Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ideal Milan for 2010/2011
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2
ForzaMaldini
Didn't find a topic about this, so i decided i'd start one.

In this topic you can describe how you would like the new and improved Milan to be. Name the buyings and sells and motivate them! Make a formation what should be the formation that's going to win us the CL trophy!

Since Berlusconi doesn't give a **** about Milan, we will not be spending money to buy players like Messi, so people: be realistic!
I think we should all hold on to a transfer budget of 20-30 miljoen euro's excluding sells. And please dont sell 20 players and buy 20 players. As i said: be realistic.

I'll start:

Out:
Dida - Contract expired
Favalli - Contract expired
Kaladze - Costs us 4.5 milion on salary plus has nothing to search for in Milan.
Oddo - A disaster this season - is linked with Lazio, his former employer
Jankulovski - Never played a good match in the last two seasons in my opinion - Is linked with a move to his homeland
Beckham - Returns to LA Gallaxy
Mancini - Horrible
Huntelaar - didn't fill in my expectations. Plus we need the money biggrin.gif Better him than Pato.

income out of sells:
Kaladze - 3 million
Oddo - 4 million
Jankulovski - 4 million
Huntelaar - 15 million

Total: 26 million + our budget: 50 million

In:
Diego Alves - better than the four we had this season and is still young
Albertazzi - 90% sure of arrival - has his talents
Mexes - Landed on the bench in Rome so I think we can buy him with a good offer, perfect stand-in for Nesta or Silva
Aogo - transfer is close
Yepes - 99% sure of arrival
Strasser - 90% sure of arrival - our new gattuso
Verdi - 90% sure of arrival - Great talent! Played some good matches in the primavera and in the cup last season.
Krasic - Probebly one of the best options we have on buying a winger. Superfast, good dribbels, good shots, defends when necessery and can also play as a CAM.
Oduamadi - 90% sure of arrival - Also played great matches for our primavera

Expenses on buyings:
Diego Alves - 15 million
Mexes - 10 million
Aogo - 8 million
Krasic - 10-15 million

Formation
If we keep playing 4-3-3 (wich was going great last season), I think we should move Pato to the Strikersposition where he proved to be at his best. Krasic and Dinho will be on the wings and with three technical attackers and also good finishers I think it will be raining goals. If Krasic or Dinho are injured or can't play we can move Pato back as a winger and Borriello as a striker. Like this we have enough options in front, while we had enough problems on the wings this season.
In midfield the same as this season: Ambrosini (if not, Flamini), Pirlo and Seedorf as a CAM.
In defence Antonini proved his capability. Same goes for Thiago Silva who forms a brick wall with Nesta. Aogo will support them instead of Abate.
Goal: Diego Alves

.....................Diego Alves.......................
Aogo........Nesta........T. Silva.........Antonini
...........Pirlo........................Ambrosini........
..........................Seedorf...........................
..Krasic..............Pato..................Ronaldinho

Bench:
Abbiati
Mexes
Bonera
Flamini
Gattuso
Borriello
Inzaghi

Coach:
Allegri
X-Offender
Ooh, I do this all the time. biggrin.gif

OUT

Dida - contract expired.
Favalli - contract expired.
Kaladze - sell for about 4-5m.
Onyewu - give him on loan.
Oddo - give for free to Lazio.
Jankulovski - sell for about 4-5m.
Beckham - back to LA Galaxy.
Mancini - back to Inter.
Ronaldinho - sell for 25m.
Huntelaar - sell for 15m.

That should earn us about 50m, and adding an amount of 20m from the club's budget, we'd have around 70m to spend.

IN

Storari - back from loan.
Yepes - for free.
Otamendi - around 8-10m.
Aogo - around 5-6m.
Goulon - for free.
Krasic - for 15.
Dzeko - for 30-35m.
G. Rossi - for about 12m.

That should cost us about 75m, so we'd have a deficit of only 5m.

