Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Portman
Serie A - Day 3

Milan vs. Ascoli

Wednesday, 20th September '06

Time: 20:30 (IT); 19:30 (UK)

The match after the Parma's one.

On the same hour of Roma-Inter...

I'll go for a 2-0. Some players may rest, as this match is in San Siro.
misha
If we will win at Parma it will be 1:0 or 2:1 But if we will lose point's then it will be something like 3:0 or 4:1
amancik
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 14 2006, 10:42 PM)
If we will win at Parma it will be 1:0 or 2:1 But if we will lose point's then it will be something like 3:0 or 4:1

huh? why is that?
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 17 2006, 01:38 AM)
On another note; I really wish we could rest Kaka, but I wouldn't risk it against Parma. Maybe we could rest him against Ascoli, play Seedorf in his spot and move gourcuff in Seedorf's place.

wink.gif

QUOTE (amancik @ Sep 17 2006, 11:03 AM)
huh? why is that?

I guess he means that if we lose today we're going to wreak our fury on Ascoli!!!! tongue.gif unsure.gif
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 17 2006, 11:57 AM)
wink.gif
I guess he means that if we lose today we're going to wreak our fury on Ascoli!!!! tongue.gif  unsure.gif

Exactly. But I hope it won't come down to that.
amancik
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 17 2006, 09:57 AM)
wink.gif
I guess he means that if we lose today we're going to wreak our fury on Ascoli!!!! tongue.gif  unsure.gif

hehehe ... that would be harsh on Ascoli

QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 17 2006, 03:45 PM)
Exactly. But I hope it won't come down to that.

yeah, I don't care if we play badly and still win ... our priority is to win ... our performance? that matters when we finally start on positive points
Portman
After the confirmation of 3 points vs. Parma, now it's Ascoli on Wednesday the next victim.

We can't afford to lose points in a Roma-Inter day. cool.gif

Forza Milan!
berenike_10
Milan will surely win... , i think the score will be 3-0 for milan, no more no less.
fresh_prince7
You'd like to think its money in the bank, easy home victory and up to +1. I just hope carlo doesn't rest too many players for this one. Hopefully the game can be wrapped up in the first half.

I think we should rest kaka', since that seemed to be the plan in the parma game. Especially with our champions league away fixture to lille. I think pirlo and kaladze need some match time. Hopefully nesta is available for this one, but if not this is the formation I wouldn't mind seeing.

Pippo (Gila 60') Oliveira
Gourcuff
Seedorf Gattuso
Pirlo
Janku Kaladze Simic Bonera
Dida

It should be an easy win, I'll go with 4-0 for this one.
misha
Milan striker blow    Mon, Sep 18 2006 11:47
AC Milan look set to be without Alberto Gilardino for Wednesday's home clash with Ascoli after he suffered a head wound. 
The Italian international needed stitches in a cut on the side of his head and was forced to leave the pitch in the first-half of Milan's 2-0 success over his former club Parma.
Gilardino, who had a fantastic time as a player at the Stadio Ennio Tardini, picked up the injury in a collision with Parma's Massimo Paci in an ariel challenge.

After being stretchered off, the 24-year-old was checked out by the Milan medical team and at this stage it appears unlikely that the striker will be fit to start the midweek home game.

Meanwhile, Milan are now up to -2 points following Sunday's victory, after their eight point deduction, with Clarence Seedorf and Kaka on the scoresheet in Parma.

link
Rossoneri7
Milan have exceeded my expectations this season .. I mean, I really thought we'd stumble alot without Sheva, but the way the team are playing they look like serious contenders. Proud .. Simply proud to be related to this club .. king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 18 2006, 08:10 PM)
Milan have exceeded my expectations this season .. I mean, I really thought we'd stumble alot without Sheva, but the way the team are playing they look like serious contenders. Proud .. Simply proud to be related to this club .. king.gif

I think all of the team has shown a lot of character, considering the blows we where dealt with in the summer.

