Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 25/10/06 - Serie A - Chievo - Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
han2503
Chievo - Milan

Serie A - Week 8 - 2006/2007

Wednesday 25th October 2006

Time: 20:30 (Italian time) 19:30 (UK time)
Jack Sparrow
I think this will be a low scorer. Gimme some backdrop about Chievo anyone.
Puhleeze.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 18 2006, 09:32 PM)
I think this will be a low scorer. Gimme some backdrop about Chievo anyone.
Puhleeze.

Semioli is all you need to know, I'm a kill myself if we don't win this one !!
Jack Sparrow
Oh him...Donadoni's folly! biggrin.gif
arivanjj
i see cheivo drew agianst roma away from home so it's not going to be so easy for us to win with our current form but i'll go with 1 - 0 our way.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 23 2006, 02:58 AM)
i see cheivo drew agianst roma away from home so it's not going to be so easy for us  to win with our current form but i'll go with 1 - 0 our way.

It is hard to think that we will get the result ..

But the game against Palermo .. Is quite similar to that of Liverpool ..

I mean we dominated the first half, we had possesion, we had the chances, our strikers were moving well, our MDfield were in control, our defence was a brick wall, and Dida was Dida ... But the second half, the minute that Nesta made the mistake (thought Cafu was marking Marco Breciano .. So left the ball roll into Dida's path .. Then 0-1) .. Milan played with even more vigour even more determination, while Palermo tryed to gain ground they failed time and time again .. Then their second goal came, and it was all over .. The score isn't similar to the 3-3 Final; but the temper and agony was ..

Therefore, I expect Milan to act as they should .. I expect Milan to play faster and with vigour from the start with an eye for goal !

I hope we get that result and build on it, while something inside of me says forget it .. sad.gif
Portman
Don't know. After this performance at home vs. Palermo, it's kind hard to predict something.

I hope a win before the derby. rolleyes.gif
KillerMax
I don't know what will happen, but I'm sure of one thing! Milan will not score! sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 24 2006, 05:53 AM)
I don't know what will happen, but I'm sure of one thing! Milan will not score! sad.gif

The only reason I can see why we won't score in this game is if Carlo keeps insisting on Gila and Pippo playing together. Again Sunday's display from the both of them keeps making it as loud and clear as it should be but I can't understand why Carlo keeps insosting on it, I think he's afraid to risk Oli with Gila because there is a big chance of none of them scoring, but since Pippo isn't scoring either then he should try and go for it.

On Sunday all they did was get in each other's way, Pippo kept going offside, it was painful to see
dst
I can't see us scoring even if Oli starts so it'll be either a draw or a loss unless Kaka' goes loony again and strikes a miracle ... we'll hopefully get the point if our defence step up again to their usual selves !

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 12:02 PM)
Again Sunday's display from the both of them keeps making it as loud and clear as it should be but I can't understand why Carlo keeps insosting on it, I think he's afraid to risk Oli with Gila because there is a big chance of none of them scoring, but since Pippo isn't scoring either then he should try and go for it.

there must some reason ... I don't think we can see more than Carlo, he knows them two cannot play together but something's holding him back, not to put Oliveira on !! unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 12:54 PM)
I can't see us scoring even if Oli starts so it'll be either a draw or a loss unless Kaka' goes loony again and strikes a miracle ... we'll hopefully get the point if our defence step up again to their usual selves !

But if oliveira was on at least there would be more space for Kaka to move around, with both Gila and Pippo, everthing is conjested in the middle, and with defenders double-teaming Kaka and our box-strikers aimlessly waiting for the ball to come to their feet, it will be MUCH more harder for us to score. At least with Oli some flow and pace is injected into our play.

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 12:54 PM)

there must some reason ... I don't think we can see more than Carlo, he knows them two cannot play together but something's holding him back, not to put Oliveira on !!  unsure.gif

I think Carlo is afraid to put him on, especially with Gila, because there is a much higher risk of not scoring, where-as if he keeps both Gila and Pippo there is still a chance of a goal to come from set-pieces, like in the Palermo match, even if it got disallowed.

