Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 17/10/06 - CL - Anderlecht vs. Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
han2503
Anderlecth - Milan

Group stage - Matchday 3 - 2006/2007

Tuesday 17th October 2006

Time: 20:45 (Italian time), 19:45 (UK Time)

I know it's early, but thought I ought to open it because I haven't striked out with any match thread I opened yet (we won all the ones I opened).

I predict a 0-3 for this one
Portman
The last CL match we won AWAY was Fenerbahce 11 months ago. That night when Shevchenko did the "poker" (0-4... 4xES) rolleyes.gif

Prediction: 0-0
LaPalma
QUOTE (Portugal @ Sep 27 2006, 03:46 PM)
The last CL match we won AWAY was Fenerbahce 11 months ago. That night when Shevchenko did the "poker" (0-4... 4xES) rolleyes.gif

Prediction: 0-0

Well, it seems we' not a good away team...anyway...0-1 for us. Freekick Pirlo...
misha
I think it will be easier than Lille. 1:3 for me
han2503
Lille where the toughest side in the group, so I'm glad we got rid of that away tie early

It will either be a 2-0 or 3-0 for us. The only thing we have to improve is our sharpness from ALL the strikers and Kaka, they are ALL missing WAY too many chances.
Nova
0-1 for me
dst
Anderlecht is as strong as AEK ... well maybe a little better ... if we don't win there we should be banned !!! biggrin.gif
Warchant
we win

start preparing for the knockout round
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 28 2006, 02:42 AM)
Anderlecht is as strong as AEK ... well maybe a little better ... if we don't win there we should be banned !!!  biggrin.gif

they just lost to some club 4-1 at home. so i guess my realistic prediction would be 6-0 for us.
X-Offender
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 1 2006, 01:45 PM)
they just lost to some club 4-1 at home. so i guess my realistic prediction would be 6-0 for us.

That 'some club' are leading the Belgian league at the moment. Still, we're gonna win.
KillerMax
I predict a 0-0 draw....

tongue.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Oct 1 2006, 04:48 PM)
I predict a 0-0 draw....

tongue.gif

That's called being realistic.
mishie
0-2 gila breaks his duck with both goals
Nova
0-2 for me too
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 1 2006, 09:49 AM)
That's called being realistic.

And just a little bity sarcastic... biggrin.gif
berenike_10
i'll go for 0-1... favors milan , and luckly will win 0-2
arivanjj
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 2 2006, 12:03 AM)
That 'some club' are leading the Belgian league at the moment. Still, we're gonna win.

and that club is better than Milan even in our current form?!!
drizzt
hopefully that our scoring problem wont last long.. sad.gif
han2503
Unless Anderlecht decide to go for the 9-1-0 formation, we won't have any problems scoring against them, but if they decide to play anti-football, then expect another draw.

The problem is playing with the 2 box-strikers or even worse 1, when teams play against us with this formation, they easily mark our front 2 out of the game since they are easier to handle, whereas if we play with Oliveira, someone who has killer pace and hangs around outside the box to pick up the ball from midfield, the game gets much more opened, that way our in-box striker, will have much more space to move around in, since they will concintrait more on keeping Oliveira in check.

Just look at the match against Siena, when Oli came on, their defence opened up much more, leaving Pippo and Gila some room to breath
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 2 2006, 03:50 PM)
Unless Anderlecht decide to go for the 9-1-0 formation, we won't have any problems scoring against them, but if they decide to play anti-football, then expect another draw.

The problem is playing with the 2 box-strikers or even worse 1, when teams play against us with this formation, they easily mark our front 2 out of the game since they are easier to handle, whereas if we play with Oliveira, someone who has killer pace and hangs around outside the box to pick up the ball from midfield, the game gets much more opened, that way our in-box striker, will have much more space to move around in, since they will concintrait more on keeping Oliveira in check.

Just look at the match against Siena, when Oli came on, their defence opened up much more, leaving Pippo and Gila some room to breath

Couldnt agree more .. king.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Oct 2 2006, 04:01 AM)
and that club is better than Milan even in our current form?!!

No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying they didn't lose to some random team.
Jack Sparrow
hmmm....2-0 for Milan
arivanjj
well, we didn't come back with a bang from the break. but i still believe we can win by 2 or more in this match. hopefully Pirlo will be back and Oliveira get more playing time.
Rossoneri7
I dont know whether this will be the game that we mark our first win in a while, but I believe it will get even more complicated if we dont win .. as Inzaghi cant keep on going 90 mins every 3 days !

I dont care how the other team will play .. Let that be defensive-counter or as some might say 'anti-football' .. Milan have to come out of this victorious.

One way or another, we have to put an end to this goal drought that is affecting our strikers .. Hell, even Pippo isnt scoring !!!

