AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 08/09
Pages: 1, 2, 3
m1ke
Cremonese vs Milan
Stadio Giovanni Zini - 23/06/08
Photos
Videos
Jack Sparrow
It's coming on Milan Channel is it? Of course I don't have it. rolleyes.gif So once again I'm dependent on the generosity of Milanfan members for highlights etc.

I want to see both Darmian and Antonini get a full 90 mins, as well as Borriello and Abate.
Tennie
96.gif 96.gif 96.gif So....today's training has taken place (been a while since I've done those).

Training began at 5.30 on the external field in Carnago in front of a good number of fans who came to watch the training. Warmup saw the players doing traditional exercises for about 10 minutes. FOllowing this there was a technical exercise in pairs. The second phase of training saw the team divided in two groups who worked on ball possession drills and one-touch drills. Training ended in a defense v attack drill with Kalac in one goal and Abbiati in the other. Dida trained separately. Tomorrow training will start at 5.30 on the external field so fans can have the chance to watch.

Tennie
So, today's morning training has taken place (they're on 2-a-day training).

There were exercises on abs and suchlike for the first half an hour. Janku arrived at Milanello to a round of applause.

After the first half hour, players divided up into specific work. Most of the players did work in the gym. Kaka did some running and Il Capitano, Oddo, and Kaladze played calcio tennis against Ancelotti, Tassotti, and Galli.

There'll be an afternoon training session as well. 96.gif
Zed.D
No Pato or Ronaldinho? they have left for the Selecao camp?
Tennie
They weren't mentioned by name, zd. Ronaldinho was named as taking part in training on the 18th, however.
kurtsimonw
How come Janku got a round of applause?
Tennie
Presumably because it's his first day back at Milanello. There's an interview with him up on acmilan.com's italian page. He says his knee is recovered and stated that he's eager to play etc etc etc.
Tennie
Today's second training has taken place in front of approximatley 5000 fans.

After warmup, there were drills and then practice of crosses and shots on goal. Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Brocchi (?!?!) and Oddo provided the crosses. Kaka, Pato, Emerson, and Janku did personalized work in the gym.

The last part of training was a mini-game that had Ronaldinho's first goal on an assist from Oddo. 96.gif

han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jul 20 2008, 12:28 PM) *
No Pato or Ronaldinho? they have left for the Selecao camp?

As Tennie mentioned in the updates Ronaldinho was with the team training, I only managed to see the warm ups on milan channel but he looks in good shape. Pato was also there.
jefri91
i wish there was some countdown or something like it was on the website, Im in a different country so i have no idea what time this match will be
Zed.D
Today's second training has taken place in front of approximatley 5000 fans.

Ronaldinho's arrival has completely changed the mood in the red&black half of Milan! hopefully we'll see a more filled San Siro next season compared to last one.
Tennie
This morning's training has taken place.

Players started training at 9.30 with muscular exercises. After warmups, they split up into groups.

One group of players including Kakà, Favalli, Seedorf, Brocchi, Kaladze and Maldini did an exercise similar to hand ball (?). Another group played beach volleyball: Inzaghi, Flamini, Tassotti and Digao versus Bonera, Jankulovski and Oddo.

After this, some players worked on the reduced pitch on a series of 100 meter sprints. Those taking part in this were: Seedorf, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Brocchi, Oddo, Flamini, Bonera, Antonini and Favalli.

Personalized work for Kaka. Il Capitano worked on muscle strengthening exercises in the sand pit, cheered on by a group of fans chanting 'One captain, there's only one captain'.

The keepers trained separately.

Pato and Ronaldinho worked in the gym and will leave tonight for the Brazil olympic team preparation.
Tennie
Today's second training session has taken place. (my translation from acmilan.com's italian page)

Marco Borriello rejoined the team, fresh from his summer holiday (I don't know why his holiday was longer). He was welcomed with a round of applause and shook Ronaldinho's hand.

The afternoon work was more technical-tactical. The players started work with technic practice between obstacles and cones under the attentive gaze of Fillipo Galli. After this, more practice with the ball, running a slalom course with the ball at their feet.

