Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 06/11/2007 - UCL - Shakhtar vs Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Zed.D
Many people think the CL's where we belong... but I'm going for a surprise win for Shakhtar. unless we have Ronaldo up front, which is not likely to happen.
Rossoneri7
1-3 away win for Milan smile.gif

Shakhtar is not an easy opponent, but Milan will be up for it.
Portman
A home win or a tie.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 4 2007, 02:19 AM)
1-3 away win for Milan smile.gif

Shakhtar is not an easy opponent, but Milan will be up for it.

Remember there's no Janku and Oddo. and Cafu [who played a full match tonight] will be too exhausted to run after Shakhtar players' @sses over 90 minutes. the same goes for the other players, too.
The two-day interval between these two matches is not sufficient for recovery at all, especially now the players are let down.

We will be lucky to grab a point over there...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 4 2007, 02:07 AM)
Remember there's no Janku and Oddo. and Cafu [who played a full match tonight] will be too exhausted to run after Shakhtar players' @sses over 90 minutes. the same goes for the other players, too.
The two-day interval between these two matches is not sufficient for recovery at all, especially now the players are let down.

aha ... 1-3 For Milan devil.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 4 2007, 02:46 AM)
aha  ... 1-3 For Milan devil.gif

OK! whatever you say biggrin.gif
arivanjj
please Ronaldo... goodheart.gif cry.gif
Darunia
Tie =/
kurtsimonw
I can't see us winning. Eastern European teams are very hard to beat on their own turf. If Celtic can't win there, neither can we. 2-1 to the Ukrainians.
dst
We will this one or concede late in the game and draw.
redbabies
0-2
redbabies
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 4 2007, 12:07 AM)
Remember there's no Janku and Oddo. and Cafu [who played a full match tonight] will be too exhausted to run after Shakhtar players' @sses over 90 minutes. the same goes for the other players, too. The two-day interval between these two matches is not sufficient for recovery at all, especially now the players are let down.

Bonera will play ar RB (better than Cafu in defence), while Sergio at LB.
jefri91
We just tied a game at home. Milan is hungry as hell for a win. This is ours 3-0 atleast
Jack Sparrow
We just tied a game at home. Milan is hungry as hell for a win. This is ours 3-0 atleast

laugh.gif To see the silver lining in the clouds is very commendable. But f@ck man...ur talking as if the Ukraine is El Dorado.

Shakthar are gonna play physical, they'll play Empoli style. They think they've got the players to beat us down, and kill us on the counter. Group stage match, only the points matter, this is what they'll do.

No yoann for this one. But I would play every one else. Maybe put in a 3-5-2.
Ry4n
SHAKHTAR-MILAN: THE ROSSONERI'S CALLED-UP PLAYERS
11/4/2007
MILANELLO - These are the 22 Rossoneri players called-up by Carlo Ancelotti ahead of Tuesday evening's game against Shakhtar Donetsk:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Fiori;
DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic;
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf;
ATTACKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ronaldo, Kakà
redbabies
Called up players for this match:

Dida, Kalac, Fiori; Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic; Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf; Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ronaldo king.gif , Kakà.
Tennie
Well.

We've got Oddo back, Il Capitano will probably play since he's called up and that brazilian Ari likes so much was called up.

Should be interesting. smile.gif
Minami
I going for a 3:1 for us

Ronaldo is back and that should give us some certainty to score!!!

Can't wait to see him back on the pitch devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Minami
I'm going for a 3:1 for us

Ronaldo is back and that should give us some certainty to score!!!

Can't wait to see him back on pitch devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

Our defence is also not that bad, so let's see.
Jack Sparrow
Yes I heard you the first time...tongue.gif

* Sorry*
Zed.D
QUOTE (redbabies @ Nov 4 2007, 05:54 PM)
Called up players for this match:

Dida, Kalac, Fiori; Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic; Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf; Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ronaldo  king.gif , Kakà.

