> Summer Transfers 2011

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 3 2011, 02:54 PM
Post #286

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

Thing is, he's doin' okay but I see another Zaccheroni in him. I have a inside fear that he'll win us the scudetto and then stall us both in the league and CL. I don't think he's got it in him in the long run.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 3 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #287

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2011, 03:54 PM) *
Thing is, he's doin' okay but I see another Zaccheroni in him. I have a inside fear that he'll win us the scudetto and then stall us both in the league and CL. I don't think he's got it in him in the long run.

With the team he'll have at disposal next season, I highly doubt that.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 3 2011, 04:12 PM
Post #288

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 3 2011, 05:03 PM) *

I don't think Mexes or Marchetti are going to make that big a difference... and they're not even certainly coming anyway... Ganso is inexperienced and we don't know if he's coming either. I doubt we're going to make any big moves especially if we win the scudetto.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 3 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #289

QUOTE (dst @ Mar 3 2011, 05:12 PM) *
I don't think Mexes or Marchetti are going to make that big a difference... and they're not even certainly coming anyway... Ganso is inexperienced and we don't know if he's coming either. I doubt we're going to make any big moves especially if we win the scudetto.

We already have a quality team. We only lack certain assets that don't allow us to express our full potential. Two quality fullbacks, one quality CB backup, a trequartista and possibly another DM. In the other sectors we're more than covered. And I'm certain we'll fill those holes this summer. Mexes is already taken, Braida is monitoring plenty of quality fullbacks, Ganso (who's top class from what experts say) is around the corner and maybe another midfielder will come too. I'm certain this signing campaign will be a hot one, as most newspapers are claiming day by day.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Mar 3 2011, 04:59 PM
Post #290

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Provided we do make the necessary transfers for next season, and no crucial exits - I can't see us not succeeding.

We will have a team to challenge on all fronts with the introduction of a new CB, WBs, CM, and depending on the situation with Amelia another GK as well.

EDIT: Forgot to press submit - but yea X-Off pretty much said what I did.

This post has been edited by TriniKing_CE: Mar 3 2011, 05:01 PM

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 3 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #291

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

I say we keep him, he has done well on his first year and is still learning. It seems like big-club fans never beleive in development whether in regards to players or coaches. Considering in this same city with a bigger team and a more celebrated coach inter fucked up bad under Benitez, this only proves that serie A is a tough cookie to crack. Allegri has only lost 3 games in the league. He did so with a metamorphic approach as his actis have changed several times during the year to ajust to injuries. He is not quite as stubborn as he's made out to be. He has made "ballsy" outside of the box moves with playing Casano on the wing, Robinho & Boateng as AM, and thiago silva in Mid. As i pretty big Cagliari fan i must tell you he has been handed a completely different system in milan, and considering we are 5 points up and he has probably played every player on the roster twice, he is worthy of the post IMO. He is an attack minded coach and he has developed so-so players into quality starters. Now all he needs to do is pawn off what he doesn't want/need and coach a team he can fulfill his project with. There is ALOT of pulp on this squad and if there is one thing we can learn from mourinho, it's have a smaller group of players. I believe in Max, and with the CL not a priority, this year will offer him some experience going forward.

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Mar 10 2011, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Mar 3 2011, 05:58 PM
Post #292

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 3 2011, 12:18 PM) *
I say we keep him

... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

who?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 3 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #293

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Mar 3 2011, 06:58 PM) *

Allegri. Didn't you read the rest of his post?

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Mar 3 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #294

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 3 2011, 10:18 AM) *
I say we keep him, he has done well on his first year and is still learning. It seems like big-club fans never beleive in development whether in regards to players or coaches. Considering in this same city with a bigger team and a more celebrated coach inter fucked up bad under Benitez, this only proves that serie A is a tough cookie to crack. Allegri has only lost 3 games in the league. He did so with a metamorphic approach as his actis have changed several times during the year to ajust to injuries. He is not quite as stubborn as he's made out to be. He has made "ballsy" outside of the box moves with playing Casano on the wing, Robinho AM, and thiago silva in Mid. As i pretty big Cagliari fan i must tell you he has been handed a completely different system in milan, and considering we are 5 points up and he has probably played every player on the roster twice, he is worthy of the post IMO. He is an attack minded coach and he has developed so-so players into quality starters. Now all he needs to do is pawn off what he doesn't want/need and coach a team he can fulfill his project with. There is ALOT of pulp on this squad and if there is one thing we can learn from mourinho, it's have a smaller group of players. I believe in Max, and with the CL not a priority, this year will offer him some experience going forward.

