Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 14 - Sampdoria - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
han2503
Let's keep the good times rolling devil.gif
William405
2nd post reserved ^^.Maybe it will help with luck and shiz.

Anyway,I hope Ibra will be rested.Dinho with Robinho partenrship and NO GATTUSO.
samira
So do I and hope that Dinho is really hungry after that all benchwarming.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 24 2010, 06:55 PM) *
2nd post reserved ^^.Maybe it will help with luck and shiz.

Anyway,I hope Ibra will be rested.Dinho with Robinho partenrship and NO GATTUSO.

A Dinho Robinho attack worries me, it won't contain a focal point to play off of, since both like the wings and tend to go deep

I agree that Ibra has to be rested, though is it smart to do it against Samp, they are no walkover....

Anyways my team if Pirlo is not ready, which according to Gazzetta looks to be the case

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Zambro
Flamini--Ambro--Boateng
Seedorf
Robinho--Dinho

If it's not working throw in Ibra for any one of the 3 in attack. But Boateng and Flamini in that midfield will give us the push we need while still maintaining defensive balance

However this is what Allegri will play

Flamini--Ambro--Rino
Seedorf
Robinho--Ibra

Boban10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 24 2010, 06:39 PM) *
However this is what Allegri will play

Flamini--Ambro--Rino
Seedorf
Robinho--Ibra

Aye, i would rather see KPB get the start over Rino, Ibra will have to start even tho he needs a rest, i cant see Robbie playing lone upfront supported by Dinho and Seedorf working very well, but we will see.
X-Offender
I predict a very difficult game, and I wouldn't be surprised if we draw or lose. Samp at home are always a difficult team. I really, really hope Pirlo gets back for this one, and please, NO GATTUSO!!!
X-Offender
By the way, why are we playing on Saturday at 6PM? We have no midweek games next week. Stupid Lega Calcio.
William405
If Seedorf is tired then I'd take the chance and play Merkel or Verdi.It couldn't hurt really.

Will Antonini be back?Also,it's silly that Pirlo is injured for that long.I thought it was a "minor injury".
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 24 2010, 08:48 PM) *
If Seedorf is tired then I'd take the chance and play Merkel or Verdi.It couldn't hurt really.

LOL, you still keep up with that? Merkel or Verdi won't play a single official game with us this season, sans maybe some Coppa Italia game.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 24 2010, 08:48 PM) *

Will Antonini be back?Also,it's silly that Pirlo is injured for that long.I thought it was a "minor injury".

It was minor, before he was pushed in to play a stupid friendly against Romania rolleyes.gif

Also, you really want to play a Primavera in this one?? I don't know why some people think this will be an easy tie. Samp are a very difficuilt team, especially at home as X-off pointed out. Next week we don't have any midweek fixtures so I guees it's ok to start a full strength line-up. My only worry is Rino playing in a 3 DM midfield rolleyes.gif and Ibra playing another full 90, he's tired, so tired that he requested the sub himself yesterday, that's why I think he should be rested, we cannot risk Ibra getting injured
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 24 2010, 09:50 PM) *
[...] and Ibra playing another full 90, he's tired, so tired that he requested the sub himself yesterday, that's why I think he should be rested, we cannot risk Ibra getting injured

And we play whom instead of him, exactly?
William405
X-Offender:You can only wish ;p

Han:Samp haven't convinced at all this season,apart from their draw against Inter and that wasn't a big accomplishment after all.I think,we're going to win this if Samp don't pull a good performance,and as you said they're tough at home so maybe.That's why I suggested to throw in a primavera to give a bit of spark to our team,Merkel showed great skill in the pre-season,and I bet he can do it with great desire against Samp,but I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

Off-topic:The only reason I'd give Rafael Benitez a chance at inter is because he has tried to incorporate youth into the first team.He made it work with Coutinho and he's trying with Biabiany who imo is still average.Like it or not,he's trying something new and injuries has screwed him over so far.Why can't we throw in a youth to our formation from time to time.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 24 2010, 10:22 PM) *
And we play whom instead of him, exactly?

Well that's where the problem comes in. But the question is do we start Ibra again and let him stay on practically all game and risk him pulling a muscle that could potentially put him out for weeks just so he could play in one game?