While at it I hope Carlo, 'intentionally' forgets Seedorf at Milanello
GULLIVER
This should be a big comeback biggrin.gif. I'd say 0-4 or 1-4 for us.

Gila at least scoring in this game. Hope he'll play along with Oliveira.
han2503
QUOTE (GULLIVER @ Oct 15 2006, 10:28 AM)
This should be a big comeback biggrin.gif. I'd say 0-4 or 1-4 for us.

Gila at least scoring in this game. Hope he'll play along with Oliveira.

Don't be so sure about us scoring that much. Fact is, it has become a problem for us, we haven't got a goal from our strikers since the match against AEK I think
X-Offender
It's gonna be very tough, I'm expecting a tight result. My line up would be: Dida; Bonera, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino.
I don't know if Gourcuff is ready yet, we miss him so much. Oh, and Oliveira has good memories from Anderlecht as he scored against them last time Betis played in the CL, I think.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 15 2006, 11:45 AM)
It's gonna be very tough, I'm expecting a tight result. My line up would be: Dida; Bonera, Nesta, Maldini, Kaladze; Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino.
I don't know if Gourcuff is ready yet, we miss him so much. Oh, and Oliveira has good memories from Anderlecht as he scored against them last time Betis played in the CL, I think.

I would go for that formation to.

Very well balanced defence. Kaladze only came on for the last few minutes against Samp, but he was very impressive in the LB role, attacked a lot, and got back down fast to cover his position. Cafu should not start, he was practically walking in the Samp match and non of his crosses where remotely on target, so Bonera should be a definate

And we need Oliveira to start, ready or not, wether he can handle it or not, I don't care, because when we start with Gila and Pippo, I already brace myself for a draw, even before the match starts
Jack Sparrow
I suspect Oliveria will start against Anderlecht. He was good against them when he was with Betis. If he doesn't start then, that can mean only one thing, Carlo's keeping him for Inter.

My instincts seem convinced this is the matter. Trust me a million hours of football manager has sensitized me to such issues tongue.gif
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 15 2006, 09:14 PM)
a million hours of football manager has sensitized me to such issues tongue.gif

I know what you mean smile.gif
arivanjj
SQUAD FOR ANDERLECHT

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Fiori, Kalac

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic

MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Guerci huh.gif
aaron
0-3 for us Seedorf, kaka, Gila
dst
who's Guerci ??
Ahhh ... now we need strikers Milan ?? rolleyes.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (aaron @ Oct 16 2006, 08:41 AM)
0-3 for us Seedorf, kaka, Gila

Gila.....I'm quite sure he'll sit on the bench, because Superpippo will play!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 16 2006, 02:29 PM)
Gila.....I'm quite sure he'll sit on the bench, because Superpippo will play!

Yeah but next weekend were playing Palermo .. So I think Carlo wont over exhaust Pippo on this one ..
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 16 2006, 01:59 PM)
Yeah but next weekend were playing Palermo .. So I think Carlo wont over exhaust Pippo on this one ..

Pippo has to play...for my beard he has to!!!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 16 2006, 04:09 PM)
Pippo has to play...for my beard he has to!!!

laugh.gif You still didnt shave ?! pKillerMax, shaved a while ago .. biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Oct 16 2006, 02:17 PM)
laugh.gif You still didnt shave ?! pKillerMax, shaved a while ago ..  biggrin.gif

He did?....No I don't believe you... unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Oct 16 2006, 04:21 PM)
He did?....No I don't believe you... unsure.gif

Hehe .. No ... He almost did though, with that Pippo header in the 70th min .. tongue.gif
kizo
who's Guerci ??

Alex Guerci is 17-year-old midfielder. Plays in Milan youth team.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kizo @ Oct 16 2006, 07:51 AM)
Alex Guerci is 17-year-old midfielder. Plays in Milan youth team.

Are you Guerci???? biggrin.gif Midfielder as a forward... and a 17 year old at that.... we need help....

BTW, I did not shave anything LaPalma!!!
berenike_10
Hummm... hummm... I'll go ... because i'm a milanista 2-0 for milan, but i think they will tie. i dunno, lets hope they don't

i would like this squad... just to see something different and to se how they work this way, i would prefer gourcuff instead of seedorf, too bad he didn't

-----------------------dida

----simic - maldini - nesta - jankulowski

------------gattuso - pirlo - seedorf

-----------------------kaka

----------------oliveria - inzaghi
misha
Milan wary of attack-minded Anderlecht

ROME, Oct 16 (Reuters) - AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has warned his players not to expect Anderlecht to follow the example of Lille after the French side played defensively to secure a 0-0 draw against the Italians in their last Champions League match.

"They (Anderlecht) are aggressive at home. They won't just close up. It will be a different kind of match from the ones we're are used to," Ancelotti told La Gazzetta dello Sport's Web site on Monday ahead of Tuesday's Group H game.

