Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rangers-Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Tennie
So, Milan fly to Glasgow tomorrow to play Rangers in a friendly at Ibrox.

Can't for the life of me figure out WHY this friendly is happening, especially with Rino injured.

Think we'll see Thiago Silva play. Other than that...who knows?
kurtsimonw
Whoever agreed to this friendly needs firing if anyone picks up an injury of any sort.
CrazyMilanFan
quite a pointless friendly i hope to see silva,darmain, mattaioni
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 3 2009, 01:21 PM) *
Can't for the life of me figure out WHY this friendly is happening, especially with Rino injured.

I think it was agreed before Rino's injury.

Anyway... just put in the new guys, Silva and Mattioni, give time to Darmian and Cardacio and throw Sheva, Pippo and R20 in the mix and everything's gonna be alright!
Jack Sparrow
I would like...

Darmian---Silva---Senderos---Antonini
---------Flamini---Emerson------------
------------------Cardaccio-------------
-----------------------------R20----------
------------Sheva----Pippo--------------

I don't know about the new kids though. Pisano, Osuji, Mattioni...where they'll fit in etc.
Il Capitano
Instead of resting while the other teams burn some energy on coppa italia our management decides to go play a crappy friendly in Scottland, that's brilliant.
Tennie

Today's training has taken place. There were ball possession drills and one-touch, two-touch drills. Then there was a practice game with Dida and Donnarumma (the primavera keeper) in goal.

Nesta worked in the gym and then did some running. Favalli, Bonera, Kalac and Borriello trained in the gym. Kaladze also did specific work.

Here are the call ups for tomorrow's game:
PORTIERI: Dida, Donnarumma (n.50)
DIFENSORI: Antonini, Darmian, Jankulovski, Senderos, Thiago Silva (n.33), Mattioni (n.2), Albertazzi (n.56)
CENTROCAMPISTI: Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini, Pirlo, Strasser (n.51)
ATTACCANTI: Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

So...a good number of primavera players coming along on this one. Fishdoll hopes to see the two new brazilians get a run-out. He also hopes that Darmian and Albertazzi play. For those who get to see the game, Albertazzi is a left back and is really quite promising. Strasser is also rather good so hopefully he'll get some time as well.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 3 2009, 01:00 PM) *
I think it was agreed before Rino's injury.

Anyway... just put in the new guys, Silva and Mattioni, give time to Darmian and Cardacio and throw Sheva, Pippo and R20 in the mix and everything's gonna be alright!

You'd put mio Pippo to face does,...does,..."defenders"? Think twice my friend... wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Albertazzi? Finally.. biggrin.gif I'd almost forgotten about him. No Emo?? WTF??!!! mad.gif I didn't defend him for half a season on this forum just so his @ss could be benched!!
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 3 2009, 07:03 PM) *
You'd put mio Pippo to face does,...does,..."defenders"? Think twice my friend... wink.gif

laugh.gif

Man if Carletto fields Mattioni-Silva-Darmian-Albertazzi tomorrow I'll (try to) never speak bad of him ever again!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 4 2009, 01:10 AM) *
laugh.gif

Man if Carletto fields Mattioni-Silva-Darmian-Albertazzi tomorrow I'll (try to) never speak bad of him ever again!

+1 laugh.gif

What a defensive line. I love it!
Fillipo Simone
Senderos guys, Senderos...
dst
Senderos is nothing but a mediocre player. He does not lack experience, he lacks skills... for example, the lob he failed to block against Bologna that allowed a good chance to Di Vaio is a mistake the average Serie A defender would not make in his worst of matches! He's just lame.

He still has to play though... so I just wish to see that defensive quartet if only for a minute.
Fillipo Simone
Senderos? I rate him below average...he's the typic bulldozer defender who rams and tackles all that runs and holds the ball. I detest the mere idea of seeing him in a Milan dress, but...he has to play because he's due to injuries our CB option. So some practice with his fellow's will help..
KillerMax
Before I get angry, could someone please tell me what happened to Viduez?
Ro Rossonera
I think he's still with Uruguay U-20's isn't he? He's still on the squad list...
Tennie
Viudez is lighting up the U20s for Uruguay, Max. He's playing very, very well. (For those in North America, Goltv is showing the games live).
Ro Rossonera
The only time I'm profiting from being in the states
KillerMax
That's good then. I've never seen him play. I heard he is fast. I want to see more of him in a Milan shirt.

