Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bayern head mocks Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2
Zed.D
Bayern head mocks Milan

Wednesday 7 January, 2009
Bayern Munich chief Uli Hoeness has blasted Milan for the way they handled their pre-season camp in Dubai.

The Rossoneri shared facilities in Dubai with Bayern ahead of their 2009 opening friendly against Hamburg.

With the world's Press swarming around new boy David Beckham, the whole exercise has been labelled a media circus by critics.

“The difference between us and them is that we played football whereas Milan thought they were on a Hollywood film set,” Hoeness smirked.

“My job is to run a football club and not to make sure that Victoria Beckham has the best suite in the hotel.

“I don't know why Milan accepted all these demands. It was just one big scene and only Steven Spielberg was missing.”

What happened to that respectful, prestigious club named AC Milan??

I really feel uncomfortable with all these big 'names'.
acid911
No comment. sad.gif
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 7 2009, 09:27 PM) *
What happened to that respectful, prestigious club named AC Milan??

I really feel uncomfortable with all these big 'names'.

Read my sig
Zed.D
Thing is, Bayern is the only club that I consider as prestigious as Milan. if any other club's director had said this, I would have said ' go **** yourself' but to see the Bayern chief say something like this about us... it hurts. it hurts even more when I think to myself that there's no reason for people to lie about such thing. we've become like a circus and we all know it, even if some of us will never admit.
Zed.D
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jan 8 2009, 02:25 AM) *
Read my sig

+1

I need to follow that! changing my sig now...
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 7 2009, 10:56 PM) *
Thing is, Bayern is the only club that I consider as prestigious as Milan. if any other club's director had said this, I would have said ' go **** yourself' but to see the Bayern chief say something like this about us... it hurts. it hurts even more when I think to myself that there's no reason for people to lie about such thing. we've become like a circus and we all know it, even if some of us will never admit.

Now we agree, but partially.

I respect Bayern München as well, and also think Ulli Hoeneß is probably the world's best manager in football. But he certainly has a long tongue, he's uncontrolled sometimes, and says many things without much class. He simply does not choose his words properly. So...

...he's telling the truth. But... Milan have 110 years of prestige on their account. You can't loose all that in one night, not even in one generation. XI Beckhams in the starting line-up wouldn't destroy that reputation.

And in these days of recession and global shifts, I think soon Beckham will just be a faded moment, which brought us a financial plus.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 02:59 AM) *
Who's the next fading star in our fake Galacticos, Mr. Galliani?!...

Wait, let me answer that: Emerson? huh.gif tongue.gif

This I'll agree with, fake Galacticos. Big names they are, but almost everyone has their best years behind them, and this includes Ronaldinho, Beckham, Shevchenko, Emerson, Zambrotta (unfortunately), and who knows what more. unsure.gif Ronaldo (R99) was another case and another class, in that he managed to somewhat deliver when he was fit.

The Galacticos (I'm not even sure it's safe to call it that) we have now would have been half decent 5 years back - a la Madrid - but they are just the names now, not the players. Even though they still win us games every once in a while. We've made Milan seem like some rich Arab club that buys European talent just to show off. Pity.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 8 2009, 03:26 AM) *
Now we agree, but partially.

I respect Bayern München as well, and also think Ulli Hoeneß is probably the world's best manager in football. But he certainly has a long tongue, he's uncontrolled sometimes, and says many things without much class. He simply does not choose his words properly. So...

...he's telling the truth. But... Milan have 110 years of prestige on their account. You can't loose all that in one night, not even in one generation. XI Beckhams in the starting line-up wouldn't destroy that reputation.

And in these days of recession and global shifts, I think soon Beckham will just be a faded moment, which brought us a financial plus.

Excellent post. king.gif This I agree with completely! Particularly the 110 years and XI Beckhams part!
Tennie
I've never been a big fan of Uli, but..well, he is right. Unfortunately.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 7 2009, 02:26 PM) *

...he's telling the truth. But... Milan have 110 years of prestige on their account. You can't lose all that in one night, not even in one generation. XI Beckhams in the starting line-up wouldn't destroy that reputation.

Unfortunately, I can't agree with this post on R&B like I do here, or I'd get toasted.

Milan management were completely oblivious to the fact that the fans (not just us, but the hometown contingent) didn't want Beckham at the San Siro at all. Galliani and Co. really are trying to turn us into the Geriatric Galacticos. It's like a whole sports team experiencing a midlife crisis.
Jack Sparrow
I don't know what Uli Hoeness is talking about. To be honest.

