Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 06/12/06 - CL - Milan - Lille
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
han2503
Milan - Lille

Group stage - Matchday 6 - 2006/2007

Wednesday 6th of December 2006

Time: 20:45 (Italian Time) 19:45 (UK Time)
Portman
With or without Kaka' we should win.

1-0, Gilardino. cool.gif
X-Offender
Ricky should also rest for this one as we've already achieved the first spot. Hopefuly he'll be ready against Torino.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2006, 04:21 PM)
Ricky should also rest for this one as we've already achieved the first spot. Hopefuly he'll be ready against Torino.

Yea he should rest, we r through even if we loose
misha
AC Milan were confirmed as winners of Group H despite losing their unbeaten record against AEK Athens FC two weeks ago so the main focus in this game is whether LOSC Lille Métropole can qualify alongside them - to do so they have to better AEK's result at RSC Anderlecht. Lille have six points, one behind the in-form Greek outfit, but if the teams finish level the French side will progress thanks to their superior head-to-head record.

• Yet it is also possible for Claude Puel's side to miss out on qualification for the UEFA Cup as well and finish in last place. If they lose and Anderlecht beat AEK then that would put the Belgian champions equal on six points with Lille but in third position on head-to-head.

• Milan's defeat in Athens was a surprise because before Matchday 4 AEK had gone 21 games in the competition without sampling victory. But the 1-0 win against Lille transformed confidence and they then defeated their Italian visitors by the same scoreline, Júlio César's 32nd-minute free-kick hoisting AEK up into second place. It inflicted the Rossoneri's first defeat in the section and their first away from home in the competition in seven games.

Man on a mission
• Meanwhile Lille's hopes were experiencing a downward turn as they were held 2-2 at the Stade Félix-Bollaert by Anderlecht. Peter Odemwingie put the home team ahead but Mbo Mpenza was a man on a mission for the visitors and having equalised that goal he struck again at the start of the second half after Nicolas Fauvergue had restored Lille's lead.

• In the Matchday 2 fixture between the teams a combination of spirited teamwork and Milan's wayward finishing enabled Lille to claim an impressive 0-0 draw against the six-time European champions. Some believed Lille's porous defence would provide rich pickings for their opponents but ultimately they had as many good chances as the visitors to take victory.

• It was the first time the teams had met. Milan traditionally have the upper hand against French opponents at home - winning seven and drawing two of the nine games which began with the narrow UEFA Cup first-round defeat of AJ Auxerre in 1985.

Recent semi-final
• Last season, Carlo Ancelotti's team drew 0-0 against Olympique Lyonnais at the Stade Gerland before winning the home leg 3-1 to set up a UEFA Champions League semi-final with eventual winners FC Barcelona. One notable Milan defeat by French opposition was the 1-0 loss to Olympique de Marseille in the 1992/93 UEFA Champions League final, a game which featured current stars Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta.

• Lille have faced only two other Italian teams in UEFA competition and in each case experienced the winning feeling away from home. In the 2001/02 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round they won 2-0 at Parma FC, a result which meant they qualified for the group stage for the first time. After the group campaign they then went into the UEFA Cup where in the third round they beat ACF Fiorentina 1-0 in Tuscany and 2-0 at home.

©uefa.com
X-Offender
Galliani said Kakà will be back against Lille. I wouldn't mind him having some minutes, just to regain form.
han2503
We will probab;y win this, or Carlo will field some Prima vera's and players who don't usually start to give some players some much needed rest. Pippo should start in this one or Boriello next to Oli. Pippo was getting really close today, and Boriello was very good even if he missed a couple of amazing chances, but I gues that's our story this season isn't it? To mis chance after chance rolleyes.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 3 2006, 11:21 AM)
We will probab;y win this, or Carlo will field some Prima vera's and players who don't usually start to give some players some much needed rest. Pippo should start in this one or Boriello next to Oli. Pippo was getting really close today, and Boriello was very good even if he missed a couple of amazing chances, but I gues that's our story this season isn't it? To mis chance after chance  rolleyes.gif

