Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 3 - Milan - Catania
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
han2503
Hopefully the Auxerre game is a start of a winning streak.

The team needs more time to improve but I saw a lot of positives in the last 30 minutes against Auxerre. A win against Catania when Inter face Palermo the following day is just what we need
acid911
mad.gif angry.gif realmad.gif Who told you to open threads for Serie A games???! sad.gif Last week should have been lesson enough.

Jokes aside, I agree with what you said about the team needing more time to improve. In some areas we are making progress, while in others we are as still as a dead pirate (no offense to our resident friendly buccaneer biggrin.gif). I thing this one is going to be another cagey affair with us scrapping in towards the end with a 2-1 win. At least word is that Silva will be back, and that's good news. Yay!
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:28 PM) *
mad.gif angry.gif realmad.gif Who told you to open threads for Serie A games???! sad.gif Last week should have been lesson enough.

[Jokes aside, I agree with what you said about the team needing more time to improve. In some areas we are making progress, while in others we are as still as a dead pirate (no offense to our resident friendly buccaneer biggrin.gif). I thing this one is going to be another cagey affair with us scrapping in towards the end with a 2-1 win. At least word is that Silva will be back, and that's good news. Yay!

Go f@ck yourself. dry.gif tongue.gif

Damn it han!!! You're gonna make us lose everything this season.
han2503
biggrin.gif

I believe Cesena was a one off for me. innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hmm.... fortunately my immediate second post rescued the Auxerre game. I'm not sure if I can keep doing this all season.
amancik
Man, it has only been 3 games and Pato is injured again. Glad we bought Robinho. But I do hope Pato could recover in time for Catania but I doubt it.

http://www.football-italia.net/sep16f.html

Yep, he's doubtful for many games. The guy gets injured too many times, it's not a good sign. He runs too much and too quick only to stretch himself in the process.
Zed.D
Good thing we don't have to rush him back and therefore aggravate his injury. better one month than 3 months...

But yeah, it's really annoying he gets injured so much sleep.gif
Jack Sparrow
Adductor muscle again isn't it?? dry.gif Well that explains the point behind why we bought Robinho! Imagine where we'd be otherwise.
Zed.D
I fully agree. we can't let Pato's injuries screw us anymore. and this way there is less pressure on the boy to recover asap, too.
d'Arc.LP
I remember me saying something about this in one post ... tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 16 2010, 12:23 PM) *
I fully agree. we can't let Pato's injuries screw us anymore. and this way there is less pressure on the boy to recover asap, too.

Yep, last season he was rushed back and they made the injury 10 times worse, now he has time to recover without any pressure, plus Robinho can get fully fit by playing more.

Gazzetta have this line-up

Bonera--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Boateng--Pirlo--Seadorf
Robinho--Ibra--Dinho

I seriously doubt Bonera is going to be starting over Zambro, who was simply one of our best players yesterday.

The midfield is worrying, no defensive mid in Serie A? Can't be too smart a move. Then again both Ambro and Flamini are injured, that leaves Rino and Strasser...
X-Offender
So Pato is injured again, for about 3 weeks, along with Ambro. Am I the only one who's seriously starting to get pissed off of his injuries? Thank f@ck we have Robinho!

As for the line-up, Sportmediaset suggests Gattuso instead of Seedorf. I really hope Flamini recovers in time!
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2010, 01:13 PM) *
So Pato is injured again, for about 3 weeks, along with Ambro. Am I the only one who's seriously starting to get pissed off of his injuries? Thank f@ck we have Robinho!

As for the line-up, Sportmediaset suggests Gattuso instead of Seedorf. I really hope Flamini recovers in time!

No this makes us 2.

