Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GK that we should sing!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2, 3
redbabies
I'd go for Amelia in January. But right now Peruzzi would be good.
BoomAM
Ideally imo:
Sell Kalac in Jan, buy Amelia, rotate him and Dida till the end of the season, if Dida improves, keep that setup, if not, sell him, make Amelia first choice, buy Curci as second choice.
Tennie
If I were playing fantasy calcio, I'd say Buffon.

Amelia is a good solution for January, possibly.

If we look abroad, I wouldn't pick Boruc (see his recent league performance in which he had some amazingly bad howlers). I'd suggest looking at Germany, where there are Adler, Rensing, and Neuer (I like Adler best even if he looks like he's 12). There's also CSKA's Akinfeev, who was amazing before his knee injury (which he's not yet back from).

And the Peruzzi story isn't going away so....
dst
Buffon. I don't see why we can't get him if we really want to...

Then Curci and after him, Amelia...
Fillipo Simone
1. Frey
2. The young boys (Adler, Neuer, Akinfeev, Curci)
3. Abbiati
4. Peruzzi

From the following only Peruzzi and Abbiati are realistic for January. All the above played allready CL or are not even near to Milan.

Amelia would probably try to find a new club cause Livorno is on relegation course, but also after season and. And I don't really like him, he is totally overrated,..
redbabies
You guys rate Curci very high. I haven't seem him play except against Man Utd.

Is he better than Doni?
vito_online
First thing to do :
bring abbiati (i prefer see abbiati on bench)
Second:
Put kalac on a basket ball team
Third :
After they can buy who they want...
aLbErTo
you know that milan wont buy a young gk...peruzzi seems like a good option till january when we should return abbiati or buy amelia...
misha
Akinfeev. He could be a very good long term investment. We wasted our chance with Buffon.
Zed.D
^^

Akinfeev does not have much experience. we can't go to the CL games relying on a 20yo or so. but still I think we should sign him for the future!

Amelia definitely my first priority.
redbabies
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 6 2007, 05:10 PM)
^^

Akinfeev does not have much experience. we can't go to the CL games relying on a 20yo or so. but still I think we should sign him for the future!

If we can go to a CL match with Dida, why can't we go with a highly-rated 20yo? biggrin.gif
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 6 2007, 06:10 PM)

What european experience does Amelia(25y.o) has? Akinfeev despite his age (21) already took uefa cup and played few seasons in the CL. Plus he's a regular in the Russian NT.
redbabies
I also think that a great GK should be approx. 190cm. This plays a huge role especially in free-kicks and corners.

Buffon 191 cm
Cech 196
Van Der Sar 197
Dida 195

Frey 185
Casillas 185
Akinfeev 185 (this is why I dont like him very much)
redbabies
BTW, do you know Pablo Carrizo? Is he any good?
Darunia
Lazio tried to sign him but had passport problems...
KillerMax
QUOTE (redbabies @ Oct 6 2007, 01:54 PM)
I also think that a great GK should be approx. 190cm. This plays a huge role especially in free-kicks and corners.

Buffon 191 cm
Cech 196
Van Der Sar 197
Dida 195

Frey 185
Casillas 185
Akinfeev 185 (this is why I dont like him very much)

Although being tall is a definite plus for a GK, I rate Casillias much higher than Van Der Sar and Chech.
redbabies
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 6 2007, 09:26 PM)
Although being tall is a definite plus for a GK, I rate Casillias much higher than Van Der Sar and Chech.

well for me, Buffon and Cech are undisputed best 2 GK's in the world.
KillerMax
QUOTE (redbabies @ Oct 6 2007, 03:06 PM)
well for me, Buffon and Cech are undisputed best 2 GK's in the world.

Buffon? Yes. Number 1. Has been for a long time. Chech? Way overrated.
Rossoneri7
I was looking for Dida ... Since he is not there, the 2nd best Gkeeper in the world; Buffon biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif

I'm not too good at judging goalkeepers. They're either good or bad.

But for me, I'd keep Dida, if we'd just strengthen our defence. Bonera needs to scale up, and those two need to play more together.