Best option is to start him, hope like hell that we have a lead by HT and put Dinho on instead, other then that we don't really have an option
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:33 PM) *
Han:Samp haven't convinced at all this season,apart from their draw against Inter and that wasn't a big accomplishment after all.I think,we're going to win this if Samp don't pull a good performance,and as you said they're tough at home so maybe.That's why I suggested to throw in a primavera to give a bit of spark to our team,Merkel showed great skill in the pre-season,and I bet he can do it with great desire against Samp,but I'm pretty sure it won't happen.

Jesus, when did we become so pretentious? Only a few weeks ago we were resigned to another crappy season, and now we wanna play primavera kids and bench Zlatan against Sampdoria??? Seriously, do a reality check.

QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:33 PM) *
Off-topic:The only reason I'd give Rafael Benitez a chance at inter is because he has tried to incorporate youth into the first team.He made it work with Coutinho and he's trying with Biabiany who imo is still average.Like it or not,he's trying something new and injuries has screwed him over so far.Why can't we throw in a youth to our formation from time to time.

The only reason Bentiez is playing the primavera kids is because he has no other alternatives. Have you taken a look at Inter's injury list? Did you take a look at their bench tonight? If Inter had all players available, or if they'd signed someone this summer, players like Coutinho and Biabiany would have barely seen the pitch.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:48 PM) *
Well that's where the problem comes in. But the question is do we start Ibra again and let him stay on practically all game and risk him pulling a muscle that could potentially put him out for weeks just so he could play in one game?

Best option is to start him, hope like hell that we have a lead by HT and put Dinho on instead, other then that we don't really have an option

We have a free week after Saturday's game, no? He can rest then.
Jack Bauer
He won't be rested in this game for sure. Sampdoria is always tough to beat away.

We have only 5 games till the big winter break while one of them against Ajax in the CL in which he won't play. So only 4 games to suck it up for Ibra.
Linkman
Or one game and a 6-month injury. Your call.

I'd rather risk dropping points against Samp than losing Ibra. Of course, this entire situation could have been avoided if Allegri had subbed out Ibra towards the end of our easier games, but alas...

Ronnie-Robbie, with Zee behind them is hardly a bad striking formation, despite what you guys say. If we are having problems, Ibra can play, but if the must play one half, it should be the second, not the first. That way he faces a tired defense rather than a fresh one.
Dracoris
Ibra plays this game, has a week of rest, plays next Saturday and has another week of rest. He's a big boy, play him.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Nov 25 2010, 01:01 AM) *
Ibra plays this game, has a week of rest, plays next Saturday and has another week of rest. He's a big boy, play him.

+1

You people are just making a big fuss out of nothing. It's not like the rest of the squad isn't tired.
amancik
QUOTE (Linkman @ Nov 25 2010, 07:58 AM) *
Or one game and a 6-month injury. Your call.

I'd rather risk dropping points against Samp than losing Ibra. Of course, this entire situation could have been avoided if Allegri had subbed out Ibra towards the end of our easier games, but alas...

Ronnie-Robbie, with Zee behind them is hardly a bad striking formation, despite what you guys say. If we are having problems, Ibra can play, but if the must play one half, it should be the second, not the first. That way he faces a tired defense rather than a fresh one.

Agreed, I for one would like to see how Ronaldinho and Robinho play together. If it doesn't work, throw Ibra in, we all know he can create something out of nothing. The odds of Milan winning is better now since Cassano can no longer play for Sampdoria.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 25 2010, 01:53 AM) *
+1

You people are just making a big fuss out of nothing. It's not like the rest of the squad isn't tired.

Ibra has probably played the most minutes from all the outfield players. It might be a big fuss out of nothing since you can't predict these things, but it only takes one awkward stretch and Ibra could be out for a month, he's had a week to rest before during international break, and he's still saying that he's very tired. Maybe Samp is the wrong time to rest him. We'll see what happens

We have Samp, Brescia, Bologna and Roma coming up before the winter break plus a CL game, and 2 Coppa matches in between
Fillipo Simone
Well, I except Milan to field a B-side against Ajax. We secured second, can't top Real, so I hope we'll see the reserves. The Coppa games, at least one of them - should also be used to rest Ibra.