That's what he will do , in the previous ucl , when milan had the second round guaranteed with the first place, they never won a game they lost against celta de vigo and other teams like those, so don't cheer up too much for this game, milan won't win, they will either tie or lose.
X-Offender
Who really cares? We should forget about the Champions League for a while (until February) and concentrate on winning as much matches as possible in the league until the Christmas break.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 4 2006, 01:22 AM)
Who really cares? We should forget about the Champions League for a while (until February) and concentrate on winning as much matches as possible in the league until the Christmas break.

Exactly, I don't see why we should try and go for the win in this one. Since we are garaunteed first place then I wouldn't field even 3 regular starters, so that everyone will be rested for the Toro match.

I think I would go for something like this for out starting 11

Bonera--Simic--Kaladze--Antonelli
----Lunati---Pirlo--Ambrosini----
-------------Seedorf-------------
----------Pippo--Boriello--------

Kaladze should play because he needs to regain match fitness and quick. Antonelli on the left because Janku has been playing practically every match this season and needs a rest. Lunati, since we don't have anyone alse for the midfield, and Ambro so he can get some minutes into his legs, and Pirlo because he won't play next weekend, and maybe the one after that also.

Seedorf should play in Kaka's place since he always does good playing in the attacking midfielder role.

Pippo and Boriello since both played well against Cagliari and to give Gila and Oli some rest.

btw was Oli injured in the Cagliari match, he was having a rough time with everyone tackling him down everytime he got the ball, some of the fouls on him where seriously brutal
gianni
if Ac Milan will win in this match it will be an incorporeal winning for Ac Milan
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 11:34 AM)
Exactly, I don't see why we should try and go for the win in this one. Since we are garaunteed first place then I wouldn't field even 3 regular starters, so that everyone will be rested for the Toro match.

Kaladze should play because he needs to regain match fitness and quick. Antonelli on the left because Janku has been playing practically every match this season and needs a rest. Lunati, since we don't have anyone alse for the midfield, and Ambro so he can get some minutes into his legs, and Pirlo because he won't play next weekend, and maybe the one after that also.

Seedorf should play in Kaka's place since he always does good playing in the attacking midfielder role.

Pippo and Boriello since both played well against Cagliari and to give Gila and Oli some rest.

btw was Oli injured in the Cagliari match, he was having a rough time with everyone tackling him down everytime he got the ball, some of the fouls on him where seriously brutal

I dont know about Seedorf up front, he'll kill us when going on the counter .. Maybe give Gourcuff the spot .. At the same time, let him gain confidence king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 4 2006, 04:32 PM)
I dont know about Seedorf up front, he'll kill us when going on the counter .. Maybe give Gourcuff the spot .. At the same time, let him gain confidence king.gif

I just put seedorf there because he has more experiance and would be able to handlpe the much havier marking in that area.
berenike_10
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 4 2006, 10:32 AM)

i would also prefer gourcuff , more minutes for this future crack , and we can see if he can manage to play in that role for 90 mins.
milanistar
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 4 2006, 08:34 AM)

Do you really think Antonelli and Lunati have CL licences? huh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 4 2006, 09:40 PM)
Do you really think Antonelli and Lunati have CL licences? huh.gif

You can bring through a limited ammount of youth players
X-Offender
I would also go for Han's line up, except maybe put Gourcuff instead of Lunati.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 4 2006, 10:56 PM)
I would also go for Han's line up, except maybe put Gourcuff instead of Lunati.

Yeah that would probably be better. But since gourcuff has been playing a lot lately I thought a rest would be good, especially since Pirlo will be suspended he will definately play in the weekend against Toro.

But I gues at his age all the matches he gets the better
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 5 2006, 07:18 PM)
Yeah that would probably be better. But since gourcuff has been playing a lot lately I thought a rest would be good, especially since Pirlo will be suspended he will definately play in the weekend against Toro.

