> 20/02/07 - CL - Celtic v Milan

dst
post Feb 17 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #31

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Then Kaka should play up front with Gourcuff behind him!

--------Gourcuff---------

-----Oli--------Kaka-----

We can't play with one up front again and I don't think anyone really counts on Willy for such a game...

This post has been edited by dst: Feb 17 2007, 09:39 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 17 2007, 09:42 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

This means it's time for the xmas tree with Oli finally being the one alone in attack

Gourcuff should be next to Kaka with Seedorf in the midfield next to Rino and Pirlo

+Quote Post

milanistar
post Feb 17 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #33

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 605

What about Gila, I'm 100% he'll play! Here's my line-up:

Storari
Oddo-Bonera-Don Paolo-Janku
Gattuso-Pirlo-Brocchi
Kakà-Seedorf
Gila

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 17 2007, 11:15 PM
Post #34

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

^^^

I like ur formation .. Except Kalac for Storari and Oli for Gila .. Carlo said he wont recover in time for this match.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Feb 18 2007, 10:03 AM
Post #35

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

2-1 to Celtic. But I think Seedorf/Oli/Oddo knocks in the crucial away goal.

Celtic plan will be simple, get physical with Kaka and shut him down. Pressure Pirlo and Seedorf into mistakes, and also pepper in a lot of long range layoff shots, keep Maldini ineffective, and the midfield pegged back.

This might seem a bit outta the blue here, but I'm going out on a limb and saying our hopes in this match rest on Oddo and Oli. I woulda said Pirlo, but this season, I'll consider 90 minutes without a goof up as a good match from Andy P.

Oli and Oddo are their unseen quantities. If Oli get into Real Betis gear, and Oddo can push forward well enough, I'm thinking we'll squeeze in a goal.

For me, the formation Carletto will play will be something like

GK: Storari. (Kalac and Dida out. Storari has already had his bad game for the week, so I'm confident about this one, of course we'll still concede, but it won't be all his fault)

DF: Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Janku

MF: Brocchi, Pirlo, Rino, Ricky, Seedorf

FW: Oli

Yoann coming in for Andy, Possibly Brocchi playing as a RM, like he used to in the old days, in a desperate bid to give us width if the sh!t truly does hit the fan.

Celtic haven't got Petrov, thank heaven for Martin O Neill. Brocchi should take care of Nakamura, without the getting red carded bit. Janku should stay back defending in the first half while Oddo marauds, and vice versa in the second half. At no point in the game should we be left with 2 defenders only at the goal. Esp, not at Celtic Park. Rino should stay behind Pirlo AT ALL TIMES. So if Andy loses the ball, Nakamura isn't looking at a shocked Bonera's face.

Will be interesting to see if Grimi gets a look in, but I think we should play it really safe the first leg. I'll welcome a 1-1 draw. But we can't afford to lose by a margin of more than 1 goal.

Celtic might play a 4-3-3 I'd guess. Could work to our advantage. They need to win, we know that. We can get off with a draw, but they can't be sure we won't force for a win.

All depends on how well Carletto plays his chess game.

This post has been edited by Jack Sparrow: Feb 18 2007, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 18 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 18 2007, 09:03 AM)

Celtic plan will be simple, get physical with Kaka and shut him down. Pressure Pirlo and Seedorf into mistakes, and also pepper in a lot of long range layoff shots, keep Maldini ineffective, and the midfield pegged back.

This might seem a bit outta the blue here, but I'm going out on a limb and saying our  hopes in this match rest on Oddo and Oli. I woulda said Pirlo, but this season, I'll consider 90 minutes without a goof up as a good match from Andy P.

Oli and Oddo are their unseen quantities. If Oli get into Real Betis gear, and Oddo can push forward well enough, I'm thinking we'll squeeze in a goal.

GK: Storari. (Kalac and Dida out. Storari has already had his bad game for the week, so I'm confident about this one, of course we'll still concede, but it won't be all his fault)

Yoann coming in for Andy, Possibly Brocchi playing as a RM, like he used to in the old days, in a desperate bid to give us width if the sh!t truly does hit the fan.

Celtic haven't got Petrov, thank heaven for Martin O Neill. Brocchi should take care of Nakamura, without the getting red carded bit. Janku should stay back defending in the first half while Oddo marauds, and vice versa in the second half. At no point in the game should we be left with 2 defenders only at the goal. Esp, not at Celtic Park. Rino should stay behind Pirlo AT ALL TIMES. So if Andy loses the ball, Nakamura isn't looking at a shocked Bonera's face.

Will be interesting to see if Grimi gets a look in, but I think we should play it really safe the first leg. I'll welcome a 1-1 draw. But we can't afford to lose by a margin of more than 1 goal.

Celtic might play a 4-3-3 I'd guess. Could work to our advantage. They need to win, we know that. We can get off with a draw, but they can't be sure we won't force for a win.

Great post Jack (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

But Celtic will most likely play a 4-4-1-1, Nakamura on the right side and cuts in to the middle.

I'm thinkink that our formation will most likely be the xmas tree, something like this

Oddo--Bonera--Maldini--Janku
-Rino--Pirlo--Brocchi/Yoann-
--------Kaka--Seedorf-------
-----------Oli--------------

R7 why would you want Kalac? Storari is better and the goals scored against us in yesterday's game where not his fault, all 3 goals he came up face to face with a Siena player that was all alone. I can't understand how you expected him to save those.

