4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who should partner Nesta in defence during 08/09?, 04/08/08 to 11/08/08

Who should partner Nesta in defence during 08/09?
Who should partner Nesta in defence during 08/09?
Bonera [ 10 ] ** [23.81%]
Kaladze [ 6 ] ** [14.29%]
Maldini [ 21 ] ** [50.00%]
Simic [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Other [ 4 ] ** [9.52%]
Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 

Giancarlo
post Aug 10 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #31

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 4,011

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Aug 10 2008, 01:09 PM) *
I know Barzagli didn't impress against Holland, but everybody rates him as a good defender since he played solidly in Serie A [we shouldn't judge him for that Euro match as even Gallas-Thuram looked like amateurs against the Dutch]. if we'd signed we would've had a good backup for defense now... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whew.gif)

I always thought he was sub-par with Palermo... Palermo basically overhauled itself (even more than we did)... they replaced many players. Thuram was older and ran out of steam. Barzagli is much younger (10 years younger right?)... he's an average defender who sometimes does very poorly. Especially if he doesn't have someone to partner with... he does at best average with Cannavaro...

I say if we really want a great defender, we need to try to take Chiellini away from Juventus (he was perhaps Italy's best defender in the Euro Cup). Other than that, I'm still in favor of Ivanovic coming to Milan...

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 10 2008, 04:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Aug 10 2008, 04:28 PM
Post #32

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 10 2008, 08:21 PM) *
I say if we really want a great defender, we need to try to take Chiellini away from Juventus (he was perhaps Italy's best defender in the Euro Cup).

Perhaps is very much putting it mildly. He was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleepysmiley03.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 10 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #33

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

I rather like Chiellini. He just needs to stop playing man-bowling with his teammates. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 10 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #34

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 10 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Well It's Wolfsburg and IMO they paid way too much money for him...14 million for the transfer plus a wage of almost 3 million € a year...
But who knows, Felix Magath is a good coach and maybe he'll improve. But I can't see him reaching the level of Nesta, Canna someday...he won't even be close.

He'll probably never reach just half the potential of those players you mentioned. After seeing him in the EUROs not playing next to Canna you could see how mediocre he is when he doesn't have a top quality defender playing next to him. He's a Kaladze

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 10 2008, 06:43 PM
Post #35

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 10 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Well It's Wolfsburg and IMO they paid way too much money for him...14 million for the transfer plus a wage of almost 3 million € a year...
But who knows, Felix Magath is a good coach and maybe he'll improve. But I can't see him reaching the level of Nesta, Canna someday...he won't even be close.

He'll probably never reach just half the potential of those players you mentioned. After seeing him in the EUROs not playing next to Canna you could see how mediocre he is when he doesn't have a top quality defender playing next to him. He's a Kaladze

+Quote Post

Il Capitano
post Aug 10 2008, 08:05 PM
Post #36

PatoMania

Member No.: 142

I like Zapata, he is young,strong,fast and got skill. It should not be that hard to lure him from Udinese.

This post has been edited by Il Capitano: Aug 10 2008, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 11 2008, 08:43 PM
Post #37

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 10 2008, 06:43 PM) *

I think even Kaladze is more class than he is. I think Kaladze has a lot of personal issues right now... not just his injury... I think he has emotional ties to what is happening in his country. I'd be distracted on the field too.

It'd be interesting to see if Kaladze can sway Berlusconi to say something to Putin.

Anyways back to the topic...

This post has been edited by Giancarlo: Aug 11 2008, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post

drucurl
post Aug 16 2008, 04:51 PM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 4,041

what says the mass public about Marquez...Ancelotti called his name on goal.crap....any thoughts. I like him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Aug 16 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #39

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

He actually mentioned Marquez in his prematch interview (see match thread) and it was mentioned on the transfer thread. I think the net opinion was 'we'd prefer one of the silva brothers'.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 17 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #40

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 11 2008, 07:43 PM) *
I think even Kaladze is more class than he is. I think Kaladze has a lot of personal issues right now... not just his injury... I think he has emotional ties to what is happening in his country. I'd be distracted on the field too.

He was bad even before all off the trouble started up, personally I never liked him in the center back position, he was good at LB but as far as playing in the center goes, I think he's mediocre and if he doesn't have Nesta constantly holding his hand he'll manage to screw up

@ drucurl, Marquez was never class in his best of days and he's definately not class now when he is in his decline. I personally don't know what Carlo is thinking (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) because this guy is not even worth the trouble and definately not the 'world class' center back he speaks of. And I would prefer if we stayed clear from Barca from now on I think we've done enough business with them unless they're willing to give us Puyol on Alves (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Somebody here mentioned Zapata, I think he would be our best option, great defensively, fast skillful, already experianced when it comes to Serie A and would make a great pairing with Nesta. I think 10 - 15m would be enough to get him from Udine

+Quote Post

Giancarlo
post Aug 17 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #41

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2008, 12:07 AM) *
He was bad even before all off the trouble started up, personally I never liked him in the center back position, he was good at LB but as far as playing in the center goes, I think he's mediocre and if he doesn't have Nesta constantly holding his hand he'll manage to screw up

I don't really agree with that but that's your own opinion.

Somebody here mentioned Zapata, I think he would be our best option, great defensively, fast skillful, already experianced when it comes to Serie A and would make a great pairing with Nesta. I think 10 - 15m would be enough to get him from Udine

This is probably not going to happen... Udinese already have lost a few players... and 10-15 million is way too much. I'd prefer Alex Silva for 7 million.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Aug 17 2008, 03:20 PM
Post #42

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Giancarlo @ Aug 17 2008, 12:43 AM) *
This is probably not going to happen... Udinese already have lost a few players... and 10-15 million is way too much. I'd prefer Alex Silva for 7 million.

Well it would cost a bit more to get a player with Serie A experiance that wouldn't need a lot of time to integrate into the team... And I think if offered enough money Udine would buckle and sell.

As for Alex Silva, most Brazilians who watch their domestic league regularly rate Thiago Silva much more highly then they rate Alex, so who knows...

+Quote Post

Portman
post Aug 20 2008, 03:07 AM
Post #43

Berretti

Member No.: 347

From the list above... anyone but Maldini. You already know my opinion about him.

I'd go for Bonera as Kaladze is... well, you know - Kaladze.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Aug 23 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #44

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (Portikins @ Aug 19 2008, 08:07 PM) *
From the list above... anyone but Maldini. You already know my opinion about him.

I'd go for Bonera as Kaladze is... well, you know - Kaladze.

my feelings too but its going to be kaladze. We all know carlo too well.

+Quote Post

anano1214
post Aug 28 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #45

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 2,571

Maldini

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:27 AM