Maldini-Nesta was such a strong combo, because they knew each other so well.

For me the back-4 has to be Italian and inviolate(yes..old school)

Tassoti-Baresi-Billy-Paolo *sigh* this was a huge factor.

I think Carlo realises his back 4 is weak, so he's forced to play with an extra DM. It's a new habit he's picked if you remember.

Earlier we had the diamond with Rino playing on the right, Pirlo his usual place, Seedorf down the left-centre, and Kaka/Rui behind Sheva and Pippo.
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 7 2007, 02:09 AM)
I was looking for Dida ... Since he is not there, the 2nd best Gkeeper in the world; Buffon biggrin.gif

If Dida is the best keeper in the world then Gila is the best striker in the world biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 7 2007, 11:55 AM)
If Dida is the best keeper in the world then Gila is the best striker in the world biggrin.gif

hah ! In ur dreams !!!!!!

biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 7 2007, 08:37 AM)
laugh.gif

I'm not too good at judging goalkeepers. They're either good or bad.

But for me, I'd keep Dida, if we'd just strengthen our defence. Bonera needs to scale up, and those two need to play more together.

Maldini-Nesta was such a strong combo, because they knew each other so well.

For me the back-4 has to be Italian and inviolate(yes..old school)

Tassoti-Baresi-Billy-Paolo *sigh* this was a huge factor.

I think Carlo realises his back 4 is weak, so he's forced to play with an extra DM. It's a new habit he's picked if you remember.

Earlier we had the diamond with Rino playing on the right, Pirlo his usual place, Seedorf down the left-centre, and Kaka/Rui behind Sheva and Pippo.

Yes, exactly. On man, we need a good italian defender added. Bonera is Okay, but nothim more then this...
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 7 2007, 10:37 AM)

Italian defense... you'll be surprised to learn that it doesn't make a difference to me! What made the "Alessandro's" stand out was their man-marking... ever since football adopted space covering tactics the magic was gone!! I miss man-marking!!!!!!! cry.gif

That's maybe when Kaladze would be good at... I think he can man-mark! He certainly cannot be a good modern defender! I wish Carlo would give him that role...
I_Rossoneri
Peruzzi is the man. He fits the categories(Free and old) and could sign early because he's out of contract. I bet Galliani's rubbing his hands already.
Zed.D
QUOTE (redbabies @ Oct 6 2007, 08:08 PM)
If we can go to a CL match with Dida, why can't we go with a highly-rated 20yo?  biggrin.gif

ha? biggrin.gif

Well, you're right!

QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 6 2007, 11:04 PM)
What european experience does Amelia(25y.o) has? Akinfeev despite his age (21) already took uefa cup and played few seasons in the CL.  Plus he's a regular in the Russian NT.

At least Amelia has Serie A experience.

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Oct 7 2007, 05:02 PM)
Peruzzi is the man. He fits the categories(Free and old) and could sign early because he's out of contract. I bet Galliani's rubbing his hands already.

sad.gif it really can happen. since our club don't have much plans for the future and just lives with the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Peruzzi in January...
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 7 2007, 04:14 PM)
At least Amelia has Serie A experience.

So what. Which is better than european? Amelia is overrated. Just because he's Italian doesn't make him any better.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 7 2007, 06:05 PM)
So what. Which is better than european?  Amelia is overrated. Just because he's Italian doesn't make him any better.

Right ... They just hype up these players and talk about them, when at best they are average. Maybe they had several good games, but had he shown promise a BIG club would have brought him by now.

Well whatever .. Only the future hides what is in store for him. IMO, he wont reach the status of Dida or Buffon, maybe a level below. But that is just MO.
Zed.D
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 7 2007, 06:35 PM)
So what. Which is better than european?  Amelia is overrated. Just because he's Italian doesn't make him any better.

Well, whatever you say. but I wonder how Amelia, after all the good performances we have seen from him, is overrated, but a 21yo, who has never really played in a major league or competition, isn't... 21 is nothing for a GK. considering that in this position you need A LOT of experience, more than any other position.

