Inter - Siena
Juventus - Catania
Livorno - Torino
Napoli - Milan
Palermo - Sampdoria
Reggina - Empoli
Roma - Atalanta
Udinese - Cagliari

Can mathematically clinch, but winning at Napoli isn't easy. Forza Milan!
kurtsimonw
No messing around now. A must win, anything less than 3 points here is totally unacceptable, as is not qualifying for the CL.
Zed.D
+1

Tricky game but if we play like we did today, another 5-2 is on the cards cool.gif
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 4 2008, 10:15 PM)
+1

Tricky game but if we play like we did today, another 5-2 is on the cards cool.gif

if we play like today they wont score those 2 goals.... pato to start this one i hope along with pippo as pirlo is suspended lets hope we win this one and voila drop points so in the finale there is nthing to play for and we can start with gila and those who will leave to say farewell
Tennie
The San Paolo is a notoriously difficult place to play --- they were sold out even when Napoli were in Serie B. The Napoli fans are very devoted (though 17 fewer of them will be in attendance next weekend most likely; they were arrested for trying to attack the Roma bus after today's game).

That said, Milan doesn't have a painfully bad record there, though it goes back to when Napoli were playing in Serie A. Van Basten got 4 goals in one game. smile.gif

Milan can't screw this one up. They've got to go out and put in the same sort of performance that they did today. And they have to do without Pirlo too; he picked up a yellow and will miss the game. Not sure if anyone from Napoli will be missing.
Rossoneri7
Milan should play it safe.

Of all the players, Maldini will be reminiscing on the side lines. Ah well, It wont be an easy match. Napoli vs Milan comes on a wave of a lot of history.

Still I am hopeful .. a two goal difference just to keep things safe.

As for the lineup .. two upfront king.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ May 5 2008, 12:47 AM)
if we play like today they wont score those 2 goals....  pato to start this one i hope along with pippo as pirlo is suspended lets hope we win this one and voila drop points so in the finale there is nthing to play for and we can start with gila and those who will leave to say farewell

Good one laugh.gif
Tennie
For Napoli, Blasi and Santacroce will serve 1 match bans for yellow card accumulation.
CrazyMilanFan
santacroce is one of their main defender rite the young higly rated player
Tennie
Yep. Santacroce is very good. Him not playing is a loss for them.
Darunia
Gazzetta probable lineup:

Inzaghi
Seedorf Kaka
Ambrosini Brocchi Gattuso
Favalli Kaladze Nesta Bonera
Kalac

I wouldn't be surprised if Inzaghi starts up front alone again.. it's been working lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Pato-Inzaghi either, but knowing Carlo... if Favalli can't go then Jankulovski will start, hopefully he's ready. Bonera has been playing solid and will be preferred over Oddo again.
morgoth
Well, some say "we don't change a winning team" biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 4 2008, 04:22 PM)
Gazzetta probable lineup:

Inzaghi
Seedorf Kaka
Ambrosini Brocchi Gattuso
Favalli Kaladze Nesta Bonera
Kalac
I wouldn't be surprised if Inzaghi starts up front alone again.. it's been working lately.  I wouldn't mind seeing Pato-Inzaghi either, but knowing Carlo... if Favalli can't go then Jankulovski will start, hopefully he's ready.  Bonera has been playing solid and will be preferred over Oddo again.

i think janku might start. He played really well. but overall i agree with this lineup. Maybe emerson on bench. Its not the best but we have to play to win. dropping seedorf back and bringing in pato in second half is an absolute must!
han2503
Peronally I would like to see us start with a 2 man attack, especially without Pirlo it will be harder to create chances

Bonera--Nesta--Kala--Janku
---Rino--Ambro--Seedorf---
------------Kaka--------------
--------Pippo--Pato-----------
han2503
Plus with that midfield the Gazzetta is predicting I can't see us actually doing anything, 3 defensive mids against Napoli?? I think that's too much even for Carlo rolleyes.gif Oh wait he's already tried it before my bad
dst
We can beat them... and we will beat them if we show up... I trust we will!
acid911
Just get me a win, in any possible way. And then double that next week, and I'll see you in Rome 2009. cool.gif
Tennie
The players got today off (deservedly after that great win yesterday). Training resumes tomorrow.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 5 2008, 05:26 PM)
The players got today off (deservedly after that great win yesterday). Training resumes tomorrow.

