Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 35a Giornata - Udinese vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dst
8th placed Udinese host 2nd placed Milan.

This game is to be played on Saturday May 16.

---

Hmm... I feel we're going to win this one comfortably. Udinese are a good team thought we should not underestimate them. I hope to see Ronaldinho play instead of Seedorf, Pippo and Pato to start up front and the duck to resume his scoring ways.
TriniKing_CE
VS

It was honestly the 'get out of the piranha tank free' card that got me to do this... laugh.gif
han2503
I think we have 2 Udine-Milan match threads....
TriniKing_CE
Grrr.. mad.gif
http://www.milanfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6892
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 13 2009, 02:54 PM) *
I think we have 2 Udine-Milan match threads....

Yes unfortunately Dst beat me to the 'get out of the piranha tank free' card.
Oh well no worries... I hardly think I would have had much use for it, was looking to sell it on Ebay anyhow! tongue.gif

I think Milan would win this one too...
Lets hope Siena pull off an upset (and as much of a sore loser as I may sound by saying this, lets hope for some Injuries or Suspensions for the inter team) biggrin.gif
Tennie
(actually, you've got more need for it than dst, trini. Fishdoll hasn't forgotten the Gerrard picture that made his eyes bleed!)

Thanks to both of you for opening the thread(s)!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 13 2009, 03:06 PM) *
(actually, you've got more need for it than dst, trini. Fishdoll hasn't forgotten the Gerrard picture that made his eyes bleed!)

Thanks to both of you for opening the thread(s)!

laugh.gif

No card?? dunnosmiley.gif

Damn!
Tennie
Fishdoll's in a good mood today.

+1 cookie (or +1 card, if preferred) to dst, trini, and mtl as well. 96.gif
Tennie
(from acmilan.com)

UDINE, AS ALWAYS
5/11/2009 11:07:00 PM
At Udine he made his debut, with Liedholm on the bench. Against Udinese at S. Siro, the party for the 20 years in football. Saturday again Udine: Paolo Maldini's 900th official match. Always with the Rossoneri shirt.

MILAN - Udinese, Udinese, and Udinese. When the big arms of football history embrace Paolo Maldini, here is once again the team from Friuli at the crossroads. It happened on 20 January 1985, the Sunday of the Serie A debut of Cesare's son, with a draw at the Stadio Friuli between Udinese and Milan. It happened on 16 January 2005, in the Sunday where Italian football celebrated the 20 years in football of the Rossoneri captain and former national team captain, with 3-1 victory against Udinese. It will happened again next Saturday, when Paolo Maldini will play his 900th official match with Milan's shirt. Where? At Udine, where else.

Perfect last night against Juventus, judged as one of the best Rossoneri players in the evening match, Paolo Maldini is playing with class and pride. Where the first quality starts and the second begins isn't known, as they are so intertwined. One thing's for sure: Paolo, as always, is at the service of the team. But his real strength is his self-respect. After the important matches he is playing individually, no one will ever say Cesare's son retired too late. Aerial play, runs: Paolo is still there, against anyone, who's next. He is ending his career as a world-class player at 41 years old.

Now it's time to write another piece of history. Where in 1985 there was Selvaggi, and now there is Quagliarella, the great Paolo Maldini achieves an incredible target. In the same stadium as his first official match, when he was worried about his oral test at school the next day, he will play his 900th. Four World Cups later, with a record amount of appearences with the national team, and a palmares with 26 titles (Italian, European, and World) won with his club. A transcendental champion, respected by everyone, Paolo Maldini is a precious good for football at all levels.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 13 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Fishdoll's in a good mood today.

+1 cookie (or +1 card, if preferred) to dst, trini, and mtl as well. 96.gif

Yess thumbup.gif

...No fish tanks for me!
TriniKing_CE
Nice Article, btw.
I have to start back going to acmilan.com more regularly.
MizNelson
Fishdoll will be happy to know that Nesta actually trained with the team today. 96.gif

Dida didn't, however. sad.gif The practice games featured Kalac and Perucchini in goal.
Tennie
Fishdoll celebrated Nesta's training in the Nesta thread! 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

Fishdoll is sorry Dida's not better. sad.gif
dst
900 matches? Not even a thousand... what a poor record.

In the same stadium as his first official match, when he was worried about his oral test at school the next day

biggrin.gif ...

Why does it have to end? cry.gif
Coldest
What do you think about Ronaldinho ? He showed some really good things in Albania and, in my opinion, he should be in strarting line-up on Saturday...
Tennie
Welcome to Coldest! smile.gif
Tennie
Today's training has taken place.