Anderlecht might even fancy their chances of upsetting Milan, who have recently struggled to find their best form. The six-times European champions arrive in Belgium on the back of four consecutive draws - including the Lille game - a sequence which has caused the club to slip 10 points behind Serie A leaders Inter Milan.

Their strikers have not scored since Filippo Inzaghi hit the target in the 3-0 win over AEK Athens in their Champions League opener more than a month ago.

The goal drought has prompted Italian media to lament the departure of Andriy Shevchenko and criticise Italian international Alberto Gilardino, who has yet to score for the club this season.

Ancelotti, however, said that no one player was to blame. "I'm not interested in pointing the finger, only in sorting out the problem, and to do that we need to work together," he said.

"Our problems are all down to the speed we are playing at. We have to play faster and make sure we use the whole pitch - bring our wingers into play more often."

link
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 16 2006, 07:21 PM)
"They (Anderlecht) are aggressive at home. They won't just close up. It will be a different kind of match from the ones we're are used to," Ancelotti told La Gazzetta dello Sport's Web site on Monday ahead of Tuesday's Group H game.

I really do hope that he is right and that they will play this way. But I really have a feeling that they will close us down really hard, and we'll be again forced to keep making horizontal passes to try and find a way through.

QUOTE (mishale @ Oct 16 2006, 07:21 PM)
Ancelotti, however, said that no one player was to blame. "I'm not interested in pointing the finger, only in sorting out the problem, and to do that we need to work together," he said.

"Our problems are all down to the speed we are playing at. We have to play faster and make sure we use the whole pitch - bring our wingers into play more often."

I like how Carlo's thinking.

I think I would go for something like this for the formation

Bonera--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze
----Gattuso---Pirlo---Seedorf----
---------------Kaka----------------
-------Oliveira--Gilardino---------

I know that our fullbacks aren't that much attack minded but I liked how Kala played in the game against Samp and this doesn't have anything to do with him scoring the goal. Cafu should take a rest all he was doing in the last match was walking and giving bad crosses.

I wish Gourcuff could have recovered, all Seedorf needs is someone to show him that his place isn't a sure thing and he will pick up the slack.

Pippo can't keep playing all these games, we should save him for Palermo, he always usually makes some damage against them so better to keep him warm for that one. And I really want to see Gila, Oli and Kaka linking up with each other for an entire game, they could really develop some great chemistry with each other but that will only happen if they actually play together.
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 16 2006, 02:19 PM)
Bonera--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze
----Gattuso---Pirlo---Seedorf----
---------------Kaka----------------
-------Oliveira--Gilardino---------

I still prefer simic over bonera han, but kaladze is also a good choice
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 16 2006, 11:19 PM)
I know that our fullbacks aren't that much attack minded but I liked how Kala played in the game against Samp and this doesn't have anything to do with him scoring the goal. Cafu should take a rest all he was doing in the last match was walking and giving bad crosses.

I wish Gourcuff could have recovered, all Seedorf needs is someone to show him that his place isn't a sure thing and he will pick up the slack.

Pippo can't keep playing all these games, we should save him for Palermo, he always usually makes some damage against them so better to keep him warm for that one. And I really want to see Gila, Oli and Kaka linking up with each other for an entire game, they could really develop some great chemistry with each other but that will only happen if they actually play together.

So do I king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Oct 16 2006, 08:41 PM)
I still prefer simic over bonera han, but kaladze is also a good choice

Simic just doesn't do it for me on the right, I prefer Bonera to him for the RB role if Cafu is going to be rested.
Jack Sparrow
But both Bonera and Simic made defensive errors at RB didn't they? Cafu might suck going up front, but he doesn't make too many errors while defending? Or have I not seen him play for too long?
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 16 2006, 03:40 PM)
But both Bonera and Simic made defensive errors at RB didn't they? Cafu might suck going up front, but he doesn't make too many errors while defending? Or have I not seen him play for too long?

You are actually right about that one... hmmm..
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 16 2006, 11:19 PM)
but I liked how Kala played in the game against Samp and this doesn't have anything to do with him scoring the goal.

And I really want to see Gila, Oli and Kaka linking up with each other for an entire game

then what does it have to do with han ... come now you know better .. in the end Samp were only waiting for the goal to come, he wasn't pushed. I want him to play there too cause he's more defense-minded than Janku however ... biggrin.gif I'm so glad Serginho is out of the pic for awhile cause I'm bored saying that I'd love it if he didn't play !!

I'd love to see that at last !!

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 17 2006, 12:06 AM)
Simic just doesn't do it for me on the right, I prefer Bonera to him for the RB role if Cafu is going to be rested.

Cafu had better rest till the end of the season !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.