biggrin.gif They did not get it because of the win, there's (almost) always a day off after the last game and before the next one when there's only one game per week.
Tennie
Haha. True enough, dst, but this time they actually deserve the day off. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 5 2008, 07:26 PM)

Gee, you almost come across as someone who works for Milan Lab, Tenn. Thanks for keeping us updated. smile.gif
Tennie
Haha. Thanks, Acid, but I'd be useless at Milan Lab - unless they need someone to ogle Nesta. smile.gif

(The training information appears on acmilan.com's italian page, usually at around 17.00, Milan time).
acid911
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 5 2008, 08:30 PM)
Haha. Thanks, Acid, but I'd be useless at Milan Lab - unless they need someone to ogle Nesta.

Hehe, yeah, he can use some ogling. The man was immense yesterday. His sliding tackle on Suazo, the countless clearings, solid defense, even came forward a few times. Can't ask much from a defender. He's the heir of Maldini after all, similar build, similar style. Not quite the standards of God himself, but none to shabby either. Even my English friends term him as probably the best CB in the world. cool.gif

I still can't believe how we got him from Lazio! Don Silvo at his best.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 5 2008, 11:25 AM)
Plus with that midfield the Gazzetta is predicting I can't see us actually doing anything, 3 defensive mids against Napoli?? I think that's too much even for Carlo rolleyes.gif Oh wait he's already tried it before my bad

laugh.gif
mishie
Napoli at home is always a tough game and very hostile (big time scary moment there!)
but we know what we need to do and we have some from so i predict a 1-2 win and a firm grip on 4th place!!

forza milan!
Tennie
Today's training has taken place.

Lots and lots of work with the ball today: one on ones, mini-games without keepers, mini-games with keepers, etc. Pato and Gilardino scored nice goals in the practice game.

Il Capitano and Dida are still hurt. sad.gif

Inzaghi, Bonera, Gattuso, Seedorf and Kalac did specific work to make a good start to the work in advance of Napoli-Milan.

(posting this in the correct match thread now)
Warchant
i will not be watching this game

we will win.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 6 2008, 09:03 PM)
i will not be watching this game

we will win.

hehe ... devil.gif tongue.gif
Bluesummers
we have to win. There is no excuse anymore. I hope fio slip up again or tie at least.

my line up

same on as inter game with janku replacing favalli and brocchi in for pirlo. yes 3dms. now is not the time to alter our style of play. Kaka and seedorf are more than enough to dictate the attack and score. i just hope inzaghi is still on form.
Darunia
I could see this be high-scoring... for both teams. Hopefully 3-2 for Milan
Minami
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 5 2008, 12:43 PM)
Just get me a win, in any possible way. And then double that next week, and I'll see you in Rome 2009. cool.gif

so cl 2009 is in roma?? I didn't even know that it is fixed yet...

thanks for the info mate wink.gif wink.gif

as for the game against napoli. i hope we'll be with 2 upfront and show them that we're still as good as against inter . something like 2:1 would be great but as long as fiore loose, it's great smile.gif
Tennie
The San Paolo isn't a friendly place for opposing teams. That said, Milan have gotten good wins there before and Napoli IS without Santacroce. It's a bigger hit than it would be to most teams, because Napoli usually lines up 3-4-3 or 3-5-2.

Might not be a bad idea to play a 4-3-1-2 for this one though....the Xmas Tree has been doing really well and I wouldn't want to jinx that.
CrazyMilanFan
they have blasi also suspended he is considered as an important player to them aswell if i am not wrong?
Tennie
^^ Yep. Blasi is suspended. Also, Zalayeta is on the injured list and that dents their strike capabilities.

(Also of note but not related to this particular game is the fact that Toto Di Natale is 'diffidati' -- which means that he'll be suspended for the Udinese game if he picks up a yellow this Sunday).
acid911
QUOTE (Minami @ May 7 2008, 01:26 AM)
so cl 2009 is in roma?? I didn't even know that it is fixed yet...