I said that long time ago.
William405
Is their any report about Flamini's injury,he's been injured for some time.I think if he recovers,our midfeild should be like this Flamini:Dm,Boatang Box to Box midfeilder, Seedorf:Playmaker. I think we should seriously give Pirlo a break,then entering him in the last 20mins or so.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 16 2010, 01:13 PM) *

Hopefully not, it hurts me more then most to say this, but Rino is finished. He just cannot play at this level any more. And it would be a mistake to play him against Catania, who have some quick players. Boateng--Pirlo--Seedof will have to do as long as we play it smrt we should be ok

QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:35 PM) *
Is their any report about Flamini's injury,he's been injured for some time.I think if he recovers,our midfeild should be like this Flamini:Dm,Boatang Box to Box midfeilder, Seedorf:Playmaker. I think we should seriously give Pirlo a break,then entering him in the last 20mins or so.

Yes he needs a rest, but atm I don't think that's do-able. We really cannot play without him, maybe we can play a Seedorf--Boateng--Flamini midfield when all are fit and it's a game that allows it, but until then resting Pirlo is out of the question.
d'Arc.LP
Let's hope Flamini recovers for Catania.

If not I'd like to see Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso or Boateng-Pirlo-Gattuso I had to pick Gattuso since we don't have another DM available.
Suhail 3
Im still abit annoyed at losing last week but i hope we win this weve had an easier start to the season than inter

they ve had bologna udinese palermo

we ve had lecce cesena catania

William405
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 16 2010, 05:01 PM) *
Let's hope Flamini recovers for Catania.

If not I'd like to see Seedorf-Pirlo-Gattuso or Boateng-Pirlo-Gattuso I had to pick Gattuso since we don't have another DM available.

I prefer Strasser over Gattuso.I don't want to see gattuso starting another game again,he has lost it.Against cesna,he wasn't really playing with discipline and doing what Dms are supposed to do.We already saw in pre season that currently Strasser is better than Gattuso.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2010, 12:41 PM) *
Yep, last season he was rushed back and they made the injury 10 times worse, now he has time to recover without any pressure, plus Robinho can get fully fit by playing more.

Gazzetta have this line-up

Bonera--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini
Boateng--Pirlo--Seadorf
Robinho--Ibra--Dinho

I seriously doubt Bonera is going to be starting over Zambro, who was simply one of our best players yesterday.

The midfield is worrying, no defensive mid in Serie A? Can't be too smart a move. Then again both Ambro and Flamini are injured, that leaves Rino and Strasser...

Against Catania that midfield should be okay. Resting Pato is a great idea, and Zambrotta should play RB, true. For a second I thought Zambrotta gets a rest, but it's too soon for a rest, right? He barely played.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 16 2010, 03:56 PM) *
Against Catania that midfield should be okay. Resting Pato is a great idea, and Zambrotta should play RB, true. For a second I thought Zambrotta gets a rest, but it's too soon for a rest, right? He barely played.

Don't know why Gazzetta have Bonera starting over him...

Also Pato is not resting he's at least out for 3 weeks. Another muscle problem.

I think if the midfield is disciplined, it should be ok for Catania, but Boateng needs to be more focused rather then erratic. As he was against Auxerre. And Seedorf needs to pull his weight as well
Ry4n
This should be a good match i hope Nesta plays , i'm a big fan of Morimoto hes a great Talent
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2010, 03:08 PM) *
Also Pato is not resting he's at least out for 3 weeks. Another muscle problem.

That's why it's a great idea. biggrin.gif

(Someone on here said he hopes Pato can play this match, so he kinda confused me. I know he's injured, I just didn't know for how long. 3 weeks? sad.gif Well, we still got Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovic and Robinho, but still... no fun... unlucky Pato, first his goals get cancelled against Cesena and now injured.)

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Sep 16 2010, 04:26 PM) *
This should be a good match i hope Nesta plays , i'm a big fan of Marimoto hes a great Talent

Such a big fan you gave him a new name! 96.gif
X-Offender
I thought this was gonna be the break season for Pato, after his splendid performance against Lecce and his good appearances in the Brazilian NT. But it looks like he's going back to his former "oh-my-god-my-thumb-hurts-I'm-gonna-die" self. dry.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 16 2010, 03:06 PM) *
Hmm.... fortunately my immediate second post rescued the Auxerre game. I'm not sure if I can keep doing this all season.