And it's Viudez, not Viduez as I thought. What would be the pronunciation for that? veeyudez?
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 4 2009, 07:11 AM) *
He's playing very, very well.

That's a relief. thanks!
acid911
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Feb 4 2009, 10:17 AM) *
What would be the pronunciation for that? veeyudez?

Exactlactly. smile.gif
dst
I wanted to see angry Max you party poopers! dry.gif
Tennie
(Are you flirting again, dst?)

Anyway, the game is going to be shown on Mediaset Premium, for those who have access to it, live. Hopefully the two new brazilians will make a good showing and we'll get to see some of the primavera kids.

My real concern is injuries. Rangers aren't known for being a particularly gentle team.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 3 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Senderos guys, Senderos...

My thoughts exactly when I saw dst's defensive line. I'm sure Senderos will be played. And I'm thinking Antonini will start on the left not Albertazzi. Darmian and Mattioni are my only hope
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 4 2009, 12:56 PM) *

Anyway, the game is going to be shown on Mediaset Premium, for those who have access to it, live. Hopefully the two new brazilians will make a good showing and we'll get to see some of the primavera kids.

My real concern is injuries. Rangers aren't known for being a particularly gentle team.

Hopefully they won't let the rush of blood get to their heads, we cannot afford any injuries.

In any case, Kaka, Pato, Pirlo, Becks, Paolo, Bonera, Zambro, Dinho, Ambro. Should not be allowed to play. These players cannot get injured, not with the Inter game less then 2 weeks away
Tennie
Pirlo might make an appearance. He's suspended for the weekend game against Reggina (yellow card accumulation).
dst
The game will also be on bet365. bwin sucks... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 4 2009, 01:56 PM) *

(I'm trying to win Max back from Kurt)

That's why we're going to bring the youngsters on... it's going to be an accession to manhood test... just how the Tamil teens participate in bullfights in what is an adultness drill. Carletto must ask the lads to slide tackle all through the match. The test shall be named 'Plaid for Mercy' and those that end the match standing on their feet will be allowed to play for Milan!
Jack Sparrow
Those rogues might kick Pato..that's what I'm worried about. They'll murderize him if we let him. Which is why, I think we should just play the formation I put, except maybe R80 in, along with Sheva.

I honestly don't care if we lose. By the way do we have an option of resting Carletto, so that Tassotti can go instead, and Carlo will be fresh for the Reggina match? unsure.gif
Rivaldo
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 3 2009, 04:33 PM) *
Here are the call ups for tomorrow's game:
PORTIERI: Dida, Donnarumma (n.50)
DIFENSORI: Antonini, Darmian, Jankulovski, Senderos, Thiago Silva (n.33), Mattioni (n.2), Albertazzi (n.56)
CENTROCAMPISTI: Beckham, Cardacio, Flamini, Pirlo, Strasser (n.51)
ATTACCANTI: Inzaghi, Pato, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

----------------------------------Dida-----------------------------------------
---Mattioni------Senderos-------------Thiago Silva--------Jankulovski---
------------Beckham------------Pirlo---------------Flamini------------------
-------------------------------Ronaldinho-------------------------------------
---------------Inzaghi--------------------------Shevchenko-----------------

And seconf half....

