AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Darunia
Serie A 2007/08 - Week 22

Milan vs. Livorno

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

20:30 (IT)

Our last game in hand!

Nesta will be rested. Maldini too most likely. I still can't believe Gourcuff can't get a start. Maybe he will against Parma, b/c starters will be rested.

Maybe something like this:

Kalac
Oddo-Bonera-Kaladze-Jankulovski(Favalli)
Brocchi-Pirlo-Ambrosini
Seedorf
Gilardino-Ronaldo
Tennie
In his postmatch comments, Carletto said that Paloschi may play part of this game. If he does, maybe he'll keep his perfect record of a goal a game. 96.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 10 2008, 06:49 PM)
In his postmatch comments, Carletto said that Paloschi may play part of this game. If he does, maybe he'll keep his perfect record of a goal a game.  96.gif

Whether or not he plays on Wed., according to Carlo there are no immediate long-term plans for Palo to stay on the side, as he'll be sent back to the youth ranks.
Jack Sparrow
^^

Well yeah...it's a very Italian thing to do.. biggrin.gif A 24 year old can be a youngster only in Italy. laugh.gif
dst
I hope we do something about the defense. Our function in that department was terrible against Siena and we were terribly lucky not to concede!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 11 2008, 11:01 AM)
I hope we do something about the defense. Our function in that department was terrible against Siena and we were terribly lucky not to concede!

Now is the time for Å imić,.. Carlo could field him among with Sergio (LB), Oddo (RB) and Bonera in center. But that won't happen. We'll see the usually confident Bonera-Kaladze pairing,.. blink.gif
m1ke
We'll cement 4th place if we win this - a great physiological boost for team ahead of the Arsenal tie.
Il Capitano
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 11 2008, 03:30 AM)
^^

Well yeah...it's a very Italian thing to do.. biggrin.gif A 24 year old can be a youngster only in Italy. laugh.gif

That's so true 96.gif

According to the gazzetta Ronaldo will start alongside Gilardino but I think Carlo should rest the big man, we can't risk him getting hurt before the arsenal clash.
aLbErTo
kalac
cafu-bonera-simic-jankulovski
brocchi-gourcuff-emerson
serginho
gilardino-paloschi

resting all our major players on wednesday i think...maybe pirlo and seedorf will be included and then rested on saturday...
Tennie
Sounds like Ronie's out altogether for this one. Apparently he got hurt sometime during the first half yesterday, according to reports in the Italian media.
Tennie
In the 'today's training' article on acmilan.com's Italian page, some encouraging news: Gattuso again trained with the team and he was joined by Oddo and (sorry, dst!) Kaladze who had been given rest days after having played for their respective national teams. Paloschi also trained with the senior team.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 11 2008, 02:00 PM)
Sounds like Ronie's out altogether for this one. Apparently he got hurt sometime during the first half yesterday, according to reports in the Italian media.

Now that was unexpected. laugh.gif
misha
I would paly our strongest lin up here, and then rest most of them on saturday ahead of Arsenal. A week is a perfect time to get ready for an important game.
Jack Sparrow
Agree with misha...Might give Andy more than a week though...Just coz. tongue.gif
Tennie
Interesting pre-match press conference today by Carletto. (link)

Highlights:
* Neither Pato nor Kaka will play but they'll both be available in a week (eg against Arsenal).
* Gattuso will return.
* Nesta and Maldini will be rested. Nesta did something to his back in the first half on Sunday; that's why he was subbed off.
* Pirlo and Ambro are doing well and will be available.
* With Ronaldo, it's more a problem of conditioning than of injury. He probably won't play tomorrow, but may be fielded against Parma.
* Seedorf is okay, he's gotten over his ankle knock.
* There may be an occasion tomorrow for Gourcuff. ohmy.gif
* Paloschi will remain with the team next year; the current thinking is to insert him straight into the first team. He's still maturing as a player and the club doesn't want to rush him.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (Tennie @ Feb 12 2008, 01:57 PM)
Interesting pre-match press conference today by Carletto. (link)

Highlights:
* Neither Pato nor Kaka will play but they'll both be available in a week (eg against Arsenal).
* [b]Gattuso will return.[/B]
* Nesta and Maldini will be rested. Nesta did something to his back in the first half on Sunday; that's why he was subbed off.
* Pirlo and Ambro are doing well and will be available.
* With Ronaldo, it's more a problem of conditioning than of injury. He probably won't play tomorrow, but may be fielded against Parma.
* Seedorf is okay, he's gotten over his ankle knock.
* There may be an occasion tomorrow for Gourcuff.  ohmy.gif
* Paloschi will remain with the team next year; the current thinking is to insert him straight into the first team. He's still maturing as a player and the club doesn't want to rush him.

ohmy.gif Gattuso back? What happened to three weeks out?

