Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Serie A - Week 12 - Inter - Milan, Date: 14/11/10 Time: 20:45 CET

CHU-LIP
post Nov 11 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

Of course you don't mention about Gattuso winning the ball so often, etc. And hello? If one player is a problem it's Ronaldinho. I understand you prefer others over Gattuso, but to say he's not good enough? Come on...

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Nov 11 2010, 07:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 11 2010, 07:38 PM) *
Of course you don't mention about Gattuso winning the ball so often, etc. And hello? If one player is a problem it's Ronaldinho. And also, Boateng hasn't really showed to be a better choice than Gattuso, the opposite is true. I understand you prefer others over Gattuso, but to say he's not good enough? Come on...

The number of times Rino won the ball, I can count on one hand. How is that good enough for the DM? Pirlo probably won more balls then him!! If you see Dinho as a problem, an attacker, then I seriously don't understand how you wouldn't view Rino as a problem. He plays in one of the most crucial positions. Dinho plays like cr@p? We have trouble scoring. Rino plays like cr@p? We conceed... I'd rather not score then conceed if it really came down to a choice. Just for the record, I think both are problematic in top games (Dinho and Rino, Seedorf as well, but we have our backs to the walls with Pirlo and Pato out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) If it were up to me non of those 3 would be playing in the Inter match). Inter fans are hoping for Rino to play, that should be enough to convince you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

You were singing Boateng's praises just a couple of weeks ago, he's been doing great and really gives us that final ingredient we were missing in midfield. Rino when compared to Flamini and Ambro, has no business being on that pitch, unless both are injured. If you go back through threads you will see the countless arguments me and kurt had about Rino, but sadly Rino is no longer good enough to be a starter for us. Especially when we have such better options to play instead of him. Also Rino vs Boateng shouldn't really come into this, since both are completely different players.

+Quote Post

servbot
post Nov 11 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #33

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,771

I would prefer Gattuso to start over Boateng in this match. It's going to sound strange since Gattuso got the red card last year, but I think Boateng might be a little too reckless in a match of this pressure, and much more of a red card threat. I say let the experienced Gattuso bring it in the first half and have Boateng come in when Gattuso runs out of gas, at a point where he's seen the match/atmosphere/tempo from the sideline and hopefully is able to get in the flow of it easier than at start.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 11 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #34

Giovanissimi Nazionali

First of all, it's so annoying I only see you reading this topic after you posted, that's annoying when it comes to editing my posts. I edited the Boateng part away, because indeed he has been good, though Gattuso has been even better IMO (and I prefer Flamini over Prince, at least for now), but I agree they are different players. That's also a reason why I edited it away.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Dinho plays like cr@p? We have trouble scoring. Rino plays like cr@p? We conceed...

Huge difference is that Dinho plays cr@p all the time, while Rino does rarely (this season), and when Ronaldinho plays cr@p it causes A WHOLE LOT more than just us having trouble scoring. In fact, playing Dinho makes our whole team, mainly our midfield, and therefore also our attack, play like cr@p.

QUOTE (servbot @ Nov 11 2010, 08:59 PM) *
I would prefer Gattuso to start over Boateng in this match. It's going to sound strange since Gattuso got the red card last year, but I think Boateng might be a little too reckless in a match of this pressure, and much more of a red card threat. I say let the experienced Gattuso bring it in the first half and have Boateng come in when Gattuso runs out of gas, at a point where he's seen the match/atmosphere/tempo from the sideline and hopefully is able to get in the flow of it easier than at start.

It doesn't sound strange at all. Those are very good reasons I have been thinking about also.

This post has been edited by CHU-LIP: Nov 11 2010, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (servbot @ Nov 11 2010, 07:59 PM) *

So you want a Rino, Ambro, Flamini 3 man mid against Inter? Uneccaptable imo. That midfield won't be able to control the tempo, simply because non of them are ball players, all are destroyers. Which would be a big problem, against BARI we conceeded twice while playing those 3, simply because we had no control over the tempo of the game, against Palermo we had complete control simply because of the midfield3 we had in place and only conceeded because of Abbiati

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 11 2010, 07:59 PM) *
First of all, it's so annoying I only see you reading this topic after you posted, that's annoying when it comes to editing my posts. I edited the Boateng part away, because indeed he has been good, though Gattuso has been even better IMO (and I prefer Flamini over Prince, at least for now), but I agree they are different players. That's also a reason why I edited it away.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) It's not my problem that you're slow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 11 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Huge difference is that Dinho plays cr@p all the time, while Rino does rarely (this season), and when Ronaldinho plays cr@p it causes A WHOLE LOT more than just us having trouble scoring. In fact, playing Dinho makes our whole team, mainly our midfield, and therefore also our attack, play like cr@p.