After warmups there was a rather involved ball possession drill. Following this was a practice game.

Nesta AGAIN trained with the team. 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif Borriello took part in the first part of training and then worked in the gym.

Tomorrow there'll be an early practice and then the prematch interview and call ups for the Udinese game.

dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 14 2009, 06:49 PM) *
Nesta AGAIN trained with the team. 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif

Please PLEASE let this be the beginning of his resurrection!!! sleep.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 14 2009, 12:12 PM) *
Please PLEASE let this be the beginning of his resurrection!!! sleep.gif

Thats an inappropriate smiley (isn't it...?) unsure.gif

Anyway: +1, Please let this be a fresh begining!
MizNelson
I still think it'd be a mistake to have him play this season.
Tennie
Fishdoll ugh. We've got Rizzoli to ref the game.

Here is Mediaset's projected lineup. Also ugh.
Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Zambrotta, Maldini, Senderos, Jankulovski; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf, Kakà; Inzaghi.
Zed.D
I don't like the way Pato's been thrown away from the XI and become a late substitute after all he did over the season. hope I'm wrong and he starts this game, but I should've known not to think he was in Carlo's good books already.
Tennie
Call ups:

Dida, Kalac, Perucchini
Zambrotta, Maldini, Senderos, Jankulovski, Darmian, Mattioni, Antonini
Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Cardacio, Seedorf
Kakà, Pato, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko.
Coldest
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 14 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Welcome to Coldest! smile.gif

Thank you very much. I'll hope we get one well. wink.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 15 2009, 04:51 AM) *
Call ups:

Dida, Kalac, Perucchini

I'll believe it only when I see at least a pinky toe standing in goal.

QUOTE (Zeddie)
I don't like the way Pato's been thrown away from the XI and become a late substitute after all he did over the season. hope I'm wrong and he starts this game, but I should've known not to think he was in Carlo's good books already.

It boggles the mind why Pato is being treated this way. We've dominated when Seedork does not play.

Someone at R&B once speculated that Seedork must have some kind of dirt on Carlo. I'm starting to believe it.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 15 2009, 11:44 AM) *
Fishdoll ugh. We've got Rizzoli to ref the game.

Here is Mediaset's projected lineup. Also ugh.
Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Zambrotta, Maldini, Senderos, Jankulovski; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf, Kakà; Inzaghi.

I hope this is someone's idea of a sick joke???????

rolleyes.gif
Tennie
prematch press conference, translation courtesy of acmilan.com's english page:

MILANELLO - These are the declarations of the Rossoneri's coach Carlo Ancelotti, who spoke today during a press conference at Milanello, on the eve of the clash against Udinese:

ON TOMORROW’S CLASH AGAINST UDINESE
“Tomorrow it will be an important game. The team knows what it must do: we want to reach as soon as possible the three points which will assure us of the mathematical qualification to the next Champions League. From now until the end of the season there are three difficult games and we don’t want to arrive to the match against Fiorentina in need of points. For this reason, we want to win tomorrow.”

ON THE TEAM’S MOMENT AND THE FORMATION AGAINST UDINESE
“The team is fine, apart from the two suspended players Favalli and Beckham, all the players are in a good condition for tomorrow.

“Dida has recovered, he will play tomorrow. In defence Zambrotta, Senderos, Maldini and Jankulovski. Midfield with Flamini, Pirlo and Ambrosini. Then there are three players for two places: Seedorf, Pato and Inzaghi (Kaka’s place is taken for granted).”

ON THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS
"Nesta started to work in the past week with the team, apart from continuing his specific work. He must still find an acceptable physical condition, but he could play before the end of the season.

“Borriello is more behind Nesta and I don't know if he will manage to work with the team before the end of the season. However, he’s in the recovery phase.”

ON THE SCUDETTO
“The key to Milan’s league for the Scudetto race is in the home game against Reggina which we drew on the eve of the derby and the injury to Kaka. We lost two important points in the standings and Kaka’s unavailability for two months was felt.”

ON UDINESE
“Udinese are a team in good form, they are coming from five consecutive wins and found the condition they had at the start of the season. Both Milan and Udinese are two teams who are going through a good moment. They have found back the velocity and quality in their game, a team that starts often counter attacks and takes advantage of the game of its attackers. It’s a very dangerous formation.”

ON THE TRANSFER RUMOURS AND HIS FUTURE
“There is no new news to what I said before and there is no Chelsea-Milan issue. There is a lot of fantasy talk, I’m at Milan and I think that it’s a big fantasy and grotesque to think that I can make a transfer market for a club who I’m not tied to. Tomorrow we’ll see what happens, I don’t think that in the case of a win anything will happen, but we'll see tomorrow. On Sunday I'm free and I can do what I want, actually I will be at my dad's home to celebrate his birthday. Obviously, at times it’s like I’m living at Big Brother….However it won’t last long because May 31 is close by to everyone and we shall arrive to it quickly.”

