Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [O] Other Leagues 06/07
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
dst
You can finally talk about J-League!! happy.gif

Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 12:35 AM)
You can finally talk about J-League!! happy.gif

In here, a surprise yesterday: Porto lost against their primavera team. laugh.gif

They lost against Leiria - people say it's Porto B team - because they've some players on loan and the coach is an ex-Porto striker. Quaresma was sent-off (straight red).

Benfica won today. (Simao and Luisao scoring)
They're 5 points behind Porto then.

If Sporting win tomorrow in Boavista stadium, they'll be 4 points behind the leader Porto.
dst
I was watching Benfica (away at Belenenses) again tonight.

Rui Costa was there!! king.gif king.gif as well as Katsouranis and Nelson. They all played a fair game...

Belenenses played the ugliest football I've watched for quite a long time!! What the f were they doing on that field, it was definitely not football. No brains, no technique, no nothing... pure fast Shaolin Kung-Fu!! I think they got like 6 or 7 yellow cards in the last 10 minutes.

But Benfica survived in the end and won 2-1! biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 28 2007, 02:42 AM)
In here, a surprise yesterday: Porto lost against their primavera team.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 12:42 AM)
But Benfica survived in the end and won 2-1!  biggrin.gif

I can see Benfica have increased their number of fans (specially in Greece with Katsouranis - fckin' great player, and Karagounis).
60% of people in Portugal are not enough? rolleyes.gif

What about the Greek league? Who's on top? PAO or Olympiakos?
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 28 2007, 02:45 AM)
I can see Benfica have increased their number of fans (specially in Greece with Katsouranis - fckin' great player, and Karagounis).
60% of people in Portugal are not enough?  rolleyes.gif

What about the Greek league? Who's on top? PAO or Olympiakos?

Well actually Nelson was the one that did the job. Then they kicked Loverpool out of the CL and then came Rui Costa...

I was never a Katsouranis fan and didn't believe he was that good... I think he was voted in the best XI or something by some Portuguese mag!?

In Hellas, Rivaldo's Olympiacos is first by some 5 points I think... PAO and AEK come after but I don't remember who's second and third! biggrin.gif

Oh by the way, I heard Santos wants some more of AEK's players... Cirillo (CB) and Sorrentino (GK) I think. He will need the former if Luisao leaves and the latter is a very good keeper and he will probably return to Italy, maybe at Genoa (who are building a good squad by the way!!). What about Karagounis, will he keep him at Benfica for the next season!??
milanistar
Ok, I'll come with my french league and the BIG surprise is Lyon!
They lost Wednesday and today they drew both at home ohmy.gif
So now the gap between them and the second came down to ... 13 pts laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 28 2007, 03:04 AM)

Wow what a battle! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 01:08 AM)
Wow what a battle!  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

For the 6th years rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 12:57 AM)
Well actually Nelson was the one that did the job. Then they kicked Loverpool out of the CL and then came Rui Costa...

I was never a Katsouranis fan and didn't believe he was that good... I think he was voted in the best XI or something by some Portuguese mag!?

In Hellas, Rivaldo's Olympiacos is first by some 5 points I think... PAO and AEK come after but I don't remember who's second and third!  biggrin.gif

Oh by the way, I heard Santos wants some more of AEK's players... Cirillo (CB) and Sorrentino (GK) I think. He will need the former if Luisao leaves and the latter is a very good keeper and he will probably return to Italy, maybe at Genoa (who are building a good squad by the way!!). What about Karagounis, will he keep him at Benfica for the next season!??

Rui is class. Today he made the 2 assists for the goals.

Yes. He is on the best 11 of the 'bwinLiga' (how the Portuguese League it's called). Lucho Gonzalez (Porto), Moutinho (Sporting Lisbon) and him were elected as the best midfielders on the first half of the season. It wasn't 1 mag. It was almost every single paper who chose him. He is very good.

Dunno anything about those players. I heard something... but Benfica transfer this window was Derlei (ex-Porto, from Mourinho era) - brazillian foward. A good add.