Wow. O Fenomeno's back! what a fvcking boost!! actually this is the first time this season that our squad looks like a European champions' one! only if Marek was there too cry.gif

I said Milan will lose because I thought Ronaldo and Oddo wouldn't make this game, but apparently they will. so I'm going for Milan win!

forza milan devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
Wow. O Fenomeno's back! what a fvcking boost!! actually this is the first time this season that our squad looks like a European champions' one! only if Marek was there too cry.gif

Sergio's a long way from being 6 feet under. Have faith.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 4 2007, 07:15 PM)
Sergio's a long way from being 6 feet under. Have faith.

I have faith in Serginho, In fact I prefer a one-legged Sergio to Favalinho at best. but he's 35 (or 36?), he looked too tired last night and I'm afraid he won't be able to give 100% on Tuesday night.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 4 2007, 06:27 PM)
forza milan  devil.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

U took of ur merda costume dry.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 4 2007, 02:20 PM)
laugh.gif To see the silver lining in the clouds is very commendable. But f@ck man...ur talking as if the Ukraine is El Dorado.

Shakthar are gonna play physical, they'll play Empoli style. They think they've got the players to beat us down, and kill us on the counter. Group stage match, only the points matter, this is what they'll do.

No yoann for this one. But I would play every one else. Maybe put in a 3-5-2.

nah these bitches are going down lol

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Nov 4 2007, 02:22 PM)
SHAKHTAR-MILAN: THE ROSSONERI'S CALLED-UP PLAYERS
11/4/2007
MILANELLO - These are the 22 Rossoneri players called-up by Carlo Ancelotti ahead of Tuesday evening's game against Shakhtar Donetsk:
GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Fiori;
DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic;
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf;
ATTACKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ronaldo, Kakà

GOD DOES EXIST !!!
Jack Sparrow
Yeah...duhhh...he's playing left-centre back.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 4 2007, 08:39 PM)
ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

huh.gif ?!!
Darunia
Dida
Oddo-Nesta-Maldini-Serginho
Gattuso-Pirlo-Seedorf
Kaka
Ronaldo-Gilardino

!!! that lineup would be great, don't know if Ronaldo can play from the start yet.
Jack Sparrow
huh.gif ?!!

Nope...I think this one is rossonero, though he moonlights as a penguin sometimes...some cute girl in Turin.

But then you know all about Juventus girls don't you R7...tongue.gif wink.gif

@ Darunia,

That would have been our old formation, if you'd put Cafu instead of Oddo, and Sheva for Ronaldo. Maybe Pippo in Gila's place.

That was my favourite Milan formation under Carletto. Looks like a 4-3-1-2, but often times, when Nesta-Maldini combo were at their brilliant best, it would be this simply devastating 3-4-1-2(Kala instead of Sergio sometimes) *sigh*....man what a game we used to play then!!
whoarethepatriots
We are playing away, in the champions league, in the midweek

Victory
weeeow
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Nov 4 2007, 07:21 PM)
We are playing away, in the champions league, in the midweek

Victory

LOL devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
arivanjj
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FINALYYYYYYY!!!

Jack Sparrow
I hope Carlo does a Gourcuff with him. tongue.gif

Bring him on last 5 mins, and then since he doesn't score, bench him for the next 10 matches.

It would be great to hang out with ari then!!
arivanjj
yeah well i don't think i'll be sticking around here expressing my grief and sadness. i'll be on the next plane to Milan, destination: Carlo's Crib; with my AK47. .... nothing personal...smile.gif
Nova
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 4 2007, 06:09 PM)
ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

remember when we won the CL last year ? Forza Milan all over the place wink.gif And now ... rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2007, 03:11 PM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

remember when we won the CL last year ? Forza Milan all over the place  wink.gif    And now ...  rolleyes.gif

Called glory hunters biggrin.gif tongue.gif

And it was the same team they cheered for, today they mock. And they call themselves fans. Hypocrits

@Jack ... What Juve girl innocent.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 4 2007, 03:40 AM)
I can't see us winning. Eastern European teams are very hard to beat on their own turf. If Celtic can't win there, neither can we. 2-1 to the Ukrainians.

