Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Milan - Siena -- 29/10/08, Serie A - Week 9

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 27 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #16

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,873

so out of the list seedorf and rino seems to be available for the next game.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 27 2008, 05:53 PM
Post #17

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Personally I would like to see Kaka rested for this one, we have a tough one against Napoli on Sunday and Kaka being 100% for that one imo is more important. So I would go for something like this

Zambro--Bonera--Maldini--Antonini
Ambro--Seedorf--Puma
Pato
Sheva--Boriello

It will be sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 type setup. Pato and Sheva can both drop deep and play in that whole, I've seen Sheva do it countless times for Ukraine and I'm pretty sure Pato won't have any problem playing in that position. And Sheva and Pato can also drift wide and play off of Boriello. I think this will be more then enough for Siena and will allow us to rest some players for Sunday.

Rino and Dinho shouldn't play so close to recovering from injuries, no matter how minor they were, no use making any further damage when we have so many options for the attack and midfield

This post has been edited by han2503: Oct 27 2008, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Oct 27 2008, 06:01 PM
Post #18

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Puma's a definite starter for me. He's really like R80, coming back onto the zone of awesomeness.

Pato and Sheva to start for me. I don't know if Borri should be played all 90 minutes all 3 matches, since he's also had an injury. I think Kaka will start this one. And maybe later Seedorf shall push up into the treqqie role, while someone else fills in at the centre. THough I think this match won't be an easy one. Kaka already said, that we're trying out new things in matches, to lose some of that predictability, and it's quite likely that a lot of such moves might not work out. In which case the match won't be put to bed so easily.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 27 2008, 06:12 PM
Post #19

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2008, 04:53 PM) *
Personally I would like to see Kaka rested for this one, we have a tough one against Napoli on Sunday and Kaka being 100% for that one imo is more important. So I would go for something like this

Zambro--Bonera--Maldini--Antonini
Ambro--Seedorf--Puma
Pato
Sheva--Boriello

It will be sort of a 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 type setup. Pato and Sheva can both drop deep and play in that whole, I've seen Sheva do it countless times for Ukraine and I'm pretty sure Pato won't have any problem playing in that position. And Sheva and Pato can also drift wide and play off of Boriello. I think this will be more then enough for Siena and will allow us to rest some players for Sunday.

Rino and Dinho shouldn't play so close to recovering from injuries, no matter how minor they were, no use making any further damage when we have so many options for the attack and midfield

i quite like the formation but doubt that carlo will actully put 3 stiker ( kaka/r80 mite be called stikers but u know they are not )

+Quote Post

han2503
post Oct 27 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CrazyMilanFan @ Oct 27 2008, 06:12 PM) *
i quite like the formation but doubt that carlo will actully put 3 stiker ( kaka/r80 mite be called stikers but u know they are not )

Well in the simplest of ways it is basically 3 strikers, but you have to look at the work rate those front 3 put in and imo Pato, Boriello, Sheva will track back a lot more the Kaka, Dinho, Boriello. I know Kaka and Dinho are essentially midfielders but both aren't known for tracking back and doing the dirty work. I've seen Pato really going in for the ball in midfield this season and winning it something I've only seen Kaka and Dinho do in the Inter game only.

I think these things should be looked at from all the perspectives rather then just saying oh it's 3 strikers it's too attacking bla bla bla, Kaka and Dinho will give more balanced since they are midfielders. But unfortunately as you pointed out Carlo will only look at it from it's 2D view (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Oct 27 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 27 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Well in the simplest of ways it is basically 3 strikers, but you have to look at the work rate those front 3 put in and imo Pato, Boriello, Sheva will track back a lot more the Kaka, Dinho, Boriello. I know Kaka and Dinho are essentially midfielders but both aren't known for tracking back and doing the dirty work. I've seen Pato really going in for the ball in midfield this season and winning it something I've only seen Kaka and Dinho do in the Inter game only.