After this was tactical practice, with the team divided into 3 groups: Team Orange included Favalli, Maldini, Kaladze, Bonera and Digao; Team Green included Kakà, Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Aubameyang and Angelilli (he's a primavera player); and Team White included Brocchi, Oddo, Antonini, Flamini and Jankulovski.

Following this was 'attack versus defense' practice and finally the practice game. A team composed of Abbiati, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Oddo, Flamini, Favalli, Digao and Maldini competed against the team composed of Kalac, Brocchi, Seedorf, Jankulovski, Kakà, Bonera, Antonini and Kaladze.

Pato, Emerson and Nesta worked in the gym.

TriniKing_CE
Who is Tassotti ?
...and its strange that Dida didn't train, (or aleast wasn't mentioned)

Anywayz, it would be much appreciated if you guys post up highlights and video streams of the game like you usually do when & if you get a chance.
wink.gif
Tennie
panicsmiley2.gif Trini, I'm shocked. Who is Tassotti?

Mauro Tassotti is Ancelotti's assistant. He's also a former Milan player, having been part of the back line (he was the RB) during the days of Gli Invincibili (along with Baresi, Maldini, and Costacurta). Played 17 years for Milan and is a club legend.

realmad.gif No cookies!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 21 2008, 02:12 PM) *
panicsmiley2.gif Trini, I'm shocked. Who is Tassotti?

Mauro Tassotti is Ancelotti's assistant. He's also a former Milan player, having been part of the back line (he was the RB) during the days of Gli Invincibili (along with Baresi, Maldini, and Costacurta). Played 17 years for Milan and is a club legend.

realmad.gif No cookies!

No i know who he is, I just didn't realise it was him, thaught it was like a family member of his (like a youth player), didn't think he would have taken part in the training session. [physically, atleast] laugh.gif
Tennie
The coaching staff often take part in some aspects of training like the beach volley or calcio tennis. smile.gif I think it was last year that Tassotti got a black eye from an errant ball during a calcio tennis game.
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 21 2008, 06:37 PM) *
Today's second training session has taken place. (my translation from acmilan.com's italian page)

Marco Borriello rejoined the team, fresh from his summer holiday (I don't know why his holiday was longer). He was welcomed with a round of applause and shook Ronaldinho's hand.

The afternoon work was more technical-tactical. The players started work with technic practice between obstacles and cones under the attentive gaze of Fillipo Galli. After this, more practice with the ball, running a slalom course with the ball at their feet.

After this was tactical practice, with the team divided into 3 groups: Team Orange included Favalli, Maldini, Kaladze, Bonera and Digao; Team Green included Kakà, Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Aubameyang and Angelilli (he's a primavera player); and Team White included Brocchi, Oddo, Antonini, Flamini and Jankulovski.

Following this was 'attack versus defense' practice and finally the practice game. A team composed of Abbiati, Inzaghi, Ronaldinho, Oddo, Flamini, Favalli, Digao and Maldini competed against the team composed of Kalac, Brocchi, Seedorf, Jankulovski, Kakà, Bonera, Antonini and Kaladze.

Pato, Emerson and Nesta worked in the gym.

this team is imblance tongue.gif

Mook
Any chance this game will be broadcast online?
han2503
QUOTE (Mook @ Jul 22 2008, 10:09 AM) *
Any chance this game will be broadcast online?

We'll know on the match day. There are numerous sites that povide links for matches online

This is the one I usually use my p2p
Mook
Yeh I use that one too mate. But it wasn't in the listing last time I checked.
Tennie
This morning's training has taken place.

After warmup, players did drills against tall obstacles. Following that, they were divided into two groups. One part took part in a 4 v 4 beach volley game and the other worked on reactivity exercises. Following that was work dedicated to aerobic strengthening at incriments, except for Il Capitano who worked on separate exercises and Pippo and Kaka who worked in the gym after the beach volleyball game.

There'll be a second training session this afternoon.
han2503
QUOTE (Mook @ Jul 22 2008, 10:34 AM) *
Yeh I use that one too mate. But it wasn't in the listing last time I checked.

Maybe they'll list it tomorrow unsure.gif
Tennie
There's apparently going to be a Carletto pre-match press conference posted fairly soon, but the ticker on acmilan.com's Italian page has just posted the following starting lineup for the Cremonese game:

Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Brocchi, Flamini, Osuji; Seedorf, Antonini; Inzaghi.

