Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summer Transfers 2022
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
han2503
All Summer Transfer talk here

Let's hope it's a good one
han2503
Btw, Papa Berlu is hopefully going to help us fund transfers this summer by being a silent investor and taking some excess players off of our hands

Monza being linked with Caldara and Colombo

Hopefully they take them on permanent deals. We should also try to get them to bite on Ballo-Toure and flip Messias to them as well
X-Offender
Reports linking us Enzo Fernandez of River Plate. CM, 21 years old. 6 goals and 5 assists thus far in 16 games in the league.

Saw a few clips of him on YouTube, guy looks incredibly impressive. His release clause is set at 18mil.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 3 2022, 12:43 AM) *
Reports linking us Enzo Fernandez of River Plate. CM, 21 years old. 6 goals and 5 assists thus far in 16 games in the league.

Saw a few clips of him on YouTube, guy looks incredibly impressive. His release clause is set at 18mil.

it between him or renato i suppose, Renato bid is 12 million and probably a deal would be possible in 15. Doubt, we will go for both, we have Adli and then pobega could be staying as well.
han2503
Renato is pretty much done from what I've been reading.

So if this kid come it would be as an added bonus in the midfield. We're going to have a packed schedule next season, especially with a WC wedged in that the majority of our starting 11 will be involved in. We need to make sure we have quality on the bench as well next season, especially if we're aiming to do well in the CL while staying competitive in the league

Kessie and Bakayoko are both gone for next season. Renato is not exactly a like for like with Kessie, but if we're switch to a midfield 3, I'd rather we go for someone who can rotate with Bennacer a holding mid rather than another creative box-to-box player.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 2 2022, 11:33 PM) *
Yeah, Di Maria would have been a sweet deal. He's asking a bit too much and also a 3-year contract at least from what I've read, but we could have still tried to make it work. Guy is still world class.

I'm very curious to see who we'll sign for that right wing. One thing's certain, it's going to be someone of quality.

3 years for a player like Di Maria is too much. A season as a stop-gap option would have been okay, but not 3 years at that kind of money. Juve can afford to do suicide deals like that one, we cannot.

As for the RW, as long as it is not Zaniolo or Berardi, I'm open to any name.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 3 2022, 03:10 PM) *
3 years for a player like Di Maria is too much. A season as a stop-gap option would have been okay, but not 3 years at that kind of money. Juve can afford to do suicide deals like that one, we cannot.

As for the RW, as long as it is not Zaniolo or Berardi, I'm open to any name.

Not a fan of Zaniolo?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 3 2022, 06:01 PM) *
Not a fan of Zaniolo?

He's just not been the same since his injuries. Lost his acceleration, his stats this season are mediocre considering he only missed something like 5 games. Plus his knees are both shot.

For the money Roma want he's not worth it.

Plus he seems like a hot mess off the pitch as well. Have you seen the stuff with Zaccagni?
han2503
Longo saying we're close to finalising the deal for Sanches.

Let's just close this thing out. Don't know what's happening with Botman but it does really seem like we've cooled things down a bit. I really hop it means we're going after Bremer.

We have Pobega at Toro. Sky said today that he's going to come bac for next season, but I really think it's a good opportunity to use him as leverage with Toro to take Inter out of the running. Pobega is never going to be a top CM. Juric seems to really value him and his price is pretty high atm after a good season at Toro. It will only plummet if he spends next season on the bench for us.
han2503
Mkhitaryan off to inter.

I really wonder what their strategy is here. They keep signing these old players and not for low salaries either. They need to make 80m profit this transfer market according to what I've been reading. With Dybala also most likely joining for 7m per year.

I know they're going to offload some big contracts this summer. But still, doesn't seem like such a smart strategy. It's not like they have a young squad, and they're just adding a bit of depth and experience.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 3 2022, 07:26 PM) *
Mkhitaryan off to inter.

I really wonder what their strategy is here. They keep signing these old players and not for low salaries either. They need to make 80m profit this transfer market according to what I've been reading. With Dybala also most likely joining for 7m per year.

I know they're going to offload some big contracts this summer. But still, doesn't seem like such a smart strategy. It's not like they have a young squad, and they're just adding a bit of depth and experience.

Honestly, I think it's a very smart move. He's coming as a free agent, at a 3.5m short-term contract it's more than acceptable. They needed a sub for Calhanoglu in midfield.

Inter need to earn 60mil this summer, and they're going to achieve that via 1-2 luxurious sales. Most mentioned names are Bastoni and Lautaro.

