Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 11/03/07 - Serie A - Inter v Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
fresh_prince7
Very disappointing result to say the least, losing both fixtures to the merda. sad.gif

We can argue about formation, substitutions, defensive lapses and so on but the bottom line is inter pressed us hard and got a result. We managed to be 1-0 up at half time in a pretty much even half. In the second half we just coasted, rino missed a chance to ice the game and then from there on it was all down hill.

Were theoretically only 3 pts away from 4th spot since palermo have played an extra game. So if you project the table with wins to inter, roma, milan, empoli and lazio for 28 games played, the table looks like this.

Inter 76
Roma 60
Lazio 49
Palermo 46
Empoli 45
Milan 43

So the spots still up for grabs but we still have to play roma away, so were probably going to require some assistance from the other teams. 11 serie a games to do the damage. devil.gif

As far as the champions league fixture against bayern, anything is possible. For me the disappointing factor will be pippo will start based on his record against bayern. That and playing one striker is just suicidal.

Just as one last thought, if it is uefa cup next season, will kaka' stand by us...
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 04:30 PM)
Portugal.. You win.. I give in  sad.gif

wink.gif
redbabies
look, Kaka is always like this: After a great match he always seems to be out of his best form on the next match - like it or not ! ! !
X-Offender
10 matches = 30 points.

We have one more less than Palermo, and have only one tough game remaining, the one against Roma. On the other hand Palermo and Lazio have yet to play with Roma and Inter, where they will surely lose since both matches are at San Siro. Don't lose hopes mates, we'll make it to the CL next season for sure.

1. Inter
2. Roma
3. Lazio
4. Milan

That's how's going to look at the end of the season, believe it.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 11 2007, 11:29 AM)
Lol and kaka did what exactly?  Move around the defenders and look kool?  Gourcuff wasn't given time and he was put in a pressure situation so u shouldn't judge him like that.  Gilardino i think could have produced a chance or an opportunity to somebody else and be useless.  Cafu <<<<< Oddo.  who else do we got, simic?

gotta disagree oddo was horrible, first goal was a tap in because he's joggin behind cruz. what did he do going forward? NOTHING. and figo and maxwell owned him every time they clashed. cafu was **** too but oddo was worse.
kurtsimonw
Palermo still have to play at Inter. You have to imagine that Inter will win that one. So we could be as good as level then smile.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 11 2007, 10:32 AM)
10 matches = 30 points.

We have one more less than Palermo, and have only one tough game remaining, the one against Roma. On the other hand Palermo and Lazio have yet to play with Roma and Inter, where they will surely lose since both matches are at San Siro. Don't lose hopes mates, we'll make it to the CL next season for sure.

1. Inter
2. Roma
3. Lazio
4. Milan

That's how's going to look at the end of the season, believe it.

Great post and i agree with ya on the spots. I think thats what it will look like.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 10:33 AM)
Palermo still have to play at Inter. You have to imagine that Inter will win that one. So we could be as good as level then smile.gif

Hmm, i wonder. Could inter perhaps lose on purpose and make sure we dont qualify. It's a possiblity sad.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 11 2007, 04:35 PM)
Hmm, i wonder.  Could inter perhaps lose on purpose and make sure we dont qualify.  It's a possiblity sad.gif

I can't see Inter wanting to lose the chance of an unbeaten season.
Rossoneri7
X-Offender I agree .. We are still in the run-in for 4th place, that is our target and where we will be come the end of the season.

This match .. Again I cant believe we lost it, it should have been finished in the first half.

In anycase, the game is over and we should always remember that this season is our worst, but above all Milan made us proud by beating the odds time and time again !
mishie
Oddo plays to many long balls for my liking mad.gif
when he crosses he needs to get closer to the by-line otherwise the ball goes in to straight and is easier for defenders to clear. that's 1 thing about Cafu he does cross closer to the by-line therefore making the ball harder to clear
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 11 2007, 04:36 PM)
X-Offender I agree .. We are still in the run-in for 4th place, that is our target and where we will be come the end of the season.