Celtic are terrible away from home. So I don't see how that is something we should go on

And FINALLY we have Ronaldo back. But I personally can't see him starting this one. If he's not ready for a full 90 minutes I can see him coming later on into the match especially if we're drawing or losing

I think the most probably formation will be

Oddo--Nesta--Kala--Maldini
----Rino---Pirlo---Ambro----
-------Seedorf--Kaka--------
-------------Gila--------------

Ronaldo to come in for Ambro in the second half and switch to a 4-3-1-2

And it's Gila's turn to score another brace in this game since he seems to be doing it in every other game wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
@Jack ... What Juve girl innocent.gif

Well there was this little incident that ended Milan-3 Juve-0. But then you'd have no idea about it now would you? tongue.gif wink.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2007, 06:56 PM)
I think the most probably formation will be

Oddo--Nesta--Kala--Maldini
----Rino---Pirlo---Ambro----
-------Seedorf--Kaka--------
-------------Gila--------------

Maldini as LB? can he handle it?

Why not bench Kala, let Maldini play where he can give 100% (CB) and appoint Sergio for the left?! it's better that way.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 5 2007, 03:55 PM)
Called glory hunters biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

And it was the same team they cheered for, today they mock. And they call themselves fans. Hypocrits

1) who mocked?! we're just worried about how things are going on. from now on, at your command, I won't complain about our results, satisfied?! tongue.gif 2) your position on this issue is not inimitable tbh, it's so easy to sit back, relax and always claim we'll come through these difficult moments. but hey, we people are different from each other. some prefer to show no sign of worries (even if they really are worried) but some people can't. is that a reason for you to call the latter mocking hypocrites?!!! huh.gif ... rethink please!

So please stop this sh1t already! rolleyes.gif thank you biggrin.gif
Minami
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 4 2007, 02:54 PM)
Yes I heard you the first time...tongue.gif

* Sorry*

That was just to make sure it'll come true wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 5 2007, 04:57 PM)
1) who mocked?! we're just worried about how things are going on. from now on, at your command, I won't complain about our results, satisfied?!  tongue.gif 2) your position on this issue is not inimitable tbh, it's so easy to sit back, relax and always claim we'll come through these difficult moments. but hey, we people are different from each other. some prefer to show no sign of worries (even if they really are worried) but some people can't. is that a reason for you to call the latter mocking hypocrites?!!!  huh.gif ... rethink please!

So please stop this sh1t already!  rolleyes.gif thank you  biggrin.gif

I agree 100%.

It'd be like losing at home to some 2nd rate team, the fans will boo and jeer at the end of the game. They're not glory hunters, they're showing their frustration. Just as I, zdr, Porty, bigmac and many others do on this forum.

When someone is passionate about something, they can't help but be sad or whatever by something, it doesn't mean they're wrong or horrible people. Some people just show more frustration/anger than others.
MizNelson
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 5 2007, 07:26 AM)
Celtic are terrible away from home. So I don't see how that is something we should go on

Celtic haven't kept a clean sheet on the road for well over a year, if not longer. When Boruc was in the headlines for his Old Firm flap a few weeks ago, fans took the opportunity to roast him for that.
Jack Sparrow
@kurt- I understand what you're saying, maybe it's that some of us come from that place called - 'Been there done that, sh!thole goes far deeper than this!'

It's just irksome how we keep getting on each other's nerves.
Tennie
Maldini can play LB, sure. I'd rather see him in the center and Kaladze on the left though if we must play that back line (I'd bench Kaladze and play Sergio).

I think we've got on this board a real difference in philosophy and outlook. There are the oldtimers (like me and R7) who have followed Milan for as long as (if not longer than) a good percentage of other posters have been alive. We see things differently than the very enthusiastic young fans do. I think R7 and I would agree that Milan is more than just football. There's a certain class about Milan - even when the team is doing poorly like now - that just is not present at any other team. Milan is also not a team that's going to go for the instant gratification 'we want a title now and we're going to spend a zillion euros to do it' sort of team like Chelsea is. If that's the team you want to follow, then I suggest Milan may not be right for you. Milan takes the long view (ie, PATO). And Milan so far hasn't been proved long in the long view.

