Milan - Udinese

Saturday, 19th of May, 2007

Time: 17:00 (UK), 18:00 (IT)
han2503
CL is assured so let's play the primavera in this one biggrin.gif
dst
Jokes aside, I'd love to see Di Gennaro in this one!! smile.gif
mishie
i agree time to let some youngsters get some experience and have a look for next season but saying that now we have C.L football next season don silvio can now get the cheque book out!!
dst
QUOTE (mishie @ May 13 2007, 06:09 PM)
i agree time to let some youngsters get some experience and have a look for next season but saying that now we have C.L football next season don silvio can now get the cheque book out!!

Well no serious conclusions can come out of one or two matches in my opinion but sure it will help those youngsters gain some confidence!
mishie
QUOTE (dst @ May 13 2007, 03:19 PM)
Well no serious conclusions can come out of one or two matches in my opinion but sure it will help those youngsters gain some confidence!

i agree but in these 1 or 2 games you can judge better than 0 games at all.
and in the position we're in if i was 1 of these youngsters i would be expecting the 1st team players to be rested and would want to make the most of a very rare chance to show what i can do
jefri91
ALL TO SAN SIRO!
5/13/2007 5:17:00 PM

Milan's home game against Udinese next weekend will be the last home fixture of the season and an opportunity to bid farewell to Alessandro Costacurta

Milan's match with Udinese next Saturday at 6pm CET will be the final home game of the season and the penultimate fixture of the Serie A campaign.

There will be plenty of other reasons for the Rossoneri fans to turn up at the 'Scala del Calcio'. It's the final game before the Champions League and it gives the supporters a chance to wish the team good luck ahead of their departure for Athens. It will also be an opportunity to to bid farewell to Alessandro Costacurta who is retiring to take up a coaching position with the club. Billy will become assistant coach alongside Mauro Tassotti as Adriano Galliani officially announced during the week. (Click here)

After a glorious career in the black and red shirt, the defender deserves a special send off. (Click here) There will also be occasion to send birthday wishes to Andrea Pirlo who turns 28 on May 19.

To mark the occasion of the last home game of the season, Milan has announced a reduction in ticket prices in every sector of the stadium. All tickets for Milan-Udinese already bought on bestticket.it are cancelled and can be reimbursed using the card used to purchase them. From Monday, May 14, tickets at the new price can be purchased online and for more information, contact: info@bestunion.it

Yaaaaaaaaay Last game for BILLY !
bigmacmtl
This should be the lineup:
Dida
cafu-bonera-Billy-fava
------brocchi--ambro
----gourcuff-----------Serginho
--------------Oli

something like that... i dont wanna seee any starters besides ambro.

EDIT* actually maybe billy will start
jefri91
Good luck Billy... hope you score a goal sad.gif
Rossoneri7
Billy's last game at the San Siro sad.gif

A F@CKING LEGEND !
misha
One of the last remaining players from the Grande Milan of the late 80th. We'll miss you!!! king.gif sad.gif
KillerMax
Costacurta! king.gif

You will be missed on the pitch, but it's great that you will still be there off the pitch.

Forza Milan!
bigmacmtl
he lasted till his early 40s.... that says it all!
fresh_prince7
Rest dida too.. no point risking an injury.

KALAC!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif
jefri91
hes been in Milan for how many years ??? All i know hes been playing since 1985
Rossoneri7
So are we guaranteed CL next season ??

How many games left ??
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 13 2007, 10:59 AM)
So are we guaranteed CL next season ??

How many games left ??

Two games left. Udine and Reggina. We are guaranteed a preliminary CL spot.
han2503
We should play this one for this game, it has no meaning at all, but if we still manage to get a result with it then it would be great.

Cafu--Bonera--Billy--Favalli
--Yoann--Brocchi--Sergio---
---------Di Gennaro----------
-----Oliveria--Gilardino------
dst
^^
That's my man!! Antonelli or Grimi should also come on in the second half!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ May 13 2007, 06:33 PM)
^^
That's my man!! Antonelli or Grimi should also come on in the second half!

Definately and also Kalac or Storari should start in goal, just to avoid any problems with Dida.

These guys shouldn't be called up the match:

Oddo,Nesta, Maldini, Janku, Ambro, Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo, Rino, Pippo, Dida. Basically the team that will start in Athens should be given the day off.