This match .. Again I cant believe we lost it, it should have been finished in the first half.

In anycase, the game is over and we should always remember that this season is our worst, but above all Milan made us proud by beating the odds time and time again !

Agree 100%.. Nobody should jump on the band-wagon when we play well. There will be times like this where we will have a bad season or two. We've still mande it to the CL QFs and that's an acomplishment. IF you're a Milan supporter that's exactly what you should do support them through the good, and most importantly.. throught the bad.
mishie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 04:38 PM)
Agree 100%.. Nobody should jump on the band-wagon when we play well. There will be times like this where we will have a bad season or two. We've still mande it to the CL QFs and that's an acomplishment. IF you're a Milan supporter that's exactly what you should do support them through the good, and most importantly.. throught the bad.

well said and after all i'm sure we've all seen worse Milan sides than this!!
remember the post Cappello years now they were BAD times!
Portman
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 11 2007, 04:37 PM)
Oddo plays to many long balls for my liking mad.gif
when he crosses he needs to get closer to the by-line otherwise the ball goes in to straight and is easier for defenders to clear. that's 1 thing about Cafu he does cross closer to the by-line therefore making the ball harder to clear

TBH I dunno why we keep trying crosses when we're not a tall or physical team. I mean, just compare physically Maldini, Bonera, Ronaldo, Gilardino... to Materazzi, Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Cruz... (Vieira and Maicon were not there). We won zero air-ball this derby. Just like back in October.

We need some physical guys (I really miss Stam). Alex from PSV or Luisao from Benfica for our defence for example.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 11 2007, 04:42 PM)
TBH I dunno why we keep trying crosses when we're not a tall or physical team. I mean, just compare physically Maldini, Bonera, Ronaldo, Gilardino... to Materazzi, Ibrahimovic, Crespo, Cruz... (Vieira and Maicon were not there). We won zero air-ball this derby. Just like back in October.

We need some physical guys (I really miss Stam). Alex from PSV or Luisao from Benfica for our defence for example.

Now they would be signings! Chelsea are in some dodgey dealings with Alex though, apparently they own his contract or something? huh.gif
MizNelson
It'll sound sacrilegious, but we've stunk up the joint in each meeting with Merda we've played since the Euroderby. 1-3, and without Kaladze last year it'd be 0-4. I'll get to my point in a sec.

Not only did we play 3 matches in the span of a week, as someone mentioned, but one of them was that marathon against Celtic, during which everyone on both sides were dragging their asses near the end of extra time. We should've skipped practice and given the players the next day off in order to get them some rest, but no. The ongoing exhaustion reared its ugly head today.

One thing that's hard to deny, though: there's something psychological in the air that just seems to...cripple us nowadays whenever we face Inter. I mean, Inter's good and all that, but we just went cold today, as we did earlier this season before Materazzi had the good graces to be sent off. Regardless of who was at fault for what goal this afternoon, at this point the problem is far beyond one player or another. In comparison, take the Chievo game; after the mix-up with the opener, we're later able to regroup and wallop them with those three goals. Not too long ago, we regularly had Inter in the palm of our hand, but now we clam up when we face them. Maybe it's because we invest too much emotionally in these matches and so we play as if the whole country's looking over our shoulder. If we don't snap out of it pretty soon, we'd better get used to these results on a regular basis. Then again, I'm just giving my P's and Q's.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 11:38 AM)

thats true. but in the end you want an honest effort from all parties: that is the fans, the players, the management. and i feel that there was never a true effort to sign quality players in the summer. it's not like they tried hard but failed. it's more like they tried a little and failed and things can get worse if we miss CL, hate to say it but i'm sure kaka is gone. then what? then we are Fu(Ked. i'm not that pissed at our present situation it's more about where we will end up if things dont change.
mishie
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 11 2007, 04:42 PM)

i understand what you say and agree about the air-ball and god i miss Jaap to!!
but a cross doesn't have to be in the air a low flat cross from the by-line gives something for the strikers or advanced midfielders to run on to
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 04:43 PM)
Now they would be signings! Chelsea are in some dodgey dealings with Alex though, apparently they own his contract or something?  huh.gif

Yup. I heard that too. sad.gif
Rossoneri7
The essence of supporting ur team should be in good and bad times. Complaining about the coach or players comes only naturally since u want ur team to win..