First off Beckham stayed in the private residence he owns I think. And the only time Victoria Beckham went to a private suite was probably when they had ritiro.

What does he mean Hollywood set? Does he mean the security guards? Is this bloke aware that there were death threats against Beckham because of the new Hebrew proverb he got tattooed? Bayern Munich as far as I'm concerned is the Hollywood of Bundesliga. That he cannot in any way get anything near the kind of attention held by Manchester, Milan, Madrid and Barca doesn't mean he should justify it with 'sour grapes' comments.

I'm sure he's a great manager, but then so is Del Nido. As far as I'm concerned Uli Hoeness can indeed go 'f@ck himself'. For the manager of a club, who's modus operandi is to buy the big names in the Bundesliga and staff his own team (owing I believe to a lack of attraction for other players), he shouldn't comment too much on 'galatico'.

Bah! I hope we don't comment on it. 2-0 at the Munich stadium is all I remember. So obviously we're running a better ship. How we do it is our business.

MizNelson
It's 20-20: Hoeness (sp?) makes some good points, yet it also comes off as sour grapes.
Jack Sparrow
+1.

Perhaps Victoria shouldn't have been taken at all. But Beckham did observe ritiro and I didn't hear one bad thing about partying and cr@p. Yeesh...they're making Beckham sound like the anti-christ. He's no Adriano.

And c'mon it's Dubai. If they think Milan paid for anything they're crazy. This is Dubai, and they'll do anything to get the world's attention. Whatever little Milan spent, I'm sure they've got back from the friendly anyway.
kurtsimonw
Beckham isn't even the party type at all..

The only time you ever see him and the missus out is if it's to some awards show or something.
Warchant
this is just stupid
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 8 2009, 01:23 PM) *
Beckham isn't even the party type at all..

The only time you ever see him and the missus out is if it's to some awards show or something.

You don't know how much this means to me. sleep.gif I hereby declare you my blood brother. Any time I'm in need of blood I'll call you.
MizNelson
I'd take a hundred Beckhams over one Adriano anytime. He's a head case in every sense of the word.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 8 2009, 10:04 AM) *
I don't know what Uli Hoeness is talking about. To be honest.

We're showing off. that's what he's talking about!

We've basically become like the Galacticos era Madrid. like it or not, people start to hate the clubs that collect superstars more than normal, and that's exactly what we're doing. the only one we lack is Roberto Carlos cool.gif perhaps we should bring back Ronaldo too.

**** all that, as a fan, I really feel uncomfortable about all this. because the more we look for BIG names, the more we're likely to flop.
kurtsimonw
Sign Cafu back, get Roberto Carlos.

Dida

Cafu - Nesta - Maldini - Roberto Carlos

Beckham - Pirlo - Gattuso

Kaka' - Ronaldino

Shevchenko

AC Five Years Too Late (Yes, I know Kaka' is still playing his best football!)
Rossoneri7
Galliani's reply to Bayern coach:

"Given the friendship between our club and Bayern president Karl Heinze Rummenigge, we will not respond to Mr Hoeness' comments," Galliani told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

p.s. What business does the Bayern coach have with Milan or its players !? If Beckham wants a suite, he can get it and if Kakha wanted to buy an Island off the coast of Dubai then he can get it etc .. I believe its called freedom. Or are the players and their respective wives slaves of a cult !?

acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 8 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Yeesh...they're making Beckham sound like the anti-christ. He's no Adriano.

You mean Adriano is! ohmy.gif I better get online with the Mossad helpline. No time to waste. tongue.gif

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 8 2009, 02:26 PM) *
I'd take a hundred Beckhams over one Adriano anytime. He's a head case in every sense of the word.

Nice. smile.gif I'd take two thousand Becks over Adriano.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 8 2009, 04:18 PM) *
perhaps we should bring back Ronaldo too.

By all means do! sad.gif Oh God, by all means do, baggage and all. His only problem is fitness, and my, my, what a big problem that is. Other than that he's a humble guy, gets along well with everyone, and usually keeps his baggage out of San Siro.