Put Primaveras on the bench, guys like Lunati, Willy Aubemayang aka Jack tongue.gif Bottini, Darmain.

We don't need anymore points and imo Serie A should be over for the guys that will play in Athens
Tennie
Just FYI, I'll be going to this game.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 14 2007, 12:33 AM)

You're going to watch Billy's last game (at the San Siro)!! king.gif
misha
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 14 2007, 12:33 AM)

Have a good time and enjoy every moment!
Tennie
Thanks for the good wishes! It should be quite an evening, being last home game of the season, last game before the CL final, and Billy's last home game. [I must be one of the older members of the forum; I remember matches from 88-89 when Billy was referred to as 'the new youngster'. I do hope he plays, and it sounds like he will do.]
Portman
Play the Primavera team. Rest all. Even the subs.

PS: I know this is not gonna happen but if I was the coach...
Darunia
Rest Gila, might need him in Athens even if Inzaghi starts

If we don't use any primavera, I'd go with this:

Kalac

Simic-Costacurta-Bonera-Favalli

Cafu-Brocchi-Gourcuff-Serginho

Borriello-Oliveira
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 14 2007, 01:54 AM)
Rest Gila, might need him in Athens even if Inzaghi starts

If we don't use any primavera, I'd go with this:

Kalac

Simic-Costacurta-Bonera-Favalli

Cafu-Brocchi-Gourcuff-Serginho

Borriello-Oliveira

That looks more likely ... I doubt Carlo would want to risk any of his first team players ahead of the big game.

Sergio definitely needs to stretch his legs a bit.

BTW ... Did Sergio play against Catania ??
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 14 2007, 08:28 PM)
BTW ... Did Sergio play against Catania ??

No, he wasn't even called up
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 15 2007, 09:30 AM)
No, he wasn't even called up

Then that is a problem ! I guess he wont play an important role in the final. sad.gif
dst
I think he'll play against Udinese... so he might be ready for the final to play as a sub... huh.gif
jefri91
can anyone tell me how this game will be?? alot of fans, chanting and other stuff I hope?
Darunia
Hopefully, since it is for Costacurta.
Tennie
Judging by online ticket sales it'll be well-attended. I'm expecting the curva to come up with something for Billy.
misha
channel4 preview

Milan - Udinese

Milan and Udinese may both have decided their fates for this season, but there will still be plenty of pride at stake when the two sides meet at the San Siro. The Zebretti will be especially keen to cause an upset in the hope that their opponents could have their minds on other things…

The Rossoneri face Liverpool in the Champions League Final next Wednesday and will need to keep on their toes if they are to avoid a humbling in Serie A over the weekend. Coach Ancelotti will want his players to keep their focus, even if there is little still to decide at this late stage of the campaign. And with a place in the starting line-up in the biggest match in European club football at stake no one will want to disappoint Carletto so soon before travelling to Athens. The Diavoli may already be certain of a top-four finish, but don’t expect them to take it easy against the Friulani, especially after drawing their last two games.

Ancelotti is expected to rest several players with one eye on the European Final. Massimo Oddo, Paolo Maldini, Alberto Gilardino and Filippo Inzaghi should all be left out of the starting XI. That means the likes of Daniele Bonera, Kakha Kaladze, Cristian Brocchi and Ricardo Oliveira will all be hoping to impress enough to make a late push for place against Liverpool. Milan will also be without Ronaldo after the Brazilian was ruled out of the end of the season with a thigh strain and Gennaro Gattuso, who is suspended.

Udinese Coach Alberto Malesani’s squad rotation won’t be quite so voluntary though, as the tactician has a number of absences to contend with. Vincenzo Iaquinta, Damiano Zenoni, Dias Felipe, Christian Obodo and Tomas Sivok are all injured, while defender Tomas Zapotocny has picked up a suspension. That should allow youngsters Andrea Coda, Marco Motta and Gaetano D’Agostino to gain some more big-match experience while Gyan Asamoah should keep his place filling in for Iaquinta.

The Bianconeri have now secured a top half finish in Serie A, but European qualification is now beyond their reach. However, after some disappointing recent results, Malesani will be looking to ensure his side keep their concentration. Three consecutive defeats, including losses to relegation battlers Catania and Cagliari, has seen them give up a place in next season’s UEFA Cup, but with several of their star players returning from their suspensions and some of the Zebretti’s impressive youngsters eager to impress they could return to form in Milan.

