Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Galliani sounds calcio warning

Rossoneri7
post Nov 22 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #1

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

Milan vice-President Adriano Galliani has warned Italian football must change its economic rules to keep up with Spanish sides.

“We did what we had to with Kaka, penning a new five-year contract. We’ll keep Kaka close by, but Spanish football has an advantage on the transfer market because of their more comfortable economic packages, lower taxation and relaxed rules on non-EU players,” explained the former Lega Calcio chief.

“All these other players we’re interested in cannot be picked up because of their passports. If this system doesn’t change, the Serie A sides won’t be able to play many Champions League Finals over the next few years.”

The Rossoneri have been locked in several transfer battles with Real Madrid this year, including over Kaka, Higuain and Marcelo.

“If you count up the number of big players Milan and Inter signed 10 years ago and their transfer activity this summer, you’ll see an incredible difference. The limits on non-EU members entering Serie A has seen important figures leave Italy, including two Ballon d’Or winners this summer in the form of Andriy Shevchenko and Fabio Cannavaro.

“If something isn’t done about it, then calcio faces a bleak future purely from a level of infrastructure.”

Galliani was also upset at the number of fitness issues affecting Milan this season, as Dario Simic pulled out during the warm-up of their 1-0 Champions League defeat at AEK Athens.

“Before the game I was counting how many players were injured and by the end of the match it was six just from the defence and goalkeeping sections. It’s really incredible, I can’t figure out how we’ve managed such a run of bad luck.”

They have nonetheless qualified top of Group H thanks to their record against the other clubs, so the vice-President is confident.

“We have to get back some of our injured players, but above all some good fortune, as the team does create a lot of scoring opportunities.

The Champions League is our natural stage. I think our passage to the next phase will prove to be a turning point, as I saw the players smiling and relieved at the final whistle,” he continued.

“People act as if Milan have been in a crisis forever, but our first defeat was October 22 after 11 games without losing in all competitions. This side is not ringing the death bells yet. It was caused by the lack of holiday and early start to the Champions League, the Calciopoli trial, injuries and bad luck, so it all came together.”

The real problem has been the lack of goals, especially when it comes to the forwards, but once again in Athens they were kept out by the frame.

“The difference between an upright and a goal is a couple of centimetres, so I consider all those posts we’ve hit with alarming regularity to be semi-goals and that reduces the deficit we can see,” insisted Galliani.

Milan are facing a future without Paolo Maldini, with reports today that he is to retire at the end of the campaign.

“I haven’t asked Paolo. It’s purely a physical issue and he’ll see how he feels at the end of the season, I don’t think he’s made a decision yet. He is so strong that he could play until the age of 45, the only problem is the cartilage.”

Football Italia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 22 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #2

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

He's got a point there: 6 injuries are A LOT. And with the poor bench we've got things don't get better. That's why they should make a couple of sigings in January cause I think these injuries won't stop 'till the end of the season.

+Quote Post

jbryant1
post Nov 22 2006, 08:28 AM
Post #3

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 874

It sounds like another excuse to me. The point he's making here is that its somehow the Italian federations fault. Its something outside of his own decisions which has brought this situations to where it is. Whereas majority of the rest of the world knew we would need real refreshments in defense and offense.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 22 2006, 11:54 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

He was president of Serie A not so long ago, why didn't push for changed then? It seems to me yet more excuses coming from him. Firstly we had refs, then luck and now this! I wonder what will be next?

This post has been edited by I_Rossoneri: Nov 22 2006, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 23 2006, 01:16 AM
Post #5

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Nov 22 2006, 04:54 PM)
He was president of Serie A not so long ago, why didn't push for changed then? It seems to me yet more excuses coming from him. Firstly we had refs, then luck and now this! I wonder what will be next?

His bald head reflects stadium lights and blinds our players...

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 23 2006, 02:28 AM
Post #6

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

He should focus on helping the team qualify for the CL first and stop dreaming about finals !! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

and what the f@ck is next ... pKillerMax's excuse sounds better to me !!

+Quote Post

kdman
post Nov 23 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #7

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 53

Why can't he admit his transfer policies have finally backfired? Clutching at straws for excuses.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 23 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #8

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (kdman @ Nov 23 2006, 08:10 AM)
Why can't he admit his transfer policies have finally backfired? Clutching at straws for excuses.

Spot on! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Nov 23 2006, 11:54 AM
Post #9

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 23 2006, 12:16 AM)
His bald head reflects stadium lights and blinds our players...

Hahaha (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:20 PM