Karagounis? I think he's doing a good job. He is like a backup for Benfica's midfielder. A great backup. You know, those players who get in to hold the ball when the team is winning. Dunno if he's staying for next season.

A question, it's OlympiaKos or OlympiaCos? Rivaldo still plays some good football? wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 28 2007, 01:04 AM)
Ok, I'll come with my french league and the BIG surprise is Lyon!
They lost Wednesday and today they drew both at home ohmy.gif

Lyon is slowing down a bit.

Baros was a great add. He's quality.
milanistar
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 28 2007, 01:11 AM)
Lyon is slowing down a bit.

Yeah, he scored for his fisrt match wink.gif

BTW, Lyon sold Carew to Aston Villa (or may be he was a part of Baros's deal) and for his arrival he said something like "Villa is a big club" laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 28 2007, 03:10 AM)
A question, it's OlympiaKos or OlympiaCos? Rivaldo still plays some good football?  wink.gif

(I think) it's Olympiacos... Rivaldo is still good enough, for the hellenic Super League (now if that's super...) at least!

QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 28 2007, 03:11 AM)

He's got a great first name but... he's quality?? Ermm.. what!?
dst
So it wasn't just Mais Futebol that voted for Katsou!! Nice!!!! smile.gif

And I also read Luisao was arrested for drunk driving!
milanistar
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 01:18 AM)
(I think) it's Olympiacos... Rivaldo is still good enough, for the hellenic Super League (now if that's super...) at least!

Definitely, I think it's enough to be great sleep.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 01:20 AM)
So it wasn't just Mais Futebol that voted for Katsou!! Nice!!!!  smile.gif

And I also read Luisao was arrested for drunk driving!

It's usual here. Maniche, Costinha, Jardel (big times), etc, many if not the majority of the players are caught by the police like that.

Luisão is still the best defender in league and the true leader of Benfica. Oh, and he was drunk because he was at a restaurant with his wife (maybe too many Coca-Colas laugh.gif ). rolleyes.gif Not a party or something like that.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 28 2007, 01:18 AM)

Benitez had some probs with him, otherwise he would still be on the first 11 of Liverpool without a doubt. You'll see in Lyon.
dst
Katsou was playing 'hit the post' on Friday... too bad cause Porto lost at home!! sad.gif
milanistar
Lyon keeps losing in the french league (they got 2pts in the last 5 games!) and still leads with 11pts rolleyes.gif
Today there was the french classico OM-PSG, poor game, poor Cissé and a 1-1 draw as a final result!
dst
QUOTE (milanistar @ Feb 5 2007, 03:32 AM)
Lyon keeps losing in the french league (they got 2pts in the last 5 games!) and still leads with 11pts rolleyes.gif

sh1t... laugh.gif
han2503
Aaah….So it’s not just Milan with the bad results. :rollseyes:

Barca and Real are playing like sh!t, Chelsea are clinging by their teeth for a 1-0 win over second from bottom Charlton.

And Lyon can’t seem to win a single game
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 5 2007, 12:38 AM)
Katsou was playing 'hit the post' on Friday... too bad cause Porto lost at home!!  sad.gif

Porto is playing like sh1t since the New Year. If they continue to perform like that, Benfica and Sporting will have a chance. They're only 3 or 4 points away.
milanistar
Lyon did it guys they won a match by ... 1-0 laugh.gif

I watched Bordeaux-Marseille (1-0) and I realized how pitiful is Ribery and Cissé, I really dont know what those guy is doing the French NT?! (Well, may be cause there is no others laugh.gif)

Anyway, it was a poor game and the pitch didn't help at all, Marseille had some great moments but they didn't score, and Ramé (Bordeaux GK) was great!