Dybala seems like a done deal. The Lukaku scenario it's never going to take place. It's too impossible.

Last I heard Tottenham are about to offer 90mil for Bastoni, but I don't believe it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 3 2022, 09:41 PM) *
Honestly, I think it's a very smart move. He's coming as a free agent, at a 3.5m short-term contract it's more than acceptable. They needed a sub for Calhanoglu in midfield.

Inter need to earn 60mil this summer, and they're going to achieve that via 1-2 luxurious sales. Most mentioned names are Bastoni and Lautaro.

Dybala seems like a done deal. The Lukaku scenario it's never going to take place. It's too impossible.

Last I heard Tottenham are about to offer 90mil for Bastoni, but I don't believe it.

They could get a sub of similar quality for much less salary imo. Miki is really on a downward trajectory and it's going quick.

If I was an Inter fan I'd be p!ssed if they sell Lautaro to get Dybala.

I doubt it's 90m but I'm sure Conte would want him over there so I wouldn't be surprised if they make a big offer. Either way, I think the Inter squad is getting weaker this summer. They've already lost their biggest clutch player from last season.

I think Juve are going to be the biggest rivals next year. They're making some interesting moves. Their only problem is Allegri and his terrorist football.
han2503
Gazzetta seem pretty persistent about this Zaniolo link FFS!

Now they're saying we're offering 25m + Rebic...

I really hope we don't f@ck our budget for this guy
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 3 2022, 07:14 PM) *
He's just not been the same since his injuries. Lost his acceleration, his stats this season are mediocre considering he only missed something like 5 games. Plus his knees are both shot.

For the money Roma want he's not worth it.

Plus he seems like a hot mess off the pitch as well. Have you seen the stuff with Zaccagni?

Yes, I agree with you. I was a big fan of him pre-injuries, but I've seen him many times during this season (was even at the stadium for the Conference final) and he's just not the same. Maybe it'll eventually come back to him, but for that money we can get better.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 3 2022, 07:18 PM) *
Longo saying we're close to finalising the deal for Sanches.

Let's just close this thing out. Don't know what's happening with Botman but it does really seem like we've cooled things down a bit. I really hop it means we're going after Bremer.

We have Pobega at Toro. Sky said today that he's going to come bac for next season, but I really think it's a good opportunity to use him as leverage with Toro to take Inter out of the running. Pobega is never going to be a top CM. Juric seems to really value him and his price is pretty high atm after a good season at Toro. It will only plummet if he spends next season on the bench for us.

Bro, you need to forget about this Bremer stuff. He's not coming. biggrin.gif

I see no reason why we should go after Bremer if Maldini has been stalking Botman for so long. He even has an agreement with the player. The only possibility of him not coming is if we don't reach an agreement with Lille because Newcastle will start offering +40mil and sh*t. Fucking Premier clubs...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2022, 11:23 AM) *
They could get a sub of similar quality for much less salary imo. Miki is really on a downward trajectory and it's going quick.

If I was an Inter fan I'd be p!ssed if they sell Lautaro to get Dybala.

I doubt it's 90m but I'm sure Conte would want him over there so I wouldn't be surprised if they make a big offer. Either way, I think the Inter squad is getting weaker this summer. They've already lost their biggest clutch player from last season.

I think Juve are going to be the biggest rivals next year. They're making some interesting moves. Their only problem is Allegri and his terrorist football.

Too early to speak. Marotta is a guru, I'm sure he'll conjure something up. If Inter only lose on between Bastoni and Lautaro and manage to replace them with Bremer or Dybala, then they'll maintain their overall squad quality.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2022, 11:28 AM) *
Gazzetta seem pretty persistent about this Zaniolo link FFS!

Now they're saying we're offering 25m + Rebic...

I really hope we don't f@ck our budget for this guy

I'd never give up Rebic for Zaniolo. Not to mention we need someone as versatile as Ante. If Leao gets injured, who subs him? Krunic?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2022, 11:36 AM) *
Yes, I agree with you. I was a big fan of him pre-injuries, but I've seen him many times during this season (was even at the stadium for the Conference final) and he's just not the same. Maybe it'll eventually come back to him, but for that money we can get better.

Ha, didn't know you went to the final. Too bad for you Jose was involved tongue.gif

Bro, you need to forget about this Bremer stuff. He's not coming. biggrin.gif

Can you just let me enjoy this possibility for a bit? dramaqueensmil.gif dramaqueensmil.gif

I'm just saying Bremer is the smarter option. And Paolo is just a smart guy...