But to say we need this guy or that guy to compete is simply stupid .. Cuz it is these players that are NOW playing for ur team and it is these players that are NOW in the quarter finals of the CL and it is these players that are NOW competing for 4th place.

Carlo Ancelotti is a top rated coach ... If u guys have lived through the pre-carlo era u would know what I'm talking about !!!! What happened today shouldnt be damaging to our season as Inter are always gonna be the winners come the end of the season.

This loss is devistating for me as it is to every fan, but as time passed by, u could see our players fadding out. The first half (AGAIN!!!) was all ours to take advantage off, but what more can I say we lost, and the merda won.

In anycase ... And as always ..

FORZA MILAN
kurtsimonw
I was just looking through some stats and stuff and apparently Serginho has only played 75 minutes of Serie A football this year. I've not really noticed him missing but is he injured or something, I don't recall hearing of anything? :S
mishie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 04:43 PM)
Now they would be signings! Chelsea are in some dodgey dealings with Alex though, apparently they own his contract or something?  huh.gif

It's true and he may be going back to chelsea next season depending on a work permit
mishie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 11 2007, 04:49 PM)
I was just looking through some stats and stuff and apparently Serginho has only played 75 minutes of Serie A football this year. I've not really noticed him missing but is he injured or something, I don't recall hearing of anything? :S

back injury, something to do with his vertebrae
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 11 2007, 04:51 PM)
back injury, something to do with his vertebrae

Oh dear.. Thanks for that.
LaPalma
About the Maldini situation: I've had a talk with my father about him a few weeks ago. And what he said back then came back into my Mind. He said, that maldini is an old man, and he also can't stop time, and that he'd know what it's like to play against palyers who are almost 20 younger than himself. I think that's it for him. He ujust CAN'T compete with the likes of Zlatan or other quality strikers. Who should he? His anticipation is World Class, but lacks speed and maneuverabilty, which is a normal process for an almost 40 year old man...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 11 2007, 11:06 AM)
About the Maldini situation: I've had a talk with my father about him a few weeks ago. And what he said back then came back into my Mind. He said, that maldini is an old man, and he also can't stop time, and that he'd know what it's like to play against palyers who are almost 20 younger than himself. I think that's it for him. He  ujust CAN'T compete with the likes of Zlatan or other quality strikers. Who should he? His anticipation is World Class, but lacks speed and maneuverabilty, which is a normal process for an almost 40 year old man...

Your right but on a 1vs1 challenge no can beat paolo. We can't let him retire yet, not until baldy decides to spend some bones.
HasanHasanly
Guys, i think we just broke another record. Double loss to merda in a season... happened 25 years ago...

(is that true? cry.gif )
weeeow
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 11 2007, 05:26 PM)
Don't lose hope, this is far far from over.  10 matches remaining.  We can still win and reach 4th place.  Don't lose hope, even though we lost we can still get the 4th place we want.  were not competing with inter seeing who has the better side right now its pretty obvious, we want the three points.  We didn't get it, thats okay but i hope we get against atlanta.  Carlo better sit down and rethink his f@cking strategies.

why can't everyone being like this? biggrin.gif
~
WE WILL GET 4th PLACE - MAYBE A RACE FOR 3rd!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Portman
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Mar 11 2007, 06:10 PM)
Guys, i think we just broke another record. Double loss to merda in a season... happened 25 years ago...
(is that true? cry.gif )