ON SILVIO BERLUSCONI’S DECLARATIONS
“I think that it’s useless to comment the declarations made by president Silvio Berlusconi or wait for a phone call because yesterday’s denial by the president was quite strong, therefore I believe that there is no need for any comment.

“The president had already spoke to Galliani when we were at Tirana and already back then the president had denied. I don't think that there is the need for a phone call from him to me.

“My rapport with the club is a good one, very warm and affectionate.”

ON THE RONALDINHO’S TRANSFER RUMOURS
“I did not speak to Galliani, but our will is that of holding on to Ronaldinho, but then if the player wants to leave for many reasons, we will evaluate.”

ON THE RAPPORT WITH GALLIANI
“With Galliani I have a very strong rapport, very warm. It’s been like this for a long time, it’s an attachment which consolidated in time, now we’re in perfect harmony.”
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie Racquet)
ON THE RAPPORT WITH GALLIANI
“With Galliani I have a very strong rapport, very warm. It’s been like this for a long time, it’s an attachment which consolidated in time, now we’re in perfect harmony.”

*cough*
han2503
It looks like he's totally black balled Dinho for some reason.

And I personally cannot believe that he would list Seedorf as the player that will fight for 1 of the 2 attacking positions, first of all if the midfield spot is opened becuase of Becks' suspension then that is were Seedorf should be played, in HIS NATURAL position, he has nothing to do with the striker and AMs, since he is certainly nothing close to that. Second, why aren't Dinho and Sheva concidered to either partner Kaka in midfield or partner Pippo or Pato in attack.

Both have showed that they are in far better form then Seedorf is. I'm just really fead up with this entire Seedorf cr@p. It's obvious he's not in form and he doesn't give a cr@p anymore, imo he should get an express ticket to the bench. But it will never happen because he is Seedorf, had this been any other player, I'm certain that he would be sitting in the stands instead of strting every week
Tennie
He's kind of conveniently forgetting the press conference in Tirana there, isn't he?smile.gif

But Fishdoll nudges Didafan to look at the part about who's playing!
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 15 2009, 08:37 PM) *
He's kind of conveniently forgetting the press conference in Tirana there, isn't he?smile.gif

But Fishdoll nudges Didafan to look at the part about who's playing!

What press conference?
Tennie
Didn't that article get translated? Oops and Fishdoll blames dst-the-meaniehead for the lapse!

Before the friendly in Tirana, there was a prematch press conference with Ancelotti, Galliani, etc. One of the journalists asked Ancelotti about his future in light of the 'it's all carletto's fault' statement attributed that morning to Berlusconi. Ancelotti appeared - so the reports go - quite ready to answer the question but Galliani stepped in and answered for him, stating that he would 'answer for my friend Carletto'. This is what a lot of the English papers have picked up and are basing the 'Ancelotti to Chelsea' rumors on.
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 16 2009, 01:06 AM) *
And I personally cannot believe that he would list Seedorf as the player that will fight for 1 of the 2 attacking positions, first of all if the midfield spot is opened becuase of Becks' suspension then that is were Seedorf should be played, in HIS NATURAL position, he has nothing to do with the striker and AMs, since he is certainly nothing close to that. Second, why aren't Dinho and Sheva concidered to either partner Kaka in midfield or partner Pippo or Pato in attack.

Both have showed that they are in far better form then Seedorf is. I'm just really fead up with this entire Seedorf cr@p. It's obvious he's not in form and he doesn't give a cr@p anymore, imo he should get an express ticket to the bench. But it will never happen because he is Seedorf, had this been any other player, I'm certain that he would be sitting in the stands instead of strting every week

I think it's a fact that we have to sooner or later get over; as long as Carlo is the coach, it's going to be the same story about Seedorf. I think for the sake of our mental health (!) we have to forget about it.......
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 15 2009, 08:54 PM) *
Didn't that article get translated? Oops and Fishdoll blames dst-the-meaniehead for the lapse!

Before the friendly in Tirana, there was a prematch press conference with Ancelotti, Galliani, etc. One of the journalists asked Ancelotti about his future in light of the 'it's all carletto's fault' statement attributed that morning to Berlusconi. Ancelotti appeared - so the reports go - quite ready to answer the question but Galliani stepped in and answered for him, stating that he would 'answer for my friend Carletto'. This is what a lot of the English papers have picked up and are basing the 'Ancelotti to Chelsea' rumors on.