But I gues at his age all the matches he gets the better

isn't he suspended in serie a huh.gif ?!
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 5 2006, 08:27 AM)
isn't he suspended in serie a huh.gif ?!

sry I meant since Pirlo will be suspended Gourcuff will definately play in the weekend
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 5 2006, 07:36 PM)
sry I meant since Pirlo will be suspended Gourcuff will definately play in the weekend

goodheart.gif oh right.. my bad
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 5 2006, 08:54 AM)
goodheart.gif oh right.. my bad

No worries smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 5 2006, 11:01 AM)
No worries  smile.gif

I think he should be banned!! tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 5 2006, 12:33 PM)
I think he should be banned!! tongue.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
misha
Ancelotti wants useless win

Carlo Ancelotti has asked his Milan side to perform against Lille, even though they have already qualified for the last 16 of the Champions League.

The Rossoneri were defeated by AEK Athens two weeks ago, but were confirmed as winners of Group H thanks to the draw between Anderlecht and the French outfit.

“The Champions League is our main objective every season and this year it is the same,” said Ancelotti in the Press conference at Milanello on Tuesday.

“We want to win tomorrow, for two different reasons,” added the tactician.

“First of all a victory would help us in this difficult moment, then many accused us of not being a serious club at the start of the campaign and we want to prove that is not the case.

“I have not yet decided which starting line-up I will field, although both Massimo Ambrosini and Kaka should be available.”

The Rossoneri have been hit by an injury crisis, but the former Juventus Coach deflected questions about possible new arrivals after Christmas.

“The club may decide to make some moves on the market in January, but this will not depend on the Champions League,” he added.

“We are just hoping that most of our injured players will have recovered by then.”

Ancelotti was then inevitably asked to comment on the betting investigation which does include two of his squad – Zeljko Kalac and Marek Jankulovski.

“These two players will be focused on the match and I am sure this issue will not distract them,” he continued.

“What happened during the summer is only the tip of the iceberg, but I believe illegal betting is an entirely different problem.

“In any case, there is a federal rule that says that FIGC members must not bet and that rule should always be respected.”

Football Italia
misha
KAKA BACK

AC Milan welcome back midfielder Kaka for their final Champions League Group H showdown against Lille on Wednesday.

Kaka, who missed last weekend's 2-2 Serie A draw at Cagliari, has recovered from a foot injury and will be available to play.

The Brazilian's return to action is the only good news for coach Carlo Ancelotti, who is without nine injured regulars for the encounter at the San Siro, including goalkeeper Dida and midfield general Gennaro Gattuso.

Central defender Alessandro Nesta is the latest player to join the injury list, with the Italy international ruled out for three months after shoulder surgery.

Fortunately for the Rossoneri, they go into the clash against Lille with nothing to play for, having already qualified for the last 16 as group winners.

However, Ancelotti will be keen to give their fans some joy following his side's dismal campaign on the domestic front.

Sunday's result at Cagliari left the Rossoneri in 15th position in the standings, 24 points behind leaders Internazionale.

"We have to win against Lille because of our current situation," said Ancelotti.

"Against Lille I will field my best team because we want to honour the competition."

Meanwhile, Milan have slashed the price of tickets for the game to just one euro for those fans who hold a Serie A season pass, which should ensure a lively atmosphere come Wednesday night.

Lille head into the match knowing a win or a draw, coupled with a defeat for AEK Athens against Anderlecht, would secure them a top-two finish and progression to the knockout stage.

However, if they lose and Anderlecht do beat AEK, Les Dogues would finish fourth and out of Europe altogether.

Their chances have not been helped by an injury to goalkeeper Tony Sylva, who is ruled out of the game.

Sylva fractured a finger on his left hand during the 3-1 Ligue 1 win over Nancy at the weekend.

Gregory Malicki came off the bench as Sylva's replacement in that game and will now take his place in the starting XI against Milan.