Maybe he's Yashin The Second! rolleyes.gif I really don't know him...
sansiro1708
how about dino zoff hes old and is out of contract
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Oct 10 2007, 06:17 AM)
how about dino zoff hes old and is out of contract

In a heart beat wink.gif
Tennie
Well, the Italian press isn't letting the Milan keeper issue go. One of the more gossipy sources is hinting that Milan may make an offer for Fiorentina's Frey in January.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 9 2007, 09:45 PM)
Well, whatever you say. but I wonder how Amelia, after all the good performances we have seen from him, is overrated, but a 21yo, who has never really played in a major league or competition, isn't... 21 is nothing for a GK. considering that in this position you need A LOT of experience, more than any other position.

I've seen Amelia various time play bad as well,..IMO a defender and keeper must be older and with more experience to be great. So, I'd give the advantage to any more experienced decent keeper. Milan never had a real good/great keeper before Dida (not counting Albertosi and the other oldies). We allways had one who is just above the average but confident and has quality.
Jack Sparrow
In a heart beat  wink.gif

For coach? biggrin.gif

But didn't we hear that some sort of agreement had been reached with Amelia or something like that? In the summer that is.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 10 2007, 01:07 PM)
For coach? biggrin.gif

Zoff and Silvio avoid each others ever since the Euro 2000,..
Jack Sparrow
Oh...unsure.gif

Fire Silvio, bring back Zoff king.gif

So what's the issue anyway?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 10 2007, 01:26 PM)
Oh...unsure.gif

Fire Silvio, bring back Zoff king.gif

So what's the issue anyway?

I don't know,..the same night Italy lost the final, he resigned. Silvio criticized him before and after the final, very loudly.

Btw.
Milan, 10 milioni per Viviano
10 10 2007
Il Brescia non scherza mica. Per cedere Emiliano Viviano vuole dal Milan 10 milioni euro. Oltre al già citato Frey, la società rossonera sarebbe sul punto di presentare l'offerta alla squadra lombarda. Il Milan vorrebbe, però, aspettare la prossima estate.

The Italian media reports are linking us with Brescia keeper Viviano. But since Galliani dismissed any chance of signing a new keeper,..
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2007, 06:49 PM)
I don't know,..the same night Italy lost the final, he resigned. Silvio criticized him before and after the final, very loudly.

Silvio publicly called Zoff an idiot! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 10 2007, 06:49 PM)
since Galliani dismissed any chance of signing a new keeper,..

... it is possible! tongue.gif
Tennie
Well, Galliani said no NEW keepers in January. He didn't exclude the possibility of recalling one of the loanees.

The current gossip in the Italian press is that Milan will recall Abbiati in January and sign Frey over the summer.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 10 2007, 05:41 PM)
Well, Galliani said no NEW keepers in January. He didn't exclude the possibility of recalling one of the loanees.

The current gossip in the Italian press is that Milan will recall Abbiati in January and sign Frey over the summer.

Would be fine to me:

Dida - unstable

Abbiati - lost my oversight over him, but saw the Atletico performance (still, if he would play brilliantly there they probably would reject to send him back,..)

Kalac - below average

Storari - not our class as No.1

Fiori - no practice

Coppola - no chance,..
Fillipo Simone
Milan's Goalkeeping Options Revealed

Vice-president Adriano Galliani insists that Dida is going nowhere, but a growing band of AC Milan fans are calling for the Brazilian goalkeeper's head. The Italian media, meanwhile, has wasted no time in gleefully suggesting alternatives...

The Italian media has all but declared Dida persona non grata at the San Siro, suggesting a slew of alternatives for the embattled Brazilian at AC Milan.

Dida could be in line for a FIFA punishment after the unfortunate incident at Celtic Park last week and, coupled with questionable form, that was the last straw for a portion of the rossoneri fanbase.

The Italian press, meanwhile, has stoked the fires of speculation with a series of claims regarding a change in the goalkeeping situation at Milan.

Brescia's Emiliano Viviano is said to be their number-one target, with one source claiming that the Milan side has already made a 7.2 million euro bid for the 21 year old.

However, Brescia supremo Luigi Corioni, keen to play Milan off against other potential suitors - including city rivals Inter - is looking for a figure closer to 12 million.