Oh it was you all along, then! ohmy.gif innocent.gif And here I thought it was the CL theme song music that changed our fortunes:

La la la la la! La la la la! La lalalaaa la!

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 16 2010, 04:12 PM) *
Adductor muscle again isn't it?? Well that explains the point behind why we bought Robinho! Imagine where we'd be otherwise.

I'd rather imagine where we'd be if Robinho too gets injured. I mean few here have thought about this. unsure.gif Our options when two of the fantastic four go down are severely limited. Let's just hope it never comes to this.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 16 2010, 06:19 PM) *
Oh it was you all along, then! ohmy.gif innocent.gif And here I thought it was the CL theme song music that changed our fortunes:

La la la la la! La la la la! La lalalaaa la!

I'd rather imagine where we'd be if Robinho too gets injured. I mean few here have thought about this. unsure.gif Our options when two of the fantastic four go down are severely limited. Let's just hope it never comes to this.

Well it would have to be, Pippo and another 2. All of the fab 4 are flexible enough to play anywhere on the trident imo, so it's not that big of a deal
Ry4n
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 16 2010, 08:54 PM) *
Such a big fan you gave him a new name! 96.gif

thanks for pointing that out loool edited laugh.gif
Bluesummers
hmmm interesting:

---------St.Abby-----

Zambony-nester-boneking-anthropolgini

-Snoopdoggydog-Unicorn on ice- Prince william

*man-who-sucks-on-thumb-----Dahli Lama-----The Magician™

Prediction:

due - uno per Milano
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 16 2010, 07:37 PM) *
hmmm interesting:

---------St.Abby-----

Please don't call him that blue :headbang:

His run around vs Auxerre was emberassing on so many levels. I am of the oppinion that Amelia gets a chance next game
amancik
Don't forget we have Odu!
Linkman
Hopefully we'll see Robo's scoring debut smile.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Linkman @ Sep 17 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Hopefully we'll see Robo's scoring debut smile.gif

If you're talking about Robinho, +1 biggrin.gif
agenth
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2010, 09:39 PM) *
Please don't call him that blue :headbang:

His run around vs Auxerre was emberassing on so many levels. I am of the oppinion that Amelia gets a chance next game

I'm on this train...
but I guess Abbiatti is the senior, and thus more preferred.

I bet Allegri will still play Abbiatti... :S
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 16 2010, 10:24 PM) *
Well it would have to be, Pippo and another 2. All of the fab 4 are flexible enough to play anywhere on the trident imo, so it's not that big of a deal

I know, it'll have to be Inzaghi and maybe even one of the kids if needed. smile.gif But still there will be a drop in quality and a change in tactics, so let's just hope it never comes to that. If we want to win something (hopefully the Scudetto) this season it will help a lot if at least the 3 of the bunch are available at all times. A couple of matches we can manage, but a long stretch could see us drop unnecessary points.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2010, 12:39 AM) *

True that. biggrin.gif I was watching it live with my brother and saying: "Brace yourself! Here comes a goal!" Any other big team could have punished us much harder for that stupid lapse in concentration. Having said that, I still don't think Amelia is firmly in the frame as of this writing. But I am sure the coach is observing things. Very closely.

QUOTE (agenth @ Sep 17 2010, 04:36 AM) *
but I guess Abbiatti is the senior, and thus more preferred.

It shouldn't be that case though. unsure.gif The last few matches that Abbiati played last season were disastrous, and the Amelia I saw in preseason made me sure that he will get the nod to start. I'm fine with either keepers as long as they are performing, but I can only hope that it Abbiati will be between the posts, he gets his form back and don't cost us a stupid point or three.
Linkman
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Sep 16 2010, 07:31 PM) *
If you're talking about Robinho, +1 biggrin.gif

Yeah I figured if I kept calling him Robbers someone would get scared about actual robbers tongue.gif. So Robo it is!