That's why it bothers us oldtimers (and makes me want to reach for my fish woobie to hit people with) when there's a constant barrage of team-bashing and general wailing and gnashing of teeth. There's a difference between constructive criticism and 'zomg, they all suck'. The former, I'm all in favor of. The latter - which is all too common right now - I don't bother reading.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 5 2007, 07:57 PM)
1) who mocked?! we're just worried about how things are going on. from now on, at your command, I won't complain about our results, satisfied?!  tongue.gif 2) your position on this issue is not inimitable tbh, it's so easy to sit back, relax and always claim we'll come through these difficult moments. but hey, we people are different from each other. some prefer to show no sign of worries (even if they really are worried) but some people can't. is that a reason for you to call the latter mocking hypocrites?!!!  huh.gif ... rethink please!

So please stop this sh1t already!  rolleyes.gif thank you  biggrin.gif

Stop what ?! Speaking the truth ?? rolleyes.gif

Is it easy to sit back and relax ?! Show signs of worry ?! huh.gif

The f2ck r u saying ?!

Yeah hypocrites !! You said that at the beginning of this season you were all for Milan and now you are against all that you have said rolleyes.gif That's a hypocrite attribute. (oh I forgot Ronaldo got injured rolleyes.gif )

There is a line you would draw between being worried and supporting the team at the same time and completely bashing the team. I am of the former group, worried and supporting the team! Whereas, u choose to bash the team.

Don't let me hold you back wink.gif Go right ahead, but when this very team comes back with the CL trophy and CWC, I would expect ur hypocritical tendencies to react again rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 5 2007, 10:46 PM)
Maldini can play LB, sure. I'd rather see him in the center and Kaladze on the left though if we must play that back line (I'd bench Kaladze and play Sergio).

I think we've got on this board a real difference in philosophy and outlook. There are the oldtimers (like me and R7) who have followed Milan for as long as (if not longer than) a good percentage of other posters have been alive. We see things differently than the very enthusiastic young fans do. I think R7 and I would agree that Milan is more than just football. There's a certain class about Milan - even when the team is doing poorly like now - that just is not present at any other team. Milan is also not a team that's going to go for the instant gratification 'we want a title now and we're going to spend a zillion euros to do it' sort of team like Chelsea is. If that's the team you want to follow, then I suggest Milan may not be right for you. Milan takes the long view (ie, PATO). And Milan so far hasn't been proved long in the long view.

That's why it bothers us oldtimers (and makes me want to reach for my fish woobie to hit people with) when there's a constant barrage of team-bashing and general wailing and gnashing of teeth. There's a difference between constructive criticism and 'zomg, they all suck'. The former, I'm all in favor of. The latter - which is all too common right now - I don't bother reading.

laugh.gif It's been ages, since I had the opportunity to say, what was once my catch phrase.

What 10ster said...exactly what she said!!!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 5 2007, 08:16 PM)

Will you marry me cry.gif cry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Inspite of the fish???

Or because of it???

Oh wait aren't you both from Washington??
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 5 2007, 05:19 PM)
Don't let me hold you back wink.gif Go right ahead, but when this very team comes back with the CL trophy and CWC, I would expect ur hypocritical tendencies to react again rolleyes.gif

It's not being hypocritical.

If we have a bad game, I'm not going to just be "Oh well, you win some, you lose some." To me that's just not passionate, it doesn't even sound like I care. I'm obviously going to be annoted and angry.

When we win, of course I'm going to celebrate and be happy. It's not being a hypocrite, that's football.

And no R7, I'm not accusing you not caring. I think it's clear to us all that you do.

@Jack - irksome - What the hell is that? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 5 2007, 10:56 PM)
It's not being hypocritical.

If we have a bad game, I'm not going to just be "Oh well, you win some, you lose some." To me that's just not passionate, it doesn't even sound like I care. I'm obviously going to be annoted and angry.

When we win, of course I'm going to celebrate and be happy. It's not being a hypocrite, that's football.

And no R7, I'm not accusing you not caring. I think it's clear to us all that you do.

@Jack - irksome - What the hell is that?  tongue.gif

How the F would I know. You people invented the freaking language. tongue.gif

You could ask BMW. With R7 doing a 'Suazo' to me as regards Tennie, I'm putting these kinda words in hoping the hot artist chick will notice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.