Thanks for the recap.

What really irks me about Galliani and Silvio regarding Carlo is that they clearly don't respect him, they don't give a cr@p about what he wants for the team that at the end of the day he is going to coach. They use him like a doormat, becuase they know he won't retaliate ala Mourinho.

I think the only reason they want to keep him on as coach is to satisfy their huge egos, they don't want tohand over some of the control of the club, transfer imo, should be left up to the coach.

I'm not a Carlo hater, even though I hate some of the choices that he makes, this to me is another reason why he should leave, Galliani and Berlu need someone to tell them to f off, if they want to make all the decisions then they should start coaching the team themselves.

I mean some of the things Galliani and even Silvio have said in the past regarding Carlo is just totally out of place and disrespectful to him as coach. For example, when Sheva was brought back, a journalist asked Galliani if everyone was happy with Sheva's return and he said, 'yes me and Silvio are very happy to have Sheva coming back' with total disregard to how Carlo felt about the entire situation, when at the end of the day has has to handle these players in the locker rooms, now I know Sheva is not a trouble maker, far from it, but others that have been brought it like Dinho, R9, etc tend to cause some problems when unhappy. I just think that it's high time we finally have a coach that is strong willed and can stand up to B&G, we haven't had that since Cappello

QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 15 2009, 09:01 PM) *
I think it's a fact that we have to sooner or later get over; as long as Carlo is the coach, it's going to be the same story about Seedorf. I think for the sake of our mental health (!) we have to forget about it.......

meh, it's not about hating Seedorf in the line-up so I should get over it, but the fact that he really is doing more damage to the team then good. So I can;t really get over it, because everytime I see him walking around on the pitch doing nothing but mis-placing passes I want to throw something at the screen. It's so frustrating swear1.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
He Wouldn't DARE playing SEEDORF over RICKY!!!!
Tennie
Nah, mtl, he wouldn't. Newest revisions to the projected lineup has Pippo sitting this one out instead.
il_diavolo_mtl
good cuz the fish almost gave diavolini a stroke lol
Tennie
Well, poissonpoupee is none too pleased at Pippo not starting, especially right now.

il_diavolo_mtl
what is poissonpoupee's starting XI?
Tennie
For this game? Hrm. If he were coach, he'd probably line up something like this:
Dida
Flamini Maldini Senderos Zambrotta
Ambrosini Pirlo Jankulovski
Kaka
Pippo Pato
Zed.D
I don't know what's Carlo's "real" obsession, the Christmas tree system or Seedorf...
A.X
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 15 2009, 08:16 PM) *
ON THE RONALDINHO’S TRANSFER RUMOURS
“I did not speak to Galliani, but our will is that of holding on to Ronaldinho, but then if the player wants to leave for many reasons, we will evaluate.”

heh ronaldinho should leave if he does not start in every game from now until the end of the season ... because when ancelotti plays seedorf instead of ronnie ... so that means there is something wrong btw r80 and this headboof coach .... seedorf said that he had played a lot this season and that's true ... but the coach likes him and that sucks in sport ... if u are better then the other player but the coach doesn't like you ... you have sit on the fukn bensh ... and then u play the last 5 min to waste time .. heh .... ancellotti should leave ... or if he doesn't so dinho had to leave ....
dst
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 15 2009, 11:36 PM) *
*cough*

No it's true. Galliani has always supported him. If it was not for Fester, Berlusca would have surely fired Carlo after the Istanbul fiasco. He has always been supporting Carletto and so have some players, namely Maldini, Seedorf and Kaka.
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ May 16 2009, 10:15 AM) *
No it's true. Galliani has always supported him. If it was not for Fester, Berlusca would have surely fired Carlo after the Istanbul fiasco. He has always been supporting Carletto and so have some players, namely Maldini, Seedorf and Kaka.

I don't think either support him, but both like having him at Milan becausethey can do whatever they want and he won't complain.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 16 2009, 03:50 PM) *
I don't think either support him, but both like having him at Milan becausethey can do whatever they want and he won't complain.

I don't know how they feel about him now and I was not there when it happened but I've read that these 4 met with Berlusconi after that CL final and convinced him to keep Ancelotti.
Tennie
New lineup rumor!

Mediaset thinks that RINO may start!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 16 2009, 05:15 AM) *

Pato is begining to become fond of him now too I think...
MizNelson
*yawn* When does the game actually start?
Tennie
In just under 2 hours, Miz.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 16 2009, 09:37 AM) *
In just under 2 hours, Miz.

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.