Plus the crying Inter fans will do will be so worth it even if Bremer turns into a flop (not possible). First the Scudetto and now the CB they've been rumoured to have agreed terms with for months now

I see no reason why we should go after Bremer if Maldini has been stalking Botman for so long. He even has an agreement with the player. The only possibility of him not coming is if we don't reach an agreement with Lille because Newcastle will start offering +40mil and sh*t. Fucking Premier clubs...

State owned EPL clubs at that...

We'll see what happens. The Elliot link to Lille is great for us. This is why I'm happy they're keeping a minority share in the club. They wield a lot of influence. Especially if you're in their debt.

Btw. Botman seemingly does not want to go to Newcastle, so whatever they offer to Lille now, unless they convince him, it won't really matter.

Final comment. Bring on the Super League and f@ck UEFA.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 4 2022, 11:44 AM) *
Final comment. Bring on the Super League and f@ck UEFA.

I would call the whole Mbappe renewal ordeal as THE WORST thing that's ever happened to football. You're offering to a player you already own, about to become a free agent, 130mil just to renew, and 30mil annual net salary? WTF???

A club like PSG that made 224mil of losses last season. Yet they manage to pull these moves thanks to the fraudulent way the Arabs manage the club. And UEFA lets it happen as if something normal. Absolutely disgusting.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 4 2022, 02:48 PM) *
I would call the whole Mbappe renewal ordeal as THE WORST thing that's ever happened to football. You're offering to a player you already own, about to become a free agent, 130mil just to renew, and 30mil annual net salary? WTF???

A club like PSG that made 224mil of losses last season. Yet they manage to pull these moves thanks to the fraudulent way the Arabs manage the club. And UEFA lets it happen as if something normal. Absolutely disgusting.

This is why I supported the SL from day 1.

Only fans of the EPL were against it, because that's a Super League in and of itself. Add to it state backed clubs and it's even worse

PSG are in their own stratosphere of disgusting.

I think within the next 5 years the SL will happen and UEFA will have to bow down to it.
Rossoneri7
Looks like the new owner of Milan has given Maldini a war chest. Elliott stated that they chose Redbird for their business acumen, in that Milan will continue to be managed in a sustainable manner. I.e. no over the top buys and to live within Milan?s salary cap.

The warchest would most likely be coming from newly injected capital and sponsorship deals. The visibility Redbird have in marketing would bring in better sponsorship deals.

I am excited for what is to come now. As at first i was skeptical when Maldini said those comments.

Milan are linked with a lot of interesting names, but I hope for a stellar signing. An Ibrahimovic type of player with more fuel in the tank.
X-Offender
Two days in a row I keep reading rumours about Nkunku. Honestly, it kinda sucks cos we all know it's impossible to get him so they're just teasing us.

I think the best possible player we could get this summer in attack is De Ketelaere. With Botman, Renato, De Ketelaere and Origi I would be more than happy. Delighted.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 5 2022, 12:53 PM) *
Two days in a row I keep reading rumours about Nkunku. Honestly, it kinda sucks cos we all know it's impossible to get him so they're just teasing us.

I think the best possible player we could get this summer in attack is De Ketelaere. With Botman, Renato, De Ketelaere and Origi I would be more than happy. Delighted.

Lang also being mentioned a lot. If Rebic is really going to be sold, I could see them bringing in a back-up for Leao.

Those 4 will make it an excellent window either way

A LB backup is also critical this window imo. We need to be able to give Theo a rest now and then as well as cover for him when he's unaviailble. Ballo-Toure clearly isn't the solution there
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 4 2022, 08:46 PM) *
Looks like the new owner of Milan has given Maldini a war chest. Elliott stated that they chose Redbird for their business acumen, in that Milan will continue to be managed in a sustainable manner. I.e. no over the top buys and to live within Milan?s salary cap.

The warchest would most likely be coming from newly injected capital and sponsorship deals. The visibility Redbird have in marketing would bring in better sponsorship deals.

I am excited for what is to come now. As at first i was skeptical when Maldini said those comments.

Milan are linked with a lot of interesting names, but I hope for a stellar signing. An Ibrahimovic type of player with more fuel in the tank.

I think 100m will be enough to have a very good transfer market. We don't need to spend huge sums. The ground work has already been done by Maldini and Massara for players like Botman, Sanches and Origi. They'll probaly cost around 50m all together.

De Ketelaere will be a bit high, probably around 35m. We might be going for Lang as well which will probably be around 20m.