(Osuji is a primavera player)
Tennie
A very chatty press conference today from Carletto. Herewith is my translation of the original on acmilan.com's italian page (apologies in advance for errors in translation and typos, did this very quickly):

Milan is finally ready to take the pitch, even if it's only with a week of preparation in their legs. Some elements of the squad are absent while others aren't ready to play in the first friendly (tomorrow against Cremonese), but Carlo Ancelotti knows he can count on the group that in these days has worked well in training. Here are the subjects covered by the coach in his press conference.

"It's been a regular week of work without major surprises. The only one to pick up a slight knock has been Alessandro Nesta, who should be all right next week. Tomorrow we'll close the first week of training with the friendly against Cremona, where the starting lineup will be: Kalac, Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli, Brocchi, Flamini, Osuji, Seedorf, Antonini and Inzaghi. On the bench will be: Abbiati, Digao, Gianola, Strasser, Angelilli and Aubameyang. Tomorrow, Maldini won't play, he working separately and Dida is doing well but is also following a separate preventative training program so that last year's physical problems don't repeat themselves.

A moment in the conference was dedicated to comments on the new arrivals: "Flamini is doing well. He's a dynamic player strong and capable of doing well in defense as well as in attack. I consider him a very good buy but not only because of what I've seen in these last days; also because of his performances last year. He's got experience and the right motivations. Ronaldinho, on the other hand, seemed a bit timid, he's just arrived. He's a bit out of condition because of not having played a competitive match in 4 months. Because of this, the Olympics could be good for him in the sense that he'll regain match fitness. He's surely suffered during th elast four months and because of this he's very motivated and wants to show who he still is."

The general situation of the squad was then analyzed, but apart from that there were some questions regarding one of the players whose name is on everyone's lips, Kaka: "All the players are motivated from his arrival and even Kaka can use the situation to improve his performances. Ricky is following standard preparation, he's recovered well from his injury and operation. The voices of the market don't distract him...I see him even more content because being appreciated is a positive signal."

On other subjects, Carlo Ancelotti said: "Borriello returned in advance of some teammates, yes. For him, I think it'll be a very important season to conform the good he did last year. In his two previous adventures here at Milan, perhaps he was undervalued: this time he'll show his quality and will play in place of some other elements. Seedorf I will use, in one of three attacking roles, but it's clear that there may be necessities that could move him to the midfield." Regarding Seedorf and the jersey number and Ronaldinho's choice: "Ronaldinho respected the hierarchy of the new group in which he's entered, as it is natural he should. Certainly for him the issue was also tied to image rights. I was raised in a football in which one was tied to a jersey and not to a number."

On the squad in general: "It's a Milan that's well prepared for the season to come. We're covered in all roles with a good defender having arrived, with an experienced player in the midfield and with a phenomenon in attack. Our philosophy isn't changing. Also for the preparation: there have bene soem modifications and changes related to various exercises in training, but nothing else. We want to play well and put on a show. It won't be easy but the conditions to do it are there. The important thing is to put together the pieces."

Here are the coach's thoughts regarding Inter's preparations: "Yes, Mourinho started with different exercises involving work with the ball. It's a method that could be interesting and that I'd like to learn about. I think that each of us has something new to bring to the world of football. The only thing is that he who coaches can't bring himself up to date if not going to see the methods of others. Some years ago in Geneva there was talk of being able to make some sort of exchange, but it's always difficult to organize that sort of thing."

TriniKing_CE
'Some years ago in Geneva there was talk of being able to make some sort of exchange, but it's always difficult to organize that sort of thing.'

Anyone knows what Carlo is reffering to here? unsure.gif

Btw thanks for the translation, wasn't too bad at all!
Zed.D
Wow. thanks for the translation.
dst
"Ronaldinho respected the hierarchy of the new group in which he's entered, as it is natural he should."

He's a step closer to me liking him.

I was raised in a football in which one was tied to a jersey and not to a number."

... sleep.gif sadly those days are long gone...
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Jul 22 2008, 07:01 PM) *
He's a step closer to me liking him.