Sylva's experience will be sorely missed but Lille coach Claude Puel has faith in his second-string custodian.

"Tony Sylva is an important part of the team and has often been decisive for us but we have every confidence in Greg," he said. "There is no need to worry."

Captain Gregory Tafforeau is a serious doubt for the match after injuring his ankle against Nancy, and he could be replaced by Milivoje Vitakic.

Other absentees include Johan Audel, who is still recovering from a shoulder injury, Stephane Dumont (knee) and Peter Franquart (thigh).

Peter Odemwingie should start as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 formation.

link
dst
Ancelotti mentioned Suazo at the press conference... sleepysmiley03.gif
Portman
SQUAD FOR LILLE GAME
12/5/2006

Nineteen players have been called up for the Champions League tie with Lille:

GOALKEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Facchin.
DEFENDERS: Antonelli, Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Simic.
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf.
STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.
berenike_10
GOALKEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Facchin.
DEFENDERS: Antonelli, Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Simic.
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf.
STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

Well.. i think ancelotti could use this line up for this game , or at least i would like to see this line up.

thay can rest kaka, at least most part of the game, bonera can play as cb, and also gourcuff will have more minutes on the field.

-----------------kalac

---simic---bonera---maldini---antonelli

------brocchi---pirlo----seedorf

---------------gourcuff

--------gilardino---oliveira
Alcatel
Back tongue.gif for the revenge.

I'm sorry for having been dishonest about the last confrontation but it was a pleasure for me. biggrin.gif

It'll be a hard game. Lille's players are on top form and really motivated - they still can qualify for the 1/8 final. I know you have other motivations.

I was really afraid to go to San Siro to get a result we could need but considering you miss such players as Dida, Gattuso or Nesta I think we have a little chance. I'm still scared by Inzaghi ! With him a goal can come from nowhere. Fortunately the young goalkeeper Malicki is pretty good - maybe not ready for CL. I trust in Bodmer (Ballack style) and Odemwingie.

I see Antonelli on the left ? Facing Keita who is our best player and already was in Lens ? devil.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (Alcatel @ Dec 5 2006, 05:08 PM)

I'm sorry for having been dishonest about the last confrontation but it was a pleasure for me.  biggrin.gif

It'll be a hard game. Lille's players are on top form and really motivated - they still can qualify for the 1/8 final. I know you have other motivations.

I was really afraid to go to San Siro to get a result we could need but considering you miss such players as Dida, Gattuso or Nesta I think we have a little chance. I'm still scared by Inzaghi ! With him a goal can come from nowhere. Fortunately the young goalkeeper Malicki is pretty good - maybe not ready for CL. I trust in Bodmer (Ballack style) and Odemwingie.

I see Antonelli on the left ? Facing Keita who is our best player and already was in Lens ? devil.gif

I really dont think milan will win... however, good luck ! wink.gif
misha
-----------------kalac

---simic---bonera---Kaladze---antonelli

------brocchi---Ambrosini----seedorf

---------------gourcuff

--------borriello/ inzaghi---oliveira

This game is unnecessary so I'll go with that. Ambro and Kala will have playing time after injuries. Borriello and Antonelli will get CL experience. Key players will get their rest.
berenike_10
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 5 2006, 05:16 PM)
-----------------kalac

---simic---bonera---Kaladze---antonelli

------brocchi---Ambrosini----seedorf

---------------gourcuff

--------borriello/ inzaghi---oliveira

This game is unnecessary so I'll go with that. Ambro and Kala will have playing time after injuries. Borriello and Antonelli will get CL experience. Key players will get their rest.

yes, surely kala or ambro will have some minutes, i think kala over ambro..
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Alcatel @ Dec 6 2006, 02:08 AM)

I'm sorry for having been dishonest about the last confrontation but it was a pleasure for me.  biggrin.gif

Good luck king.gif

You'll need it wink.gif

This will be the formation tomorrow :

