Atletico Madrid

Europa League
Villarreal
Valencia
Athletic Bilbao

-

It's gonna be an exciting league this season. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
Looking forward to La Liga more than ever I reckon. Madrid-Barca is going to be amazing!

(Only 2 Europa League entries?)
Zed.D
Athletic Bilbao will also participate in the Europa league (from the third qualifying round though). thanks for reminding.
Suhail 3
Talk about a dead thread (Y) its clear la liga isnt very popular

Last nights game wasnt bad i enjoyed it _ although the pitch was AWFUL the ball kept bouncingu p

Valencia 2-0 Sevilla

cool.gif
dst
Real did not look convincing but then again the season has just started. It was funny that there were ALWAYS 4 players just outside the penalty area waiting for the ball, every team that plays against them will forget everything they know about double marking players... biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
3-0.

Bojan, Keita, Zlatan.
Bluesummers
HALA MADRID!
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 2 2009, 09:07 AM) *
HALA MADRID!

I would prefer seeing Barca win their league and the CL 10 times over then see these pr!cks have any success this season dry.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2009, 04:03 AM) *
I would prefer seeing Barca win their league and the CL 10 times over then see these pr!cks have any success this season dry.gif

noooossserrssssss I want kaka to have successs...
Zed.D
Ricardo "the 10 game wonder" Kaka has again shined, setting up 2 of Madrid's goals tonight this time. it turns out the reason why we're so mediocre is that we don't have him anymore...

I hate you Berlu
kurtsimonw
Zlatan and Ronaldo both scored again this weekend.
Habitant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2009, 10:03 AM) *

ditto
Bluesummers
Madrid Highlights :link

Look at the first 2 goals. cry.gif
Zed.D
I don't want to sleep.gif it's not because I love Kaka, more because his departure has weakened us.
kurtsimonw
Barca 5-2 Atletico.
*Messi (2), Dani Alves, Ibrahimovic & Keita
*Forlan & Aguero
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 20 2009, 01:31 AM) *
Barca 5-2 Atletico.
*Messi (2), Dani Alves, Ibrahimovic & Keita
*Forlan & Aguero

After watching Barca last night I had to ask myself whether we know how to play football at all... sleep.gif
Jack Sparrow
It wasn't the best I've seen them play though. But that's exactly what happens when you'r that damn good. Barca played ok (by their galactic standards), but Atleti were very disappointing.

kurtsimonw
I think the Barca team of the last year or so is the greatest football I have ever seen. They make very good teams look bad. Even Chelsea, who are a very good team in their own right, defended against them at Stamford Bridge and couldn't keep them out, they really are unstoppable. Though I think Madrid will beat them this year.
Bluesummers
Barcelona only do well because they are given the space to do well. If teams just defend deep/ man mark properly and counter attack barcelona is beaten easily. Chelsea demonstrated that and should have gone through but the ref was bought by fifa.

Sure they play very entertaining football but their style as powerful as it is can be stopped quite easily. They rely heavily on the opposition attacking and opening up. If they don't barca usually flop. Inter/chelsea/manu showed a good example of this. Teams who did open up and tried to play to barca's game usually suffer like madrid/atheltico/bayern etc.
dst
Surely Barcelona cannot be stopped 'quite easily'. They are far from invincible as many think but this is taking it to the other end.

If that ref was bought then he would not have shown a red card to Abidal for Anelka's fall... that guy simply is useless.
Protagonist
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 20 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Barcelona only do well because they are given the space to do well. If teams just defend deep/ man mark properly and counter attack barcelona is beaten easily. Chelsea demonstrated that and should have gone through but the ref was bought by fifa.

Sure they play very entertaining football but their style as powerful as it is can be stopped quite easily. They rely heavily on the opposition attacking and opening up. If they don't barca usually flop. Inter/chelsea/manu showed a good example of this. Teams who did open up and tried to play to barca's game usually suffer like madrid/atheltico/bayern etc.

I would not say beaten easily, because they are a team that just bagged a treble not a couple of months ago.