Actually I watched the game for young Nasri, a couple friends of mine told me that he was great, so I watched and I think for a 19 yo player he's really great, he hasn't the physical presence of Yoann but he has much more technique (with the ball) and is very clever. He had a great fisrt half then vanished in the second, but he definitely has a great future smile.gif
dst
I don't know about Cissé but Ribery is playing cause he looks great on the camera... biggrin.gif

I'll be watching for Nasri.
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 12 2007, 05:10 AM)
I don't know about Cissé but Ribery is playing cause he looks great on the camera...  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
arivanjj
ohmy.gif WOW!! Australian international Archie Thompson scored 5 goals in the australian a-league final

Melbourne Victory winning 6 - 0 against Adelaide United king.gif
dst
there is a final in the Australian league!?? huh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 18 2007, 01:04 PM)
there is a final in the Australian league!??  huh.gif

Don't know but probably american play-off style.
Locke Lamora
Worlds most successfull club Glasgow Rangers beat Falkirk 2-1.
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2007, 12:04 AM)
there is a final in the Australian league!??  huh.gif

yep. top 4 teams have play-offs!
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Feb 18 2007, 05:00 PM)
Worlds most successfull club Glasgow Rangers beat Falkirk 2-1.

World = laugh.gif
milanistar
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think he means the most titled club sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Porto .... ROFL !!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Locke Lamora
Go check on Wikipedia.
They have won over 100 titles.
Most of them purely Scottish ones, but facts are facts.
Portman
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Feb 18 2007, 09:27 PM)
Go check on Wikipedia.
They have won over 100 titles.
Most of them purely Scottish ones, but facts are facts.

Oh...

Well, ok. Respect.
But for me and for the great majority of the people the world's most successful club is Real Madrid as much as people hate them. 9 CL > *. rolleyes.gif

In here Benfica has a lot of titles too... but portuguese titles, not internationally.
Locke Lamora
I can see your point, it isn't THAT great when only 3% of your trophies is from competitons against teams from other countries.
dst
Beckham is successful too...
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2007, 08:06 AM)
Beckham is successful too...

Even you are successful.
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 19 2007, 06:46 PM)
Even you are successful.

As long as I don't get mixed up with the occasional Jason Bourne... cool.gif

... but really, what do you mean!?? huh.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2007, 11:56 AM)
As long as I don't get mixed up with the occasional Jason Bourne...  cool.gif

I think you know what I mean, don't you think? But what do you mean?
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 19 2007, 07:59 PM)
I think you know what I mean, don't you think? But what do you mean?

You should know...

... unsure.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2007, 12:01 PM)
You should know...
... unsure.gif

Wait, you think I think you know that I know that you know?
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 19 2007, 08:30 PM)
Wait, you think I think you know that I know that you know?

Oh. huh.gif
milanistar
Lyon were loosing 3-1 at home and then ... they scored 2 goals in the added time ohmy.gif

Guess who scored the last ... wiltordu tongue.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (milanistar @ Feb 25 2007, 07:59 AM)
Lyon were loosing 3-1 at home and then ... they scored 2 goals in the added time ohmy.gif

Guess who scored the last ... wiltordu tongue.gif

ohmy.gif yeah i just saw that... what a turn around and lucky...

good signs for Roma biggrin.gif
dst
Gekas scored again! And Epalle too!! Come on LaPalma, I'm waiting for your verdict!! biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 25 2007, 01:15 AM)
Gekas scored again! And Epalle too!! Come on LaPalma, I'm waiting for your verdict!!  biggrin.gif

Whys no one using the Bundesliga thread? Anyway, it wasn't enough against Aachen...a 2-2 draw in the end. But Gekas may become top scorer of the Bundesliga this year king.gif
dst
So... Portugal it seems like Kara has won his place back into the starting XI?? At least for as long as Rui Costa is out... unsure.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 27 2007, 09:30 PM)
So... Portugal it seems like Kara has won his place back into the starting XI?? At least for as long as Rui Costa is out...  unsure.gif

Yup. Nuno Assis will be out until the end of the season and Rui is injuried at the moment, so Kara will be there for the League and UEFA Cup matches.

He made a nice assist yesterday btw.
Tennie
He played well in last week's UEFA Cup game against Bucharest too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.