--------------------------------Donnarumma-------------------------------------
---Antonini-----------Darmian--------------Thiago Silva------Albertazzi------
------------Cardacio------------Strasser---------------Flamini------------------
---------------------------------Ronaldinho---------------------------------------
---------------Inzaghi--------------------------Shevchenko---------------------

king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Looks good that one...but must we play Beckham?
bbk
Help! When will start on-line ticket selling for Inter- Milan? I know that it starts on the 5th of february, but if anybody knows exact time. Thanks.
acid911
Bah! Another useless match. dry.gif How much $$$ do we need, really to keep playing these useless matches?
becks2stay
I think it's all about money. I read that Milan are contracted to make sure that Beckham, Kaka, and Ronaldinho all have to play some part of the match. You can watch it online. The Rangers world site has it but it's really expensive, but there's a new site called Omnisport.tv that have it live online officially and much cheaper.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 4 2009, 04:45 PM) *
Bah! Another useless match. dry.gif How much $$$ do we need, really to keep playing these useless matches?

hehe I don't think its about the money biggrin.gif Most likely about marketing and promoting Milan's imagine in the British Isle smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 4 2009, 02:15 PM) *
Looks good that one...but must we play Beckham?

Would personally prefer if all regular starters are kept away from this meaningless game. After all it is a friendly. We have bigger things to worry about, namely the game against Reggina, which imo is important as much as the derby, we need to keep up the pace before we face Inter
Tennie
QUOTE (bbk @ Feb 4 2009, 08:16 AM) *
Help! When will start on-line ticket selling for Inter- Milan? I know that it starts on the 5th of february, but if anybody knows exact time. Thanks.

bbk, given that Inter is the designated home team for the match, you should check the Inter website. They do sell tickets online and generally, tickets for Serie A games go on sale about a week before the match.
Tennie
QUOTE (becks2stay @ Feb 4 2009, 08:46 AM) *
I think it's all about money. I read that Milan are contracted to make sure that Beckham, Kaka, and Ronaldinho all have to play some part of the match. You can watch it online. The Rangers world site has it but it's really expensive, but there's a new site called Omnisport.tv that have it live online officially and much cheaper.

becks2stay, I think your source is mistaken. Kaka's not called up for the game and therefore presumably isn't even making the trip. Maldini isn't going either. The call up list is on the first page of this thread.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 4 2009, 06:53 PM) *
hehe I don't think its about the money Most likely about marketing and promoting Milan's imagine in the British Isle

Which I presume isn't about money. tongue.gif LOL.
KillerMax
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 4 2009, 09:31 AM) *
Which I presume isn't about money. tongue.gif LOL.

More about the soul.
RinoIlCapitano
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 4 2009, 12:08 PM) *
Hopefully they won't let the rush of blood get to their heads, we cannot afford any injuries.

In any case, Kaka, Pato, Pirlo, Becks, Paolo, Bonera, Zambro, Dinho, Ambro. Should not be allowed to play. These players cannot get injured, not with the Inter game less then 2 weeks away

I think R80 will play for sure, he hasnt start in the first 11 so far after the brake and now he will i think.
Tennie
han, if you look back to page 1 where the callup list is, you'll see that Il Capitano, Ambro, Bonera, Zambrotta, and Kaka weren't on the list and therefore won't be playing. smile.gif

Pato, Pirlo, Beckham, and Dinho ARE called up and will in all likelihood see time.

According to acmilan.com, there was a nice crowd to welcome the team when they landed at the Glasgow airport.
whoarethepatriots
Here's hoping quite a few of our Primavera players get played
Ry4n
Hey guys was just on the BBC Sports website and was looking at the photo's of the team in Scotland check the 4th picture out , i dont think that is Kaka' its Felipe Mattioni lol it has to be !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7869958.stm
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Feb 4 2009, 03:47 PM) *
Hey guys was just on the BBC Sports website and was looking at the photo's of the team in Scotland check the 4th picture out , i dont think that is Kaka' its Felipe Mattioni lol it has to be !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7869958.stm

lol he defintly is mattioni
Tennie
Good catch, ry. That's Mattioni, yep.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 4 2009, 03:56 PM) *
Good catch, ry. That's Mattioni, yep.

i knew it laugh.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Feb 4 2009, 03:55 PM) *
lol he defintly is mattioni

classic BBC king.gif
Tennie
Should someone tell them or should we all just point and laugh?smile.gif
Ry4n
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 4 2009, 04:10 PM) *
Should someone tell them or should we all just point and laugh?smile.gif

was just thinking that but how would we ? unsure.gif
Tennie
They have to ahve a feedback section somewhere...don't they?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.