FIRST LINE-UP

Abbiati
Antonini - Nesta - T. Silva - Aogo
Flamini - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Krasic - Dzeko - Pato

SECOND LINE-UP

Storari
Bonera - Otamendi - Yepes - Zambrotta
Gattuso - Seedorf - Goulon
Abate - Borriello - Rossi

Coach: Allegri
Fishdoll
I may have to give you a cookie for including Giuseppe Rossi on that list, X-Off. smile.gif
X-Offender
I have a confession to make Fishdoll, which you might not appreciate. I... well, I don't like cookies. biggrin.gif
d'Arc.LP
I'm corious to know , we dont really need anyone in midfield ?
Pirlo,Ambrosini,Seedorf and Gattuso are not going to get better and younger.
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 22 2010, 02:05 PM) *
I'm corious to know , we dont really need anyone in midfield ?
Pirlo,Ambrosini,Seedorf and Gattuso are not going to get better and younger.

That's why I included Goulon. He's young, he's promising (been named the new Vieira) and most of all, he's free.
Fishdoll
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2010, 08:04 AM) *
I have a confession to make Fishdoll, which you might not appreciate. I... well, I don't like cookies. biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

How can someone not like cookies?!!?!?!!?!

Um. In lieu of cookies, how about a panzerotto from Luini?
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2010, 12:06 PM) *
That's why I included Goulon. He's young, he's promising (been named the new Vieira) and most of all, he's free.

Well I was thinking for someone who can play in first XI , like Hernanes or Essien ....
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ May 22 2010, 02:12 PM) *
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

How can someone not like cookies?!!?!?!!?!

Um. In lieu of cookies, how about a panzerotto from Luini?

Sure, I love panzerotti. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ May 22 2010, 02:20 PM) *
Well I was thinking for someone who can play in first XI , like Hernanes or Essien ....

Well, that would require an additional monetary sacrifice. I think Ambro and Flamini (if he settles down) are good enough for the first team.
ForzaMaldini
The midfield is fully functional with Ambro as a DM, Pirlo as a playmaker and Seedorf as a CAM. Seedorf is still a genius. He got slow and he doesn't have the fire power in the legs anymore, but when he plays he's very often crucial.
Same goes for Pirlo. Doesn't score anymore but is still very important.

About Ambro i'm doubting, because Flamini is also great but Ambro, as a capitano, is hard to keep on the bench
CHU-LIP
Ambrosini is a better DM than Flamini. But with a midfield of Ambrosini, Pirlo, and Seedorf we are missing pace in midfield. No one is a box to box midfielder from these three (even Flamini is not that really). Ideal would be to sign a new midfielder who adds what we are missing.
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ May 22 2010, 12:39 PM) *
As i said: be realistic.
Oddo - 4 million

unsure.gif wink.gif
(and switch Aogo with Antonini, like X-Offender did)
ForzaMaldini
I would perfer keeping Antonini on the left because he and Dinho is a good combination.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ May 22 2010, 03:17 PM) *
I would perfer keeping Antonini on the left because he and Dinho is a good combination.

That is true, but that doesn't mean no one else does also. Antonini's right foot is better than his left, sure he does well with/on left, but I think he is better on the right, he will cross better there I expect. Aogo, I see him play on the left, I am going to assume he is better on the left than right.
d'Arc.LP
Ok , this is my transfer market (if Allegri comes, cos I'm adapting team to his 4-3-1-2 formation ) :

OUT

Dida - contract expired.
Favalli - contract expired.
Kaladze - sell for about 4-5m.
Oddo - give for free to Lazio.
Jankulovski - sell for about 4-5m.
Beckham - back to LA Galaxy.
Mancini - back to Inter.
Ronaldinho - sell for 25m.
Borriello - sell for 20m.
Gattuso - to everyone who pays +15 mil for him.
Onyewu - sell him for 5 mil

We've got 75 mil from outgoing transfers + 25 mil from our budget:

IN

Dzeko - for 35 mil from Wolfsburg
Mexes - 10 mil for him and Roma will sell him
Gergory van derWiel - for 10 mil as RB
Storari - back from loan
Albertazzi - promote
Strasser - promote
Zigoni - promote
Verdi - promote
Hernanes - 15 mil
Handanovic - for 10 mil from Udinese
Allegri - his contrat is still not finished with Cagliari and if we want him we have to buy his contrat that costs 5 mil

First Lineup

Handanovic
van derWiel - Nesta - Silva - Antonini
Flamini - Hernanes - Ambrosini
Pirlo
Pato - Dzeko

Second Lineup

Abbiati
Bonera - Mexes - Albertazzi - Zambortta
Abate - Strasser - Seedorf
Adyiah
Huntelaar - Inzaghi

And we have :
Storari
Yepes
Verdi
Zigoni

The 10 mil not used are for players wages.

I know it's impossible but it's ideal. We would have a very good team with all components needed like strength, technique, experience ...
Danny
The fantasy of these threads is always fun, but rarely do teams ever get this kind of surgery overhaul.

Indeed, the only time I can think of that something like this happened was with Rangers in 1998 when we basically spend £72M on an entire new team.

It ended up being a fantastic team but naturally was money we didn't really have - you rarely ever sell your unwanteds for enough money to subsidise your ideal transfer targets.

And it's one of the reasons we're so badly in debt now. One thing I don't want to see is Milan get into the same financial pickle Rangers are in.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 22 2010, 04:05 PM) *
Ambrosini is a better DM than Flamini. But with a midfield of Ambrosini, Pirlo, and Seedorf we are missing pace in midfield. No one is a box to box midfielder from these three (even Flamini is not that really). Ideal would be to sign a new midfielder who adds what we are missing.

Aye, that'd be ideal. Isn't Hernanes that type of player?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Aye, that'd be ideal. Isn't Hernanes that type of player?

I'm not sure. Hernanes is a Pirlo type of player, a CM who set up attacks (and controls the midfield of course) and is also strong defensively (which Pirlo isn't anymore).
X-Offender
Considering the latest developments, here's my new ideal team for the next season:

OUT: Dida (0m) + Onyewu (2m) + Kaladze (6m) + Favalli (0m) + Oddo (2m) + Jankulovski (5m) + Beckham (0m) + Mancini (0m) + Ronaldinho (20m) = 35m

IN: Storari (0m) + Otamendi (10m) + Yepes (0m)+ Taiwo (12m) + Moussa Sissoko (13m) + Pastore (30m) = 65m

STARTING LINE-UP (4-3-1-2)

Abbiati
Antonini
Nesta
T. Silva
Taiwo
Pirlo
Sissoko
Ambrosini
Pastore
Pato
Borriello

BENCH

Storari
Otamendi
Zambrotta
Gattuso
Flamini
Seedorf
Huntelaar

OTHER

Roma
Bonera
Yepes
Abate
Inzaghi

Fishdoll
Pastore? Interesting pic, X-Off. Think someone can drug Zamparini long enough to convince him to sell? I like the player, it's just that his club president is...crazy.
X-Offender
I love Pastore, he's my dream transfer after Dzeko.

Zamparini is someone who would let his players go instantly were someone to offer him a decent amount of money. I remember an interview some months ago where he said he would keep Pastore for another couple of years and then sell him for 40-50m. However, were we to offer him 30m right now (and maybe also insert some counterparty in the deal), I don't think he would pose resistance. He's greedy for money like that.
Fishdoll
Hrm. Perhaps he'd take Janku or Kaladze? Oddo I bet will go back to Lazio.
X-Offender
Nah, we have to sell Janku and Kaladze to make money. I was thinking maybe some youngster from the primavera.
MizNelson
Why anyone thinks Mr. Cripple should automatically get the starting nod over Storari (if he's indeed coming back) stifles the imagination.