Man on fire: Gyan Asamoah (Udinese) – The Ghanaian international has grabbed his rare chances in the first team with both hands this season and has taken advantage of Vincenzo Iaquinta’s absence by scoring four goals in his last three starts for the Bianconeri.

Last season: Milan 5-1 Udinese

Form guide: Milan (W W W D D) Udinese (W D L L L)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan (probable): Dida; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf; Oliveira

Udinese (probable): De Sanctis; Coda, Natali, Zapata; Motta, Pinzi, D’Agostino, Muntari, Dossena; Di Natale, Asamoah
misha
This won't be the line up for sure. I don't think players who's gonna start against Liverpool would play
KillerMax
Costacurta is starting as the captain for sure.
kurtsimonw
I'd like to hope so.
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 17 2007, 07:31 PM)

Of course. cool.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 17 2007, 07:31 PM)

Of course. This might be his last game, he has to be our captain in this one. For the line up, what Channel 4 says won't happen anyway. We'll only field subs like Simic Brocchi etc. ...
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ May 17 2007, 07:24 PM)
channel4 preview 

Milan (probable): Dida; Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kaka, Seedorf; Oliveira

Udinese (probable): De Sanctis; Coda, Natali, Zapata; Motta, Pinzi, D’Agostino, Muntari, Dossena; Di Natale, Asamoah

Those must rest.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (dst @ May 15 2007, 11:32 AM)
I think he'll play against Udinese... so he might be ready for the final to play as a sub... huh.gif

if the game is tied 80th minute, he'll come on for seedorf and will be one of the first penalty takers if it goes to that
dst
I really can't see Ancelotti fielding THAT team!! Please don't... rolleyes.gif sad.gif
KillerMax
Ambro didn't play against Catania because he is sh1t scared of getting injured. What do you think he is gonna play against Udine? laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ May 17 2007, 08:23 PM)
Those must rest.

Dida also, we shouldn't risk him against Udinese since it's clear that he is getting more injury prone by the minute.

Kalac should start, that way he'll have some minutes under his belt in case of something horrible happening in the final and we lose Dida
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 18 2007, 02:27 PM)
Dida also, we shouldn't risk him against Udinese since it's clear that he is getting more injury prone by the minute.

Kalac should start, that way he'll have some minutes under his belt in case of something horrible happening in the final and we lose Dida

I agree, Dida should sit this one out
han2503
Official line-ups for tomorrow's game

MILAN-UDINESE: ROSSONERA LINE-UP
5/18/2007
MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti has announced his starting line-up for tomorrow's game at the San Siro: Storari; Bonera, Simic, Favalli, Grimi; Brocchi, Costacurta, Gourcuff, Serginho; Borriello, Ricardo Oliveira. Youth team players on the bench.

I guess it willbe something like this

Bonera--Simic--Favalli--Grimi
---Brocchi--Billy--Serginho---
-------------Yoann--------------
--------Oliveira--Boriello-------

No first team players who have the possibility of playing in the final are called up, all of the bench will be made up of the primavera.

Hope to see Di Gennaro and Antonelli come on at some point
Portman
Borriello?! ohmy.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ May 18 2007, 04:09 PM)
Borriello?!  ohmy.gif

My favourite!!

I'm so happy, I think I'm about to cry cry.gif
Darunia
I like the squad, glad they are resting Cafu too in case we need him. I'd rather see Simic at RB than Bonera. Grimi gets his first Serie A start.. and of course Costacurta's last home game.

MILANELLO - 21-man squad for tomorrow: GOALKEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Antonelli (n.31), Bonera, Bruscagin (n.37), Costacurta, Darmian (n.36), Favalli, Grimi, Serginho, Simic; MIDFIELDES: Brocchi, Gourcuff, Guerci (n.28), Di Gennaro (n.33); STRIKERS: Borriello, Ricardo Oliveira, W.Aubameyang (n.35), Orlandi (n.46), Travaini (n.47).
| |
kurtsimonw
Very pleased with the starting line-up. Shouldn't be any injuries worries for us in the Final.

Nice to see Boriello getting a start. And even better to see so many Primavera players filling up the bench.

Put Billy on penalty duty, give him a shot at a last goal!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.