> Torino - Milan --- 23/11/2008, Serie A | Giornata 13

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 08:31 PM
Post #16

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,072

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 07:23 PM) *
Well not being productive as you want to call it could have cost us the points since Chievo came close to scoring twice in the second half.

I personally call it useless, sure we're keeping the ball in our possession but not trying to even do anything with it is asking for us to lose it and they somehow score on the counter.

and thats what makes this great game...opinions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
i understand what your point is and in parts agree. But like i say i just can't agree that possession is useless we rely on constant passing of the football thats are game and possission is 9 tenths as they say. I'm a football purist and thats just my way i think the game should be played (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 16 2008, 08:27 PM) *
+1 cookie to han. (and one for the penguins as well) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

Nicely stated. Critical analysis - while also acknowledging the good things said/done - is important.

The penguins want a cookie each Tennie.

Between you and me I know they're greedy b*st*rds. But what can you do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #18

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 16 2008, 08:31 PM) *
and thats what makes this great game...opinions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
i understand what your point is and in parts agree. But like i say i just can't agree that possession is useless we rely on constant passing of the football thats are game and possission is 9 tenths as they say. I'm a football purist and thats just my way i think the game should be played (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I respect that but at some point you have to just say, stop that and actually play some football, I'm ok with possession that will eventually lead to something, but to see us passing it around in the midfield and sometimes even going back to the defence and when they pass themselves into a corner they just punt the ball up is imo, wasting time that could see us scoring a goal to kill the game.

Last week against Lecce I think if you add it up atleast 30 minutes of the match was wasted passing the ball arounf between the defence and midfield, and at this point we needed a goal. I even commented about it during the game, I would go through the thread to find it but I don't really feel like it ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) I voiced my frustrations at the fact that we were passing the ball around in the defence like we were winning 3-0 instead of still drawing.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 16 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #19

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 02:33 PM) *
The penguins want a cookie each Tennie.

Between you and me I know they're greedy b*st*rds. But what can you do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Oh, all right. 1 cookie to each penguin. And while I'm at it one also to Mishie's chicken. Don't want anyone to feel left out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/96.gif)

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 08:47 PM
Post #20

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 07:38 PM) *
I respect that but at some point you have to just say, stop that and actually play some football, I'm ok with possession that will eventually lead to something, but to see us passing it around in the midfield and sometimes even going back to the defence and when they pass themselves into a corner they just punt the ball up is imo, wasting time that could see us scoring a goal to kill the game.

Last week against Lecce I think if you add it up atleast 30 minutes of the match was wasted passing the ball arounf between the defence and midfield, and at this point we needed a goal. I even commented about it during the game, I would go through the thread to find it but I don't really feel like it ( (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ) I voiced my frustrations at the fact that we were passing the ball around in the defence like we were winning 3-0 instead of still drawing.

well i won't believe you unless you do ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )
As for the Lecce game i think 1 lapse of concentration was what lost us the game not the passing/possession football i can see why people get frustrated with it as rightly or wrongly like to see a attack on the end of the passing but after all it was Lecce (merda!) and we should have passed them off the park (and did) with a cutting edge...for me its time to play 2 strikers but that doesn't mean abandoning are passing principles;)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Nov 16 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

i hope for 2 stikers but that will be very unlikly as we are getting another midfielder back so it is nearly impossible that we play 2 stiker

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 08:58 PM
Post #22

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 16 2008, 08:47 PM) *
well i won't believe you unless you do ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )
As for the Lecce game i think 1 lapse of concentration was what lost us the game not the passing/possession football i can see why people get frustrated with it as rightly or wrongly like to see a attack on the end of the passing but after all it was Lecce (merda!) and we should have passed them off the park (and did) with a cutting edge...for me its time to play 2 strikers but that doesn't mean abandoning are passing principles;)

I didn't see any cutting edge to our passing at either Lecce or today. It was passing without any point behind it. In the past under Carlo we could pass the best of them off the park (and I'm talking about the Man Us and Barcas, not Lecce and Chievo) now we try to keep possession like we're so afraid to try to attack because we might lose the ball. There's a difference between playing possession football with a motive behind it (your style of playing) and trying to keep the ball because you're afraid to lose it. If we can pass Lecce off the park then why didn't we do it? Thier goal is not the point. The point is with all the possession we had we didn't manage to turn it into goals, it took a solo run and a cross from Pato to break the deadlock not a team move after passing Lecce off the park ;p