They are the most organized team I have seen in sometime, they have consistency and a solid base to lean back on. Their weakest point, if I may highlight away, would be their defending, hence they are prone to falter. Even with that said, they can outscore any opposition.

If there is a team to fear, it is this Barca team. An example would be the Champions League final, they took on the reigning Champions and apart from the first couple of minutes produced a display of total domination. A team as strong as United who arguably had one of the best teams Sir Alex had produced in the past two decades, made to look like Getafe at best!
kurtsimonw
Madrid 5-0 Xerez.

Ronaldo (2), Guti, Benzema, Nistelrooy. Ronaldo has started on fire for Madrid, he's scored in every appearance he's made, despite not starting every game. It's quite clear he's enjoying the more open La Liga alot.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 20 2009, 02:37 PM) *
It wasn't the best I've seen them play though. But that's exactly what happens when you'r that damn good. Barca played ok (by their galactic standards), but Atleti were very disappointing.

THAT'S WHY I SAID THAT! they can get 5 goals even when they're not playing their best football. that's how great teams should be...

They didn't play well for 90 minutes but still the way they pass (they make it seem so easy while it's not, refer to the way Milan plays if you don't believe me!), their 1-2s, Xavi's incredible deep passes, etc etc etc. few teams can match even THIS Barca, let alone the real Barca.

I agree with Blue that they are beatable (not "easily" though) if you don't give them enough space. however, it's easy to say this, on the pitch it's whole a different matter. which team is better at that than Chelsea? and we all saw what happened to them... 1 moment is enough for Barca to punish the defending teams' asses.
dst
I did not watch the second half but in the first one the only difference between the two teams was that Barcelona's players finished their chances. It could have been 4-4.

But generally I agree with you, they win without struggling and they make it look easy, or that their opponents are not good enough.
Zed.D
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=3166744

Madrid's 3rd goal against Tenerife - Kaka

Not bad!
Zed.D
Malaga 0-2 Barca

Zlatan's 5th goal in as many games. so far he's proven the better transfer than both Kaka and Ronaldo, even if these two have done very well.

And Barca... they still play the best football in the world, without a doubt. they're one of those special teams which we get to see only once in a decade.
kurtsimonw
Ibrahimovic a better ransfer than Ronaldo? Ronaldo's better now than he was in the EPL, in my opinion.

In all comps: 7 goals in 6 games (a goal every 64 minutes)
In La Liga: 5 goals in 5 games (a goal every 67 minutes)

Crazy good! He should ease to the 2010 Player of the Year at this rate. I think he, and Messi, are starting to reach the 'one of the best ever?' category already.
ReMad

Barcelona - Almeria
Saturday, October 3, 20:00 CET
Camp Nou, Barcelona

:: Pre-Match Video ::

Guardiola Press Conference
Click Here for Video

:: Goals ::

1-0 Pedro Min.31
Click Here for Video

:: Extras ::

Messi Chance Min.10
Click Here for Video

Messi Shot Min.15
Click Here for Video

Iniesta and Pedro Strike the Post Min.17
Click Here for Video

Xavi Header Min.19
Click Here for Video

1st Half Highlights
Click Here for Video

Ibrahimovic Shot Min.77
Click Here for Video

Tennie
Thanks, ReMad!
il_diavolo_mtl
Remad is serious about La Liga ohmy.gif
i wish our starting threads were that cool smile.gif
Bluesummers
barca win, sevilla win, madrid lose. NOTHING ELSE IS IMPORTANTEEE
dst
Are you drunk?

Go Sevilla! smile.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 4 2009, 06:28 PM) *
Are you drunk?

Go Sevilla! smile.gif

LOL! i think La liga is better then alot of people think: Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal and even atletico can win in europe sad.gif.

Diavolino wonders when Serie A will regain it's power sad.gif
dst
Casillas is on Coke!

(check Diarra's reaction at 0:07! biggrin.gif )
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 7 2009, 03:20 AM) *
Casillas is on Coke!