Factoring in a couple of sales like Caldara, Alexis/Rebic (hopefully not Rebic, but I understand why they might want to cash in), Ballo-Toure, Krunic (don't know if we'll sell him but with Adli and Pobega as well as Sanches coming in, I don't know if Krunic will have space next season. Plus some salaries going off the books and Zlatan's reduced wages. We'll have some extra cash to bring in a back-up for Theo and complete some important renewals (Leao, Tomori, Tonali, Bennacer, Kalulu, should all be renewed in the next few months. Without breaking the bank. That's a budget in line with what Elliot has been giving Paolo and Massara to work with.

Given the excellent work done by management for us to have such a strong foundation of young players, we don't need to have big summer spending sprees, just upgrades every summer for certain areas.

I think next summer is when we'll go all out for a striker imo. Especially if we cover all the weak points this summer, with the expected names.
Rossoneri7
Sanches is a done deal.

Botman is a little complicated as EPL teams Newcastle, Spurs and United had placed bids higher than that of Milan, while the player himself is pushing for Milan only.

Origi, apparently will sign beginning of July when his contract is expired.

Am i missing something else?
X-Offender
Gazzetta today write that we'll have 100m to spend this summer, which is precisely what I've been saying we'll be spending (spent 75m last summer, can't see why we can't spend 100m in this one).

On the other hand, apparently we met with Raspadori's agent yesterday. No, just, no.

100m = Botman (30m) + Renato (20m) + Origi (0m) + De Ketelaere (30-35m) + Florenzi's redemption (4.5m). That's it. Whatever remains we can spend on some low-key signing or another loan.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 9 2022, 10:25 AM) *
Gazzetta today write that we'll have 100m to spend this summer, which is precisely what I've been saying we'll be spending (spent 75m last summer, can't see why we can't spend 100m in this one).

On the other hand, apparently we met with Raspadori's agent yesterday. No, just, no.

100m = Botman (30m) + Renato (20m) + Origi (0m) + De Ketelaere (30-35m) + Florenzi's redemption (4.5m). That's it. Whatever remains we can spend on some low-key signing or another loan.

Florzenzi will be coming for lower. Just read we agreed a 2.5/3m deal for him with Roma

Raspadori is okay for me. Prefer him over the other 2 Sassuolo guys. Still not a 30m player imo so no worries there about getting him for that money.

Botman I think is going to turn into a saga. Which is funny because I assumed Renato would be the harder deal but he seems practically done. While Botman is going to be an issue from Lille's side with Newcastle and PSG offering more than us. Our trump card is obviously the fact that the player seems set on Milan.

I think we'll go for Lang as well from Brugge. Just a hunch. Only thing remaining if we get all these done is a backup for Theo. Soo 100m + anything we get from player sales should be more than enough to cover all these moves
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 8 2022, 09:08 PM) *
Sanches is a done deal.

Botman is a little complicated as EPL teams Newcastle, Spurs and United had placed bids higher than that of Milan, while the player himself is pushing for Milan only.

Origi, apparently will sign beginning of July when his contract is expired.

Am i missing something else?

I think those are the first 3 major moves we'll make. Which would be an excellent start imo

Still need 3 more players to complete the squad and to make some sales as well.
han2503
Botman issue getting complicated according to Romano.

Honestly. Just swoop in and take Bremer from under Inter while they're wasting time on Dybala. Not that complicated
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 9 2022, 06:51 PM) *
Honestly. Just swoop in and take Bremer from under Inter while they're wasting time on Dybala. Not that complicated

X-Offender
Mediaset - In the evening, AC Milan transfer market men are expected to have talks with Botman's agent to try to find the right solution to bring him to the Rossoneri. Bremer remains in the background, but Inter are still ahead.
X-Offender
In Belgium they're saying Noa Lang to Milan is a 100% done deal. Maldini is only waiting for RedBird's OK.
han2503
I feel like our transfer market atm is at a standstill.

Nothing will happen until management renews and they have a clear idea on what the budget will be

Re Botman, NUFC are offering 55m for him. I think that's curtains for us on that front. Once again. Bremer is there. I know you prefer Botman x-off, but unless the player pushes an only Milan agenda, that's not going to happen. And I really don't want us to sour our business relationship with them either. We still have the Sanches deal to conlude. plus any business we want to do with them in the future.

55m for him is a great opportunity for them.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 12 2022, 05:10 PM) *
I feel like our transfer market atm is at a standstill.

