05/06 Barcelona
06/07 Real Madrid
07/08 Real Madrid
08/09 Barcelona
09/10 Barcelona
10/11 Barcelona
11/12 Real Madrid
Fillipo Simone
Another season of Madrid-Barcelona rivalry and trashing the opponents. Can't wait... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Madrid 1-1 Valencia
Barça 5-1 Sociedad

Villa scores in his comeback debut. smile.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Ah well, Madrid can try next year laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
They actually looked really good. Though Jose has his La Liga title, I just want him to get a CL with them now.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 20 2012, 07:40 PM) *
They actually looked really good. Though Jose has his La Liga title, I just want him to get a CL with them now.

No Milan fan should want Madrid to win the CL.
kurtsimonw
Not at our expense. But when we're out, I generally support Jose. I don't care about this ego of how many we have won.
Fillipo Simone
Oh, I do care about it. It's part of our history, something which makes the CL more special to us. You may support Jose, just not in the CL wink.gif
X-Offender
Valencia have signed Aly Cissokho from Lyon.

Link
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. We'll see how well he can do.
Milan Are Brilliant
...and how bad his teeth are.
han2503
LOL @ Valdes.

What an idiot! laugh.gif laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Very enjoyable game topped off with a great refereeing display.

Sanchez' dives are criminal, he really needs to be suspended. Messi was very poor, Xavi ran the show. Valdes is an awful, awful, keeper.
Jack Bauer
Damn, forgot about this game sleep.gif
dst
Where was Pepe to piss all over this again? Is he going to be back next week to f*** football?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 24 2012, 01:26 AM) *
Messi was very poor

Sure!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 23 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Sure!

Did you not think so? I think he had no input on the game and missed 3 chances that are, usually for him, unmissable.
dst
Very poor? No way.
X-Offender
Valdes should quit football.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 23 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Very poor? No way.

By his standards I really think so. He doesn't miss those chances, forget 3 in the same game.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2012, 12:47 AM) *
Valdes should quit football.

What did he do?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2012, 02:18 AM) *
What did he do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOTp4Xvegc
acid911
No way should Valdez quit football. Pure entertainment. tongue.gif biggrin.gif Never do I laugh more than when Valdes makes a mistake. Always fun, always amusing. If it were any other keeper, he'd lucky to be on the bench. But hey, we do need him to sabotage Barcelona matches and make them interesting. I'd play him till he's 50, at least.
Zed.D
Buffon made a similar mistake last season too... but Valdes does it all the time. it was a few el classicos ago he passed the ball straight to a Madrid player in minute 1 and Barca conceded.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 24 2012, 03:22 AM) *

It happens. (Un)fortunately - too often when Valdes is around.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 24 2012, 02:53 PM) *
It happens. (Un)fortunately - too often when Valdes is around.

So very true. biggrin.gif
dst
Makes the second leg a lot more interesting.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 24 2012, 03:00 AM) *
By his standards I really think so. He doesn't miss those chances, forget 3 in the same game.

He did miss those chances but he was in no way very poor in my opinion. He was very active, constantly drawing attention (2, 3 or more players) and he set up quite a few attacks.
han2503
Messi looked like a great player yesterday... I agree with kurt, because of the standards he's set for himself, there is the Messi level and then the level every other great player plays at.

Iniesta on the other hand was just incredible!
dst
Can we safely say now that Iniesta has surpassed Xavi? He's looked like the better player the past couple of seasons and it's all but a certainty now, I think.
Zed.D
Xavi has been more consistent IMO. performs almost perfectly most of the time like a machine. whereas Iniesta has his great days and (sometimes) less great days. in his defense he struggles with fitness more than Xavi does.

On their absolute best day, I'd say Iniesta edges Xavi.
kurtsimonw
Agree with all of the above Zed.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 24 2012, 02:06 PM) *
Messi looked like a great player yesterday... I agree with kurt, because of the standards he's set for himself in Barca, there is the Messi level and then the level every other great player plays at.

Fixed.

lol
X-Offender
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 24 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Fixed.

lol

Well, he's only played for Barça. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Think he's on about that irrelevant country somewhere in South America.
X-Offender
National teams are another matter. And besides, he's got all the time in the world to prove everyone wrong. smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm not going to say anymore beyond this, but I think it's funny how Ronaldo scores plenty of goals at International tournements, scores a league and Cup win against Barca and people still question his ability in big games. Messi fails to show up at International tournements and recently against Madrid and he gets defended. Just funny to me.
Zed.D
I don't question Ronaldo's ability in big games anymore, he's been doing well recently. but in the end Messi is the better player in my eyes. he's performed enough times and scored enough goals against Madrid, you can't question anything because he hasn't humiliated them in 2 or 3 games like he used to!
Fillipo Simone
Good god, always the same argument. Can't we agree that they simply both do an excellent job and deserve their world class status?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2012, 02:05 AM) *
Good god, always the same argument. Can't we agree that they simply both do an excellent job and deserve their world class status?

What would be the fun in that? tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
I'm not even bothered nowadays. I just enjoy annoying the Messi fanboys on here biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 25 2012, 02:17 AM) *
I don't question Ronaldo's ability in big games anymore, he's been doing well recently. but in the end Messi is the better player in my eyes. he's performed enough times and scored enough goals against Madrid, you can't question anything because he hasn't humiliated them in 2 or 3 games like he used to!

Scoring goals against Madrid isn't all that hard. wink.gif I'd really fancy my chances against this Madrid defense.
Zed.D
^^ Problem is, unless he scores at least 2 goals and rips Madrid's defense apart on numerous occasions, some will say he hasn't been his usual self, whereas for Ronaldo, a goal would suffice even if he does nothing else during a game. case in point: he scored a header in CL final and did nothing else, even nearly cost his team the title with his missed penalty but kurt always mentions Ronaldo "performing" in a CL final in his argument because of that goal where the crossed ball happened to land on his head at the right time and he took it well. Messi can play simply a good game like the recent El Classico but still get criticized by Ronaldo fanboys for not being "amazing".

I think the expectations from Messi are way higher and that only proves he's the better player of the two.
Milan Are Brilliant
Oh god acid, they mad now biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
La Liga must be boring considering the same arguments pop up instantly.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2012, 12:33 PM) *
La Liga must be boring considering the same arguments pop up instantly.

I don't even think it was an argument this time, Kurt just said in his opinion Messi was poor in a match then they jumped on him and thus it goes into this trash again, where if you talk down of Messi or high of CR7 you get shot down and you get stipulated into this 'debate' again.

Therefore, it's just easier to make light of the situation!
Fillipo Simone
Nah, anyway. Like I said before, both are good, world class players. But you guys are a bit too much fixated on whether one of them has a weakness or not.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 25 2012, 03:17 PM) *
Oh god acid, they mad now

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, but it's a fact, Madrid's defense (save from their GK and Ramos) isn't nearly one fifth as good as the rest of their team. They always concede at the wrong time to even the smallest of teams. sleep.gif And unless they fix that, they'll have a hard time going alll the way in the Champions League.

Their attackers score at will, but Madrid's (dirty, talentless and idiotic) defense just undo it all.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 25 2012, 09:28 AM) *
because of that goal where the crossed ball happened to land on his head at the right time and he took it well.

Are you serious? I suppose Shearer was a pretty crap player then, just the ball happened to land on his head over and over again.
Jack Sparrow
Hey...you leave Shearer the f@ck alone okay? realmad.gif
kurtsimonw
I was actually using Shearer as an example that heading is a great skill...
kurtsimonw
Barca 5-a-side

I like how Valdes added a fake 0 on his shirt and also had Messi's name on it. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.