Yup.
HasanHasanly
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 11 2007, 11:19 PM)
Yup.

yay! biggrin.gif
Zed.D
when was the last time that Milan had a double against Inter??
Portman
Curva Sud did not support the team today (you heard nothing... just Curva Nord - Inter fans) because the police blocked their coreography.

rolleyes.gif
misha
In the last 2 derby's Carlo playing with one striker admiting that Inter are the better team and trying to suit our tactics to theirs (in past years it was the other way around). In the first derby it failed miserably. This time it was working in the first half (partly because their were missing 2 best central midfielders), but after Dacourt injured , Mancini changed his formation in the second half to 3-5-2 and Carlo should have responded with putting another striker (Oli with his pace would have been a good idea) but he did nothing and R99 was alone against 3 defenders. So we were zero offensively and it put more pressure on our defence that did fatal mistakes.

There isn't any doubt on my mind that we are gonna take 4th place. It's only 3 points away and Palermo are in bad shape. FORZA MILAN!!!
han2503
Just came back from watching the match again and I've got to say now I'm even more disappointed about it, but now that I've cooled off a bit I can think with a clear head.

We played a great opening 30 minutes, totally in control a couple of mistakes here and there but still the better side. But in the second half Inter upped the tempo of the game and our legs just simply gave way. We've been playing every 3 days and those extra 30 minutes against Celtic totally took their toll. You could see it in the players when they just couldn't even run anymore.

Bonera I think was nervous more then anything else, Oddo, apart from some bad crosses wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be, there was a tackle he made that I clearly remember where he took the ball off Ibra just in the nick off time because it would have been a goal.

Rino despite trying a lot wasn't so good kept making mistakes same for Ambro. Pirlo probably played his best FIRST HALF of the season but again tiredness took hold of him in the second half. Seedorf seemed to be having problems from the middle of the first half so I don't know why Carlo didn't take him off sooner.

Fact is we gifted them the goals, and no Porto, it wasn't because of Ibra's 'genius' it was because of our stupidity, first goal, Dida let the ball go right through his hands for some reason, I thought I was watching a FIFA match. The second goal, again giving the ball away in a dengerous area and another tap in for Inter. 2 soft goals that could have easily been avoided if the defence would just concentrate and Dida gets his act together.

I think the 4-4-1-1 was a good idea because of Inter's superiority in the air we needed Ambro, but the substitutions as always came in 20 minutes too late and the Cafu for Oddo one just baffled me.

Oli should have come on for Seedorf instead of Gilardino, Gila won't make any difference in 10 minutes, he's no Maradona. And Gourcuff wasn't ready to come on in a derby like that just made a couple of mistakes and didn't really change anything. Expecting these 2 to come on and change that match around for you is insane.

The only thing that irritates me is the fact that this game was there for the taking and we lost because of 2 tapins.

There are 30 points to take (make that 27 cause we won't beat Roma rolleyes.gif ) If we win against Empoli, which I think we will because from what we showed in the first half today we are definately capable of doing, then we're already in 5th with Palermo being just a few points away in 4th (with a game in hand), then we'll just wait for Inter to do their thing and take off points from Lazio, Empoli, Fiorentina and even Roma. 4th place is definately not out of the picture, it's just a shame that we managed to screw up a chance to get before Empoli today when we had the game in our hands like that today.

btw, for all those giving San Paolo a hard time, he had to play through the entire second half with pain in his knees, so give him a break! Would you have been more comfortable seeing Simic up against Ibra and Cruz out there?? I don't think so!
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Mar 11 2007, 08:45 PM)
when was the last time that Milan had a double against Inter??

Last times that I remember were in 2003/2004 and 2002/2003
mishie
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 11 2007, 07:43 PM)
Just came back from watching the match again and I've got to say now I'm even more disappointed about it, but now that I've cooled off a bit I can think with a clear head.