I am glad to see Paloschi will be staying, i would prefer it if he stays here and plays occasionaly rather than going somewhere like Triestina. Stars like Inzaghi and Ronaldo wont be here forever, so he can pick up some valuable tips from them, both on and off the field
Zed.D
Thanks, Tennie! 96.gif
misha
So seems like almost everybody will be fit to spank Arsenal devil.gif
HasanHasanly
Who actually thinks the Arsenal clash will be that easy?
misha
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Feb 12 2008, 05:08 PM)
Who actually thinks the Arsenal clash will be that easy?

Not easy. But I'm pretty sure of our victory over two games.
Zed.D
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 12 2008, 06:41 PM)
Not easy. But I'm pretty sure of our victory over two games.

That'd be the perfect start to our road to Moscow! but I'm doubtful about defeating Arsenal at the Emirates...
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 12 2008, 05:27 PM)
That'd be the perfect start to our road to Moscow! but I'm doubtful about defeating Arsenal at the Emirates...

Maybe not defeating them at the Emirates, but getting a result over there that would let us to finish them at San Siro.
jefri91
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 12 2008, 03:47 PM)
Maybe not defeating them at the Emirates, but getting a result over there that would let us to finish them at San Siro.

were going to **** them devilsmiley.gif
Tennie
Here are the call-ups (from acmilan.com's italian page):

PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac;
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Oddo, Serginho, Simic;
CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Gattuso 96.gif Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf;
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ronaldo, Paloschi.

For once, all the players listed as strikers...are really strikers. Gosh.
KillerMax
Ancelotti:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Kaladze Favalli
Pirlo
Gattuso Ambrosini
Seedorf
Paloschi Gilardino

Max:

Kalac
Oddo Bonera Simic Kaladze
Pirlo
Gattuso Gourcuff
Seedorf
Paloschi Gilardino

Can you tell the difference?
Jack Sparrow
^^^

Max's formation is too attacking... tongue.gif

But I like this mix and match thing we're doing with Paloschi. See if he can actually play with all our forwards. Hehheh!!
Darunia
I hope Gourcuff and Paloschi get a start! ... leave Ambro or Gattuso on the bench.
aLbErTo
gattuso must not start tomorrow...he's way to important for arsenal clash...ambro will start definitly
Darunia
No Brocchi or Emerson called up... Gourcuff should def get some playing time.

Does Emerson have a knock??
arivanjj
GATUSSOOOOO!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Warchant
AC Milan can move into fourth place in the table if they pick up maximum points in their rearranged Game Day 16 match on Wednesday.

The Rossoneri host Livorno and know that a win would take them a point ahead of Fiorentina who currently occupy the fourth and final Champions League spot.

Coach Carlo Ancelotti is in no doubt what he expects from his team and said: "Our aim this season on the domestic front is to finish fourth and it's a task that we hope to achieve by beating Livorno."

Although Alexandre Pato is still out injured, another 18-year-old, Alberto Paloschi, scored the only goal of the game against Siena on his debut last weekend.

Ancelotti confirmed that the teenager would play some part in proceedings at the San Siro and may even start if Filippo Inzaghi did not recover from his exertions on Sunday, in a partnership with Alberto Gilardino who is available after a one-game suspension.

He said: "If Inzaghi is not ready then Paloschi will start otherwise he is on the bench and Inzaghi is in."

The confidence shown to a player who was only promoted from the youth team after Pato twisted his ankle at Fiorentina, raises questions over Ronaldo's future.

The Brazilian has not been named in the squad although Ancelotti claimed it was so the striker could undergo some extra training ahead of Saturday's fixture at Parma.
han2503
Hopefully Yoann will get some time

Imo our best bet would be to try this out

Oddo--Bonera--Kala--Favalli
----Ambro---Pirlo--Yoann----
-------------Seedorf-----------
--------Paloschi--Gila---------

Try to get an early goal and close the game off with a second goal as soon as possible.

I think Gila and Polaschi won't have any trouble playing with eachother, Paloschi is not a pure in box striker like Gila and I think they will adapt their game with eachoter's very easily. Hopefully Gila will score his first goal in the San Siro in Serie A which is pretty strange that he's only managed to score goals away from home in the league

Seedorf needs to play in that hole between the strikers, that 4-4-2 system has never worked for us and I can't see it working now when we're missing most of our first 11 players. Seedorf will provide the support for the strikers something that we were sevearly laking in the game against Siena

And Rino should come on sometime in the second half to stretch his legs a bit, because he needs to be rested on Sunday but not be too rusty for the game against Arsenal, so about 30 minutes in this game should do him good
august_milan
i dont think we should risk playing gauttso, mabe agaist parma to let him run around for a couple minutes but deff not worth riskin in my opinion....plus carlo doesnt usually field players fresh off injurys unless there badly needed, we have many players to play there. must say im suprised not to see emerson and brocchi in the line up...more so emerson cuz he didnt play last game where as brocchi picked up a knock in the last game....hopefully gourcuff gets to play instead of serginho who really did nothing for us last game.
Tennie
Here's Controcampo's probable formation:

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Gilardino, Paloschi

And here's goal.com's:

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Seedorf; Paloschi, Gilardino

Looks like there's general agreement. smile.gif
whoarethepatriots
That line up looks pretty good. Gila at least has a partner to play with
Darunia
If Rino starts.. hope Gourcuff replaces him at HT to limit his minutes.
sansiro1708
doubt rino will start
aLbErTo
QUOTE (august_milan @ Feb 13 2008, 01:30 AM)
i dont think we should risk playing gauttso, mabe agaist parma to let him run around for a couple minutes but deff not worth riskin in my opinion....plus carlo doesnt usually field players fresh off injurys unless there badly needed, we have many players to play there. must say im suprised not to see emerson and brocchi in the line up...more so emerson cuz he didnt play last game where as brocchi picked up a knock in the last game....hopefully gourcuff gets to  play instead of serginho who really did nothing for us last game.

sergio was the best player on the pitch until carlo subed him...he and janku look great on the left side, you must know that sergio is still are best crosser after pirlo
Zed.D
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Feb 13 2008, 04:02 AM)
That line up looks pretty good. Gila at least has a partner to play with

I'm not sure if Palo can support Gila. from what I've seen, their style of play is very similar...
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 13 2008, 10:10 AM)
I'm not sure if Palo can support Gila. from what I've seen, their style of play is very similar...

They did look bad when they played together in the Coppa game. It can't be worse than Pippo-Gila anyway...
weeeow
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 13 2008, 02:43 PM)
They did look bad when they played together in the Coppa game. It can't be worse than Pippo-Gila anyway...

Gila-Pippo is... disaster!

I think it's better we play with a lone striker [Gila] and if he failed, sub him with Paloschi... their combination is not a good idea imo.
Jack Sparrow
Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti talked about Ronaldo's condition and the race for fourth place in Serie A.

Carlo Ancelotti looked back on last weekend's 1-0 home victory over Siena, a match during which Ronaldo did not seem to be in a very good physical condition.

The Milan coach explained the Brazilian's situation as follows: "On Sunday he was not in a very good shape to play, if I'd had other options he would not have played.

"Putting [match-winner Alberto] Paloschi in from the first minute seemed excessive, I did not want to put too much pressure on him," he said.

"On Sunday I appreciated Ronie's effort, despite the fact that he was not doing so well. If Ronaldo gets back to his best condition, his contract will be extended. He has physical problems because of a long series of injuries."

With Kaká and Alexandre Pato out injured and Filippo Inzaghi still recovering from an injury, Milan are experiencing another alarming shortage of options up front.

"Now we have Inzaghi back, Kaká and Pato will be back within a week. At the moment we can afford not to have Ronaldo in his best condition," he continued.

Tomorrow Milan will have the chance to get back in fourth place if they beat Livorno, and Ancelotti underlined the importance of achieving that objective: "Getting into fourth place now could be an advantage, but we know that it will be battle until the end, we are facing some great opponents."
dst
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 13 2008, 02:26 PM)
Gila-Pippo is... disaster!
I think it's better we play with a lone striker [Gila] and if he failed, sub him with Paloschi... their combination is not a good idea imo.

Oops my mistake, I meant Paloschi and Gila looked comfortable together in the Coppa. I think they should start, Gila upfront alone is not going to get us anywhere!
Zed.D
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 13 2008, 05:02 PM)
Oops my mistake, I meant Paloschi and Gila looked comfortable together in the Coppa. I think they should start, Gila upfront alone is not going to get us anywhere!

I have not seen them play together. maybe they do well together; we'll see tonight.
han2503
^^^^

I thought they played well enough together in the coppa, but you also have to take into account that we were playing a weakened team and Gila and Paloschi had practically no support.

And Gila did set up his goal
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 13 2008, 05:13 PM)
^^^^

I thought they played well enough together in the coppa, but you also have to take into account that we were playing a weakened team and Gila and Paloschi had practically no support.

And Gila did set up his goal

Then there is enough reason to be optimistic about reaching the 4th place tonight!
han2503
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 13 2008, 01:55 PM)
Then there is enough reason to be optimistic about reaching the 4th place tonight!

Hopefully. I'm just praying that the team doesn't come out there with the intention to jog around a bit and then go and take a shower. If that's the case then they shouldn't bother to come out in the first place
Nova
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Feb 13 2008, 09:10 AM)

Its not Palo's job to support Gila you know. Gila's lack of scoring goals wasnt only because of less service , in the end he just couldnt control a ball , let alone score.

Now i read he was expecting to be called up for the Portugal game cause of his 2 goals ... unsure.gif
Portman
We'll get the 3 points tonight.

2-0. Gilardino double.

Forza ragazzi!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.