Nothing will happen until management renews and they have a clear idea on what the budget will be

I've been reading a lot of these comments lately. I think you guys need to realise that it's only the 12th of June today. No team has made any official moves yet. Actually, we're the ones most far ahead in terms of clear ideas and player negotiations.

Origi and Sanches are 100% done deals. Botman, Bremer, De Ketelaere and Lang are clear targets. They just need time, so be patient. The budget has already been fixed months in advance. It's not like clubs decide on a whim how much they want to spend for the summer campaign. It doesn't work like that.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 12 2022, 05:10 PM) *
Re Botman, NUFC are offering 55m for him. I think that's curtains for us on that front. Once again. Bremer is there. I know you prefer Botman x-off, but unless the player pushes an only Milan agenda, that's not going to happen. And I really don't want us to sour our business relationship with them either. We still have the Sanches deal to conlude. plus any business we want to do with them in the future.

55m for him is a great opportunity for them.

I don't believe the 55m figure. The most reliable figure I've read is 40m, whereas we're offering 30m. The only solution at this point is if we increased the offer to 35m with bonuses and the player pushed for the move. But I think it's very unlikely to happen at this point, so I'm starting to give up on Botman.

As for Bremer, he has an agreement with Inter. Again it boils down to whether we can offer more money to Torino than Inter. But today Tuttosport reports of a serious interest of Tottenham for Bremer. So that alternative could fall apart as well.

Corriere linked us with Pablo Mar? today for the CB position.
Rossoneri7
Looks like both Botman and Bremen will not be destined for Serie A this summer.

Milan should keep faith in Kalulu and Kajaer ? sign a decent back up for the pair, and focus the funds on other aspects of the pitch.

X-Offender
Botman pushing for a Milan move, Newcastle getting impatient and want an answer by the end of the week.

Interesting fact that, according to Mediaset, Newcastle's offer is nowhere near the 50m previously reported, but actually at 30m pound.

On the other hand Lille are not happy with our offer, which I presume should be around 25m max.

I mean, come on! Ryan Gravenberch, one of the most talented and promising youngsters of last season was signed by Bayern from Ajax for 25m. Lille really need to get back to reality. Botman is not Nesta.
X-Offender
Florenzi's redemption has been finalised at 2.7m against the initial 4.5m agreed upon. Messias is also close to being permanently signed for 4m.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 12 2022, 05:44 PM) *
I've been reading a lot of these comments lately. I think you guys need to realise that it's only the 12th of June today. No team has made any official moves yet. Actually, we're the ones most far ahead in terms of clear ideas and player negotiations.

Origi and Sanches are 100% done deals. Botman, Bremer, De Ketelaere and Lang are clear targets. They just need time, so be patient. The budget has already been fixed months in advance. It's not like clubs decide on a whim how much they want to spend for the summer campaign. It doesn't work like that.

Inter look to be ahead of everyone atm in terms of deals. Dybala practically done, same for Bellanova, advanced negotiations for Asllani and they have an agreement with Bremer. So they're going to move quickly. Obviously this could all be offset by making 2 big sales later on. But we'll have to see. My issue with waiting around is that you waste pre-season. I know it's only June, but the pre-season starts in July as far as I know, so I really do hope we start to see some official announcements soon

As for the budget. If the ownership change didn't happen, I think Sanches would have been concluded as quickly as Maignan was last season for example. But the takeover did change things. The budget under Elliot could have been a certain number but it could be higher or lower now. We don't really know what's happening. Of course these things are planned ahead, but these are special circumstances that we're going through

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 12 2022, 05:44 PM) *
I don't believe the 55m figure. The most reliable figure I've read is 40m, whereas we're offering 30m. The only solution at this point is if we increased the offer to 35m with bonuses and the player pushed for the move. But I think it's very unlikely to happen at this point, so I'm starting to give up on Botman.

As for Bremer, he has an agreement with Inter. Again it boils down to whether we can offer more money to Torino than Inter. But today Tuttosport reports of a serious interest of Tottenham for Bremer. So that alternative could fall apart as well.

Corriere linked us with Pablo Mar? today for the CB position.

Regarding the CB position. Kalulu and Tomori were the best CB duo in the league last season when they started playing together. This really isn't a do or die situation for us. So if Botman or Bremer come, I'd be excited about it, but if we just gave Romagnoli the 3m salary he wants I'd be fine with that as well. Either that or bring in someone young and promising. This is an area where I fully trust Paolo et al in whatever they choose to do.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 13 2022, 07:53 PM) *
Looks like both Botman and Bremen will not be destined for Serie A this summer.