YOU're a step closer to liking him wink.gif I don't think he has changed. with the exception of one season, he's always been a good-tempered and modest guy, with a trademark smile on his face. he would've never forced his way to the #10.
Tennie
(from the ticker on acmilan.com's italian page)

MILANO - Ecco i giocatori e i rispettivi numeri di maglia per l'incontro amichevole di domani contro la Cremonese [here are the players and the respective jersey numbers they'll wear for the friendly tomorrow against Cremonese]: Kalac numero 16, Oddo 2, Bonera 25, Kaladze 4, Favalli 19, Osuji 28, Brocchi 32, Flamini 24, Antonini 14, Seedorf 10, Inzaghi 9. Giocatori in panchina: Abbiati 12, Gianola 15, Digao 31, Strasser 30, Angelilli 26, Aubameyang 33.

hm. Perhaps this is a hint of things to come.
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Jul 22 2008, 08:17 PM) *
Anyone knows what Carlo is reffering to here?

He was referring to having the different coaches bounce off ideas and share their techniques with one another. read.gif Can't see that happening in my lifetime, though, too much competition between the clubs and the top coaches. On a lower level, maybe. Then again, it's quite a task sharing your secrets of trade if you're a successful coach.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 22 2008, 05:07 PM) *
(from the ticker on acmilan.com's italian page)

MILANO - Ecco i giocatori e i rispettivi numeri di maglia per l'incontro amichevole di domani contro la Cremonese [here are the players and the respective jersey numbers they'll wear for the friendly tomorrow against Cremonese]: Kalac numero 16, Oddo 2, Bonera 25, Kaladze 4, Favalli 19, Osuji 28, Brocchi 32, Flamini 24, Antonini 14, Seedorf 10, Inzaghi 9. Giocatori in panchina: Abbiati 12, Gianola 15, Digao 31, Strasser 30, Angelilli 26, Aubameyang 33.

hm. Perhaps this is a hint of things to come.

Zambrotta should be given the #2 imo, I like Flamini's #24
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:25 PM) *
Zambrotta should be given the #2 imo, I like Flamini's #24

yea agree with u there marco shall have 11
kurtsimonw
I think Zambrotta will have #11.
nuh
oddo has #2 now soo yeah it seems like zambrotta will have #11
jefri91
I can't find the match on Myp2p ..
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 22 2008, 03:06 PM) *
He was referring to having the different coaches bounce off ideas and share their techniques with one another. read.gif Can't see that happening in my lifetime, though, too much competition between the clubs and the top coaches. On a lower level, maybe. Then again, it's quite a task sharing your secrets of trade if you're a successful coach.

Ohh i see...yea i agree i dont think that is likely to happen either.
jefri91
game highlights plz
arivanjj
Osuji smile.gif
han2503
anybody know the time of kick off?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 23 2008, 10:34 AM) *
anybody know the time of kick off?

i think it is 19:30 gmt
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (nuh @ Jul 22 2008, 10:43 PM) *
oddo has #2 now soo yeah it seems like zambrotta will have #11

oddo will be 44 when season starts
F355 EDK
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 23 2008, 10:40 AM) *
oddo will be 44 when season starts

I dont think so. either freindly squads lines up numbered 1-11 or they wear the number that they will have for the season fm
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (F355 EDK @ Jul 23 2008, 10:53 AM) *
I dont think so. either freindly squads lines up numbered 1-11 or they wear the number that they will have for the season fm

i think number are submitted later on that is also what happens on football manager biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Jul 23 2008, 11:01 AM) *
i think number are submitted later on that is also what happens on football manager biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

But yes they are submitted later on, these are not the official squad numbers, I think Ronaldinho's is the only definate one, apart from the players that already have their usual numbers.

Maybe Flamini has already chosen and Oddo asked for the #2 now that it's been vacated...
weeeow
what time will the game be?
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (weeeow @ Jul 23 2008, 01:49 PM) *
what time will the game be?

17:30
Tennie
The game is on at 18.30 Milan time (17.30 UK time). It's being broadcast live on Mediaset Premium (channel Calcio24) and will be rebroadcast on MilanChannel at 20.30 Milan time.

There was light training today, warmups, stretching, sprints, etc. Dida worked in the sand pit, Kaka and Borriello worked on speed sprints, and Tassotti supervised gym work for Pippo, Emerson, and Nesta.
rjpado
so where can we watch this online?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.