But don't call him Binho, that sounds awful.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 16 2010, 12:37 PM) *
---------St.Abby-----

WTF?
Jack Sparrow
^^

I find it pretty funny actually.

Man who sucks on thumb. Lol!!! Reminds me of the Man with no Name. laugh.gif

But I think we agreed on Zambrotta being Zamborghini. I think it was acid's idea.

Dali Llama is cool too. Dali coz he's an artist. And Llama coz he looks like one.

I prfer to call R80 the Maestro.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 17 2010, 10:42 AM) *
But I think we agreed on Zambrotta being Zamborghini. I think it was acid's idea.

Yup, your memory serves you right, matey! 96.gif It was yours truly who thought of this nick.

But for better or for worse, I only have two memories of Zamborghini up till now. Not much, I know. sad.gif One is his scorching goal a couple of months after his debut in Serie A, and another in the inter match when he lay down full own while defending and blocked a certain goal. Other than that, he has been generally good, and surely not spectacular. Pretty sad if you ask me. I know age has caught up with him, but still. If only he had signed for us in his prime. All things considered I'd rather have him in the team than not.
Jack Sparrow
+1. I wanted to be just like him when I was playing. Didn't help that none of my 'then' teammates couldn't understand what a RB was doing running into the box. When I said 'overlap' they looked at me like I was mentally challenged.
acid911
Agreed. king.gif And well the sorry state of our flanks (for a high profile club like Milan) means we can't complain too much for the time being. We should have at least one quality LB/RB (like Maicon and few other top class ones), but since we don't just let Zambro play a game a week and hope for the best.

Antonini, Abate, and either learning the trade, or at most would be 2nd choice at other big clubs.
MizNelson
I'm only posting this because I think acid will get a kick out of it.

Abbiati did not have much trouble in the opening match against Lecce. He should not worry about his place as keeper. He has certainly earned the spot that he lost to Dida all those years ago and reestablished himself as the Rossoneri No. 1.

(Bleacher Report)
acid911
Oh, I did get a kick out of it. biggrin.gif Certainly ranks right up there with that infamous Milan Team of The Decade article that had Abbiati as the goalie, LOL. Earned the spot, they say!

PS. Love the new signature!
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 17 2010, 06:42 AM) *
^^

I find it pretty funny actually.

Man who sucks on thumb. Lol!!! Reminds me of the Man with no Name. laugh.gif

Dali Llama is cool too. Dali coz he's an artist. And Llama coz he looks like one.

I prfer to call R80 the Maestro.

Thet's reserved for Andrea.
Jack Sparrow
But Andrea should be called unicorn on ice. He's not from this earth, he's mythical. wub.gif
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 17 2010, 08:46 AM) *
But Andrea should be called unicorn on ice. He's not from this earth, he's mythical. wub.gif

I agree but still he is the maestro of the team...
Jack Sparrow
No. He's Il Metronome, Tinkerbell...he's our resident magic elf/leprachaun. Have you seen his ears. Definitely Elfish. Maestros like R80 have skill. Pirlo has magic.
X-Offender
QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 16 2010, 09:39 PM) *
Don't forget we have Odu!

Ooh, how could we forget about the astounding Odu, the man of the destiny!!
agenth
QUOTE (acid911 @ Sep 17 2010, 03:41 AM) *
It shouldn't be that case though. unsure.gif The last few matches that Abbiati played last season were disastrous, and the Amelia I saw in preseason made me sure that he will get the nod to start. I'm fine with either keepers as long as they are performing, but I can only hope that it Abbiati will be between the posts, he gets his form back and don't cost us a stupid point or three.

that's so true. that run vs auxerre... it was crazy. I hope something like this won't happen anymore.
Abbiatti has been okay, I guess, but sometimes it looks like he lost his mind.
I'd like to try Amelia again and try to integrate him into the team...