-----------Kalac-----

----Simic---Kakha--Maldini---Janku--

------Pirlo---Broochi--

----------Kaka----Gourcuff---

------Oliviera-----Super Pippo Inzaghi--

Now r u honestly confident that u'll get anything from this game? wink.gif

Ur playing in San Siro btw devil.gif
Alcatel
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 6 2006, 12:26 AM)
Good luck  king.gif

You'll need it wink.gif

This will be the formation tomorrow :

-----------Kalac-----

----Simic---Kakha--Maldini---Janku--

------Pirlo---Broochi--

----------Kaka----Gourcuff---

------Oliviera-----Super Pippo Inzaghi--
Now r u honestly confident that u'll get anything from this game?  wink.gif

Ur playing in San Siro btw  devil.gif

Hardly but not impossible. I'm not "confident", I think we have a little possibility.

And will be San Siro full and hot for this match against an unknown little French team ? huh.gif

Possible Lille formation:

-------------Odemwingie

Bastos----------------------------Keita

----------------Bodmer

-----------Makoun-Cabaye

Tafforeau-Plestan-Tavlaridis-Chalmé

-----------------Malicki
berenike_10
QUOTE (Alcatel @ Dec 5 2006, 05:38 PM)
Hardly but not impossible. I'm not "confident", I think we have a little possibility.

And will be San Siro full and hot for this match against an unknown little French team ? huh.gif

-------------Odemwingie

----------------Bodmer

-----------Makoun-Cabaye

-----------------Malicki

I don't even think san siron will be half way full ( well tickets will be 1 € )nevertheless it can result a quite nice game from this two sides, lille will go to milan to look for a victory, milan is not fighting for something at this piont, so that could be something good for Lille in this case, but im still pessimistic about the result, some way i feel that Lille will win. not beause of the line up, it's becasue milan is not fighting for something now.
misha
LOSC Lille Métropole coach Claude Puel insists his side must come away from San Siro with "no regrets" on Wednesday night ahead of their deciding Group H match against AC Milan.

Tall order
The visitors have not made life easy for themselves; their 2-2 home draw with RSC Anderlecht on Matchday 5, coupled with Milan's surprise loss to AEK Athens FC the same night, means they must better AEK's result in Brussels to reach the knockout stages for the first time. Puel, however, knows full well that inflicting a defeat upon the six-time European champions will be no small task, even if the hosts are assured of progress as group winners.

European focus
"Milan have focused all their efforts on a successful UEFA Champions League campaign," he said. "After a poor start to their domestic season they have turned their form around in this competition. They may have lost at AEK but they deserved to win and they will want to prove a point by returning to their high standards in front of their own fans. There is no point in us trying to play for a draw - we're improving every year and have already achieved our target in this competition, but we'll give it our all. We will try our best, make sure we have no regrets and, after that, what will be will be."

Spirited comeback
Lille will be boosted by their spirited comeback at in-form AS Nancy-Lorraine at the weekend that brought a 3-1 Ligue 1 victory, although against Milan the visitors will be without first-choice goalkeeper Tony Sylva, who has undergone a hand operation, and midfielder Stéphane Dumont (knee). On a brighter note, captain Grégory Tafforeau is confident of shaking off his ankle problem.

'Winning ways'
Milan should have the support of a bumper crowd after cutting ticket prices to €1 and their coach Carlo Ancelotti is looking to shake off his side's 1-0 reverse in Athens, not to mention Sunday's 2-2 draw at Cagliari Calcio which has left them 15th in Serie A. "We want three points because first, we want to get back to winning ways and second, out of respect for this competition and the other teams who are trying to finish in second place."

Primary aim
"Every year our main objective is to go as far as possible in the UEFA Champions League," he added. "For some reason we've always started well and this year we've come first in our section again. Since I've been here we've won it, reached the last eight, got to the final and last year we made the semi-finals. I don't know what the secret is. But just because we have already qualified for the next stage doesn't mean we're going to let up."