Milan should keep faith in Kalulu and Kajaer ? sign a decent back up for the pair, and focus the funds on other aspects of the pitch.

We'll see. Botman seems to be set on coming to Milan. I doubt he wants to make take a step back at this point. Newcastle are no where near breaking into the top 4 right now.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2022, 11:56 AM) *
Botman pushing for a Milan move, Newcastle getting impatient and want an answer by the end of the week.

Interesting fact that, according to Mediaset, Newcastle's offer is nowhere near the 50m previously reported, but actually at 30m pound.

On the other hand Lille are not happy with our offer, which I presume should be around 25m max.

I mean, come on! Ryan Gravenberch, one of the most talented and promising youngsters of last season was signed by Bayern from Ajax for 25m. Lille really need to get back to reality. Botman is not Nesta.

30m is fair. We shouldn't go above that as we have more pressing positions to address

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2022, 01:19 PM) *
Florenzi's redemption has been finalised at 2.7m against the initial 4.5m agreed upon. Messias is also close to being permanently signed for 4m.

Good move for Florenzi

I really do not see the point of keeping Messias unless we're going to flip him onto Monza or some other mid-table side.

That left wing is seriously crowded with sub-par players atm. I'd only keep Alexis of the bunch because he's a multi-purpose player that is still very young.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 14 2022, 07:45 PM) *
Inter look to be ahead of everyone atm in terms of deals. Dybala practically done, same for Bellanova, advanced negotiations for Asllani and they have an agreement with Bremer. So they're going to move quickly. Obviously this could all be offset by making 2 big sales later on. But we'll have to see. My issue with waiting around is that you waste pre-season. I know it's only June, but the pre-season starts in July as far as I know, so I really do hope we start to see some official announcements soon

Only Dybala has been defined. The others are being negotiated. We already have Origi and Sanches coming in 100%. And don't forget Inter have to sell 1-2 of their top players.

As for the budget. If the ownership change didn't happen, I think Sanches would have been concluded as quickly as Maignan was last season for example. But the takeover did change things. The budget under Elliot could have been a certain number but it could be higher or lower now. We don't really know what's happening. Of course these things are planned ahead, but these are special circumstances that we're going through

Actually, it isn't much the ownership change but rather the internal problems within Lille that's delaying Sanches' signing. As you may or may not know, a faction within the club wants to pospone any sales post-June so they fall onto the next financial year, whereas another faction wants to cash in right now. The ownership's decision is expected shortly. Either way, Sanches is expected to have his medical with us next week last I read.

Regarding the CB position. Kalulu and Tomori were the best CB duo in the league last season when they started playing together. This really isn't a do or die situation for us. So if Botman or Bremer come, I'd be excited about it, but if we just gave Romagnoli the 3m salary he wants I'd be fine with that as well. Either that or bring in someone young and promising. This is an area where I fully trust Paolo et al in whatever they choose to do.

Again with this Romagnoli talk. Guys, he doesn't want to stay. He wants to be a starter in a club where he feels important and make it into the NT. It's not an issue of money, it never was. But here he'd be 3rd choice, even 4th if Kjaer gets back in good shape.

That left wing is seriously crowded with sub-par players atm. I'd only keep Alexis of the bunch because he's a multi-purpose player that is still very young.

I think the club wants to monetise from Alexis. He has good mercato abroad and we could get some 12-15 mil from him like with Hauge. I'd be fine with Messias as sub if we get a top winger.
X-Offender
Fresh update. Apparently I had not understood it correctly. It wasn't much a decision of Lille's ownership but rather that of the Direction Nationale du Controle de Gestion which monitors the accounts of French clubs. They had frozen Lille's possibility of buying and selling players due to their financial problems, but just a few minutes ago they accepted Lille's proposed contingency plans, so Sanches and Botman now can be freely sold on the market.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2022, 08:04 PM) *
Only Dybala has been defined. The others are being negotiated. We already have Origi and Sanches coming in 100%. And don't forget Inter have to sell 1-2 of their top players.

The rest are pretty much done as well (Bremer aside). Now there's talk of Lukaku coming back on some rediculous loan which I don't know how it's possible that Chelsea are going to go along with. Ridiculous numbers like 10m for the loan. After they paid nearly a 100m for him. Makes absolutely no sense why they would give Inter this kind of hand-out

If they get Lukaku, Dybala and keep Lautaro, that's worrying. And how the f@ck can they do all this business with all these players earning over 6m per year in salaries when they're broke?? Chinese sponsorships keep dropping like flies atm for them, Suning can't inject capital into the club, yet they can throw around these kinds of salaries...