We played a great opening 30 minutes, totally in control a couple of mistakes here and there but still the better side. But in the second half Inter upped the tempo of the game and our legs just simply gave way. We've been playing every 3 days and those extra 30 minutes against Celtic totally took their toll. You could see it in the players when they just couldn't even run anymore.

Bonera I think was nervous more then anything else, Oddo, apart from some bad crosses wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be, there was a tackle he made that I clearly remember where he took the ball off Ibra just in the nick off time because it would have been a goal.

Rino despite trying a lot wasn't so good kept making mistakes same for Ambro. Pirlo probably played his best FIRST HALF of the season but again tiredness took hold of him in the second half. Seedorf seemed to be having problems from the middle of the first half so I don't know why Carlo didn't take him off sooner.

Fact is we gifted them the goals, and no Porto, it wasn't because of Ibra's 'genius' it was because of our stupidity, first goal, Dida let the ball go right through his hands for some reason, I thought I was watching a FIFA match. The second goal, again giving the ball away in a dengerous area and another tap in for Inter. 2 soft goals that could have easily been avoided if the defence would just concentrate and Dida gets his act together.

I think the 4-4-1-1 was a good idea because of Inter's superiority in the air we needed Ambro, but the substitutions as always came in 20 minutes too late and the Cafu for Oddo one just baffled me.

Oli should have come on for Seedorf instead of Gilardino, Gila won't make any difference in 10 minutes, he's no Maradona. And Gourcuff wasn't ready to come on in a derby like that just made a couple of mistakes and didn't really change anything. Expecting these 2 to come on and change that match around for you is insane.

The only thing that irritates me is the fact that this game was there for the taking and we lost because of 2 tapins.

There are 30 points to take (make that 27 cause we won't beat Roma  rolleyes.gif  ) If we win against Empoli, which I think we will because from what we showed in the first half today we are definately capable of doing, then we're already in 5th with Palermo being just a few points away in 4th (with a game in hand), then we'll just wait for Inter to do their thing and take off points from Lazio, Empoli, Fiorentina and even Roma. 4th place is definately not out of the picture, it's just a shame that we managed to screw up a chance to get before Empoli today when we had the game in our hands like that today.

btw, for all those giving San Paolo a hard time, he had to play through the entire second half with pain in his knees, so give him a break! Would you have been more comfortable seeing Simic up against Ibra and Cruz out there?? I don't think so!

superb post mate!! biggrin.gif
now i'm not claiming to be a world-class coach or anything silly like that but the 1 thing thing that bugs me about coach carlo is this (and no i don't want him replaced!! biggrin.gif ) why does he substitute players like for like,imo unless a player is injured or very tired substitutes should be used to change a game ie. more attacking/defensive like for like unless in them circumstances is pointless to me!
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 11 2007, 06:12 PM)
Bayern won against Inter in San Siro. That says it all.

Yeah apart from the Bundesliga title and the Champions League, we should also award them the scudetto! rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2007, 09:37 PM)
Yeah apart from the Bundesliga title and the Champions League, we should also award them the scudetto!  rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 11 2007, 10:15 PM)
why does he substitute players like for like

Carlo's substitutions are sad... but...

PUTTING MORE FORWARDS INTO THE GAME DOES NOT MEAN A TEAM WILL SCORE!!!

Whoever thinks so is certainly under 3 years old OR watching football while jerking off with some porn mag.
mishie
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2007, 08:42 PM)
Carlo's substitutions are sad... but...

PUTTING MORE FORWARDS INTO THE GAME DOES NOT MEAN A TEAM WILL SCORE!!!

Whoever thinks so is certainly under 3 years old OR watching football while jerking off with some porn mag.

whoa easy there mate mad.gif
where did i mention more forwards i'm talking tactical subs not throwing forwards on whatever, example- ambro off, gourcoff on a more offensive change and gourcoff is not a forward!! there are many examples i could list but i gotta find my porn mag! biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 11 2007, 10:47 PM)
there are many examples i could list but i gotta find my porn mag! biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

My post wasn't forwarded to anyone specifically... I'm just saying that any guy that when his team is losing screams something like "Put (FW name) on" at the speed a 5 year old throws questions in your face is a retard.