Primary aim
Marco Borriello scored against Cagliari and is in contention to start but a catalogue of injuries has deprived Ancelotti of Dida, Alessandro Nesta, Serginho and Gennaro Gattuso. They will be replaced by Zeljko Kalac, Marek Jankulovski and Dario Å imić, while Massimo Ambrosini and Kaká are available after injury and Milan captain Paolo Maldini is poised to become only the fifth player to feature in 100 UEFA Champions League matches.

Probable teams
Milan: Zeljko Kalac; Daniele Bonera, Dario Å imić, Paolo Madini, Marek Jankulovski; Cristian Brocchi, Andrea Pirlo, Yoann Gourcuff; Kaká; Alberto Gilardino, Marco Borriello.

Lille: Grégory Malicki; Matthieu Chalmé, Nicolas Plestan, Rafael Schmitz, Grégory Tafforeau; Yohan Cabaye, Jean II Makoun; Kader Keita, Mathieu Bodmer, Mathieu Robail; Peter Odemwingie.

©uefa.com
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Alcatel @ Dec 6 2006, 02:38 AM)

-------------Odemwingie

----------------Bodmer

-----------Makoun-Cabaye

-----------------Malicki

The San Siro will be hot ?? huh.gif

As HOT as hell devil.gif Even against Red Star Belgrade, it was a full house devilsmiley.gif

You have a little possibility .. I'm quite sure it's Kalac, but he stood up against Bayern Munich and denyed them anything in Germany, why not in the San Siro cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 6 2006, 01:51 AM)
The San Siro will be hot ??  huh.gif

As HOT as hell  devil.gif  Even against Red Star Belgrade, it was a full house devilsmiley.gif

You have a little possibility .. I'm quite sure it's Kalac, but he stood up against Bayern Munich and denyed them anything in Germany, why not in the San Siro cool.gif

Red Star was different. We needed a win. But with so many ticket holders and €1 price many people will come.

We were lucky that Bayern didn't got scoring opportunities while Kalac was in wink.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 5 2006, 05:57 PM)
Red Star was different. We needed a win. But with so many ticket holders and €1 price many people will come.

We were lucky that Bayern didn't got scoring opportunities while Kalac was in wink.gif

That perhaps will ake the diff, because i wasn't expecting to see the san siro full loaded... will se tomorrow smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 6 2006, 02:57 AM)

Give me a break, enjoy the luxury of being a Milan fan (Don't give other teams' fans a chance to say anything about Milan)

.. I was trying to give our friend a scare ...

Where is he btw huh.gif He got scared already devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 6 2006, 02:01 AM)
Give me a break, enjoy the luxury of being a Milan fan (Don't give other teams' fans a chance to say anything about Milan)

Where is he btw  huh.gif He got scared already devil.gif  devil.gif  devil.gif

It's a good luxury
He is a Lille fan. What can he say about Milan? smile.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 5 2006, 06:01 PM)

You Scare him to death.., don't be so mean.... wink.gif
arivanjj
AC Milan-Lille preview

BACKGROUND

These two sides played an entertaining scoreless draw in France on matchday 2 of the competition.

Milan had the majority of the possession over the home team, but could not do anything with it; although, they did challenge on several occasions to take the lead. Lille nearly scored themselves, but they too could not put the ball into the net.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (W D W W L, 10 points)

The Rossoneri are first place in group H, and have already cemented first place in the group due to their record against AEK Athens, who are currently second. They had been nearly perfect until they stumbled two weeks ago in Athens, losing 1-0.

Nevertheless, they will not have to field a full strength side in this fixture. Actually, they wouldn’t be able to even if they wanted. They have been hit by major injuries all season, and are missing several key players.

Lille (D D W L D, 5 points)

The form this season of Lille has not been quite what they would have hoped. While playing good attacking football at times, they have struggled to get the results, and the final ball that is oh-so-necessary toward getting goals has been hard to find.

