AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Rossoneri7
Tournament will start on the 7th of January ... Groups as follows:

Pot 1 - Qatar (Host), Iraq, Saudi Arabia, South Korea

Pot 2 - Japan, Australia, Iran, Uzbekistan

Pot 3 - China PR, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Jordan

Pot 4 - Syria, Kuwait, India, North Korea

Jack Sparrow
Oh...India and Kuwait in the same pot. I know R7 will be supporting India, when they play Kuwait. tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 30 2010, 10:02 AM) *
Oh...India and Kuwait in the same pot. I know R7 will be supporting India, when they play Kuwait. tongue.gif

Just as you will be supporting Kuwait biggrin.gif

Do you know anything about N. Korea ?

I know Syria is going to be a tough nut to crack.
vahid
Group A- Qatar,Kuwait,China PR,Uzbekistan

Group B- Saudi Arabia,Japan,Jordan,Syria

Group C- South Korea,Australia,India,Bahrain

Group D- Iraq,North Korea,United Arab Emirates,Iran
Rossoneri7
Thank you Vahid king.gif
Jack Sparrow
I'm gonna do a kurt and complain about how FIFA is biased against India and therefore intentionally put us in a tough group.

@R7: I'll support Kuwait for sure...just make sure you defeat KSA!!! biggrin.gif
William405
Gah,my country isn't in it,we suck... ;p
Brian Birkin
I am from 日本

I have wish that we can do well and take 4th title. However, there is great setback in missing 2 defenders and morimoto-sama. i wonder how zaccheroni-sama will enter the tournament.
vahid
QUOTE (Brian Birkin @ Dec 30 2010, 10:51 AM) *
I am from 日本

I have wish that we can do well and take 4th title. However, there is great setback in missing 2 defenders and morimoto-sama. i wonder how zaccheroni-sama will enter the tournament.

Yeah,i think Japan are the strongest team at the tournament.

Gah,my country isn't in it,we suck... ;p

What's your country?
kurtsimonw
Come on you convicts!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (vahid @ Dec 30 2010, 01:58 PM) *
What's your country?

I think he is from Lebanon unsure.gif
Ry4n
I will root for any Arabic team devilsmiley.gif
d'Arc.LP
If I see any of these games I'll bee supporting KSA and Qatar biggrin.gif
Jack Bauer
I'll root for any team from democratic country. Not many choices available biggrin.gif
Brian Birkin
Found the player bus for 日本

i think the white has a shining effect.

http://www.the-afc.com/uploads/afc/comps/a...s/thumb_jpn.jpg
servbot
Go USA!!! oh wait... wink.gif

If the times work out right, I'll try to watch some of this. I'll root for India and Iraq because of people I know here in Chicago (ok and you too Jack), and Japan has always been a favorite country of mine, so I will cheer for them also.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Dec 30 2010, 09:38 PM) *
I'll root for any team from democratic country. Not many choices available biggrin.gif

North Korea then i guess laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Dec 31 2010, 12:44 AM) *
North Korea then i guess laugh.gif

Nope, I'll leave North Korea for people like you biggrin.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Dec 31 2010, 02:04 AM) *
Nope, I'll leave North Korea for people like you biggrin.gif

haha no thanks laugh.gif ill pass
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (servbot @ Dec 31 2010, 03:26 AM) *
Go USA!!! oh wait... wink.gif

If the times work out right, I'll try to watch some of this. I'll root for India and Iraq because of people I know here in Chicago (ok and you too Jack), and Japan has always been a favorite country of mine, so I will cheer for them also.

wub.gif You love me...you really love me!!1 cry.gif

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Dec 31 2010, 06:49 AM) *
haha no thanks laugh.gif ill pass

India biatch!! Support India, or I'll ban your @$$!!! dry.gif

INDIA IS A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY!!!!!!! Maybe a bit too much for our own good...but dry.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 31 2010, 09:13 AM) *
wub.gif You love me...you really love me!!1 cry.gif

India biatch!! Support India, or I'll ban your @$$!!! dry.gif

INDIA IS A DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY!!!!!!! Maybe a bit too much for our own good...but dry.gif

yeah ill support India king.gif always love a underdog !!
kurtsimonw
India are in the same group as Australia! I suppose that's another sport they'll have to teach you a lesson in, eh Jack? biggrin.gif
Brian Birkin
7 days to we enter tournament
kurtsimonw
There's only one Timmy Cahill! One Timmy Cahill! biggrin.gif
vahid
Iraq 1 - 2 Iran

It's always nice to beat them happy.gif
William405
Why?
vahid
Because of the eight year war,they are our arch rival.
Ry4n
Saudi Arabia are out of the Asian Cup amazing haha Forza Jordan
William405
QUOTE (vahid @ Jan 12 2011, 06:00 PM) *
Because of the eight year war,they are our arch rival.