But I agree, he's been played over and over and I think Allegri should rest him a bit; if he gets injured, we'll be in a very bad situation.
CHU-LIP
The thing with Zlatan is: we cannot and should not want to play without him. Zlatan better not be included in the Ajax match squad. Not even on the bench. Against Sampdoria Zlatan needs to start. Hopefully we are leading in 2nd half so we can rest him by subbing in Ronaldinho. Starting this game without Zlatan is no option IMO.
X-Offender
What the hell??? We cannot rest Zlatan against Sampdoria! Guys, we're not playing Lecce, Brescia or Bologna, but S-A-M-P-D-O-R-I-A, one of the most difficult teams to face away. If Zlatan doesn't play, we can forget about the 3 points. Rest him next week against Brescia or Bologna, but definitely not this game.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 25 2010, 04:33 PM) *
What the hell??? We cannot rest Zlatan against Sampdoria! Guys, we're not playing Lecce, Brescia or Bologna, but S-A-M-P-D-O-R-I-A, one of the most difficult teams to face away. If Zlatan doesn't play, we can forget about the 3 points. Rest him next week against Brescia or Bologna, but definitely not this game.

Well none of us are saying start without him. I'm saying we hope like hell that we have a lead by the 2nd half so we can take him off.

Still I think he needs a full game's rest, we have Samp coming up this weekend so it's not really an option, but Allegri should really consider it against Brescia or Bologna. However if we play without him and a 3 DM midfield then we can really forget about the 3 points since when we play that system our only tactic is to launch balls to him hoping he does something with it, something that cannot be done with Dinho and Robinho up front
X-Offender
Without Ibra, I'd play us like this:

Boateng - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Seedorf - Ronaldinho
Robinho

Definitely an option to consider for next week's game.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 25 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Without Ibra, I'd play us like this:

Boateng - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Seedorf - Ronaldinho
Robinho

Definitely an option to consider for next week's game.

Robinho alone upfront?

And that midfield would be a necassity, everything would have to go through it, as opposed to it being bipassed like when Zlatan is playing
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 25 2010, 06:03 PM) *
Robinho alone upfront?

We have no one else. unsure.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 25 2010, 07:12 PM) *
We have no one else. unsure.gif

I would play 4-3-1-2 with both Ronaldinho and Robinho up front then. Ronaldinho's finishing might be better than Robinho's at the moment. Our last goal was Robinho to Ronaldinho, both were up front.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 25 2010, 06:17 PM) *
I would play 4-3-1-2 with both Ronaldinho and Robinho up front then. Ronaldinho's finishing might be better than Robinho's at the moment. Our last goal was Robinho to Ronaldinho, both were up front.

LOL, the fact I put Ronaldinho next to Seedorf doesn't change much. 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 doesn't change much with that set of players.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 25 2010, 06:33 PM) *
LOL, the fact I put Ronaldinho next to Seedorf doesn't change much. 4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1 doesn't change much with that set of players.

It depends... A 4-3-2-1 could either mean Ronaldinho playing that old Kaka role, where he played off Gila or Pippo, or Robinho could be played as a lone striker with Dinho and Seedorf both behind him acting as attacking mids, thus having Robinho more central, where he could have trouble.
Bluesummers
LOL ronaldinho as striker?

You can put him in any formation you like it will not change his play style. He'll still want to stay on the left and drift into the middle.

Jack Bauer
BTW Ibra, Pirlo and Ambro are one yellow card away from an automatic one game suspension. After Sampdoria, we are playing against Brescia at home so this is a good time to get suspended for, especially for Ibra innocent.gif
amancik
Will be Pirlo be back for this game?
han2503
QUOTE (amancik @ Nov 26 2010, 08:04 AM) *
Will be Pirlo be back for this game?

mediasetsport have him in the probable line-up while Gazzetta don't...
Boban10
Allegri On Pirlo

Unfortunately, Pirlo is not available for selection, even if I counted on him. I don’t believe that Antonini will be available, either, but we’ll see how he’s doing this afternoon

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/130950

sad.gif No Andrea, but as Allegri says in rest of press conference, we have "managed" without Andrea thanks to Ambro even tho he plays the position differently.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 26 2010, 04:45 PM) *
mediasetsport have him in the probable line-up while Gazzetta don't...

The Gazzetta one doesn't even have Pirlo on the bench. I won't expect Pirlo to start this match. I like the one Gazzetta had:

Robinho, Ibrahimovic
Seedorf
Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Zambrotta, T.Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

bench: Amelia, Bonera, Yepes, Jankulovski, Strasser, Boateng, Ronaldinho
Boban10
Feel this is going to be a really tough one.

I will take a boring, no flare, no shine performance and a hard fought 1-0 win thank you very much!!!