And it still looks like our management have a keen eye on picking players that would FIT into the team, instead of going for the big names that would ultimately fail us
X-Offender
I heard on Milan Channel that Kaladze won't play, and that Maldini and Cafu probably will. Stll, nothing's certain. Here's my first 11 for this match:

Dida
Cafu Simic Maldini Jankulovski
Ambrosini
Brocchi Gourcuff
Seedorf
Inzaghi Borriello
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2006, 01:14 AM)
Dida
Cafu Simic Maldini Jankulovski

Can somebody pleeeeeeeeeease tell me where Nesta is ?! Is he injured.. AGAIN !!??
Nova
I have to work tomorrow evening so I cant upload the goals (if any).
Nova
A cool and simple 1-0 for me . I hope more offcourse , but my milan feeling says 1-0 king.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Nova @ Sep 19 2006, 01:47 AM)
A cool and simple 1-0 for me . I hope more offcourse , but my milan feeling says 1-0  king.gif

'
Common ur not generous enough, go with what u hope for tongue.gif go for 3, 4, or 5 goals smile.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Sep 18 2006, 11:30 PM)
Can somebody pleeeeeeeeeease tell me where Nesta is ?! Is he injured.. AGAIN !!??

Yeah, he had this problem to the gluteus muscles, so I doubt he'll be available for tomorrow. And though we have found a great defender in Simic so I think everything's gonna be fine.
arivanjj
should be a fun game
3 - 0 oliveira(if given the chance) will get 2 goals and kaka with another.
wink.gif
amancik
Should be a comfortable win for Milan, but Ascoli is an underdog so Milan can't be over-confident ...

I'd say 3 - 0, Inzaghi, Oliveira and Kaka' in the scoresheet
arivanjj
Channel4 - Preview

It looks like an in-form Milan will have an easy life hosting Ascoli at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in Week 3. The Rossoneri could erase their points handicap by winning this home game, but this could turn out to be trickier than it first may seem. Milan have a reputation for struggling to break down organised defensive sides and this may be the case against Ascoli.

Last season’s match at San Siro ended 1-0 for Milan and the goal was scored by Filippo Inzaghi. But the Bianconeri did their best playing the home game at Ascoli Piceno where, under a rainstorm, they managed to get an incredible 1-1 draw.

Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti seems satisfied with what the team has done up to now. The first target for this season is to delete their point deduction and a victory would see them move on to one point after three games.

However, Ancelotti may decide to rest a few key men by employing his rotation system. Marcos Cafu might make his return on the right, while Daniele Bonera, Kakha Kaladze and Alessandro Nesta are fighting for a place in the centre of defence. Marek Jankulovski and Serginho are both left-back options.

Massimo Ambrosini could play his second match this season, with Kaka or Clarence Seedorf sitting on the bench. With Alberto Gilardino injured and very likely to miss the game, Ricardo Oliveira and Filippo Inzaghi should form the attacking duo.

Ascoli Coach Attilio Tesser will probably find it difficult to sleep the night before the match. He will have a lot on his mind, trying to work out strategies to try and stop Milan. It is possible that the Ascoli boss may decide to adopt a 4-5-1 formation based on counter attack. Giampiero Perrulli, who scored against Messina last Sunday, may take the place of Michele Paolucci. Sasa Bjelanovic may be the lone striker for the Bianconeri.

If Ascoli manage to keep it tight in the first half then a miracle could become a reality. Otherwise a ‘goleada’ from the Rossoneri is to be expected.

Man on fire: Ricardo Oliveira (Milan) – With Gilardino struggling for fitness, the Brazilian will probably claim a starting place. After scoring on his debut and performing well against Parma, he now has the opportunity to show the fans that he his worthy of his £13m transfer.

Milan (probable): Dida; Cafu, Bonera, Nesta, Jankulovski; Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini; Kaka; Oliveira, Inzaghi

Ascoli (probable): Pagliuca; Foglio, Nastase, Cudini, Lukovic; Giampà, Pecchia, Zanetti, Fini, Perrulli; Bjelanovic
dst
I think Gourcuff should play tomorrow!!!
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 10:12 AM)

Yup. Good mid-week match for him.
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 08:12 PM)

if Seedorf doesn't play, i think he'll play instead of Ambrosini
Il Capitano
We lost some important points last year against Ascoli but not this year.