Livorno's Marco Amelia was linked heavily with Lazio over the summer but Milan could also be interested in the Italian international's services.

Lazio, however, have dropped their interest as they continue to battle with the bureaucrats for the right to sign Argentine-Italian Juan Pablo Carrizo.

As for Milan, as Adriano Galliani said earlier, there is apparently no concrete plan from the Milan hierarchy to change the goalkeeping situation.

"A goalkeeper? We're not signing a new one; we've got too many as it is," he said.

"In addition to Dida, Zeljko Kalac, and Valerio Fiori we also have Marco Storari on loan at Levante, Fernando Coppola with Atalanta and Christian Abbiati at Atletico Madrid."

This remark has led some to believe that one of these three could be subject to a recall. It would almost certainly be Abbiati, who has the most pedigree.

Nonetheless, for now, Dida's number one.
redbabies
Emiliano Viviano ??

Anyone seen him? Heard about him? unsure.gif
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Oct 9 2007, 10:45 PM)

I have seen enough average performances from Amelia and he never played in europe. CL isn't a major competition for you? Akinfeev despite his age already played there few seasons and took uefa cup also. Plus he gained more international experience in games for his NT. I would say it's plenty for a 21 y.o. Amelia at 25 haven't done half of that.
Tennie
A little something to cheer Misha's day:

Le recenti deludenti prestazioni di Dida in maglia rossonera, che dopo la gogna mediatica si è preso anche due giornate di squalifica in Europa, hanno indotto il Milan a cercare un giovane sostituto del portiere brasiliano. Fabio Capello in persona avrebbe suggerito al duo Galliani-Braida il nome del talentuoso Igor Akinfeev (21), estremo difensore del CSKA Mosca, prossimo al rientro in campo dopo un lungo infortunio. Nel caso in cui il portiere dell'Armata Rossa e della nazionale russa non dovesse prendere parte ad alcun match di Champions League, sarebbe utilizzabile in campo europeo già da febbraio.

[Capello has personally recommended to Galliani-Braida that they buy Akinfeev.]

link

*IF* Akinfeev returns from injury showing the same form he had before he got hurt, then he's absolutely Milan quality. This kid is VERY good.
dst
I've only seen the lad play in the UEFA Cup... he was extraordinary! A true "something"...

What's this injury of his? How long has he been out and is it so serious that it could haunt him for the rest of his career!??
Tennie
I think it was a torn knee ligament, or some other knee thing. Not a usual keeper injury at all. He's been out since last spring, I think, but is supposedly close to returning to the pitch.
dst
That's a grave injury... and I think knees are super important for keepers in order to do long jumps, jerks and all that stuff that is they do...

I hope that he's completely over it and that it has not affected him physically.
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 12 2007, 06:59 PM)
A little something to cheer Misha's day:

Le recenti deludenti prestazioni di Dida in maglia rossonera, che dopo la gogna mediatica si è preso anche due giornate di squalifica in Europa, hanno indotto il Milan a cercare un giovane sostituto del portiere brasiliano. Fabio Capello in persona avrebbe suggerito al duo Galliani-Braida il nome del talentuoso Igor Akinfeev (21), estremo difensore del CSKA Mosca, prossimo al rientro in campo dopo un lungo infortunio. Nel caso in cui il portiere dell'Armata Rossa e della nazionale russa non dovesse prendere parte ad alcun match di Champions League, sarebbe utilizzabile in campo europeo già da febbraio.

[Capello has personally recommended to Galliani-Braida that they buy Akinfeev.]

link

*IF* Akinfeev returns from injury showing the same form he had before he got hurt, then he's absolutely Milan quality. This kid is VERY good.

Thanks Tennie. They should listen to him! But ,yes, we should see if he fully recovered.
Rossoneri7
Although it is good that Milana re looking into the option of getting a new keeper. There aren't many out there who are of Dida's caliber. Maybe in a year or so when his contract expires (or as a stand in) .. But Dida will remain our #1 both the management and our captain confirmed this king.gif
KillerMax
So what is this GK song that we should sing?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.