> CL - Group Stage - Ajax - AC Milan, Date: 29/09/10 Time: 20:45 CET

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 27 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #31

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

Hmm. So we're playing for a draw then?? Can we start Robinho deep? 4-4-2...with him and Abate on either wing?

Zambro----Nesta/Silva/Sok-----Nesta/Silva----Antonini
------------------------Rino/Flam--------------------------
Abate----------------Seedorf------------------Robinho------
---------------Ibra--------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Pippo------------------------------

Sort of a 4-4-2 diamond. But Abate and Robinho would be starting wide deep. Abate we know goes to the byline..and Robinho cuts in. Ibra's got the free role.

Not sure how much of passing this formation lends itself too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 12:38 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

I don't understand why he would rest them against Ajax. He should rest them on the weekend against Parma. Especially Pirlo and Ibra.

We really can't afford to not win this game against Ajax. I don't even want to think about the Real games we have coming up

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Sep 27 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #33

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

It's Ajax away right? A draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

Secondly..we can't say..maybe for once the coach is actually listening to Milan lab. He knows his players are getting close to being overworked..and this early in the season can't be good.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

What is this draw talking? We are going to beat Ajax...

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 01:38 PM) *
I don't understand why he would rest them against Ajax. He should rest them on the weekend against Parma. Especially Pirlo and Ibra.

We really can't afford to not win this game against Ajax. I don't even want to think about the Real games we have coming up

I am more worried about our Parma game than Ajax to be honest. I have more faith in Pippo against Ajax than against Parma as Zlatan's alternative. But if we wanna start Zlatan we cannot let him play the whole match. I'm not sure it's smart to let him start the game.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 27 2010, 01:08 PM

+Quote Post

shevchenko_007
post Sep 27 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #35

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,289

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 27 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Hmm. So we're playing for a draw then?? Can we start Robinho deep? 4-4-2...with him and Abate on either wing?

Zambro----Nesta/Silva/Sok-----Nesta/Silva----Antonini
------------------------Rino/Flam--------------------------
Abate----------------Seedorf------------------Robinho------
---------------Ibra--------------------------------------------
-----------------------------Pippo------------------------------

Sort of a 4-4-2 diamond. But Abate and Robinho would be starting wide deep. Abate we know goes to the byline..and Robinho cuts in. Ibra's got the free role.

Not sure how much of passing this formation lends itself too.

I think this a very interesting approach and if it can be done right then it could really work, especially giving ibra a free role. If pippo starts guaranteed he will get at least 1.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 02:25 PM
Post #36

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 27 2010, 12:01 PM) *

Secondly..we can't say..maybe for once the coach is actually listening to Milan lab. He knows his players are getting close to being overworked..and this early in the season can't be good.

Imo we need to win these games against Ajax and Auxerre if we want top spot. The games against Real aren't going to be like last season.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2010, 12:07 PM) *
I am more worried about our Parma game than Ajax to be honest. I have more faith in Pippo against Ajax than against Parma as Zlatan's alternative. But if we wanna start Zlatan we cannot let him play the whole match. I'm not sure it's smart to let him start the game.

Yep neither Zlatan or Pirlo should be playing full games, against Ajax and Parma, but the way I'm making my calculations, about our CL group we really can't afford to drop these points against Ajax tomorrow, and anything but a full strength 11 won't do. I think some are under estimating Ajax. Pippo should come on for Zlatan at some point in the game, but not start ahead of him

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Sep 27 2010, 03:41 PM
Post #37

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

1) It's Ajax we face, not Real Madrid. We should be able to win the game without those players

2) Maybe Allegri's priority is the Scudetto. Maybe he thinks Milan cannot win the CL with such a squad, so what's the difference in being first or second - eliminated in last 16 round or quater final? Okay, we loose money, but also strenght for league games.

+Quote Post

samira
post Sep 27 2010, 03:56 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,087

Pato will probably be back for the Real Madrid game and Chievo in October and Amborsini is back for Parma I think.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 04:16 PM
Post #39

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 03:25 PM) *
Yep neither Zlatan or Pirlo should be playing full games, against Ajax and Parma, but the way I'm making my calculations, about our CL group we really can't afford to drop these points against Ajax tomorrow, and anything but a full strength 11 won't do. I think some are under estimating Ajax. Pippo should come on for Zlatan at some point in the game, but not start ahead of him

I disagree about the bolded part. We can beat Ajax without Zlatan and Pirlo in our first team. Seedorf and Pippo are good alternatives for them, well at least Seedorf is, but in CL both seem to be rocking. And Seedorf is very good in founding(assisting) Pippo. Two assists Seedorf, two goals Pippo last season against Marseille or so. And in Barça Seedorf to Pippo again. They are a couple, our CL couple. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

I just really got the feeling Zlatan NEEDS rest. Zlatan and Pirlo on the bench, just in case...