I hope Carlo heard what Gila had to say, we can't keep going on like this. Oli needs to be played the much more games he plays the faster he'll integrate with the team
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 04:10 PM)
At least with Oli some flow and pace is injected into our play.

It makes a difference yeah but is it enough; I want goals "injected" not just flow !! biggrin.gif
The problem is that there's only Kaka' to create .. Pirlo is good at defence so far but has not created much apart from that amazing lob for Janku's goal and Seedorf ... well I won't comment. I think we should change back to the Xtree as we created more chances than we have lately ... I know Lille did not play the fabulous 10-0-0 but even Seedorf looked like he enjoyed his game for once !!
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 04:10 PM)
I think Carlo is afraid to put him on, especially with Gila, because there is a much higher risk of not scoring, where-as if he keeps both Gila and Pippo there is still a chance of a goal to come from set-pieces, like in the Palermo match, even if it got disallowed.

I don't think that's what it is ... maybe in the beginning of this goal draught but now ?? What's he got to lose, disallowed goals ?? rolleyes.gif There must be something else !!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
It makes a difference yeah but is it enough; I want goals "injected" not just flow !!  biggrin.gif
The problem is that there's only Kaka' to create .. Pirlo is good at defence so far but has not created much apart from that amazing lob for Janku's goal and Seedorf ... well I won't comment. I think we should change back to the Xtree as we created more chances than we have lately ... I know Lille did not play the fabulous 10-0-0 but even Seedorf looked like he enjoyed his game for once !!

Yeah I think we can try the xmas tree but with Oli as the lone striker. It still doesn't work with Gila or Pippo, we kept firing blanks, but I don't think Carlo would try it after the Kaka comments, because the media would see that as some sort of sign of retaliation from Carlo against Kaka. And I don't think the team needs anymore pressure right now

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 01:31 PM)
I don't think that's what it is ... maybe in the beginning of this goal draught but now ?? What's he got to lose, disallowed goals ??  rolleyes.gif  There must be something else !!

Yeah, that's a good point, but I can't think of any logical explenation of why he won't give Oli a full game
misha
Milan will be extra motivated after a Palermo game so I think they will play better then usual.
2:0 (Pirlo, kaka)
misha
Chievo - Milan

Gigi Del Neri will be looking to continue his positive return to the Chievo hot seat, but can expect another tough test when Milan visit the Stadio Bentegodi determined to get back on track after a shock defeat at the hands of Palermo.

Last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico ended the run of four consecutive defeats that cost Bepi Pillon his job and gave the Clivensi faithful hope that the Flying Donkeys may only be temporarily grounded. While the Veronese minnows are bottom of the sides not facing a Calciopoli handicap and will be outsiders to wrestle a point from their more illustrious opponents, they upset the Rossoneri last term and may make life difficult for a side struggling to get out of first gear.

The pressure is mounting on Milan. Last weekend’s defeat at home to Palermo ended a 23-game unbeaten home record and has left Carlo Ancelotti’s men 11 points behind their city rivals. With the crucial derby looming at the weekend, a win here is also essential to boost the Diavolo’s fragile confidence. The Rossoneri know that they need at least four points from the fortnight if they are to keep the boo-boys at bay. One man who will be feeling extra pressure is Alberto Gilardino. The Azzurri hitman’s sluggish start to the season has certainly not gone unnoticed and has been a key factor in Milan’s costly goal drought.

The hosts continue to suffer from a shortage of defensive options. Marco Malagò has a left thigh problem and is joined on the sidelines by Andrea Mantovani – who limped off against Roma with a muscular complaint – while Giuseppe Scurto is still out of action. It remains to be seen whether Del Neri will stick with Vincenzo Sicignano in goal after the ex-Lecce man impressed against Roma or whether Lorenzo Squizzi will get the nod. Nigerian striking prodigy Victor Obinna remains banned from football until December due to his illegal transfer to the club.

