> Serie A - Week 11 - Milan - Palermo, Date: 10/11/10 Time: 20:45 CET

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 07:57 PM
Post #1

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

Your wish is my command Chu (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 7 2010, 06:54 PM) *
Agreed with this, except I would start Abate (and Zambrotta) as our full back(s), not Antonini. (Also, I don't think Boateng should be the one in the middle / behind Pirlo, but more wide.)
Pato, Zlatan
Pirlo
Flamini, Ambrosini, Boateng
Zambrotta, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Abate
Amelia

It's sad, and it worries me, that this happens, it should be vice versa. Pato is the one I trust the most when it comes to finishing. Allegri should stop playing Pato wide.Palermo is a tough side, so we should take it serious, but it seems like Zlatan can need a rest, yes.

Palermo is a tough side yes, but the line-up I posted in the other thread is more then enough. It's still a top quality 11

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 7 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Against Palermo I'd pick Seedorf and Yepes, for Pirlo and Nesta. Nesta needs rest, the inconsistency problem lies in the fact that he's been constantly used and played, and Pirlo is one card away from a suspension. I'd rather have him against Inter then Palermo.

Palermo have a really good attack, so I'd rather we have Nesta and then rest him after Inter...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

acid911
post Nov 7 2010, 07:58 PM
Post #2

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

Smooth criminilsim, Han. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Nice, sleek way to start a thread, saves time!

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (acid911 @ Nov 7 2010, 07:58 PM) *
Smooth criminilsim, Han. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Nice, sleek way to start a thread, saves time!

I commented on the quotes I took from the other thread. I pressed enter by mistake and the topic was posted

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #4

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2010, 07:15 PM) *
Gattuso is suspended for Palermo (yes!!!), so we'll hopefully see Boateng--Pirlo--Flamini against them. I'd rest Nesta, Seedorf and Zambrotta and play:

Abbiati
Abate - Sokratis - Thiago/Yepes - Antonini
Boateng - Pirlo - Flamini
Dinho/Robinho
Pato - Inzaghi

Would you risk Thiago pulling up again before Inter though?

Also we could start a Dinho, Robs, Pippo attack so Pato and Ibra are both rested. Pirlo is a card away from missing the next game, I'd rather not risk it and play Seedorf as the playmaker. And play Pirlo in the AM poistion against Inter

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 7 2010, 08:10 PM
Post #5

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2010, 09:02 PM) *
Also we could start a Dinho, Robs, Pippo attack so Pato and Ibra are both rested. Pirlo is a card away from missing the next game, I'd rather not risk it and play Seedorf as the playmaker. And play Pirlo in the AM poistion against Inter

Now you aren't taking this match seriously enough, I'm afraid. Pato already has been rested today. You can rest Zlatan, but Pato needs to start.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 08:21 PM
Post #6

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 7 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Now you aren't taking this match seriously enough, I'm afraid. Pato already has been rested today. You can rest Zlatan, but Pato needs to start.

It's not like Robinho is some unkown kid we picked up from the second tier of Brazilian leagues...

Sure he made a mess of things today, but he gets in good scoring opportunities in every game, and usually scores after having a wasteful game...

Anyway, we're finally not behind Inter, I don't want us going into the Inter match behind them either. But I want to beat them more then anything else!! It's been too long, and I want our best, fittest line-up on that pitch, not everyone huffing and puffing by the end of the first half.

Robinho--Pippo
Dinho

That can do the job, Boateng Seedorf and Flamini behind them. Dinho is due for a good match and I've been arguing about Pippo all week, this is his chance to prove the doubters wrong

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 7 2010, 08:26 PM
Post #7

Giovanissimi Nazionali

If we wanna rest Zlatan, then I would say it makes sense to have Pato as CF (well, that would make sense each time) and have Robinho to support him, he seems to be most qualified for it (Pippo is himself a CF also).

So we can start Pato and Robinho, and well, Seedorf or Pirlo behind them?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 7 2010, 08:27 PM
Post #8

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Robinho--Pippo
Dinho

That can do the job, Boateng Seedorf and Flamini behind them. Dinho is due for a good match and I've been arguing about Pippo all week, this is his chance to prove the doubters wrong

Yeah, I could go with that. As for Thiago, well, if he's not fit, he definitely shouldn't play. But I also want Nesta to rest, he looked exhausted today. So I'm afraid it'll have to be Sokratis-Yepes against Palermo.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 7 2010, 08:26 PM) *
If we wanna rest Zlatan, then I would say it makes sense to have Pato as CF (well, that would make sense each time) and have Robinho to support him, he seems to be most qualified for it (Pippo is himself a CF also).

So we can start Pato and Robinho, and well, Seedorf or Pirlo behind them?