As long as the weather is fine we will win.

Hoping that Goliveira is gonna do some damage tomorrow.
dst
MILAN SQUAD FOR ASCOLI
9/19/2006

Here is the list of the 18 players that coach Carlo Ancelotti has called up for Milan-Ascoli:
KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac.
DEFENDERS: Paolo Maldini, Bonera, Cafu, Costacurta, Favalli, Jankulovski, Simic.
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf.
STRIKERS: Borriello, Inzaghi.
dst
No Oliveira!!!? cool.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 04:26 PM)
MILAN SQUAD FOR ASCOLI
9/19/2006

Here is the list of the 18 players that coach Carlo Ancelotti has called up for Milan-Ascoli:
KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac.
DEFENDERS: Paolo Maldini, Bonera, Cafu, Costacurta, Favalli, Jankulovski, Simic.
MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf.
STRIKERS: Borriello, Inzaghi.

No Oliveira? Hum...
misha
Dida
Cafu Bonera Maldini Jankulovski
Gattuso Pirlo Gourcuff
Kaka
Borriello Inzaghi.

I think this will be our line up. But it's possible that Ancelotti will play with one striker and will keep Borriello on the bench for back up.
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 19 2006, 07:59 PM)
I think this will be our line up. But it's possible that Ancelotti will play with one striker and will keep Borriello on the bench for back up.

Ancelotti said both Favalli and Borriello will play ... and while Marco can stay on the bench I think Favalli will be in the first XI!!!
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 08:03 PM)
Ancelotti said both Favalli and Borriello will play ... and while Marco can stay on the bench I think Favalli will be in the first XI!!!

I hope not
dst
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 19 2006, 08:14 PM)
I hope not

Against Ascoli ... I think he's more than OK!!! but then again it would be better if Janku played cause he needs more play time if he's to take Serginho's regural place (which is I hope what's going to happen sometime soon)
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 08:28 PM)
but then again it would be better if Janku played cause he needs more play time if he's to take Serginho's regural place (which is I hope what's going to happen sometime soon)

Yes.
He was good on Sunday. He and Bonera should be our regular full backs
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Sep 19 2006, 05:36 PM)
Yes.
He was good on Sunday. He and Bonera should be our regular full backs

I prefer Bonera in the centre, but he is still good as a full-back. But I think he needs to play more in the centre, because he might take over from Kaladze or Nesta someday.
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2006, 08:42 PM)
I prefer Bonera in the centre, but he is still good as a full-back. But I think he needs to play more in the centre, because he might take over from Kaladze or Nesta someday.

For now, I want him in the RB position cuz Cafu isn't enough anymore and we don't have anyone else (Simic is a CB now). In a centre we have more choice. He did good and quiet job against Parma and I hope he will keep it up.
In the future ,if we will buy a decent RB I would love to see him as our regular CB.
redbabies
Borrielli will start for sure. Milan can not afford to play with just one striker (Inzaghi) at home, coz as you know the only strikers called up for this match are Pippo and Marco.
and Favalli cry.gif ... i dont know, maybe its better to play him against teams like Ascoli then against better teams.
X-Offender
If I was Carlo I would rest Pirlo and Kakà so they can play with their full potential against Livorno and Lille. Put Ambro and Gourcuff instead.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2006, 07:49 PM)
If I was Carlo I would rest Pirlo and Kakà so they can play with their full potential against Livorno and Lille. Put Ambro and Gourcuff instead.

I hope he really does that. Kaka was supposed to be rested in the Parma match, but that backfired because of the Gila incedent. I hope Carlo rests him in this match and also Pirlo.

So my line up for this one is

Bonera--Maldino--Simic--Janku
---Brocchi--Ambro--Seedorf---
------------Gourcuff-------------
---------Pippo---Boriello--------

Cafu might be the starter, but it doesn't really matter wether it's him or Bonera playing as RB. Maldini and Simic are the sure things in the center and I think Carlo will favour Janku considering his performance in the last match.

