Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SP] La Liga 2013-14
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Fillipo Simone
Obvious penalty denied. Madrid should have got a draw, it would have been deserved. But it was a very enjoyable match.
dst
I don't think Madrid deserved a draw but it should have been one, that was a clear penalty.

Nice goal by whoever that was.

Neymar was not actually that good but he had a goal.
Fillipo Simone
...and an assist as well.
Linkman
Neymar on that left wing brought back so many Dinho memories. He was MoM for me, Barca's most dangerous player along with Iniesta.
kurtsimonw
RM-Sevilla mental game.

9 goals, missed penalty and a red card so far. laugh.gif
KillerMax
Unjust penatly. That as actually a great tackle by Ronaldo. Justly missed biggrin.gif
Linkman
Once again brilliant Neymar pass to Alexis goal, for the win. happy.gif
kurtsimonw
Was a good pass, but both he and Messi particularly had awful games. Barca have really lacked any kind of plan B lately.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 1 2013, 11:37 PM) *
Was a good pass, but both he and Messi particularly had awful games. Barca have really lacked any kind of plan B lately.

That's they thing though with Barca. They don't have a plan B. They admit it and arrogantly so too. They are gonna run this system to the ground IMO.
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 2 2013, 06:09 AM) *
That's they thing though with Barca. They don't have a plan B. They admit it and arrogantly so too. They are gonna run this system to the ground IMO.

Haven't they done so already? Sure they can still run away with their mediocre league but they have been exposed time and time again in Europe, even our mediocre coach who can't beat Torino 9 times out of 10 managed to beat them and hold them to draws multiple times
acid911
Are you guys forgetting the Royal German 7-0 drubbing last year? huh.gif They ran it down, alright!
kurtsimonw
Sanchez is actually carrying them at the moment. laugh.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 2 2013, 12:50 PM) *
Are you guys forgetting the Royal German 7-0 drubbing last year? huh.gif They ran it down, alright!

That the thing without Xavi and Iniesta pulling the strings i think once those two retire or for what ever reason they will struggle even more so
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 2 2013, 02:32 AM) *
Haven't they done so already?

If Barca's current position can be described as ran into the ground then we are currently in the 7th circle of hell.
Linkman
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 2 2013, 08:13 PM) *
If Barca's current position can be described as ran into the ground then we are currently in the 7th circle of hell.

Pretty much. I am the first to knock Barca down a peg, but it's not like they're doing poorly with one of the best league starts ever.
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Nov 2 2013, 11:13 PM) *

Well with the players they have and the football they play, they'll always be dominant in their mediocre league and with teams who are inferior to them individually, but I think their CL performances when they've come up against difficult opposition shows that their system has ran itself into the ground already as they're been completely figured out and don't have any answer for it
Linkman
While that is true, it may be attributed to Barca's overdependence on some players, the questionable "adjustments" they've made to their playstyle (not having a true center forward, etc), and other things.

I don't think we can say the system has been truly ran into the ground when Bayern is kicking *** lately.
Milan Are Brilliant
Another week, another Ronaldo hat-trick.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Nov 10 2013, 04:02 PM) *
Another week, another Ronaldo hat-trick.

i'm just hoping Messi doesnt win the ballon dor again kind of getting old...
han2503
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Nov 10 2013, 12:28 PM) *
i'm just hoping Messi doesnt win the ballon dor again kind of getting old...

Yep, it feels like this constant Messi polarization is devaluing the prize for everyone else. How Sneijder could have been looked over in the 2010(?) race to award it to Messi for me took the cake, and this year it just has to be someone from that Bayern team, Ronaldo or Zlatan, if Messi wins it again it will confirm itself as a complete joke
kurtsimonw
He'll win it because he's FIFA's golden boy.

Sneijder 2010 and Ronaldo 2011 were the only real option and they still give it Messi. laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 10 2013, 03:10 PM) *
He'll win it because he's FIFA's golden boy.