(check Diarra's reaction at 0:07! biggrin.gif )

F@ck you! That's definitely a Pepsi save. Like Coke could make you do that! rolleyes.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 6 2009, 11:03 PM) *
F@ck you! That's definitely a Pepsi save. Like Coke could make you do that! rolleyes.gif

methamphetamines can...
Jack Sparrow
We're talking Pepsi and Coke. If you must interfere you can bring in Dr.Pepper if you like.
Tennie
So, one result of note in yesterday's La Liga fixtures:

Sporting Gijon 0-0 Real Madrid.
Bluesummers
one more game like this and pelle is gone. laugh.gif
Tennie
So, there's a round of the Copa del Rey in Spain this midweek.

One result of note:

Alcorcon (third division) 4 - 0 Real Madrid.

Granted there was a lot of turnover but...well, this is still pretty bad. Haven't seen the game yet (will get it on replay later) but the match report I read gave Madrid keeper Jerzy Dudek MOM awards - and he conceded four.
kurtsimonw
DUDEK; ARBELOA, METZELDER, ALBIOL, DRENTHE; DIARRA, GUTI; GRANERO, VAN DER VAART; RAÚL, BENZEMA

Hardly a weak team. I suspect Madrid will beat them by 5/6 in the 2nd leg.
TriniKing_CE
Kaka - 78 Million Euros, Ronaldo - 94 Million, Benzema - 35 Million, Xabi Alonso - 35 Million

Watching Madrid lose 4-0 to a team with a 1 million Euro Budget - PRICELESS!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
Zed.D
Well, technically only one of those played against Alcorcon, but still... PRICELESS.
Bluesummers
The Spanish football league (LFP) have decided to postpone the decision on whether to go on strike over the government's proposed tax reforms until November 19.

Representatives from Spain's top 42 clubs - those in the Primera and Segunda Division - held a meeting today and have agreed with the LFP that there will be no strike action in the immediate future. It is believed that it was a unanimous decision between the clubs, although no further details have been made available.

A commission has also been formed in order to soften the position of both the LFP and the Spanish government, which will involve Florentino Perez (president of Real Madrid), Jose Maria Del Nido (president of Sevilla), Xavier Salvado (president of Gimnastic Tarragona) and Francisco Rubio (president of Numancia).

However, the president of the LFP, Jose Luis Astiazaran, is still fuming about the proposed plans to raise taxes for foreigners earning over €600,000 from 24 per cent to 43 per cent.

"We're not happy about the move that the government has adopted," Astiazaran is quoted as saying by Goal.com Spain.

"We have created a commission to talk about the reform and other items involving Spanish football with the government.

"We want the government to be aware of our thinking. There will be some approaches that show that football generates a lot of wealth and interest in the country.

"The Assembly has decided not to take any extraordinary decisions. On [November] 19, we will see what progress has been made and then make decisions. We have decided to be constructive and to negotiate with the government."

YES THANK YOU GOD! WHEN THIS HAPPENS IT IS A DAY TO CELEBRATE! FINALLY WE WON'T LOSE PLAYERS TO TAXES ANYMORE!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Surely this won't have a chance of happening. How on Earth can this stand up to European Employment Law? If this goes through, the EU is pretty much pointless. It is anyway, but this'll just prove it.

Hopefully something similar happens in England, and not just for footballers.
dst
What's your objection, Kurt?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 6 2009, 04:42 PM) *
What's your objection, Kurt?

My objection? None. Which is why I said I'd want something similar done in England.

It's just not 'legal' in accordance to European Tax Laws. You can't just make people pay more tax because they're from another country. It's worse than the 6 + 5 thing which doesn't seem to be able to hold up in the European Court.
Tennie
Kurt, it wouldn't be making foreigners pay MORE than everyone else. It'd be making them pay the SAME as everyone else. Currently foreigners in Spain pay about half the income tax that Spaniards do.
kurtsimonw
I can't comment on that, the article makes no mention of what Spaniards pay for tax.

EDIT: Had a search for it and foreigners are paying less than the Spanish. I'm all for it to happen. It's a mockery of the EU that it's even this way in the first place.
Tennie
This article does. link

So does this one. link

And this one. link
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.