But who am I kidding, not gonna happen. biggrin.gif Oh well.
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 8 2009, 06:07 PM) *
Galliani's reply to Bayern coach:

Finally, a good, sensible reply from Fester. dry.gif Been a while, since he's been sober. +1.
Fillipo Simone
Just remember the Galacticos...do we behave like them? Do we make the same fuss, the same nasty shows and acts? I don't think so. It's just the medias who love does stories to recycle.

As said, I don't care, Beckham will be gone, Milan will stay and I hope I will. Nothing will change.
Jack Sparrow
Exactly.

@ZD: You've got it a little twisted I think. The galatico era was not just about the superstars. It was throwing money like crazy to get names, regardless of team balance.

Now let's see, I believe in Milan the two superstars who are leading to the 'galatico' tag are Beckham and Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho: 28 years, who was just two years ago considered a calcio legend. We paid 25 million for a bloke who was rated at 80 million and who still sells jerseys. He's added depth to the team and played decently well (by his standards)

Beckham: Let's see, we've paid 0 for him. He's coming here to play what seems to me to be a very important role. An all round midfielder with long passing ability. Last I checked we had one player who could do that. R80 a bit too. If your argument is that Milan are making money out of it, I'm afraid I don't think of it as an argument at all. He's here to fulfill a short term requirement. Beckham gets his shot at his NT, Milan sell some jerseys and get an added hand in a few matches.

In contrast, I'll tell you what Milan need to do to be consider galatico (and I'm worried some will find it appealing)

Cut Maldini,Favalli,Bonera out of the ranks.
Pay 37 million to buy Chiellini.
Sell Ambro and Rino, get Essien after paying another 30 million.
Blow a fortune, desperately chase Zlatan,Chivu with promises of unlimited power and immortality.
Probably get Tevez so he can sit on the bench in Milan
Sell Seedorf, don't even let him know it's happening. Knock up Fabregas, and force Arsenal to sell him.
Put a lot of pressure and chase Messi like hell. Maybe break the transfer record.
Also get Villa since we're in Spain anyway and have an extra day before the flight home.
And put Darmian in there to have the Zidanes e Pavones philosophy.

Oh and convert Corriere into a complete mouthpiece who everyday will print an item saying Player X wants to come to Milan.

Yup that is just a few things we'll do.

Oh and lest I forget. Have Carlo for one season. Fire him coz we didn't win CL, then hire Donadoni, fire him halfway. Get Lippi in. Fire him. Get in Mourinho. Fire him coz he plays ugly. Then hire Spalletti. Fire him. Rinse repeat.

I'm sorry but for me what Milan did was 'business'. Galatico was madness, it was something else.

kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 8 2009, 03:01 PM) *
Knock up Fabregas, and force Arsenal to sell him.

Yeah, no use having pregnant players on the team.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 8 2009, 03:01 PM) *
Exactly.

@ZD: You've got it a little twisted I think. The galatico era was not just about the superstars. It was throwing money like crazy to get names, regardless of team balance.

Now let's see, I believe in Milan the two superstars who are leading to the 'galatico' tag are Beckham and Ronaldinho.

Ronaldinho: 28 years, who was just two years ago considered a calcio legend. We paid 25 million for a bloke who was rated at 80 million and who still sells jerseys. He's added depth to the team and played decently well (by his standards)

Beckham: Let's see, we've paid 0 for him. He's coming here to play what seems to me to be a very important role. An all round midfielder with long passing ability. Last I checked we had one player who could do that. R80 a bit too. If your argument is that Milan are making money out of it, I'm afraid I don't think of it as an argument at all. He's here to fulfill a short term requirement. Beckham gets his shot at his NT, Milan sell some jerseys and get an added hand in a few matches.

In contrast, I'll tell you what Milan need to do to be consider galatico (and I'm worried some will find it appealing)

Cut Maldini,Favalli,Bonera out of the ranks.
Pay 37 million to buy Chiellini.
Sell Ambro and Rino, get Essien after paying another 30 million.
Blow a fortune, desperately chase Zlatan,Chivu with promises of unlimited power and immortality.
Probably get Tevez so he can sit on the bench in Milan
Sell Seedorf, don't even let him know it's happening. Knock up Fabregas, and force Arsenal to sell him.
Put a lot of pressure and chase Messi like hell. Maybe break the transfer record.
Also get Villa since we're in Spain anyway and have an extra day before the flight home.
And put Darmian in there to have the Zidanes e Pavones philosophy.

Oh and convert Corriere into a complete mouthpiece who everyday will print an item saying Player X wants to come to Milan.