Pirlo is a fairy with magic biggrin.gif
He has awesome hair tongue.gif
Ry4n
Heya , what formation is Allegri playing at the moment ?
d'Arc.LP
Allegri’s press conference – all the quotes!

HERE are all the quotes from Massimiliano Allegri’s press conference.

AC Milan are set to host Calcio Catania on Saturday night, and coach Allegri held a press conference earlier today.

Here are all the quotes from the press conference:

Milan-Catania: Probable formations
Maldini: ‘Milan can win this year’

14:41 The press conference has been closed.

14:40: On the situation of Zlatan Ibrahimovic: “Ibrahimovic has done better in the second half with Auxerre, was involved in the game and served quickly. We must all work according to our game system, which allows us to do well and to exploit the qualities of our players. We must play with Ibra, but without changing anything.”

14:38: Allegri on Ronaldinho’s position on the pitch: “We will never see Ronaldinho playing as a pure playmaker, thus confirming the role of the Brazilian, as it is well known, prefers to play on the left wing.

14:37: On the condition of Thiago Silva: “We will see today, it is reasonably that after the training I will confirm the possibility of placing him on the pitch.”

14:36: On the approach to the game, especially the game of tomorrow, Allegri said: “The approach to each match is important, I think it is also crucial to have patience with which the team must try to unlock the tough matches. Catania is well organized defensively, has technical and quality players up front, we need attention. “

14:34: The midfield started looking better when Kevin-Prince Boateng replaces Ambro against Auxerre: “I’m sorry for the injury of Ambro, but we have four midfielders who are in a good condition that they give us guarantees.”

14:30: Errors of the defense: “We have to avoid certain errors that usually arise from game situations in our favor, such as corners, we must not expose ourselves too much when we lose some balls, we will find solutions.”

14:24: Asked whether the injuries of Massimo Ambrosini and Alexandre Pato will change the gameplay, Allegri said: “I think it is wrong to change the gameplay too, there may be changes, but we continue on the path taken in July.”

14:22: On Robinho as Alexandre Pato’s replacement: “I must evaluate this today as if it will be Binho, we also have Pippo who is doing well and can play with Ibra.

14:18: Milan look different away from the San Siro, on this, Allegri said: “It’s hard to judge now after a short time, Cesena was a strange match, as we did not play badly in my opinion. We made two errors behind, and it’s too little to assess that.”

14:15: Allegri started with an analyze of the match against Auxerre on Wednesday: “We hope to restart with a victory tomorrow. On Wednesday, we spent a nervous and physical energy, which was expected by all, but the team found the victory. Catania is organized, has good quality players, we should have the right mentality against them.”

14:05: Soon, broadcasted live on Milan Channel, the press conference of Coach Massimiliano Allegri will start

source rossoneriblog

Milan-Catania: The Rossazzurri squad

Calcio Catania will be playing AC Milan on Saturday night (20:45) at Stadio San Siro, and they have announced on their squad for this Serie A match.

Cristian Llama, Fabio Sciacca and Blazej Augustin are all unavailable for the Rossazzurri.

Allegri’s press conference – all the quotes!
Milan-Catania: Probable formations
Catania Squad List

Goalkeepers: Mariano Andujar, Andrea Campagnolo;

Defenders: Pablo Sebastián Álvarez, Ciro Capuano, Giovanni Marchese, Alessandro Potenza, Matías Silvestre, Nicolás Spolli, Christian Terlizzi;

Midfielders: Marco Biagianti, Ezequiel Carboni, Gennaro Delvecchio, Alejandro Darío Gómez, Mariano Julio Izco, Pablo Ledesma, Simone Pesce, Adrián Ricchiuti;

Forwards: Mirco Antenucci, Giuseppe Mascara, Maxi Lopez, Takayuki Morimoto.

source: rossoneriblog
Bluesummers
myp2p.eu for streams
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.