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 16 2008, 08:59 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Oh btw, as for the 2 strikers thing, we know it's not going to happen with Carlo, the only time we'll play with 2 strikers is either when we're desperate or in the UEFA Cup

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #24

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 16 2008, 07:58 PM) *
I didn't see any cutting edge to our passing at either Lecce or today. It was passing without any point behind it. In the past under Carlo we could pass the best of them off the park (and I'm talking about the Man Us and Barcas, not Lecce and Chievo) now we try to keep possession like we're so afraid to try to attack because we might lose the ball. There's a difference between playing possession football with a motive behind it (your style of playing) and trying to keep the ball because you're afraid to lose it. If we can pass Lecce off the park then why didn't we do it? Thier goal is not the point. The point is with all the possession we had we didn't manage to turn it into goals, it took a solo run and a cross from Pato to break the deadlock not a team move after passing Lecce off the park ;p

oh don't misunderstand me there is no way we're playing to our full potentail and there certainly seems to be a fear factor in our play..maybe the side without Pirlo isn't as confident playing that way who knows after all even tho last season he was poor arguably still one of our best players..hopefully the fear factor will disappear with his return and a 2-0 win against Toro will be the result!

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #25

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 16 2008, 11:01 PM) *

A team has 70% of the possession but loses the game in the end. do they give 3points to them? what use is there in their possession?

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #26

Primavera

Barca for example usually has a better possession than its opponent and hits 4-5 goals past them. that is useful possession because it ends up being converted to goals.

Milan's possession comes mainly from exchanging passes between defense and midfield. we don't have a great possession in attack.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Nov 16 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #27

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

You're right, zd. We don't. Which is stupefying if you look at the names of the AMs/strikers who play for Milan. Things are not clicking as they should be. I know some blame the coach for this; I personally think more of the responsibility is on the players. Be that as it may...yeah. It should be better. Not to say we should be hitting 6 goals past every opponent, but sheesh. Real goalscoring opportunities shouldn't be THAT hard to come by.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Nov 16 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #28

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 16 2008, 08:41 PM) *
A team has 70% of the possession but loses the game in the end. do they give 3points to them? what use is there in their possession?

if that were the case then of course something would be seriously wrong but i've never seen a team with 70% possession and lose a game, but i know what your saying and i agree but what use is there in having hardly any possession?? to have the football in your control is paramount to winning game and the more possession should relate to creating more chances but as mentioned in my previous points i was talking about productive possession not non productive and at the moment we have the later and i've stated my reasons why i think this may be the case (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #29

Primavera

QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 17 2008, 12:18 AM) *
You're right, zd. We don't. Which is stupefying if you look at the names of the AMs/strikers who play for Milan. Things are not clicking as they should be. I know some blame the coach for this; I personally think more of the responsibility is on the players. Be that as it may...yeah. It should be better. Not to say we should be hitting 6 goals past every opponent, but sheesh. Real goalscoring opportunities shouldn't be THAT hard to come by.

Well, when a team doesn't play good usually the coach is the first one to blame (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) maybe he's getting something in his tactics wrong?

I remember those 3 games where we started with a classic 4-3-1-2 [not with Pato as a winger, but a striker] and we scored 9 goals and made plenty of chances.. we should have continued that path but instead we opted for Christmas tree against Inter. we shouldn't sacrifice the good of the team because Ronaldinho needs to get to his best. the team always comes first. Christmas tree isn't the appropriate formation for Milan in Serie A.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 16 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #30

Primavera

QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 17 2008, 12:34 AM) *
if that were the case then of course something would be seriously wrong but i've never seen a team with 70% possession and lose a game, but i know what your saying and i agree but what use is there in having hardly any possession?? to have the football in your control is paramount to winning game and the more possession should relate to creating more chances but as mentioned in my previous points i was talking about productive possession not non productive and at the moment we have the later and i've stated my reasons why i think this may be the case (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Of course, productive possession is definitely good. I mentioned Barca. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) we have more possession but we create few chances. so it's not wrong to say our possession is not useful yet.

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:10 PM