They come into this match knowing that a draw and AEK Athens loss would send them through, by virtue of their head-to-head record against the Greek side (AEK have seven points, while Lille have six). They should not be playing for a draw, however. AEK face an Anderlecht side which has historically struggled in this competition, and a win is the more likely result to send Lille through, coupled with an AEK draw or loss.

TEAM NEWS

Milan have an extensive injury list. First-choice ‘keeper Nelson Dida is out until 2007, as are defenders Alessandro Nesta and Serginho, with midfielder Gennaro Gattuso also not able to see action until the New Year. The most worrying concern for Milan is the injury Kakà sustained recently, and he may not be able to play in this match. Marcos Cafu is doubtful for this match.

Lille, too, have injury concerns. Goalkeeper Tony Sylva is unavailable here, as he had hand surgery at the weekend. Gregory Tafforeau picked up an ankle problem in the same game, and is questionable.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Alberto Gilardino (Milan) – He performed well at the weekend, getting his second league goal of the season. Will this finally be the time for him to succeed to the throne of Milan goalscoring hero after Andriy Shevchenko’s departure to Chelsea?

Peter Odemwingie (Lille) – His pace can make a mockery of any defense, especially the aging Milan rearguard. His ability to make runs into space will be essential for a Lille victory.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-4-2): Kalac; Simic, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Gourcuff; Gilardino, Borriello

Lille (4-4-2): Malicki; Lichtsteiner, Plestan, Tafforeau, Tavlaridis; Bodmer, Debuchy, Makoun, Robail; Fauvergue, Odemwingie

PREDICTION

The play will not be the most beautiful, but there will certainly be purpose behind each ball by both squads. Expect a lot of fouls, and a draw will be the most likely result.

Milan 1-1 Lille

goal.com
arivanjj
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 6 2006, 08:02 PM)
Milan 1-1 Lille

dry.gif riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!
Alcatel
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 6 2006, 01:01 AM)

I'm sleeping during the night sleepysmiley03.gif
Don't you ? freak.gif

1-1 could be sufficient for qualifying us if Athens loses against Anderlecht. Only a defeat eliminates us from any competition.

He is a Lille fan. What can he say about Milan?

I'm not representative tongue.gif I'm using a "we" because I'm French and supporter of every French club engaged in the European competitions (Lyon, Lille, Bordeaux, Paris, Nancy, Lens and Auxerre).

I don't really like foreigners clubs, I'm jealous of their past, their successes, their stars and fame. I prefer supporting French football and hoping it will grow like it did between 1976 and 1995. In 1995 we were the 2nd best football in Europe. Too bad we couldn't win more than a C1 and a C2. cry.gif I'm still waiting for a victory in C3. I know we can do it each year but we have no motivation...

I know there's a great respect in France for the historical "grands clubs" such as Barcelone, Madrid, Manchester, Bayern... Milan... Marseille considers you as a rival since the period 91-93. You're still a good souvenir for Marseille and Bordeaux (Dugarry-Zidane-Lizarazu). wink.gif
Plus, nobody likes your President in France. ohmy.gif
misha
QUOTE (Alcatel @ Dec 6 2006, 01:19 PM)
I'm not representative  tongue.gif I'm using a "we" because I'm French and supporter of every French club engaged in the European competitions (Lyon, Lille, Bordeaux, Paris, Nancy, Lens and Auxerre).

BTW Auxerre and Paris were beaten by Israeli teams in uefa cup. Especially Paris 4:2 at home rolleyes.gif
Alcatel
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 6 2006, 02:43 PM)
BTW  Auxerre and Paris were beaten by Israeli teams in uefa cup. Especially Paris 4:2 at home rolleyes.gif

Paris is horrible this year.

As each year since 1998.
Jack Sparrow
No wonder...even their players are scared of those racist fans...even though they are a sub section...
misha
QUOTE (Alcatel @ Dec 6 2006, 08:05 PM)
Paris is horrible this year.

As each year since 1998.

Yeah. Also Israeli under 21 team beat France under 21 team for a place in euro. We are lucky against France.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.