Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 2 - Cesena - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 14 2010, 02:46 PM) *
The same Robinho that seems to have tracked back a lot last match?

He tracked back twice, it's not like he spent 90 full minutes running back and forth. Robhino never tracks back, I've been watching him since his first season at Real, he's always been that way. Ronaldinho is the same thing. So I don't really understand slating one while being ok with the other doing it.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2010, 01:58 PM) *
He tracked back twice, it's not like he spent 90 full minutes running back and forth. Robhino never tracks back, I've been watching him since his first season at Real, he's always been that way. Ronaldinho is the same thing. So I don't really understand slating one while being ok with the other doing it.

That's kinda hard to do as a sub. wink.gif

Who cares how he has been at Real, if he tracks back at Milan, that's what matter. But apparently he did track back last match so it's unfair to call him lazy in that. Do that after a match he actually is lazy. Now it's badly timed to call him that way.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 14 2010, 03:17 PM) *
That's kinda hard to do as a sub. wink.gif

Who cares how he has been at Real, if he tracks back at Milan, that's what matter. But apparently he did track back last match so it's unfair to call him lazy in that. Do that after a match he actually is lazy. Now it's badly timed to call him that way.

It's something you say tongue.gif . Still, he spent nearly 40 minutes on the pitch, I saw him tracking back twice. A true example of someone tracking back was Pato, imo, not just because he had longer on the pitch, but he was doing it on a consistant basis.

Players rarely change the way they play. Robinho is a wonderful player, same goes for Dinho. Both aren't known for their hard work when the team isn't in possession. Dinho tracked back constantly against Lecce. But against Cesena he was completely out of it. Robinho did it a couple of times as well against Cesena, but I seriously doubt they'll incorporate this into their normal game.

I think both can be used differently. And to our advantage if used right. Both offer different things, tracking back is not something I look to when I view either player
CHU-LIP
I actually want Ronaldinho and Robinho to track back, it should be a part of their roles. We play 4-3-3 and as wide forward it's a bad thing to rarely track back. i believe it's up to the coach, Allegri, to make clear to such player to track back or go to the bench. Nice we got only 3 spots for 4 players that want to be a starter so bad.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 14 2010, 03:36 PM) *
I actually want Ronaldinho and Robinho to track back, it should be a part of their roles. We play 4-3-3 and as wide forward it's a bad thing to rarely track back. i believe it's up to the coach, Allegri, to make clear to such player to track back or go to the bench. Nice we got only 3 spots for 4 players that want to be a starter so bad.

Obviously I want that too, but I accept both players for what they are, yes it is up to Allegri.

And yes it is nice to have 4 WC players for 3 positions. We'll see how that works out. I can see Dinho leaving by the end of the year though, and that will cause us problems as we don't really have a creative mind in that forward line, aside from maybe Ibra, but that is not his job as the CF
CHU-LIP
Pato's best position is CF as well, so it's far from awful if Zlatan leaves CF spot often during a game. I won't accept them not tracking back, it probably means if you do accept, you accept the 4-3-3 will not work (against strong sides) being too unbalanced. It's not impossible for them to track back. It's not their nature, but football is working and better yourself also. Allegri, do your job!
Dracoris
Robinho was tracking back because he was playing left mid once Inzaghi came on. Did no one else notice that?

@alskor

Dude, I don't know what Ronaldinho has done to you, but I believe your position on him is quite unfair. When he's on his game he brings so much to this team its unreal. Example: Ronnie on fire: Milan 4 Lecce 0 Ronnie off: Cesena 2 Milan 0.

He's pivotal to our success.
Linkman
Pretty much. Ronaldinho can make the difference from us being mid-table side or serious title challengers.

That responsibility was lifted somewhat with the arrival of Ibra and Robinho, but still, to say he's useless is quite a bit of a stretch alskor.
elcordobez
Edit:nvm
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Sep 14 2010, 10:30 PM) *
Robinho was tracking back because he was playing left mid once Inzaghi came on. Did no one else notice that?

@alskor

Dude, I don't know what Ronaldinho has done to you, but I believe your position on him is quite unfair. When he's on his game he brings so much to this team its unreal. Example: Ronnie on fire: Milan 4 Lecce 0 Ronnie off: Cesena 2 Milan 0.

He's pivotal to our success.

Yup pretty much. I was meaning to add that. We were playing 4-2-4 towards the end.

I still don't get this huge fuss we're making about 'tracking back'. Track back WHO???

It's really a simple gameplan if you watched our lineup. One DM and One FB for each flank. Pirlo to get the ball to our 3 geniuses playing upfront.

Look at those goals again. It wasn't Ronnie's job to track down the RB....ideally Ronnie should stay up in case we win the ball and Pirlo can release it into space. You can see it's the whole confusion between the LB and the CB.

Antonini seems to me to be rightly marking the outside forward. So why is Silva converging on the same player. And what the hell is Sok doing trying to clear that ball with his foot??

It wasn't this huge tactical masterpiece by Cesena that the press reports are claiming. Cesena's plan was textbook too: 4-3-3 when attacking, 4-5-1 when defending. Milan's gameplan we already know. The difference is one team implemented their plan, the other team treated it like a Sunday kickabout.

And you can see Allegri's instructions from the backline are obvious. We could argue if it was to the forwards, I believe it was to the mids to get back and cut space.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2010, 03:16 PM) *
That side had Ambro and Antonini on it. They should have been able to keep that left side under wraps, it's not Dinho's job to mark players. And Antonini was the one who should have stopped the cross and Sokratis lost his man. That's how the goal came about.

That's true. When we ask Ronaldinho to track back, we don't ask him to mark the guy who sends in a cross out wide. That's Antonini's and Ambro's job. We just ask him to cover spaces in the back when the other team is in possession.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 14 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Also you say you want to play Robinho over Dinho, the man is just as lazy when it comes to tracking back. rolleyes.gif

Now that I don't agree with. Robinho is far from lazy. The last WC should have showed you the guy runs a lot back and forth.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 15 2010, 06:15 PM) *
That's true. When we ask Ronaldinho to track back, we don't ask him to mark the guy who sends in a cross out wide. That's Antonini's and Ambro's job. We just ask him to cover spaces in the back when the other team is in possession.

Now that I don't agree with. Robinho is far from lazy. The last WC should have showed you the guy runs a lot back and forth.

Playing for Brazil in the WC is different then playing club football. For his clubs I've never really seen Robinho working for the team the way he does for his country
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.