A weakened Milan side makes the journey east. Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli and French youngster Yoann Gourcuff are all injured. Alessandro Nesta, Andrea Pirlo and Pippo Inzaghi may be left on the bench, handing Christian Brocchi and Ricardo Olivera places in the starting line-up. Daniele Bonera returns from suspension.

Man on fire: Sergio Pellissier (Chievo) – In a season where everything has gone wrong for the Ceo, the ex-Torino marksman knows where the goal is and netted a third – albeit dubious – goal against Roma last weekend.

Last season: Chievo 2-1 Milan

Form guide: Chievo (L L L L D) Milan (W D D D L)

Chievo (probable): Squizzi; Moro, Mandelli, D’Anna, Lanna; Luciano, Brighi, Zanchetta, Sammarco, Semioli; Pellissier

Milan (probable): Dida; Bonera, Maldini, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Brocchi, Seedorf, Kaka; Gilardino, Oliveira

Ref: Rizzoli
Football Italia
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 24 2006, 05:12 PM)
Last season: Chievo 2-1 Milan

Form guide: Chievo (L L L L D) Milan (W D D D L)

Hope they remember what happened last season. rolleyes.gif
Ry4n
hi everyone this is my first post ,

i just wanted to say i think we might just win at Chievo i went to the Palermo match you know what they say nower days when ever a mistake is made in football there is always some one there to pounce and score in our case dam bresicano realmad.gif realmad.gif
mishie
1-3 with pippo 2 and pirlo free kick. chievo aren't easy opponents but i think after sunday the team will want to prove a point so i think we will play an uptempo game and are class will show and the start of a good run of form will follow biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif Mishie I hope you are right and if we do win by a margin or 2 goals or more, I'll pay you for ur date with dst, candle lit dinner and all that. tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 24 2006, 11:07 AM)
1-3 with pippo 2 and pirlo free kick. chievo aren't easy opponents but i think after sunday the team will want to prove a point so i think we will play an uptempo game and are class will show and the start of a good run of form will follow biggrin.gif

Yeah... but that's just a dream... I wish we could win too, but I don't think we can, unless there is a dramatic change in the way we play... And by the sounds of it... it won't happen anytime soon... Myabe when Serginho and Gourcuff return...
mishie
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 24 2006, 06:16 PM)
Yeah... but that's just a dream... I wish we could win too, but I don't think we can, unless there is a dramatic change in the way we play... And by the sounds of it... it won't happen anytime soon... Myabe when Serginho and Gourcuff return...

we live in hope, but don't you think after the weekend they know they must improve! and by the way like your signature biggrin.gif
berenike_10
Well... looking how thing's are going now... milan will tie 1-1, i hope that ancelloti uses ambrosini instead of brocchi.. and please carlo ! use oliveira with inzaghi ! don't use that nonesense line up... hehe , well, i think can it go little bit worse.. if the lose or tie against chievo, and lose vs inter.. ancelloti could be fired...
KillerMax
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 24 2006, 12:43 PM)
Well... looking how thing's are going now... milan will tie 1-1, i hope that ancelloti uses ambrosini instead of brocchi.. and please carlo ! use oliveira with inzaghi ! don't use that nonesense line up... hehe , well, i think can it go little bit worse.. if the lose or tie against chievo, and lose vs inter.. ancelloti could be fired...

Nah... he won't be fired... We all know better... It's really not his fault in the first place... I'm sure if Ancelotti was the manager of the club, things would look different now... But he, as the coach, has to respect whatever Galliani and Berlusconi tell him to do... Like: "You need a new right back? Well... We got you Favalli... ehhm... He is a more of a left back though... And he is also too goddamn old... but I'm sure you'll figure something out..."