Abi was basically hailed by Milan fans as the goalkeeping Jesus after a great start. Then he finished by collecting butt splinters after (again) being benched by Dida for the last time.
X-Offender
Abbiati was infortunate after his injury against Siena at the end of last season (08/09). Until then, he had been great. And he was also great in the few games he played this season. To me, he's better than both Dida and Storari.
CHU-LIP
I also don't see why Abbiati gets the nod over Storari by many people. Storari had a far better season than Abbiati, Storari maybe even the best Serie A goalkeeper of the season. Sure it is whoever deserves the most should start, but at this moment it's Storari, and Abbiati the one who needs to fight for it, not vice versa.
MizNelson
Abs has never been better than Dida, then and now. He'll never get a chance to finally prove otherwise now that their ten-year tete-a-tete has ended.
Fishdoll
Um. This fish would actually prefer Marchetti to either of 'em.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jun 6 2010, 11:15 AM) *
Um. This fish would actually prefer Marchetti to either of 'em.

Same here. Is the fish sick of hearing Alves' name as well?
Fishdoll
This fish is rather 'meh' about Alves. Marchetti gets points for being good, on the NT, and having a funny Sky Italia advert.

Dracoris
Alves is extreme quality same as Marchetti, we would be lucky to get either one.
ForzaMaldini
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 6 2010, 04:44 PM) *
Nah, we have to sell Janku and Kaladze to make money. I was thinking maybe some youngster from the primavera.

Not just to make money, but especially to save some money. Those two togheter (who don't even make it to the bench) catch a salary of 7 milion euro's.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 6 2010, 07:05 PM) *
To me, he's better than both Dida and Storari.

I think the opposite might be true. tongue.gif

(typo)
X-Offender
He'll make sure to prove you all wrong in the next season. wink.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 6 2010, 08:09 PM) *
He'll make sure to prove you all wrong in the next season. wink.gif

I don't know... I felt more comfortable with either Storari or Dida on goal than with Abbiati this season...

So I simply hope he will not even get the chance to prove me wrong... I hope Storari can play all matches 96.gif

But hey, let the best man start, simply as that, BUT it would be ridicilous if Abbiati may start first instead of Storari
ForzaMaldini
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 6 2010, 09:15 PM) *
I don't know... I felt more comfortable with either Storari or Dida on goal than with Abbiati this season...

So I simply hope he will not even get the chance to prove me wrong... I hope Storari can play all matches 96.gif

But hey, let the best man start, simply as that, BUT it would be ridicilous if Abbiati may start first instead of Storari

I'm really wondering why you got that feeling. Abbiati was much bigger certainty than Dida. Abbiati never made a mistake the past two years but also never seemed uncertain, while Dida sometimes seemed like an amateur.

Abbiati hardly got a good chance this season. Injured, played a few weeks, then got injured again (or Dida outplayed him according to Leonardo).

I say: buy Diego Alves, as a 1st keeper. Keep Abbiati as a second keeper and return Storari as a third keeper. With Storari back with Milan he probably won't save Sampdoria again when Milan meet them laugh.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ Jun 6 2010, 08:40 PM) *
I say: buy Diego Alves, as a 1st keeper. Keep Abbiati as a second keeper and return Storari as a third keeper. With Storari back with Milan he probably won't save Sampdoria again when Milan meet them laugh.gif

(Obviously I disagree with your picking order when it comes to our goalkeepers, but not to get in repeat only one Q...) Why would we keep Storari as 3rd goalkeeper when we can sell him for some millions?
X-Offender
Aye, if we are to buy, say, Diego Alves as first goalie and Abbiati as second, no need to keep Storari as we could get a good 4m from his selling. It's not like he's ever gonna play being the third choice.
ForzaMaldini
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 6 2010, 11:07 PM) *
(Obviously I disagree with your picking order when it comes to our goalkeepers, but not to get in repeat only one Q...) Why would we keep Storari as 3rd goalkeeper when we can sell him for some millions?