Yup that is just a few things we'll do.

Oh and lest I forget. Have Carlo for one season. Fire him coz we didn't win CL, then hire Donadoni, fire him halfway. Get Lippi in. Fire him. Get in Mourinho. Fire him coz he plays ugly. Then hire Spalletti. Fire him. Rinse repeat.

I'm sorry but for me what Milan did was 'business'. Galatico was madness, it was something else.

Point is we don't need either player, they are here more for merchandising than anything else. You may disagree, but remember the fireworks etc for R80?

We actually need some quality CB's and a utility FB before we start messing with our midfield(which IMO is our strongest area wink.gif ).
Fillipo Simone
This isn't 100% true, last season we had a solid defense and weak attack. How can you say we don't need Dinho after so many matches he diceded? And goals score. He's our solution for taking the pressure off from Kaka. Maybe they still don't work properly when fielded, but they eventually will achieve balance.

Midfield?? The strongest? Remember last season!?
-------------------------

Fazit - last season proved we have scoring problems, a thin midfield selection and an ageing defense.
I didn't expect does problems to go away in one transfer period or in one year. You can now say we all saw that comming in 2003 or even in 1990 but that's irrelevant, it does not help. Yes, maybe we confronted the problem late, but finally, this summer we did. We fixed the striker situation completely IMO, we're building a deep midfielder selection, and now we have a whole winter transfer period and another summer period just to re-build our defensive line. For the other sections I don't expect any transfer, except of course some minor swaps and the reintegration of youngsters like Paloschi, Abate and Gourcuff.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 8 2009, 06:27 PM) *
Point is we don't need either player, they are here more for merchandising than anything else. You may disagree, but remember the fireworks etc for R80?

Didn't Milan do the same thing for Shevchenko when he first moved from Kiev ?

With all due respect, but Ronaldinho is a two time world player of the year and his credentials speak for themselves .. Hence, his name does move the marketing wheel at via turati, but that is because the player is that good.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 8 2009, 04:37 PM) *
Didn't Milan do the same thing for Shevchenko when he first moved from Kiev ?

With all due respect, but Ronaldinho is a two time world player of the year and his credentials speak for themselves .. Hence, his name does move the marketing wheel at via turati, but that is because the player is that good.

Not as far as I remember, actually I cannot remember Milan doing that for any player even Kaka!!!!!!

I don't mind raising our profile, but there is a limit.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 8 2009, 04:24 PM) *
This isn't 100% true, last season we had a solid defense and weak attack. How can you say we don't need Dinho after so many matches he diceded? And goals score. He's our solution for taking the pressure off from Kaka. Maybe they still don't work properly when fielded, but they eventually will achieve balance.

Midfield?? The strongest? Remember last season!?
-------------------------

Fazit - last season proved we have scoring problems, a thin midfield selection and an ageing defense.
I didn't expect does problems to go away in one transfer period or in one year. You can now say we all saw that comming in 2003 or even in 1990 but that's irrelevant, it does not help. Yes, maybe we confronted the problem late, but finally, this summer we did. We fixed the striker situation completely IMO, we're building a deep midfielder selection, and now we have a whole winter transfer period and another summer period just to re-build our defensive line. For the other sections I don't expect any transfer, except of course some minor swaps and the reintegration of youngsters like Paloschi, Abate and Gourcuff.

Freekicks aside Dinho doesn't have that much input in our play, whereas Ricky is a constant threat. As for goals R80 has only scored one goal more than Ricky, even though Ricky has been injured and doesn't take free kicks.

And a midfield of Pirlo, Seedorf, Ricky and Rino is one of the strongest in world football, there was no need to add R80 and Beckham(even if for 3 months) to that. Our defence is where we should have strengthened and you have to agree with that!
Habitant
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 8 2009, 07:36 PM) *
Freekicks aside Dinho doesn't have that much input in our play, whereas Ricky is a constant threat. As for goals R80 has only scored one goal more than Ricky, even though Ricky has been injured and doesn't take free kicks.

And a midfield of Pirlo, Seedorf, Ricky and Rino is one of the strongest in world football, there was no need to add R80 and Beckham(even if for 3 months) to that. Our defence is where we should have strengthened and you have to agree with that!