Origi and Sanches are both great additions, don't get me wrong. But Inter could be making 2 marquee signings in the attack. Our weakest are is the attack yet I can't see us making signings of that caliber on the LW or in the AM position

Actually, it isn't much the ownership change but rather the internal problems within Lille that's delaying Sanches' signing. As you may or may not know, a faction within the club wants to pospone any sales post-June so they fall onto the next financial year, whereas another faction wants to cash in right now. The ownership's decision is expected shortly. Either way, Sanches is expected to have his medical with us next week last I read.

Yeah, I know about the issues with Lille, but the ownership change I think has also put things a bit on ice for us. Otherwise, simple deals like the Florenzi one would have been sorted earlier. At least that's what I think

Again with this Romagnoli talk. Guys, he doesn't want to stay. He wants to be a starter in a club where he feels important and make it into the NT. It's not an issue of money, it never was. But here he'd be 3rd choice, even 4th if Kjaer gets back in good shape.

Romagnoli is just the simplest solution. Not getting Botman now would be disappointing, and it would leave us a man short at CB.

I think the club wants to monetise from Alexis. He has good mercato abroad and we could get some 12-15 mil from him like with Hauge. I'd be fine with Messias as sub if we get a top winger.

We'll see. Still makes no sense to me that Messias is going to cost us around 7m total when he's already 31 years old and had a sub-par season with us. Even as just a back up. For me it makes more sense to keep Alexis.

Whatever happens, 2 players from that position need to be moved on. Samu and one of them have to go.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 14 2022, 08:13 PM) *
Fresh update. Apparently I had not understood it correctly. It wasn't much a decision of Lille's ownership but rather that of the Direction Nationale du Controle de Gestion which monitors the accounts of French clubs. They had frozen Lille's possibility of buying and selling players due to their financial problems, but just a few minutes ago they accepted Lille's proposed contingency plans, so Sanches and Botman now can be freely sold on the market.

Let's see.

We've been reading about "decisive steps" for Sanches for a month now
X-Offender

wink.gif
X-Offender
Apparently Lille have blocked Botman's movement towards us unless we match Newcastle's offer. They're offering 30m pound plus bonuses which translates to roughly 40m euro. We're offering instead approx 30m bonuses included. So there's a 10m difference.

I mean, at this point I really don't know what's gonna happen. Botman's will is the most important factor, cos he's the asset being treated, but Lille on the other hand are in severe financial difficulties and for them 10m extra could make a world of difference. So, I sort of can understand their iron hand in the matter.

In other news, both Lukaku and Dybala to Inter seems very close to happening. Dumfries should go to Chelsea, and PSG are about to offer 70m for Skrinar. But they can use part of that money to sign Bremer.

If we don't strengthen the team properly this summer Inter are going to walk the league. I mean, a Lukaku-Dybala-Lautaro attack is unparalleled.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2022, 06:22 PM) *
Apparently Lille have blocked Botman's movement towards us unless we match Newcastle's offer. They're offering 30m pound plus bonuses which translates to roughly 40m euro. We're offering instead approx 30m bonuses included. So there's a 10m difference.

I mean, at this point I really don't know what's gonna happen. Botman's will is the most important factor, cos he's the asset being treated, but Lille on the other hand are in severe financial difficulties and for them 10m extra could make a world of difference. So, I sort of can understand their iron hand in the matter.

In other news, both Lukaku and Dybala to Inter seems very close to happening. Dumfries should go to Chelsea, and PSG are about to offer 70m for Skrinar. But they can use part of that money to sign Bremer.

If we don't strengthen the team properly this summer Inter are going to walk the league. I mean, a Lukaku-Dybala-Lautaro attack is unparalleled.

Yeah, they're going to be stacked upfront.

Don't know how they can manage all those big salaries though.

Lukaku for me is the difference maker. Lautaro is always up and down and Dybala has the body of a 12 year old girl. If Lukaku returns back in his pre-move shape, then it's going to be even more difficuilt than it was already this season to keep pace with them, let alone beat them to the title again

The fact that the management contract extensions have not been announces yet and we're now past mid-June is also worrying...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2022, 08:03 PM) *
Yeah, they're going to be stacked upfront.

Don't know how they can manage all those big salaries though.

Lukaku for me is the difference maker. Lautaro is always up and down and Dybala has the body of a 12 year old girl. If Lukaku returns back in his pre-move shape, then it's going to be even more difficuilt than it was already this season to keep pace with them, let alone beat them to the title again

The fact that the management contract extensions have not been announces yet and we're now past mid-June is also worrying...