+Quote Post

armiss
post Feb 18 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 3,312

if Oli have more self confidence , something like he show parts of it in siena game , he will be definitly enough and very Dangerous (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

armiss
post Feb 18 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Regionali B

those Players that i think can be more decisive are : kaka , Gourcuff , Bonera

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 18 2007, 11:31 AM
Post #39

Smoking Bianco

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 18 2007, 12:03 PM)

This might seem a bit outta the blue here, but I'm going out on a limb and saying our  hopes in this match rest on Oddo and Oli. I woulda said Pirlo, but this season, I'll consider 90 minutes without a goof up as a good match from Andy P.

Great post (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif) ..

But I also agree w/ han about the Nakamura thing .. mmm ... In a kockout round, I think Milan have the advantage, given that we play at the San Siro for the 2nd leg; but plaing at Celtic park w/ Storari, we'll get rapped. lossing by 1-2 wont be bad .. I hope for a tie though.

@han .. I think I just posted this all over the forum ... Storari isn't exactly a dependable gkeeper. He never was, even as a first team player for Messina .. He rarell kept a clean sheet. Against Celtic ? I doubt he'll keep one. But Kalac, I consider better, cuz he has at least played several games for Milan and the fact that he kept a clean sheet against Bayern helps me breath.

In the end both Kalac and Storari arent first team quality, nor Milan quality. So I wont feel comfortable with either in goal.

+Quote Post

armiss
post Feb 18 2007, 11:39 AM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 18 2007, 01:33 PM)

they have qualities and one of them is nakamura but they will not act physical , i think they have different plans

most important factor for them is our weaknesses that they talked about it ,
first we must back and work on our weak points , this is more important than any other elements , we have almost every other factor to beat them there in celtic park and here in san siro (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

This post has been edited by armisse: Feb 18 2007, 11:46 AM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Feb 18 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 18 2007, 10:31 AM)
@han .. I think I just posted this all over the forum ... Storari isn't exactly a dependable gkeeper. He never was, even as a first team player for Messina .. He rarell kept a clean sheet. Against Celtic ? I doubt he'll keep one. But Kalac, I consider better, cuz he has at least played several games for Milan and the fact that he kept a clean sheet against Bayern helps me breath.

In the end both Kalac and Storari arent first team quality, nor Milan quality. So I wont feel comfortable with either in goal.

He rarely kept a clean sheet with Messina because of the terrible defence he had infront of him. Last nights goals shouldn't justify the way that people are suddenly coming down on him after all the praise he got last weekend.

I know he is capable of a couple of blunders now and then, but Kalac does one at least in every match, the only good one he had was againstUdinese other then that he always screwed up. Against Bayern it was the last 15 minutes or so that he played and our defence kept it tight enough that he didn't even have to make a save.

Storari is good enough for our bench, I am more comfortable with him playing rather then Kalac, . Yesterday's goals was all our defence's fault, all 3 times they left the Siena strikers open and able to shoot from point blank range he couldn't do anything about either one of them

This post has been edited by han2503: Feb 18 2007, 11:43 AM

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Feb 18 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #42

Smoking Bianco

It is pointless for me to argue ... I guess u'll have to wait for Tuesday (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

p.s. Kalac in goal for 15 mins against Bayern in the Allenz arena, isn't as easy as u think .. Even with 8 defenders covering his ground.

+Quote Post

agenth
post Feb 18 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #43

Kaka's fangirl, and proud =]

Member No.: 2,687

winning CL games @ Celtic Park are something big...
So it's either 1-0 to Celtic
or 0-0

ÄÄI hope that we trash them in San Siro, but welll
*looks at the defense*

+Quote Post

misha
post Feb 18 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #44

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

Inzaghi misses Celtic match

Milan are facing an injury crisis for their trip to Celtic, as Pippo Inzaghi and Nelson Dida are out of action, while Alberto Gilardino may not be fit to play.

Carlo Ancelotti had warned yesterday evening that he did not believe the two Italian strikers would recover in time for Tuesday’s Champions League encounter.

He released the squad details this morning and, as expected, Inzaghi has not made the journey to Glasgow.

Although Gilardino is included in the 21-man group, there are major doubts over whether he can take part due to a knee injury.

Ronaldo is Cup-tied after playing in the tournament with Real Madrid this season and Marco Borriello is suspended for failing a random drugs test.

This means Ancelotti has only one fully fit striker at his disposal – Ricardo Oliveira – while he has brought along youth team player Davide Di Gennaro, who is yet to make an official appearance for the club in any competition.

It’s expected Ricardo Oliveira will start upfront supported by Kaka in a more advanced role, bulking up the midfield. The former Betis forward is yet to score in five Champions League appearances.

Goalkeeper Dida has also remained in Milan, though Clarence Seedorf returns after skipping Saturday’s 4-3 win at Siena with a muscular problem.

In defence, Massimo Oddo is expected to make his European debut for the Rossoneri after joining from Lazio in January.

German referee Wolfgang Stark has been assigned to the Champions League game at Celtic Park.

Milan squad: Storari, Kalac, Fiori; Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Costacurta, Simic, Jankulovski, Bonera, Oddo; Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Di Gennaro.

Football Italia

+Quote Post

misha
post Feb 18 2007, 03:13 PM
Post #45

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 787

DP

This post has been edited by mishale: Feb 18 2007, 03:16 PM

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:28 AM