100% accurate, he isnt half the player he once was. although his goals are much appreciated.

i agree with everything except with that, in order to have one of the best mids in the world you need everyone contributing and unfortunately seedorf rarely does that and hinders our attack, he is only effective 1/4 games.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Jan 8 2009, 10:28 PM) *
Not as far as I remember, actually I cannot remember Milan doing that for any player even Kaka!!!!!!

I don't mind raising our profile, but there is a limit.

There is a limit, yes and I too don't want my club to turn into a circus .. So far, Milan is not a circus, its a very serious club .. About the introduction of the players, well Milan does that sort of thing to its mega signings, and Kaka' was not big when he first came here, he had the same allure as (recently) Pato. But when Sheva came, they did make a celebration for him, he even wore the number 10 at the time if I'm not mistaken. Anyways I_Ross, its pointless making a fuss over spilt milk
MizNelson
My favorite part:

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 8 2009, 07:01 AM) *
Sell Seedorf, don't even let him know it's happening.

QUOTE (R7)
I too don't want my club to turn into a circus

Unfortunately, we've been doing that to ourselves as our play has waned over the past couple seasons. The acmilan.com "Most Successful Club" bushwah, and allowing the Kaka/Madrid nonsense to carry on for far too long, for instance.

Bringing Beckham aboard was the topper. It's not the man himself, just the principle.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jan 9 2009, 08:14 AM) *
Unfortunately, we've been doing that to ourselves as our play has waned over the past couple seasons. The acmilan.com "Most Successful Club" bushwah, and allowing the Kaka/Madrid nonsense to carry on for far too long, for instance.

Bringing Beckham aboard was the topper. It's not the man himself, just the principle.

Thing is Miz ... That slogan was the goal that Silvio Berlusconi set out when he first aquired Milan. When Silvio landed in a helicopter at San Siro, he took the mic and said that he wanted to make Milan world famous .. Hence that slogan (although I am a very modest person and like to be affiliated with modest things, still ..) is a milestone for the club and the club's president, who invested over the span of 20 plus years to reach it.

Bringing Beckham to Milan was not a priority, I would have loved to have a defender or a wingback of equal allure to Becks instead. But he is already here and his new teammates are applauding his professionalism in training. During the friendly match, you could see the humility and determination of this fella .. He clearly wants to do his best, if not for Milan, for his chances to get into Capello's team. So, having an extra midfielder with the qualities of Beckham is a plus for the team, don't you think ?
Tennie
I agree with Miz on this one. What's going on right now is a far cry from the way Milan behaved when Sacchi was coach.
Jack Sparrow
^^

Football behaved differently then 10ster. I think Miz cleared it up...

I take it, this is your issue as well, coz all this time I was under the impression it was the other way round.

I'm cool with this, coz I realise Beckham is an income generator. We can't be blind to this. And Milan no longer run with Silvio as a 'sugar-daddy'. I think we're hell bent on being completely self-sufficient without acquiring any debt. If that is so and it is an operating decision, then such 'commercial also' decisions will have to be taken.

That I can forgive. Coz sure as hell, I don't want to be like Chelsea right now. From 12 billion to 2 billion. That's what Roman's come down to. Any worse and Chelsea could get wiped out.
Zed.D
I don't think technically Bekcham is an extra, a plus, etc. he is here to play and we all know it. he's not here to warm the bench and make occasional cameos. we want to make money; he wants to earn England call-up. and I'm afraid his presence might unsettle other midfielders and, consequently, we under-perform even more.

We're kinda lucky Gattuso picked up an injury otherwise it would've been impossible to choose between Kaka, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Beckham, Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini, Emerson and Ronaldinho and form a Christmas tree midfield rolleyes.gif

At least there's a bright side to look on: no more 2DMs for a while.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jan 9 2009, 05:46 PM) *
I don't think technically Bekcham is an extra, a plus, etc. he is here to play and we all know it. he's not here to warm the bench and make occasional cameos. we want to make money; he wants to earn England call-up. and I'm afraid his presence might unsettle other midfielders and, consequently, we under-perform even more.

We're kinda lucky Gattuso picked up an injury otherwise it would've been impossible to choose between Kaka, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Beckham, Gattuso, Seedorf, Flamini, Emerson and Ronaldinho and form a Christmas tree midfield rolleyes.gif

At least there's a bright side to look on: no more 2DMs for a while.