After saying this, I'm sure Allegri would do something else than I pointed out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #40

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 27 2010, 02:01 PM) *

Ajax are crap. If we can't beat them, then it's useless to even try winning the Champions League.

QUOTE (samira @ Sep 27 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Pato will probably be back for the Real Madrid game and Chievo in October and Amborsini is back for Parma I think.

Actually, Pato might be ready for Parma. Galliani said it today in Malpensa.

Anyway, from what I've gathered these last couple of days, this should be our starting line-up:

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Boateng - Pirlo - Flamini
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

Dinho on the bench, finally.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Sep 27 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #41

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Sep 27 2010, 02:41 PM) *
1) It's Ajax we face, not Real Madrid. We should be able to win the game without those players

2) Maybe Allegri's priority is the Scudetto. Maybe he thinks Milan cannot win the CL with such a squad, so what's the difference in being first or second - eliminated in last 16 round or quater final? Okay, we loose money, but also strenght for league games.

Still some are taking it too lightly

It's harder to win the Scudetto with the squad we have then the CL. Imo we need to advance ayleast to the quarters, not just for out money, but the co-efficiants as well. Antoher bad year and Italy are done for

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 27 2010, 03:16 PM) *
I disagree about the bolded part. We can beat Ajax without Zlatan and Pirlo in our first team. Seedorf and Pippo are good alternatives for them, well at least Seedorf is, but in CL both seem to be rocking. And Seedorf is very good in founding(assisting) Pippo. Two assists Seedorf, two goals Pippo last season against Marseille or so. And in Barça Seedorf to Pippo again. They are a couple, our CL couple. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

I just really got the feeling Zlatan NEEDS rest. Zlatan and Pirlo on the bench, just in case...

After saying this, I'm sure Allegri would do something else than I pointed out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Seedorf and Pippo are rocking in the CL? The only game wee played in the CL is against Auxerre where Seedorf was probably our worst player and Pippo didn't play...

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2010, 03:32 PM) *
Ajax are crap. If we can't beat them, then it's useless to even try winning the Champions League.

Actually, Pato might be ready for Parma. Galliani said it today in Malpensa.

Anyway, from what I've gathered these last couple of days, this should be our starting line-up:

Abbiati
Zambrotta - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Boateng - Pirlo - Flamini
Seedorf
Robinho - Ibrahimovic

Dinho on the bench, finally.

The thought of Seedorf playing behind the strikers makes me cringe to no end! We tried it last year, FAIL. We tried it under Carlo, FAIL. Seedorf is not an attacking midfielder. I'd rather we push Pirlo up there instead of him if Ronnie is really going to be dropped, which I still can't see happening at this point, not with the alternatives available to Allegri. Then again, dropping him might be good, last season Leo dropped him for a month or so and he came back playing a lot better

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 05:56 PM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 06:51 PM) *
Seedorf and Pippo are rocking in the CL? The only game wee played in the CL is against Auxerre where Seedorf was probably our worst player and Pippo didn't play...

That's one game. If you have followed AC Milan these years (and I'm sure you have) you know Seedorf and Inzaghi have been key players for us in CL over and over again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Against Ajax it should work IMO.

And our line-up/midfield was picked very wrong by Allegri that match, so I'm not surprised he failed that match.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Sep 27 2010, 05:58 PM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Sep 27 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #43

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,660

3-1 milan.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Sep 27 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #44

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 27 2010, 06:51 PM) *
The thought of Seedorf playing behind the strikers makes me cringe to no end! We tried it last year, FAIL. We tried it under Carlo, FAIL. Seedorf is not an attacking midfielder. I'd rather we push Pirlo up there instead of him if Ronnie is really going to be dropped, which I still can't see happening at this point, not with the alternatives available to Allegri. Then again, dropping him might be good, last season Leo dropped him for a month or so and he came back playing a lot better

With Seedorf as AM we won a Champions League. Still, that doesn't justify the fact he should be a starter. But the alternative named Ronaldinho is even worse, from my point of view, so we can't really do anything about it. At least the team will be more balanced.

The way I see it, during this signing campaign we strengthened our center defense and attack, which had major flaws. Next summer we should strengthen our side defense by signing a fullback or two, and midfield by signing a great AM and possibly another central midfielder if Ambro and/or Gattuso are leaving. Only then our team will be complete.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Sep 27 2010, 07:15 PM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 27 2010, 08:11 PM) *
But the alternative named Ronaldinho is even worse, from my point of view, so we can't really do anything about it. At least the team will be more balanced.

When Ronaldinho keeps playing he does then that's definitely true. Also, our attacks will be faster. We will be a better team.

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:17 AM