> Serie A - Week 16 - AC Milan vs. AS Roma, Date: 16/12/13 Time: 20:45 CET

Danny
post Dec 17 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #161

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Dec 17 2013, 01:53 PM) *
I would welcome anyone that has some back bone at this point and has the tactics , morale boost...

tbh a change in boss, 9 times out of 10, does see a big shift in performances, purely on the basis of that morale boost you allude to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 17 2013, 03:10 PM
Post #162

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2013, 04:09 PM) *
Our attack has Kaka, Balo (when he decides to play) and that's it. Defence is slowly improving but hasn't been impressive since Sandro and Silva left. Midfield is really, really weak tbh. With Monto out of form, Poli struggling a little of late and Muntari's unpredictability it's left to NDJ to be the only real consistent performer there.

Maybe a new coach would fix the midfield but I'm not overly convinced this squad/first team, even on paper, is as strong as any of Roma, Juve or Napoli.

Are Inler, Behrami and Dzemaili that much better than De Jong, Poli and Montolivo? Are Fernandez, Albiol and Britos better than Mexes, Zapata and Bonera? I think not. Napoli have a very strong attack, but their defence and midfield are in no way superior to ours. And in attack we have Balo and Kaká, not exactly Serie B players.

Nah man, if those players you mentioned are under-performing, if this team is under-performing, then look no further. I don't believe for one bit that this Milan is a b-side team, like Nova likes to call it. Is it anywhere near as good as the old Milan? Of course not, but in the context of the competitiveness of the actual Serie A, it's Top 5 material without the shadow of a doubt.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 17 2013, 03:36 PM
Post #163

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 932

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2013, 07:05 PM) *
tbh a change in boss, 9 times out of 10, does see a big shift in performances, purely on the basis of that morale boost you allude to.

Yep and nearly always when they come in they start with a win ! maybe before the derby match...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 17 2013, 03:52 PM
Post #164

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Are Inler, Behrami and Dzemaili that much better than De Jong, Poli and Montolivo? Are Fernandez, Albiol and Britos better than Mexes, Zapata and Bonera? I think not. Napoli have a very strong attack, but their defence and midfield are in no way superior to ours. And in attack we have Balo and Kaká, not exactly Serie B players.

Nah man, if those players you mentioned are under-performing, if this team is under-performing, then look no further. I don't believe for one bit that this Milan is a b-side team, like Nova likes to call it. Is it anywhere near as good as the old Milan? Of course not, but in the context of the competitiveness of the actual Serie A, it's Top 5 material without the shadow of a doubt.

Yes I agree. Which is why I mentioned Napoli, Juve and Roma as being better than us. I think at very very best we're 4th place quality, but even 5th place is out of reach thanks to our dreadful current form.

Just as an aside though, to play devil's advocate; what if we get the new coach you in particular want and results do not improve?

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 17 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #165

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Ry4n @ Dec 17 2013, 02:36 PM) *
Yep and nearly always when they come in they start with a win ! maybe before the derby match...

Not a chance tbh.

I always said Allegri will not be fired because Silvio refuses to pay him off. And I stand by that. Allegri won't resign because then he misses out on said pay off.

The only way imo is a 'mutual consent' situation where Silvio asks him to resign by way of a reduced 'golden handshake'. Which, in case you don't know, is another phrase for a lump sum when you get fired.

In short, a polite firing. Where Allegri agrees to it and accepts less of a bumper pay off.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 17 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #166

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Just as an aside though, to play devil's advocate; what if we get the new coach you in particular want and results do not improve?

What if we sign both Ronaldo and Messi and they suck? Everything's possible, but the probability of it happening is very small.

I think we need a really, really good coach, Capello/Hiddink level. Allegri has messed this side so much, that even a regularly fine coach could fail at it.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 17 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #167

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2013, 07:55 PM) *
Not a chance tbh.

I always said Allegri will not be fired because Silvio refuses to pay him off. And I stand by that. Allegri won't resign because then he misses out on said pay off.

The only way imo is a 'mutual consent' situation where Silvio asks him to resign by way of a reduced 'golden handshake'. Which, in case you don't know, is another phrase for a lump sum when you get fired.

In short, a polite firing. Where Allegri agrees to it and accepts less of a bumper pay off.

Oh i know hes not going to get fired regardless of results until the end of the season. I think even Allegri wants to leave at this point he looks out of touch with everything at Milan.

p.s the golden handshake i dont think will happen as Milan can ill afford to let him go for a lump sum or i think we would have done earlier. Everyone at Milan was banking on the Balo - Kaka' paying off at least until January transfer when the two new players come in.

This post has been edited by Ry4n: Dec 17 2013, 04:06 PM

+Quote Post

Danny
post Dec 17 2013, 04:24 PM
Post #168

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 17 2013, 02:57 PM) *
What if we sign both Ronaldo and Messi and they suck? Everything's possible, but the probability of it happening is very small.

I think we need a really, really good coach, Capello/Hiddink level. Allegri has messed this side so much, that even a regularly fine coach could fail at it.

I'd bite your arm off for Hiddink. Wonderful coach.

+Quote Post

Ry4n
post Dec 17 2013, 08:06 PM
Post #169

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2013, 08:24 PM) *
I'd bite your arm off for Hiddink. Wonderful coach.

I'm getting dejavu !

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2013, 10:00 AM
Post #170

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

New poll here

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Dec 18 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #171

Inter-Milan thread, anyone? Apparently Urby will be out for injury.

Probable line-up (for the time being): Abbiati; De Sciglio, Bonera, Zapata, Constant; Poli, De Jong, Muntari; Kakà, Balotelli; Matri.

Link

No Constant! Play Bonera on the right and DS as LB.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 18 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #172

Primavera
Group Icon

Here you go..

+Quote Post

William405
post Dec 18 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #173

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,239

What would we do without you Pippo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 19 2013, 10:12 AM
Post #174

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 18 2013, 09:21 PM) *
What would we do without you Pippo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 08:17 AM