Sanchez and Vidal who have the same high salaries will leave, so they're simply replacing them. Plus Perisic who was their 3rd biggest earner also left.
Rossoneri7
Milan?s transfer affairs will start after Origi is signed, medical is imminent.

I would think Milan have firmed up their squeeze on both Sanchez and that De Ketelaere kid.

Botman will end up at Newcastle, so a search for a defender should not be Milan priority. The priority should be RW, Asensio or Lang or Faivre.

If a decent CB comes in as a backup, then it would be a job well done.

@han to measure Milan against inter is not healthy at this moment. They have to weaken other areas of the pitch. La Joya is not decisive nor is he a player to depend on. Lukaku will be a decisive impact upfront. Otherwise, inter would be weakened all over.

Milan on the other hand will be strengthened. Redbird?s chairman had confirmed they want Milan back and competing for more silverware. While Elliott stated their decision to go with Redbird is primarily driven by the desire to continue acting in a sustainable manner. If you translate that into words, it means Milan wont be entering into bidding wars and Milan wont be derailed from its project of bringing in fresh new talent with huge upside. Of course an experienced player here and there, the ones that make the difference as leaders and add value and experience. It is a brighter future indeed.
Rossoneri7
Also something very important to take note of ? Milan closes its financial year on June 30.

So taking into account the prize money and CL participation money, it will be a positive year end for Milan.

Transfers could very well happen after June 30th so as to present Uefa with a fortress balancesheet depicting positive cashflow and a profit, but tainted by outflows for signings could very well be the reason only Origi is most likely to sign before July 1st. All other targets could be closed post that date.
X-Offender
Sky reporting we're offering 10m for Sanches, Lille are asking 20m.

It's gotta be BS. I mean, everyone and their grandmas were reporting Sanches as 99% done, now this.

But in the unlikely chance it's true, we really have to wake up. Offering 25m for Botman when Newcastle are offering 35-40. Now 10m for Sanches? Even Saelemaekers is worth more! Nah, it's gotta be BS.

We can't hope to sign the Botman's and Sanches' and De Ketelaere's of this world with peanuts.
Rossoneri7
Latest updates:

- Bennasser is unhappy at loosing his starting position at Milan and United are preparing a second offer to sign him.

- Maldini and Massara renewals are in danger due to Gazidies given wider authority on behalf of new owners. Negotiations with the pair of directors are very difficult.

- Leao is close to signing a contract till 2026 worth 6M.

- Botman is keeping his stance firm in rejecting Newcastles offer to him. He will only listen to Milan.

Of course news reports change from day to the next, hope all is cleared with Maldini and Massara. I see these two as the true heroes of Milan?s success. It would be sad if Milan dont renew Maldini, the house of cards could crumble, as he keeps the lantern shinning to be inherited to next generation of legends.

X-Offender
The Bennacer bit doesn't surprise me in the slightest. The guy needs to be a regular starter yet Pioli preferred Kessie over him so many times during last season. If there is one player I would start in every single game, it'd be Bennacer. The most underrated player in Serie A.

Regarding Maldini and Massara, from what I understand they want to be given full authority on signing players. Apparently there's a very cumbersome chain of command when it comes to spending, so whenever Maldini wants to sign somebody, he has to go to Gazidis to ask for permission, then they have to wait for the funds to be given the green light etc. I guess after a while it becomes annoying, and for a sporting director it doesn't give you enough freedom to move on the market.
han2503
All this reporting about the management's contacts is coming from places like Corriere which aren't really reliable. So I don't know what is going on but to not tie down Maldini, Massara and Moncada would be a truly shambolic start for the new ownership...

Just makes no sense to limit a management team that has brought impeccable results with barely any budget. It's already past mid-June now. Forget about players signings and extensions. We need to get this sorted out ASAP. Origi will be the only transfer going through before these contracts are sorted out because he's free and the deal was agreed a while ago. Just really worrying

The report on Sanches from Sky is just strange, I really don't think they know what is going on at Milan. And his has been the case ever since the new management took over.
han2503
Bennacer has to be one of the players we make sure we keep. And we need to remove whatever release clause we put in the original contract

Kessie is gone now, and we'll most likely switch to a 4-3-3 similar to what we were using at the end of last season. Bennacer was unplayable in April before he got injured against Inter then he lost his place again. Plus AFCON and a feww other niggling injuries and he was in and out of the team, but it's not like he was frozen out. He still played a very good number of minutes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.