Imo that problem was so far from Dinho/Seedorf/Robinho related. Before when we had that Pirlo, Boateng, Rino midfield we played every option at AM, never really worked, why? Not because of Seedorf, Dinho or Robinho. It was precisely because of the 3 behind them. Seedorf barely ran against Palermo, but he looked good, why when before he looked like cr@p? because those 3 behind him quickly won the ball, covered him, moved the ball quickly to his feet and Boateng and Flamini were always available to him when he ran forward. All of this is something we didn't see when we had Pirlo, Rino and Boateng. You had Pirlo defending, Rino doing god knows what and Boa running like a headless chicken all over the place. Thus the AM, no matter who that is would find it tough, Dinho/Seedorf/Robinho dropping behind the circle to try and get a touch? Never going to work. Imo it wasn't the players but the system.

Rino is good for the smaller games, I have no trouble with it if Allegi wants to rest someone, but please for the love of everything pure in this world, don't play him against Inter!! I want to win this so bad like you wouldn't believe!! I know some Inter fans that are going to the San Siro, I want them to come back disappointed and miserable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 11 2010, 08:28 PM
Post #36

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2010, 09:16 PM) *
I know some Inter fans that are going to the San Siro, I want them to come back disappointed and miserable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Agreed, great post, han. Great post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2010, 08:31 PM
Post #37

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 11 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Agreed, great post, han. Great post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif) Don't think I ever read that from you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

Boban10
post Nov 11 2010, 08:39 PM
Post #38

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,832

The midfield 3 from last night needs to start again, they were solid, mobile and did control most of the game. Rino can be back up.

Also i feel Amelia should be given a start, Abbiati is very shaky just now. I am losing confidence in him game by game.

Ibra Robbie upfront. Pato and Pippo out, saddens me a lot but it will be interesting to see which forwards come onto the bench.

This post has been edited by Boban10: Nov 11 2010, 08:46 PM

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Nov 11 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #39

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2010, 05:34 PM) *
If Dinho or Seedorf play then the midfield 3 behind them cannot contain Pirlo. Imo Seedorf and Dinho are both players I would avoid for this type of game. But since Pirlo is most likely out, one of them we start. Now I'm of the oppinion that as long as that midfield 3 is solid ie Boateng, Flamini and Ambro, then the AM choice won't really make that much difference since he won't have to work that hard , just keep his position close to the others

Just because the forth midfielder or the AM wont have a hard work Roni should start because whenever he started he made few assists but never really helped to defend but in the attack he is still good. And pirlo and Roni can apsolutelly play together but pirlo should play the DM then and not always put everything on dinhos shoulders because lets be honest pirlo never defend so well because he likes to play with the ball in his feet , so this isnt just ronis problems this is a little bit deeper. Bah, simply it is not important who plays because they are all big players but they just have to give everything on the pitch and the result will come for sure, i just hate watching Pirlo and Dinho and Seedorf walking in the moment the teams are pressing us, or even better when they have the ball and those three just watching, this is my only problem with them, for other things, they are unique.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 11 2010, 09:09 PM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (RinoIlCapitano @ Nov 11 2010, 08:48 PM) *
Just because the forth midfielder or the AM wont have a hard work Roni should start because whenever he started he made few assists but never really helped to defend but in the attack he is still good. And pirlo and Roni can apsolutelly play together but pirlo should play the DM then and not always put everything on dinhos shoulders because lets be honest pirlo never defend so well because he likes to play with the ball in his feet , so this isnt just ronis problems this is a little bit deeper. Bah, simply it is not important who plays because they are all big players but they just have to give everything on the pitch and the result will come for sure, i just hate watching Pirlo and Dinho and Seedorf walking in the moment the teams are pressing us, or even better when they have the ball and those three just watching, this is my only problem with them, for other things, they are unique.

In the big games only one of Dinho. Seedorf or Pirlo can play imo. And the obvious choice there is Pirlo.