Get the idea?
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 24 2006, 12:22 PM)
we live in hope, but don't you think after the weekend they know they must improve! and by the way like your signature biggrin.gif

They were also saying the same thing after their 3 consecutive draws... I do have hope... But not for the near future...

And I love my sig too! thanks.. cool.gif
mishie
amongest the crazyness of the summer calcioploi and then bringing the players back from thier hols early then getting us through the C.L qualifers considering all that i think carlo has done a good job!!
there was going to be a reaction sooner or later i'm just glad it came this early in the season so we have plenty of time to recover lost ground and i believe we will be lo scudetto winners for the 18th time biggrin.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 24 2006, 01:01 PM)
Nah... he won't be fired... We all know better... It's really not his fault in the first place... I'm sure if Ancelotti was the manager of the club, things would look different now... But he, as the coach, has to respect whatever Galliani and Berlusconi tell him to do... Like: "You need a new right back? Well... We got you Favalli... ehhm... He is a more of a left back though... And he is also too goddamn old... but I'm sure you'll figure something out..."

Get the idea?

Yep i know, but eventually i also know pal that he mades some quite dumb subs. beasue he does not have more people available , thats the bad par of it , on previous seasons he had rui costa on the bech ( i so admire him ) , and some other really good players, and the problem is that , is not the case anymore, the deal here to make a good invernal transfer market.

ancelloti is a good coach, nevertheless, some times he mades some quite bad calls. due the lack of cuality players on the team.
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 24 2006, 07:01 PM)

Get the idea?

We've got the impeccable Brocchi to play as RB.
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 02:46 PM)
We've got the impeccable Brocchi to play as RB.

You r kidding right maltese ??? unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 24 2006, 08:57 PM)
You r kidding right maltese ???  unsure.gif

No I'm serious rolleyes.gif

Of course I'm kidding!!!!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 24 2006, 10:31 PM)
Yep i know, but eventually i also know pal that he mades some quite dumb subs. beasue he does not have more people available , thats the bad par of it , on previous seasons he had rui costa on the bech ( i so admire him ) , and some other really good players, and the problem is that , is not the case anymore, the deal here to make a good invernal transfer market.

ancelloti is a good coach, nevertheless, some times he mades some quite bad calls. due the lack of cuality players on the team.

If ur refering to Palermo ..

He changed the line up from :

------ Nesta --- Kaladze ---
--Cafu -----------------Janku ---
---Gattuso -- Pirlo -- Seedorf ---
----------Kaka ---
------------Inzaghi -- Gila ---

To something like :

----- Nesta -- Kalaze -- Maldini ---
--Cafu ---
--------- Broochi --- Pirlo ---
----------------- Kaka ---
-- Gila -- Oli -- Inzaghi ---

The second one he played with only one full back a fresh DM and three strikers ..

So, you can see that he was balancing out the fact that he has 3 strikers on to coup with the defensive part of the game. It shows he has experience cool.gif
berenike_10
wink.gif
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2006, 02:59 PM)
No I'm serious  rolleyes.gif
Of course I'm kidding!!!!

Thank God you are !!!! wink.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 24 2006, 02:31 PM)

funny...because when we were winning at the beginning of the season everyone was praising him for his sub use...but now that he gets in a little slump and the carlo bashing begins again

makes me think that milan fans bash when things go bad, and praise only when things are going perfect. rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 24 2006, 08:07 PM)

3 goals ???

You definitely do not believe this ... the smiley in the end proves it right there !!
berenike_10
QUOTE (Warchant @ Oct 24 2006, 04:25 PM)
funny...because when we were winning at the beginning of the season everyone was praising him for his sub use...but now that he gets in a little slump and the carlo bashing begins again

makes me think that milan fans bash when things go bad, and praise only when things are going perfect.  rolleyes.gif

wrong, at the beginning he had available sergihno, gourcuff and also ambrosini , they are better subs that brocchi, borrielo, and eventough he started with gilardino - inzaghi on the line up, he didn't take much time to put oliveria on the field, on the previous game he putted brocchi on the field ? what for? he tooked out seedorf too late... and the subs didn't work, of course you have to add the fact that he was lack of players. dismissing that as you can see, his lately subs have not give milan ac as much as you think ... rolleyes.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 24 2006, 06:42 PM)
3 goals ???