When you put it like that, it's hard to argue with. I did not know he has only lost 3 games in Serie A. Not bad at all. I have to say we often forget the amount of injuries we have suffered this season. In all honesty, we could have easily been 3rd right now and have a very legitimate reason for it too. Long term? I think Allegri has the potential to become a great. I've mostly been upset with him about the whole Ibra issue where I think he needs to calm down and I expect Allegri to put him in his place. I don't want Milan to = Ibra and his drama... I also think he has ignored PapaIcan'tspelltherestoulous for no real reason and played Bonera which has cost us points. In anyway, not every body will be happy with everything... EVER. So good luck to him and Forza Milan!

This post has been edited by KillerMax: Mar 3 2011, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Mar 3 2011, 07:19 PM
Post #295

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

PapaIcan'tspelltherestoulous

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 3 2011, 07:58 PM
Post #296

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Mar 3 2011, 01:05 PM) *
When you put it like that, it's hard to argue with. I did not know he has only lost 3 games in Serie A. Not bad at all. I have to say we often forget the amount of injuries we have suffered this season. In all honesty, we could have easily been 3rd right now and have a very legitimate reason for it too. Long term? I think Allegri has the potential to become a great. I've mostly been upset with him about the whole Ibra issue where I think he needs to calm down and I expect Allegri to put him in his place. I don't want Milan to = Ibra and his drama... I also think he has ignored PapaIcan'tspelltherestoulous for no real reason and played Bonera which has cost us points. In anyway, not every body will be happy with everything... EVER. So good luck to him and Forza Milan!

i think the whole Ibra thing is pressure form above. He never shied away from benching players at cagliari. Berlu wants ppl to talk about his big purchase, rightfully so. As a big Papastathradoupolos (or wtv) fan I too was upset with how he dealt with it, but I think he's gone after this year. Also i like the fact he started 2 primavera players this year. I don't want to have the whole youth sucks/think of the future debate, but i can however tell you people at the primavera can now hope for more then being sold to a lower-table team. They have seen their peers' hard work gain them 1rst team action and will be more motivated to play hard.

This post has been edited by il_diavolo_mtl: Mar 3 2011, 08:03 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 3 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #297

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 3 2011, 04:03 PM) *

Zaccheroni had a prime Maldini, Costacurta, Albertini, Boban, Leonardo and a few others at his disposal. Still it happened. So I don't think it's that dubious.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 3 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #298

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 3 2011, 11:04 PM) *
Zaccheroni had a prime Maldini, Costacurta, Albertini, Boban, Leonardo and a few others at his disposal. Still it happened. So I don't think it's that dubious.

The first three, yes. Boban and Leonardo were in their 30s and past their prime. And if I remember correctly, they weren't exactly regulars. Besides, we already have a much stronger team than we did back then, which will be strengthened even further this summer. If we're going to compare Allegri and Zaccheroni, let's do it based on tactics and other arguments, not on the teams they had at disposal.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Mar 3 2011, 11:02 PM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 3 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #299

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 3 2011, 10:59 PM) *
The first three, yes. Boban and Leonardo were in their 30s and past their prime. And if I remember correctly, they weren't exactly regulars. Besides, we already have a much stronger team than we did back then, which will be strengthened even further this summer. If we're going to compare Allegri and Zaccheroni, let's do it based on tactics and other arguments, not on the teams they had at disposal.

Let's. You added the squad talk into the discussion. I think Zaccheroni is better in terms of tactics, but considering all their characteristics, they both are very alike. And in the end, I think, they'll achieve exactly the same.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 4 2011, 12:28 AM
Post #300

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 4 2011, 12:11 AM) *
Let's. You added the squad talk into the discussion.

You pwned me there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

311 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:34 AM