Tactics is a science. Napoleon did not march on because he attacked more than his opponents... rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
I don`t think Gourcuff would have brought anything in the match today...he isn`t ready for that kind off stuff jet.

Amro stayed in cause Carlo hoped for a last minute header... sad.gif
Zed.D
Where the hell is Oliveira?!!!! he hasn't played for Milan in a while? what's the matter...? do they want us to forget him little by little?
I think they're gonna throw him out of Milan at the end of the season and bring another striker and hand him the no.7 shirt... maybe Eto'o?!!!
Fillipo Simone
I suppose this summer Milan will be connected to pretty everyone you can think of.. rolleyes.gif
mishie
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2007, 08:57 PM)
biggrin.gif

My post wasn't forwarded to anyone specifically... I'm just saying that any guy that when his team is losing screams something like "Put (FW name) on" at the speed a 5 year old throws questions in your face is a retard.

Tactics is a science. Napoleon did not march on because he attacked more than his opponents...  rolleyes.gif

ok, sorry i thought it was aimed to me specifically blush.gif
Yes tactics is a science and the science formula that Coach Carlo has to figure out is an effective combination up-front, we have a midfield second-to-none imo but with the lack of goals something needs to be adjusted whether 2 up-front is the answer i don't know or a second striker maybe the answer, but something needs to be slightly altered.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 11 2007, 09:57 PM)
Tactics is a science. Napoleon did not march on because he attacked more than his opponents...  rolleyes.gif

Good one... wink.gif

But eventually Napoleons tactic survived a major blow...
redbabies
Ronaldo demonstrated all his class and coolness to score against Inter and although the Nerazzurri bounced back to win, Milan can walk away from the derby with their heads held high

source: acmilan.com

just wanted to comment on this:

ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS after defeats or eliminations the writters of acmilan.com site have to say that devil.gif
Do they think that supporters are so stupid and be proud of the performance today!!!!!!!!
come on......
I know they can't write that Milan played very bad, but they also can't congratulate them like they do everytime mad.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishie @ Mar 11 2007, 11:07 PM)
... something needs to be slightly altered.

Obviously! The biggest problem apart from the lack of world class forwards is our full-backs! Janku has won us three games with 3 crucial goals but then again that's not his job. His job is to provide the strikers with deadly crosses; to assist! And besides Ambro's goal that was a result of Janku's goals I can't remember any other assist he provided. But I think Janku has had a fairly good season especially compared to our right-flank players. Cafu is just sad, he's nothing but a joke right now and Oddo might be good in defence but he can't do much to help the team offence-wise.

So we need new full-backs for next season, a GREAT RB to say the least.

Our front line is just pathetic, we need to buy 3 forwards IMO in order for the 2 of them (statistically that's the way it works) to prove themselves in Milan. Also one of the biggest transfers for us next season will be Pirlo. He's essential to the way we play and he's been our worst player so far, only performing at 5%!! sad.gif

This could be all bullsh!t of course. I know that Silvio is fed up with the current situation and I'm 100% sure he WILL find a way out of it. But it's sad we've had to go through such a bad season, maybe it will makes us appreciate every win more than we did so far!

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 11 2007, 11:09 PM)
But eventually Napoleons tactic survived a major blow...

What goes up must come down.

@redbabies: Our heads will always be held high cause we were born to win. It doesn't matter if we're going through a bad season, the winning mentality does NOT fade away!
Fillipo Simone
Oddo is real bad, in both the def and off departmen. It`s a same he still is our best choice. Oh my oh my... sad.gif
redbabies
He (Oddo) wasn't that bad in Lazio. Moreover, in the debut match for us he played really well. In that match he made a lot of good crosses, and did a good job in defence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.