Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Albanian NT - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Tennie
Whee. Milan are playing another friendly. This one is against the Albanian national team in the second II Trofeo Taci Oil Albania Read game. The game is tomorrow (Tuesday); the team will fly in, play the game, and fly back.

The team has already had practice today. Those who played yesterday mostly worked in the gym; the rest mostly did drills and played a practice game.

Nesta worked and did running. Beckham trained separately.
Zed.D
Dinho will start cool.gif so will the kids who are bought to play only in these kinds of games cool.gif can't wait!
dst
I love these games!!! smile.gif We should do arrange these next season too in order to make sure we won't win anything!!
Tennie
Meh. It's one (not very glamorous) way of making up the money lost from CL revenue. Gattuso is supposed to play part of the game, so it's useful for that if nothing else.
dst
And we lost out to CL football because we did not care to rebuild the team when we should have... anyway, looking at the past for anything more than learning from one's mistakes is not useful at all so I'll stop here.

These games mess up the squad's training schedule... we HAVE TO stop them next season!
Tennie
call ups for the game:

Kalac, Perucchini,
Albertazzi, Antonini, Darmian, Mattioni, Jankulovski, Thiago Silva, Senderos, Zambrotta,
Beckham, Cardacio, Gattuso, Flamini, Pirlo,
Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.
MizNelson
Maldini, Dida and Bonera are being left behind for the friendly. (With my luck, Dida will probably wind up sitting out against Udinese as well.)
Tennie
Here's the starting lineup (game begins in 10 mins):

Kalac;
Mattioni, Thiago Silva, Senderos, Antonini;
Gattuso 96.gif 96.gif 96.gif , Pirlo, Jankulovski;
Ronaldinho, Pato;
Shevchenko.
Rivaldo
Links to watch the game smile.gif
Tennie
Thanks for always finding links, Rivaldo!

I'm at work and can't watch; can you (or whoever else is watching) keep us updated on how things go?
il_diavolo_mtl
Senderos just saved a goal
CrazyMilanFan
is it HT ?? and what is the score
Tennie
Gosh. Really? Yay!

How does Rino look?
il_diavolo_mtl
Mattioni Great play on D
il_diavolo_mtl
Dinho PLAying possesed
Rivaldo
Rino - Capitano))
CrazyMilanFan
can anyone link please?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 12 2009, 01:13 PM) *
Gosh. Really? Yay!

How does Rino look?

hasn't done anything yet, in fact i din't even know he was playing till you just mentioned it. storyline so far
-Pato is offside 6 out of 4 chances
-sheva is a little slower than i remember
individualy the back line players are amazing (with antonini looking a little lost)
-pirlo hasn't touched the ball yet (if once)
-ronaldinho is having a old "barca" day so far

Albania are better in transition then us

Thiago silva/mattioni/Senderos are winning all the battles
il_diavolo_mtl
Janku down
CrazyMilanFan
all the streams are showing adds where r u guys watching
il_diavolo_mtl
I'm seing Senderos playing ALOT higher then he is used to and it is confusing albania.
Cafu anywone?

ronnie is ALL OVER THE FIELD
il_diavolo_mtl
RONNIE 1-0
dst
Ronaldinho scores with a shot from just inside the box after a link up between Shevchenko and Pato.
il_diavolo_mtl
gattuso just knocked down his first albanian of the match, many more should fall...
il_diavolo_mtl
Senderos looks great guys, i hate to say i told you so but his yearlong improvement is showing today in a big way
dst
Great link up between ex and current 7 again, Pato misses a one-on-one from a very tight angle.
il_diavolo_mtl
that sheva did well to set up smile.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
gattuso unfortunately got owned with stepovers :S
il_diavolo_mtl
sheva setting up pato again
Albania has speedy players
dst
Another great combination between the two this time the goalie gathers the ball before Pato manages to reach it.
il_diavolo_mtl
sensational chalange by Senderos
dst
Albertazzi warming up... the crowd goes crazy... oh wait, that's Kaka next to him! tongue.gif

(there seem to be many Milan supporters in the stadium, probably an Albanian fan club?)
il_diavolo_mtl
sloppy defense from Rino, he needs to shake of the rust :S
dst
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ May 12 2009, 08:44 PM) *
sloppy defense from Rino, he needs to shake of the rust :S

He's made like 10 sliding tackles already! laugh.gif
CrazyMilanFan
HT 1-0 on my stream
RinoIlCapitano
Is mationi really a player that can play in the first 11 in Milan next season? How is he for real?
CrazyMilanFan
albania got no chance now seedorf is on the Field
CrazyMilanFan
sheva 2-0
Tennie
latest rumor in the italian media is that mattioni will go on loan to udinese.
CrazyMilanFan
2-1
dst
Pippo for Sheva
Albertazzi for Ronaldinho
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 12 2009, 06:12 PM) *
latest rumor in the italian media is that mattioni will go on loan to udinese.

thats ok, it is better to loan him than put him on the bench for the whole season!!
CrazyMilanFan
2-2
CrazyMilanFan
3-2 to albania defence is shocking
I_Rossoneri
Ended 3-3.
kizo
We won on penalties

5-4

Kaka,Seedorf,Flamini,Thiago Silva,Pippo scored for us

They missed the very last penalty
Tennie
Thanks to those who watched for the updates!
MizNelson
From what I've heard, the youngsters (Cardacio, Silva, et al.) were pretty lousy tonight. Hopefully it'll put the "Carlo should play the young guys more" invective on ice for awhile.
Zed.D
QUOTE (MizNelson @ May 12 2009, 10:52 PM) *
From what I've heard, the youngsters (Cardacio, Silva, et al.) were pretty lousy tonight. Hopefully it'll put the "Carlo should play the young guys more" invective on ice for awhile.

This was what, their 3rd or 4th game in a year. I wouldn't expect more when they have zero confidence when going on the pitch.
MizNelson
I did feel bad for Perucchini (sp?), though. He made Kalac look like Gordon Banks tonight.

I would like to see these guys work a game on their own, though, maybe against some lower-level Serie B squad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.