Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EURO 2008

Habitant
post Jul 1 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #2491

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,763

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 30 2008, 02:30 PM)
I must admit, the Euro's is won by average teams alot, I'm surprised we've never won it. And yes, Ramos is awesome!

I could watch it again, and again, and again, and again. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

i agree to a certain degree, i'd say it goes to the team thats that most opportunistic/takes advantage of the moment because it's so short.

you look at some of the teams that won it in the past: Greece,Denmark, average German teams (the WC winning ones were much better).

it's interesting that some say the euros are tougher than the world cup, i'd say the euro's group stage are harder than the world cup's because you have 7-8 quality sides crammed in 4 groups compared to 9-10 in 8 groups.

often times the euro is missing a couple of teams that should be there, just cuz theres only 16 spots. in this case it was england. which makes it easier, while at the world cup all the good teams manage to qualify. we also cant forget , in order to make the finals you almost always have to play brazil (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/96.gif) oh and we cant forget argentina.

This post has been edited by Habitant: Jul 1 2008, 12:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jul 1 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #2492

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 30 2008, 05:09 PM)
Yet the RB in this tournement that plays for Milan was useless. Figures. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Are you kidding me? Simic was the best player of the tournament!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 1 2008, 10:01 AM
Post #2493

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (amancik @ Jul 1 2008, 08:25 AM)
Are you kidding me? Simic was the best player of the tournament!

I didn't even consider Simic. I was just saying that Zambrotta was one of the worst players of the tournement.

As for the World Cup. Brazil, Argentina? I don't rate either of them very highly anymore. A Brazil team including Kaka', Ronaldinho and the rest of their big guns could only draw 1-1 with Steve McLarens England team, and even that was a late equaliser, they very rarely beat good opposition anymore either. As for Argentina, from the late 80s until the early 2000s they had great players, the next generation doesn't look that promising. They'd better hope Messi does turn out to be the next Maradona.

I find the Euro's more competitive, not just because alot of average teams win it. But with all due respect, '3rd rate' European teams like Russia or Turkey could beat the very best of most other continents. It's just a formality for teams like Saudi Arabia and Angola to go out in the groups of a WC. Whereas it seems anybody has a chance in the Euro's.

+Quote Post

amancik
post Jul 1 2008, 10:39 AM
Post #2494

Milanfan to Death

Member No.: 11

Oh, then you were implying on Zambrotta, yeah true he didn't show up, below average. Pressure to perform perhaps?

I agree with you kurt regarding Brazil, they lost against Paraguay and Venezuela and got humiliated in the process. The 3R's I remember were quite stunning in WC 02. But no one in the current squad seems to have the charisma to lead the team. Their defence is awful as well. Brazil without Kaka and Ronnie atm is nothing.

This year's Euro for me was the most competitive. Personally I would've liked Turkey and Russia to be in the final. I was dissapointed the fact that Nihat got injured when it mattered most. If he was there againt Germany, they probably would've won the semi-final. Russia were very good against Sweden and Netherlands however Spain were too strong for them in the end.

Euro is more competitive and there are many shocks and surprises happen in this competition. However I still put World Cup over Euro because it brings everyone in the World together to anticipate the moment. So much passion and commitment.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jul 1 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #2495

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

By the way, who do you think was the MVP of the tournament? In my opinion it was Senna by a dozen miles! Amazing in every single game, his contribution can be compared to no one's!

My XI:
Casillas
Anyukov - Puyol - Chiellini - Zhirkov
Senna
Schweinsteiger - Zyryanov
Modric
Villa - Turan

This post has been edited by dst: Jul 1 2008, 01:26 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 1 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #2496

Prima Squadra

Senna or Xavi for MVP.. I'll go with Senna.

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jul 1 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #2497

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,499

My XI of EURO 2008:

-------------------------Casillas-----------------------
Ramos-------Chiellini----------Marchena-----Zhirkov
-------------------------Senna------------------------
Schweinsteiger----------------------------Zyrianov
-------------------------Fabregas----------------------
--------------Villa--------------------Nihat-------------

+Quote Post

Habitant
post Jul 1 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #2498

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,763

senna for sure!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 1 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #2499

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Xavi by a country mile for me.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Jul 1 2008, 07:55 PM
Post #2500

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Iniesta is arrogant and antipathic?  can you tell me why? has he talked BS? does he spit on other players? or because you don't like his baby face? exactly why he is so loathsome? I don't get it...

Actually he isn't arrogant but antipathic. His trick with the ball on one side and him make that step forward and then back... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/puke.gif) ...he repeated that one about 20 times in his 5 matches. But yeah, he seems to be a shy guy anyway...

Ramos is a bit overrated but who should we pick? Oh yes, Anyukov, yes he was better! But Friedrich? Bosingwa? Hmh,..

@Locke, why Nihat? I think Sentürk deserved to be in the best XI as well if we play a 2 striker formation. He scored 3 crucial goals..

And does comments about Zambrotta being the worst...ahhh...

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jul 1 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #2501

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 1 2008, 07:55 PM)
@Locke, why Nihat? I think Sentürk deserved to be in the best XI as well if we play a 2 striker formation. He scored 3 crucial goals..

1. Because of the way he took control of the Turkey team in that match against Czech Rep.

2. Becasuse of his overall performance.

3. Because of THAT goal against the Czech...in my opinion, that was the goal of the tournament.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 1 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #2502

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Jul 1 2008, 07:00 PM)
3. Because of THAT goal against the Czech...in my opinion, that was the goal of the tournament.

It was a very nice goal indeed.

I think my top 3 goals would be:
1. Sneijder vs France
2. Nihat vs Czech Republic
3. Pepe vs Turkey

These are the ones that spring to mind anyway. I'm sure I've probably missed out a few good ones.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Jul 3 2008, 02:06 PM
Post #2503

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

France have decided to KEEP Raymond Domenech as the coach of the NT through the 2010 World Cup.

link

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 3 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #2504

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

Damn! now we have to bear his BS comments for two more years...

[but I think they did the right thing]

+Quote Post

Locke Lamora
post Jul 3 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #2505

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Jul 3 2008, 02:06 PM)
(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

France have decided to KEEP Raymond Domenech as the coach of the NT through the 2010 World Cup.

link

Well, there goes any chance of Trezeguet, Mexes or Frey playing for France for the next couple of years...fine by me, I supported France for most of the 06 World cup, but now I can't stand them.

+Quote Post

168 Pages V  « < 165 166 167 168 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:53 AM