I think these things should be looked at from all the perspectives rather then just saying oh it's 3 strikers it's too attacking bla bla bla, Kaka and Dinho will give more balanced since they are midfielders. But unfortunately as you pointed out Carlo will only look at it from it's 2D view (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

that is just the keyword (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

PatitoFeo
post Oct 28 2008, 01:11 AM
Post #22

Pulcini Provinciali 98

Member No.: 4,159

Yeah good call amancik. I think Siena will throw bodies forward, and kaka and pato are the two paciest players and best for counters. While Dinho and Inzaghi are on form, both are better possession players that see a lot of the ball, although Inzaghi is good at beating the trap.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Oct 28 2008, 08:45 AM
Post #23

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

Don't know if its been posted already (I think it would have been - but I am too lazy to check) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Anywayz, here it is as related to this week's game (vs Siena):

MILAN-SIENA: THE DISCIPLINARY SITUATION
10/27/2008
MILAN - Milan approach the match against Siena on Wednesday night, valid for the 9th matchday of Serie A, with one suspended player, Marek Jankulovski. Also Siena have one suspended player, Gianluca Curci, and one cautioned player, Luca Rossettini.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

+Quote Post

vahid
post Oct 28 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #24

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 3,912

Gianluca Curci

So they have to user their 3rd choice GK (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 28 2008, 03:33 PM
Post #25

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/panicsmiley2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/panicsmiley2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/panicsmiley2.gif) WE HAVE NO CENTERBACKS!

Ahem.

Here's Carletto's pregame press conference (expanded highlights version. my translation).

THE GAME WITH SIENA
We can play better and we'll demonstrate that tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll evaulate the condition of Gattuso, Seedorf and Ronaldinho. Maldini? We'll see if he recuperates. Tiredness? The team's fine. What do I expect from Siena? An offensive game with a lot of action from the wingbacks and the trequartista, it'll be an open game.

SHEVCHENKO'S CONDITION
Sheva's working very well and is finding his condition. He's not doing badly, but he's still lacking a bit of reactivity (?reflex?).

THE CHAMPIONSHIP
The championship is open, Napoli and Udinese can stay in the lead for a long time.

GILARDINO'S SUSPENSION
From a personal point of view I don't agree with the suspension, but if that's the rule then it must be respected. I don't think it was a deliberate hand ball.

AN IMPORTANT WEEK
Bergamo could be the start of something big, with a victory against Siena we've got a good opportunity to go first, depending on how Inter, Udinese and Napoli play.

BORRIELLO
Borriello is an important player with characteristics we've never had. If he feels well, he plays, even two games in a row - why not? In any case even 30 minutes can be fundamental for a striker. Marco's grown as a player, he's changed his confidence and his faith in his own abilities.

THE SCUDETTO:
The scudetto is a great objective, a motivation for doing well. I think Milan might win the scudetto. Inter? More or less it seems to be the same strength as last year. Mourinho is a great trainer, my opinion on him hasn't changed.

POSSIBLE NEW ARRIVALS?
From Thursday, Nesta, Kaladze and Senderos should be available, for us they're important players.

RONALDINHO'S LATE NIGHTS
Ronaldinho was out until very late? And that he got home at 4am? He had permission to be out til 5, so he didn't have too much fun. It was Sunday night, he could do what he wanted. (Fishdoll note: huge scandal in the media that Ronaldinho and Adriano were both out until the wee hours - not necessarily together - Sunday. Adriano was apparently not called up because of it even though he wasn't late for training etc).

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 28 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #26

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

So... It's gonna be Bonera Favalli?

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Oct 28 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #27

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 28 2008, 05:48 PM) *

Which is really not that bad, considering the opposition ...

On a side note, it is great that Bonera has solidified his performance for Milan. He is becoming more consistent a solid presence in the back line.

Milan will play with two strikers for this one, with Kaka' in support

Forza Milan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

vahid
post Oct 28 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #28

Esordienti A 95

Member No.: 3,912

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 28 2008, 03:48 PM) *

Maybe Ambrosini as a center back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

This post has been edited by vahid: Oct 28 2008, 03:52 PM

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Oct 28 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #29

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Dare one hope we might see Darmian?

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Oct 28 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #30

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 28 2008, 08:54 AM) *
Dare one hope we might see Darmian?

Not even in Darmian's dreams...

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:04 PM