Brocchi and Ambro should step in for Rino and Pirlo, Seedorf's experiance is needed if we are to play with that line-up so no rest for him.

Gourcuff to come in for Kaka, if he can't handle all the pressure of playing in that position, him and Seedorf switch positions and problem would be solved.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2006, 11:37 PM)

I love this line-up but it's Maldinho!!! tongue.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2006, 11:37 PM)
Gourcuff to come in for Kaka, if he can't handle all the pressure of playing in that position, him and Seedorf switch positions and problem would be solved.

biggrin.gif Football is not that simple but I like it pal!!!! biggrin.gif
Portman
I agree with han's 11. We should really look foward to Livorno and Lille's games and rest some players in San Siro. Two away matches in 3 days it's always hard. And Livorno are motivated... they just won (at home) vs. Viola.

Obviously we should not underestimate Ascoli too.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 19 2006, 09:37 PM)
So my line up for this one is

I like your line-up but Carlo said Cafu and Favalli are a sure thing so...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 08:43 PM)
I love this line-up but it's Maldinho!!! tongue.gif

Maldinho, I LIKE that!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 08:43 PM)
biggrin.gif Football is not that simple but I like it pal!!!! biggrin.gif

It only get's complicated if you choose to make it that way. wink.gif

Man, I should really consider coaching as a profession biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 19 2006, 08:58 PM)
I like your line-up but Carlo said Cafu and Favalli are a sure thing so...

I didn't read anything about Favalli being a sure thing. I really hope not, because with him that left side would be useless. He is good (and I use that term loosly) defensivley, but when TRYING to attack on the flanks, he is completely hopeless.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 20 2006, 12:00 AM)
It only get's complicated if you choose to make it that way.

it's definetely more profound than "Change those players' position and it's done" biggrin.gif wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 20 2006, 12:02 AM)
I didn't read anything about Favalli being a sure thing. I really hope not, because with him that left side would be useless. He is good (and I use that term loosly) defensivley, but when TRYING to attack on the flanks, he is completely hopeless.

I like him more than Serginho nonetheless ... cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 09:03 PM)
it's definetely more profound than "Change those players' position and it's done"  biggrin.gif  wink.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Sep 19 2006, 09:03 PM)
I like him more than Serginho nonetheless ...  cool.gif

You like him because

A) He is more defensive tongue.gif
B ) Because he is an italian. And we all know how obseesed you are with the all italian defense tongue.gif
C) He is an ACTUAL LB and NOT a winger tongue.gif
D) Because he scored on the merda (which is the only reason why I like him) tongue.gif
arivanjj
i don't like resting players.

so i hope this is the line-up:
-------------Dida----------------
Cafu--Costacurta--Simic--Maldini
---Gattuso---Pirlo---Seedorf---
--------------Kaka-------------
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Sep 19 2006, 09:17 PM)
i don't like resting players.

So are you telling me that you liked last season's motto.

Change the whole team before an important match, but other then that play the same starting 11 for the rest of the season, even if the players get burned out by the end, it's better to play with you best 11.

The rotation sytem will only prove to be useful for the longevity of the season. This way everyone will remain fresh for as long as possible.
Il Capitano
I don't mind resting Oliveira but leaving him out of the squad was a bit extreme. We don't got that many strikers.

What if things do go as planed.
han2503
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ Sep 19 2006, 09:26 PM)
I don't mind resting Oliveira but leaving him out of the squad was a bit extreme. We don't got that many strikers.

What if things do go as planed.

They probably left him to recoup at Milanello, from what I heard on the radio during the game he was getting some tough treatment on the pitch against Parma, something he probably isn't used to in the Spanish league. But he still managed to produce a great game, and if it wasn't for a great save from the keeper he could have gotten on the scoresheet again.

But I'm sure Pippo will get the job done, even without Oli-gol next to him. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.