You definitely do not believe this ... the smiley in the end proves it right there !!

I'll go 0-1 .. no more, no less.
arivanjj
KEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic

MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gattuso, Guerci , Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf

STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira

here is the team training

arivanjj
i really couldn't take it anymore if Gila doesn't score in this match...
of course if given the chance.
dst
these pictures are fake; Seedorf running !!? rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 25 2006, 07:10 PM)
these pictures are fake; Seedorf running !!?  rolleyes.gif

photoshop...
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 25 2006, 12:20 PM)
photoshop...

photoshop cs3 ... it takes the newest, unreleased version to make that picture !! biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 25 2006, 10:26 AM)
photoshop cs3 ... it takes the newest, unreleased version to make that picture !!  biggrin.gif

Can you also make a picture in which Gila scores with that Photoshop?
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 25 2006, 01:08 PM)
Can you also make a picture in which Gila scores with that Photoshop?

No.

Maybe at some distant point in the future ...
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 25 2006, 11:15 AM)
No.

Maybe at some distant point in the future ...

Oh...that's bad. But it seems that even nowadays technology can't do everything...
arivanjj
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 25 2006, 08:18 PM)
Oh...that's bad. But it seems that even nowadays technology can't do everything...

yes, but money can. rolleyes.gif
han2503
My team for tonight

Bonera--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze/Janku
----Gattuso---Pirlo---Seedorf/Janku----
-----------------Kaka---------------------
---------Gilardino---Oliveira-------------

Bonera should start, Cafu to come on as his sub in half time since he is better when coming off the bench. I would prefer to have Kaladze as LB with Janku in Seedorf's place. All Seedorf needs is to see that his place in the first 11 is not a sure thing anymore, and all his complaincency problems will be solved.

Gilardino and Oliveira for the front pairing with Pippo coming on as a sub if we haven't got off the mark by half time, and he should only sub Gila, not be put next to him, if we want Oli to start working well with the team then he needs to play as many games as possible
Jack Sparrow
I get the feeling, Carlo's worked hard on our existing tactics. I mean the 4-3-1-2 was supposed to play to our strengths and if that isn't working, it means something is wrong with the team. He's probably going to stick to the old formation and make a few tweaks here and there, so that it gels. IMO only when we get full chemistry and at least three-quarters of the players in touch(not necessarily blistering form) Carlo will move on to change tactics.

I won't be surprised if Gila and Pippo start. Remember what Gila said that he was finding it difficult to play with Pippo and the only remedy was to work harder in training. This indicates this is gonna be a more permanent pairing. I could be hopelessly wrong of course.
misha
Line ups:
Chievo (4-1-4-1): Sicignano; Moro, D'Anna, Mandelli, Lanna; Giunti; Luciano, Brighi, Marcolini, Kosowski; Pellissier.
Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida, Bonera, Simic, Kaladze, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira.
misha
Bonera - Simic - Kaladze - Jankulovski

Another thing to worry about
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 25 2006, 09:10 PM)
Bonera - Simic - Kaladze - Jankulovski

I've come to the point of not caring ... as long as we score that is ... please Milan ... 1 f@cking goal from our strikers !!

This is pathetic !! sleep.gif
Jack Sparrow
Not really Simic really reinstated my faith in him. Bonera should use his head a little more, and Marek needs to improve his crosses. Kala is well Kala.

I really don't think we are gonna screw up like last time. I'm pretty sure it was a one-off.

Though I won't be surprised if this is a draw, I think we'll eventually grind out a win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.