I knew eventually, I could control your mind. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 9 2009, 09:34 AM) *
Thing is Miz ... That slogan was the goal that Silvio Berlusconi set out when he first aquired Milan. When Silvio landed in a helicopter at San Siro, he took the mic and said that he wanted to make Milan world famous .. Hence that slogan (although I am a very modest person and like to be affiliated with modest things, still ..) is a milestone for the club and the club's president, who invested over the span of 20 plus years to reach it.

I did not like the slogan when it was true but now it's not even correct! We are NOT the most successful club in the world right now... it is a lie and you cannot defend this, it's pointless.
acid911
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 9 2009, 07:14 PM) *
I did not like the slogan when it was true but now it's not even correct! We are NOT the most successful club in the world right now... it is a lie and you cannot defend this, it's pointless.

This I think is true. unsure.gif No, not your stance, but the most successful club in the world line.

Boca whatever-their-name-is don't play in Europe, their continental league isn't nearly as challenging or high profile than ours. Being numero uno in Europe more often than not means numero uno in the world (if only for the reason that the best talent all over the world comes to play here, more technical and tactical, and the overall quality of football is comparatively much higher). It's not Boca's fault that they're not in Europe, I'll give them that. But it's just like Mexico topping the North American football group in WC qualifying. But when it comes to the World Cup finals, they usually end up getting humiliated. This is just how things are, and were meant to be.

Not that I'm for this stupid bragging thingy that Galliani does even in his sleep. dry.gif I don't think it's right for us to say that, let others say and repeat this if they want, not us. That's shameless, if we do it. But yeah, successful we are, and the most too, if analyzed correctly.
dst
We are level now with Boca on number of titles won and that's all that matters. If we go to personal evaluations I might as well say that I believe the Champions league title is worth three times as much as the CWC one so Madrid, having won 2 more than us, are more successful than us... it just does not work this way! Milan put that slogan up when we had more titles than Boca... right now, we are level!
acid911
Europe vs Europe is another thing, but I get where you're coming from. smile.gif I'm no fan of this pesky little title either, I care more for the team playing good football.
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 9 2009, 06:44 PM) *

FACT!!!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 9 2009, 05:14 PM) *

I know you didn't ... And I am not trying to justify anything .. I did state
(although I am a very modest person and like to be affiliated with modest things ..
from the part that you quoted, which in other words means I dont fancy that slogan too much. And I am not defending anyone .. Just saying that 'because' Silvio Berlusconi achieved his goal with Milan, which he did, then it is only right at the time.

Now whether the website keeps it on or not, that is an issue you have to take on with them, cuz we are not going to bring it down by debating on the subject.
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 9 2009, 07:07 PM) *
Just saying that 'because' Silvio Berlusconi achieved his goal with Milan, which he did, then it is only right at the time.

No matter if I like it or not, at the time the slogan was created they surely had every right to do it. But right now, they don't as it's a false proclamation, that's what I'm saying.
whoarethepatriots
Having complained that David and Victoria Beckham's new entourage, AC Milan, had turned their Dubai training camp into a Hollywood film set this week, Bayern Munich manager Uli Hoeness was left looking sheepish yesterday when his own player, Franck Ribery, tried to recreate a scene from Speed. The French midfielder took his Bayern team-mates for a spin around the hotel complex on the team bus, smashing through two road signs and mounting the kerb in the process.

Guardian
kurtsimonw
laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 9 2009, 03:14 PM) *

I understand your argument completely but you cannot say it's a lie if we are tied with them. If it's 18:18, IMO both clubs have the right to call themself "most successful clubs in the World", or am I wrong?

For me it's logical, if two chess players share 1st place of a tournament they both are champions. Maybe they cannot call themself winners, but champions for sure.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 10 2009, 12:19 AM) *
I understand your argument completely but you cannot say it's a lie if we are tied with them. If it's 18:18, IMO both clubs have the right to call themself "most successful clubs in the World", or am I wrong?

No, you're pretty right. smile.gif Only if Boca wins their 19th title, then it'll be technically wrong for us!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 9 2009, 10:25 PM) *
No, you're pretty right. smile.gif Only if Boca wins their 19th title, then it'll be technically wrong for us!

I'm afraid it doesn't count domestic titles, or else Juve would be leading the pack biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 10 2009, 12:40 AM) *
I'm afraid it doesn't count domestic titles, or else Juve would be leading the pack

They just can't. smile.gif Otherwise it would be hard to top Madrid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.