Because we need three stabel goalkeepers and not just one. If you didn't learn that this season, what did you learn? We can bring Donarumma to the first squad, but aside from him missing gamerythm he also isn't the keeper that is a certainty for big matches.

CHU-LIP
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ Jun 6 2010, 09:37 PM) *
Because we need three stabel goalkeepers and not just one. If you didn't learn that this season, what did you learn? We can bring Donarumma to the first squad, but aside from him missing gamerythm he also isn't the keeper that is a certainty for big matches.
Not just one, I agree, but two (+ Primavera goalkeepers) should be enough. This season was exceptional IMO. Storari/Abbiati is too good as 3rd choice.
Dracoris
Roma is a cheapie and seemed content as third string. Might as well extend him a year, sell one of Abs/Storari and buy a fresh new keepe.
X-Offender
I would just continue with Abbiati/Storari/Roma. IMO the goalkeeper position is the last thing we should worry about.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 6 2010, 10:21 PM) *
Roma is a cheapie and seemed content as third string. Might as well extend him a year, sell one of Abs/Storari and buy a fresh new keepe.

Roma or whoever as 3rd... agree, I mean, Storari was loaned out for a reason, because he was 3rd choice... these guys won't remain happy as 3rd GK
Dracoris
Storari played really well when he was our 1st string, I am ok with bringing him back. Abiatti was shaky towards the end, and I usually support him over Dida. I am just not as confident as I used to be with him.

-I think we need a new keeper, its not the first priority on our list but if a good one becomes available (Marchetti, Alves, Sirigu), then we should pounce. We didn't pounce on Hernanes last year when he was only 10m, now hes worth 20m and we missed out. (According to milannews.it reports a couple'a days ago)
X-Offender
Hernanes didn't cost 10m last year. In fact, we offered Sao Paolo about that much (8-10m), but their president said they wouldn't sell their player for "a case of bananas". biggrin.gif
Dracoris
Oh dang. I thought I had read that they said 10m and we said No to that... My bad!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jun 6 2010, 02:49 PM) *
Alves is extreme quality same as Marchetti, we would be lucky to get either one.

am i the only guy in the Viviano fan club?! Well, me and Gigi Buffon that is...
Fishdoll
For what it's worth, the press conference of the opening day of training is going on right now and is being reported in real time on tuttomercatoweb (you do need to hit F5 to refresh):

link

EDIT:
Things said so far (paraphrasing here):
* He's spent 1.1 billion euros on the club in the last 25 years; it's not true that there's no money
* Nice words about Allegri
* Nice words about Yepes, Amelia and Sokratis.
* The club's investing a lot in its youth setup
* Real has asked for Thiago Silva; he has said no
* After some of the high-wage contracts expire at the end of this year (in June 2011), there'll be a turnaround with attention to the youth
* Ronaldinho's staying, his contract will be renewed, he's the most decisive player Berlusconi has ever seen (this fish just oy at the last statement)
* Nice words about Leo but a comment that they disagreed on how the team was lined up and Berlu thought he was on the wings too much.
* He hopes to see Ronaldinho in a more central position because he has goals in his blood. He's convinced that the squad's already good and it's hard to find better players on the market. The team will continue to work on its youth setup for the future. Nobody's leaving Milan but if there are possibilities on the market, we'll see (not sure if he means possibilities of sales or purchases here)
* He didn't like seeing Huntelaar fielded as a winger either.

Fishdoll
And continuing on:

* He likes Rino, would like him to stay, but Milan never keeps a player against his will. (Fester pipes up and says there have been no official offers for Rino).
* He's against putting Milan on the borsa (stock exchange) as he thinks it is too risky.
* He doesn't think Ibra'd fit in.
* His kids aren't interested in running the club and have other stuff going on; he's counting on his grandkids to pick up club leadership.
* Fester says there haven't been any actual offers for Ronaldinho submitted to the club.
X-Offender
He said he spends 65m every year...

FOR WHAT???

rolleyes.gif
Fishdoll
He's really lost touch with reality, hasn't he?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.