But....we will see smile.gif

Forza Milan!
Boban10
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 26 2010, 02:54 PM) *
The Gazzetta one doesn't even have Pirlo on the bench. I won't expect Pirlo to start this match. I like the one Gazzetta had:

Robinho, Ibrahimovic
Seedorf
Flamini, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Zambrotta, T.Silva, Nesta, Abate
Abbiati

bench: Amelia, Bonera, Yepes, Jankulovski, Strasser, Boateng, Ronaldinho

Are my posts invisible? blink.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Boban10 @ Nov 26 2010, 04:58 PM) *
Are my posts invisible? blink.gif

Yes

For Gott's sake my post came 1 minute after yours.
Boban10
Im just messing with ya CHU tongue.gif
samira
Allegri switching from 4-3-3 to a 4-3-1-2 is the foundation of our newfound success..
Ronaldinho should be out. It's hard to say this, but Milan has not missed a beat so far with Robinho taking Ronnies place..
what happened to Merkel? Why hasn't he been given a chance yet?
Boban10
20 Man Squad for Samp match.

Called up: Abbiati, Amelia, Roma; Bonera, Jankulovski, Nesta, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta, Yepes, Abate; Ambrosini, Boateng, Flamini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Strasser; Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ronaldinho.
Unavailable: Oddo, Inzaghi, Pato, Pirlo, Antonini.

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/130957

Fillipo Simone
Question: why is the matchday set a 17th?
Bluesummers
QUOTE (samira @ Nov 26 2010, 09:57 AM) *
Allegri switching from 4-3-3 to a 4-3-1-2 is the foundation of our newfound success..
Ronaldinho should be out. It's hard to say this, but Milan has not missed a beat so far with Robinho taking Ronnies place..
what happened to Merkel? Why hasn't he been given a chance yet?

Merkel is too young.

If strasser and Odu aren't given time; there is no way merkel will be.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 26 2010, 09:01 PM) *
Question: why is the matchday set a 17th?

Probably hit the 1 instead of 2. I'll change it wink.gif
drucurl
I'm glad Pirlo's not playing. A lot of fans tend to see certain players for who they were instead of who they are now (I fall into this category as I'd insert Ronaldo into ANY starting lineup dramaqueensmil.gif )

BUT the thing is Pirlo isn't THE Pirlo we once knew. His passing would be more fitting if our wingbacks and strikers made the type of runs that would have made his long passes relevant (See our first game this season). But as we are now iHomo likes to take the ball and work his way in, with a few short exchanges with Seedorf of Robinho.....and as much as I don't like Zlatan.....IT HAS WORKED! Zlatan struggled at Bartha mainly because he isn't the typical CF with the typical cf instincts and needs time with the ball at his feet.

The only player that's going to run into the spaces that would make Pirlo's passing useful is Robinho. Otherwise it's going to be a bunch of sideways and silly dangerous backpasses.

When Pato comes back, I'd have liked to see a 4-3-3 with Pato-iHomo-Robinho, supported by -Flams/Ambro-Pirlo-Boat-. I think that lineup could play some very exciting and beautiful football rather than grinding out the wins with blue collar performances as we've done. Pirlo will be able to use all of his skills and sexy passing galore.
arivanjj
QUOTE (drucurl @ Nov 27 2010, 09:09 PM) *
I'm glad Pirlo's not playing. A lot of fans tend to see certain players for who they were instead of who they are now (I fall into this category as I'd insert Ronaldo into ANY starting lineup dramaqueensmil.gif )

devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
acid911
QUOTE (drucurl @ Nov 27 2010, 05:09 PM) *
I'm glad Pirlo's not playing. A lot of fans tend to see certain players for who they were instead of who they are now (I fall into this category as I'd insert Ronaldo into ANY starting lineup)

I'm with ya, brother! king.gif Ronaldo for me starts into any eleven too! Timeless player, that!

QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 27 2010, 05:47 PM) *
devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

Oh yeah! devil.gif Oh hell yeah!
X-Offender
QUOTE (drucurl @ Nov 27 2010, 01:09 PM) *
When Pato comes back, I'd have liked to see a 4-3-3 with Pato-iHomo-Robinho, supported by -Flams/Ambro-Pirlo-Boat-. I think that lineup could play some very exciting and beautiful football rather than grinding out the wins with blue collar performances as we've done. Pirlo will be able to use all of his skills and sexy passing galore.

A big no! 4-3-1-2 is how we should always play.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.