For smaller games where the tempo is really set by us, and the opposing teams park the bus then I'm ok with Pirlo replacing Boateng in midfield and Dinho or Seedorf playing the AM position, but for such big games, we need to have that muscle as well as energy and stamina in midfield. Thus it shouldn't contain Pirlo. Pirlo should be up relieved of defensive duties and only focuses on creating. While the midfield 3 work hard around him

+Quote Post

RinoIlCapitano
post Nov 12 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #41

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,161

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 11 2010, 09:09 PM) *
In the big games only one of Dinho. Seedorf or Pirlo can play imo. And the obvious choice there is Pirlo.

For smaller games where the tempo is really set by us, and the opposing teams park the bus then I'm ok with Pirlo replacing Boateng in midfield and Dinho or Seedorf playing the AM position, but for such big games, we need to have that muscle as well as energy and stamina in midfield. Thus it shouldn't contain Pirlo. Pirlo should be up relieved of defensive duties and only focuses on creating. While the midfield 3 work hard around him

I totally disagree, we should understand him while he is not defending but we are killing Seedorf and Roni while they are not defending and they shouldnt play because pirlo isnt defending. I think he would defend if Mou would coach him. We have double criteria here, we cant justify pirlo for the same thing we kill Roni and Seedorf. I agree Pirlo should play but i dont understand the thinking, why he shouldnt defend? He is a midfielder, creative but he still needs to cover the player.

+Quote Post

milanbuf88
post Nov 12 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #42

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 7,674

QUOTE (RinoIlCapitano @ Nov 11 2010, 07:02 PM) *
I totally disagree, we should understand him while he is not defending but we are killing Seedorf and Roni while they are not defending and they shouldnt play because pirlo isnt defending. I think he would defend if Mou would coach him. We have double criteria here, we cant justify pirlo for the same thing we kill Roni and Seedorf. I agree Pirlo should play but i dont understand the thinking, why he shouldnt defend? He is a midfielder, creative but he still needs to cover the player.

Pirlo defends all the time. Especially when Gattuso plays and leaves him all alone at the back because he goes on horrible and futile runs. He shouldnt have to defend because we have four other midfielders who are more physically capable when they do what they are supposed to.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Nov 12 2010, 03:02 AM
Post #43

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Nov 11 2010, 07:56 PM) *
Pirlo defends all the time. Especially when Gattuso plays and leaves him all alone at the back because he goes on horrible and futile runs. He shouldnt have to defend because we have four other midfielders who are more physically capable when they do what they are supposed to.

LOL i love it. it's soooo true. Gattuso should have retired after 2007... this is just overkill

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 12 2010, 06:56 AM
Post #44

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Rino will not be playing in the usual box to box role. He will be playing as a pure DM who doesn't deviate more than 10 yards from the centre circle.

I'm pretty confident it will work. In the last match KPB was the one person who looked like upsetting the balance when we were defending, simply because he was nowhere to be seen. I keep wondering why people see him running like mad and thinking he's got great energy..when the fact is he's doing it to cover the spaces left over.

In any case, it's a toss up for me between Flamini and KPB. One of them will start from the bench.

-------------DEFENCE-----------------
---------------Rino--------------------
-----Ambro----------Flam/KPB-------
-------------Zee/R80------------------
--------------------------Robinho-------
------------Ibra-------------------------

If Pirlo is fit, I'd play him and Robinho/R80 in a 4-3-2-1 formation...with Ibra as sole striker. Robinho will definitely need to drop deep in our match.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Nov 12 2010, 08:31 AM
Post #45

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 12 2010, 05:56 AM) *
Rino will not be playing in the usual box to box role. He will be playing as a pure DM who doesn't deviate more than 10 yards from the centre circle.

I'm pretty confident it will work. In the last match KPB was the one person who looked like upsetting the balance when we were defending, simply because he was nowhere to be seen. I keep wondering why people see him running like mad and thinking he's got great energy..when the fact is he's doing it to cover the spaces left over.

In any case, it's a toss up for me between Flamini and KPB. One of them will start from the bench.

-------------DEFENCE-----------------
---------------Rino--------------------
-----Ambro----------Flam/KPB-------
-------------Zee/R80------------------
--------------------------Robinho-------
------------Ibra-------------------------

If Pirlo is fit, I'd play him and Robinho/R80 in a 4-3-2-1 formation...with Ibra as sole striker. Robinho will definitely need to drop deep in our match.

at at rino place for me and flamini and kpb the remaining 2 in midfield.... then i think ibra should play behind the main stiker but if it is robinho not too sure bcoz robinho has been terrible with finishing..

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:35 PM