Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 07/08
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Tennie
I'm not watching the game (am following play by play online; I don't get ESPNU) -- the US /does/ seem to be accumulating a lot of cards. What's happening?
Portman
I'm watchin' on Eurosport. Damn it, that Austria goal... rolleyes.gif

Extra-time underway in Towrontow.
Portman
OMG. What a miss by Adu. ohmy.gif
Portman
American player red carded and 1 min after... Austria goal. 2-1. Bit lucky there.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 14 2007, 08:26 PM)
American player red carded and 1 min after... Austria goal. 2-1. Bit lucky there.

Very lucky.

Unfortunately it's finished 2-1. I haven't seen much of the tournement but the US looked pretty good all over the park, except the keeper. He seemed a little unconvincing.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 14 2007, 03:53 PM)
Very lucky.

Unfortunately it's finished 2-1. I haven't seen much of the tournement but the US looked pretty good all over the park, except the keeper. He seemed a little unconvincing.

def wasnt good at all, made too many mistakes...
Warchant
he's actually a good goalie...the conditions make it hard for any goalie...all though his one big miss happened to fall right at an austrian players feet.

imo, the us did not play as good as they did against Brazil and Uruguay. They were playing great until Austria scored their first goal and then they completely lost focus and discipline. it didn't help that the ref was a little to card happy. even if we had one we would've been down 2 of our starters.

sucks they lost, but at least it showed me that we have some real solid players come up through the US system.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 15 2007, 02:06 AM)
sucks they lost, but at least it showed me that we have some real solid players come up through the US system.

I was totally expecting you to be beaten every game, but I would probably say you were the most complete team in the tournement. Or at least the one that impressed me most.

Adu was the most disappointing US player for me, maybe it's just all the hype that surrounds him though. The future could very well be bright for US football.
Portman
Mexico-Argentina today. This one I don't miss. 00.45 GMT Right after the Copa America final...
Warchant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 15 2007, 11:39 AM)
Adu was the most disappointing US player for me, maybe it's just all the hype that surrounds him though. The future could very well be bright for US football.

i think that's everyones problem with Adu...he is a really good player, but everyone thinks he's going to be the next Pele. He just needs to be a good player (which he is) and he will go very far.
Portman
Argentina 2-1 Czech Rep.

Argentina World Champ once again. Aguero, Banega, Zarate...
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Jul 22 2007, 04:16 PM)
Argentina 2-1 Austria.

Argentina World Champ once again. Aguero, Banega, Zarate...

you mean czech rep.?
Portman
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jul 22 2007, 11:42 PM)
you mean czech rep.?

Czech... Austria... big difference. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.