Yup. And considering we tend to do well in Europe in odd years (2003, 2005, 2007), I've got high hopes for the final in Rome. devil.gif
Tennie
The Stadio San Paolo is sold out for the game. 96.gif
Habitant
we must win both games that we have left or we wont make 4th.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 7 2008, 01:21 AM)
The Stadio San Paolo is sold out for the game.  96.gif

Wow! it is no small stadium.
I fear they want revenge for that [cry.gif] humiliation...
Tennie
There were two training sessions today. The first session was individualized work in small groups. The second session included defensive drills, possession drills, and a practice game.

Dida, Il Capitano, and Favster trained in the gym.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Janku FINALLY starting this one.
dst
I hope we leave Napoli with all 3 points and a contract agreement with Hamsik in the bag... sleepysmiley03.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 7 2008, 11:48 AM)
I hope we leave Napoli with all 3 points and a contract agreement with Hamsik in the bag...  sleepysmiley03.gif

Ahahaha - a little hopeful won't u say?!
LOL laugh.gif
anyway - i wont mind if it was to be so
...and i most definitely want the 3 points as well
(and no more injuries or suspensions) blink.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ May 7 2008, 09:48 AM)
Hamsik

The closest thing to Pirlo in Serie A. I don't think Napoli will let him go at any cost though(at least nothing Milan would be willing to pay). Napoli have a vision for the future and Hamsik is one one their main backbones along with Santacroce and maybe Lavezzi too.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 7 2008, 08:52 PM)
The closest thing to Pirlo in Serie A. I don't think Napoli will let him go at any cost though(at least nothing Milan would be willing to pay). Napoli have a vision for the future and Hamsik is one one their main backbones along with Santacroce and maybe Lavezzi too.

and Gargano. That is a very good backbone for a team. I must congratulate Napoli's transfer guru for bringing them all.

I hope to see a world class Napoli side in the future, like the good old days
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 7 2008, 11:52 PM)

All true.

QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ May 8 2008, 12:43 AM)
I must congratulate Napoli's transfer guru for bringing them all.

I hope to see a world class Napoli side in the future, like the good old days

We should be doing the same. Maybe this guy wants double the money he gets!?? biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 7 2008, 06:01 PM)
We should be doing the same. Maybe this guy wants double the money he gets!?? biggrin.gif

Oh yeah! smile.gif

Could you explain this... I am a bit uncertain! innocent.gif unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 8 2008, 01:39 AM)
Could you explain this... I am a bit uncertain! innocent.gif  unsure.gif

We can lure their sporting director away by paying him double what he gets now and I'd like to see a great Napoli again! What exactly did you think of? dry.gif biggrin.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ May 7 2008, 07:19 PM)
We can lure their sporting director away by paying him double what he gets now and I'd like to see a great Napoli again! What exactly did you think of? dry.gif biggrin.gif

Well now that i know what u mean't reading it over, it makes complete sense.
I honestly don't know why i didn't catch on the first time reading it! blink.gif
acid911
Anyhoo, the good bit is that from all the interviews I've read after our Inter match, everyone from Paloschi to Ambrosini (and everything in between) has been saying that the destiny is in our hands. It's up to the team to go out an win the remaining matches. Which is every bit true. A slip up here, and fortune might not be so benevolent again.

So all in all, it's good to see the team willing to give their all for these two matches. smile.gif

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 8 2008, 04:31 AM)
I honestly don't know why i didn't catch on the first time reading it!

No worries. Always happens! laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^ especially with dst.

What he does is he'll make this totally meaningless post. And once you complain....go back edit it to make sense and say.. 'Whatcho talkin about Gary?'. Needless to say you'll go back re-read and think you were a little slow at first.

Naughty naughty Pana! We're on to you.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 8 2008, 08:42 AM)
^^^ especially with dst.
What he does is he'll make this totally meaningless post. And once you complain....go back edit it to make sense and say.. 'Whatcho talkin about Gary?'. Needless to say you'll go back re-read and think you were a little slow at first.

Naughty naughty Pana! We're on to you.

laugh.gif huh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.