That's low,specially after all they've been through.I'm not talking about the government...
kurtsimonw
What's low? That he see's Iraq as their arch rival?
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2011, 07:06 PM) *
What's low? That he see's Iraq as their arch rival?

No,the reason behind it.

Not only that,these people have been through masacres,and their country is filled with terrorism,and Usa forces.They are trying to build a country out of this corruption.The fact that they've won the Asian cup is impressive enough.

It's other people that he's considering them their "rival",even though that's not important;it's just a silly match in a sports game...

I don't know I just felt it wasn't right,calling it "low" is an exaggeration though I agree.
kurtsimonw
I do understand what you're trying to say, but I disagree.

For starters, the countries are in close proximity to one another, that's generally enough for something to be labelled a 'rivalry'. There's also a history between the countries, which again, will mean that fans/people of the countries will consider it a rivalry. Put both of these together and you're going to get a rivalry.

It'd be like saying that calling Germany/Holland or England/Ireland a rivalry is low, it's not, it's just how the people feel about each other.

In any case, rivalries are a good thing. Without them, sport would be dull - so long as fans don't take it too far. If there's no trouble caused, then it's good for the sport.
vahid
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2011, 07:35 PM) *

For starters, the countries are in close proximity to one another, that's generally enough for something to be labelled a 'rivalry'. There's also a history between the countries, which again, will mean that fans/people of the countries will consider it a rivalry. Put both of these together and you're going to get a rivalry.

It'd be like saying that calling Germany/Holland or England/Ireland a rivalry is low, it's not, it's just how the people feel about each other.

In any case, rivalries are a good thing. Without them, sport would be dull - so long as fans don't take it too far. If there's no trouble caused, then it's good for the sport.

Thanks kurt smile.gif
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 13 2011, 08:35 PM) *

I agree,it just annoyed me,and I may have exaggerated.

Suhail 3
This australia 0-0 Iraq game is in E.T very dull
vahid
Australia1 - 0Iraq

Kewell 118'
kurtsimonw
It'd be funny if Oz win it.

England should enter the North American cup next or something, just so we win a trophy. International football is becoming a joke.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 23 2011, 10:53 AM) *
It'd be funny if Oz win it.

England should enter the North American cup next or something, just so we win a trophy. International football is becoming a joke.

I still never got why Australia got moved to Asia, was it just to get them into the World Cup and qualify against better opposition? As they'd always qualify from their zone but not beat the South Americans in the play-offs. Yet, New Zealand did just that last time!
kurtsimonw
I think their reasoning was lack of competition. It's hard to improve when you're winning 32-0 I suppose.

You shouldn't just be allowed to move region though, it just undermines the whole point. I can sort of understand Israel having to play in Europe, but even I don't agree with that. If some Asian countries have a problem with Israel, **** 'em off and let Israel play.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 23 2011, 11:52 AM) *
I think their reasoning was lack of competition. It's hard to improve when you're winning 32-0 I suppose.

Was that happening every game though? I mean I know they won by that once.

I think the reason was there frustration of having to play the South American's who would almost always beat them until 2006.
Brian Birkin
I do not believe in changing origins like regions. I think a team (and what is a part of it) is the location and should stick to it. However, I do not mind invitation plays at tournaments, like in Copa America 2011, 日本 has been invited to play for the second time. The last time we played there we managed to take point and score, which is part of our history, it makes me proud.

I also remember back in the days when a player could play for several country teams.

Australia is map wise, very close to countries in Asia, which may add to it.

Though in football it may be debated about other parts of a country to affect it, like, I think Iraq does not play matches at home.
William405
Um,their is the finals now.Japan vs Australia 0-0 73minutes.
kurtsimonw
FT 0-0.
CHU-LIP
Japan wins Asian Cup. Beautiful goal by Lee, assist from Nagatomo.

Yay! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Well done to Japan!

Congrats to Australia for being the 2nd best team in a region they're not even in.
Ry4n
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 29 2011, 09:32 PM) *
Japan wins Asian Cup. Beautiful goal by Lee, assist from Nagatomo.

Yay! biggrin.gif

yeah it was a amazing goal reminds me of Zidans for Real Madrid against Leverkusen great goal to win a game on !!

Forza Japan !!
William405
Congratz for all the Japanese people over here biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
How was Honda in the tournement?
Ry4n
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 29 2011, 10:02 PM) *
How was Honda in the tournement?

very good imo king.gif
X-Offender
Congrats to the Zacch!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.