Sneijder 2010 and Ronaldo 2011 were the only real option and they still give it Messi. laugh.gif

I think it was much close then that it is now, Messi really should not win again and FIFA don't care at this point.
X-Offender
I think Messi more than deserved it the first three times (although I would have been more than OK with Sneijder getting it in 2010). The fourth time was a bit of a stretch.
kurtsimonw
Betis totally dominate Barca, Messi goes off, Barca score twice. laugh.gif
X-Offender
Hat-trick for Bale tonight. Maybe the investment is finally starting to pay off.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2013, 04:11 PM) *
Hat-trick for Bale tonight. Maybe the investment is finally starting to pay off.

And the assist for the only other goal. wink.gif
Jack Bauer
Madrid scored 8 goals in two games without Ronaldo. Bale>Ronaldo biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Dec 1 2013, 01:07 AM) *
Madrid scored 8 goals in two games without Ronaldo. Bale>Ronaldo biggrin.gif

freak.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 30 2013, 11:11 PM) *

So that makes it what now? Like £10m a goal? Bargain.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 1 2013, 02:56 AM) *

Too soon to talk.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Dec 1 2013, 03:56 AM) *

With their merchandizing power, I'd say they will have covered his transfer fee by the end of this season.

Read a report in 2011, where they had covered Kaka and CR transfer expenses by the same means.
William405
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 1 2013, 11:21 AM) *
With their merchandizing power, I'd say they will have covered his transfer fee by the end of this season.

Read a report in 2011, where they had covered Kaka and CR transfer expenses by the same means.

+1
X-Offender
So, apparently Barça without Messi can't seem to win. Coincidence? I mean, Xavi and Iniesta are still there...
Jack Bauer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL0nCR3Nt4M biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2013, 12:53 AM) *
So, apparently Barça without Messi can't seem to win. Coincidence? I mean, Xavi and Iniesta are still there...

Yeah they were doing terribly, top of the table and all, shambles.

Also how mediocre has Bale been for all that money, would say I'm surprised but... Least they still have a super star in their ranks who will constantly pull them through.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 10 2014, 10:56 AM) *
Yeah they were doing terribly, top of the table and all, shambles.

Two losses in a row after Messi's injury, all I'm saying.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2014, 10:00 AM) *
Two losses in a row after Messi's injury, all I'm saying.

Still top of the league with him out for a few weeks, what a catastrophic struggle.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 10 2014, 03:58 PM) *
Still top of the league with him out for a few weeks, what a catastrophic struggle.

Yes, but my post was after those two games. wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2014, 04:16 PM) *
Yes, but my post was after those two games. wink.gif

Ah ok, I'd say out of 8 games without him they didn't do too badly. Weren't they like +22 GD in that time too or something. And no I'm not suggesting they're better off without just they can cope if he does get injured.
kurtsimonw
Last time Messi played and Xaviesta didn't, they lost 3-2.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 10 2014, 10:59 PM) *
Last time Messi played and Xaviesta didn't, they lost 3-2.

kurtsimonw
and dwarfy didn't score either of the goals. Just didn't have the World class service he needs. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
You'll never let that go, will you? biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Never!
KillerMax
biggrin.gif
milanbuf88
Atheltico - Barcelona ended 0-0. Atheltico looks very dangerous and could have easily won if a couple bounces went their way. We are going to have serious trouble defensively unless our backline shows some consistency.
han2503
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Jan 11 2014, 09:59 PM) *
Atheltico - Barcelona ended 0-0. Atheltico looks very dangerous and could have easily won if a couple bounces went their way. We are going to have serious trouble defensively unless our backline shows some consistency.

That's not going to happen if Allegri keeps messing with the backline every game
X-Offender
I'm pretty sure we'll park the bus in both games. This team is incapable of keeping possession against skilled opponents. We can barely make two passes in a row. It will be another humiliating performance.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 12 2014, 01:09 AM) *
That's not going to happen if Allegri keeps messing with the backline every game

For the sake of the team, I hope he gets it right this time around. A Madrid are a tough team, and over 180 minutes the result is up in the air.

Question, is SES going to make it?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 12 2014, 01:38 AM) *
Question, is SES going to make it?

Read.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 11 2014, 06:21 PM) *
Allegri: "Zapata will play for sure. I still have to choose between Mexes and Bonera. Honda could start form the bench. El Shaarawy probably won't recover within the estimated three months".

Wow, a complete wasted season for El Shaa.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.