Seedorf imo is a lot better playing in th midfield 3, and that's where I'd play him. Rest Pirlo, play Dinho as the AM, Robinho comes in from the left and Pippo roaming around the box, If Dinho gets a couple of good balls in the box Pippo will get on the end of them all he has left is to finish them off. Which is where I'd be hoping that he's prove me wrong

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 7 2010, 08:27 PM) *
Yeah, I could go with that. As for Thiago, well, if he's not fit, he definitely shouldn't play. But I also want Nesta to rest, he looked exhausted today. So I'm afraid it'll have to be Sokratis-Yepes against Palermo.

Well would you like Sokratis and Yepes to go up against Pastore? Palermo will let a few goals in, I'm sure, problem is we'll most likely do the same, so I'd rather put out our strongest defence. Or if not that, move Seedorf to the left side of midfield, Flamini to the right and play Ambro as a pure holding mid in front of the defence, and make him stick to Pastore like glue

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 7 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #10

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2010, 09:32 PM) *
Seedorf imo is a lot better playing in th midfield 3, and that's where I'd play him. Rest Pirlo, play Dinho as the AM, Robinho comes in from the left and Pippo roaming around the box, If Dinho gets a couple of good balls in the box Pippo will get on the end of them all he has left is to finish them off. Which is where I'd be hoping that he's prove me wrong

I liked what I saw with having an actual midfielder between our 3 other midfielders and 2 forwards, so I really wanna see either Seedorf or Pirlo against a tough side like Palermo. Ronaldinho can play when we are facing less difficult opponents.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 7 2010, 08:35 PM) *
I liked what I saw with having an actual midfielder between our 3 other midfielders and 2 forwards, so I really wanna see either Seedorf or Pirlo against a tough side like Palermo. Ronaldinho can play when we are facing less difficult opponents.

Ronaldinho would play in the hole. We've seen him do it before more then well and better then Seedorf. Now problem is if Allegri would play him there or push him wide left. If that were the case I'm with you and want Seedorf, but if Allegri is going to play the 4-3-1-2 no matter want then I'd want Dinho in the AM position, Seedorf in the midfield 3 instead of Pirlo.

Against Inter I want Pirlo behind the strikers, Seedorf or Dinho (unless he gets his act together) won't cut it.

Essentially I want this against Palermo

Abate--Sokratis--Yepes--Antonini
Ambro
Flamini--Seedorf
Dinho
Pippo--Robinho

I'm going to listen to X-Off and put Yepes and Sokatis, but like I said, if that's the case we need to play a diamond and have Ambro man mark Pastore.

Palermo are near the bottom of the table for a reason, and it's not like we're playing the primavera. All those players can get into the first team at any point in time. Last week you were adamant about wanting Robinho over Dinho and couldn't stand to see Seedorf anywhere near the pitch, now you've completely changed your mind? Give players time! They're continuosly having their position changed by our coach, we don't play the same system for more then a week. Players are human then need time to adjust.

If things are going that badly then we have top class players on the bench that we can put in. But I don't think we'll have to resort to that

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 7 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #12

Giovanissimi Nazionali

To be honest, I don't expect a win with your line-up han. No Pato, we might have serious trouble scoring. No Thiago Silva nor Nesta, our defense might have serious trouble facing the Palermo attack. Palermo is a tough side, sure you can rest someone like Zlatan for the Inter match, but now you are just act like we face some noob team.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 08:57 PM
Post #13

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 7 2010, 08:51 PM) *
To be honest, I don't expect a win with your line-up han. No Pato, we might have serious trouble scoring. No Thiago Silva nor Nesta, our defense might have serious trouble facing the Palermo attack. Palermo is a tough side, sure you can rest someone like Zlatan for the Inter match, but now you are just act like we face some noob team.

Palermo are having a rough time right now, this is the best chance to take them on with a slightly rotated team. The only player really playing at top gear is Pastore, which I voiced my concerns about above, but letting Ambro man mark him will take him out of the game, while letting Flamini take care of the res of their midfield.

Yepes and Sokratis are seasoned Serie A defenders, sure they haven't impressed that much so far but it's not like they play in every game, rustiness is bound to set in due to the time they spent on the bench.

I'm taking the game seriously, last season we would have killed to have that line-up available when Pato, Pirlo and Nesto got injured. This season we have options and strength in depth. Lets use it not try to suck every last bit of sweat and blood from a player before they can't play anymore like we did with most of our team last season.

Also Pippo is the goalscorer there. He'll rely on Dinho and Robs to give him the supply. Dinho will give him at least 2 chances on a platter, while Robinho is great at getting into great positions with space where he can play in Pippo.

All I'm counting on for this to work is for the defender to not completly f it up and Dinho and Seedorf to be on their A-game

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Nov 7 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #14

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 7 2010, 09:57 PM) *
Yepes and Sokratis are seasoned Serie A defenders, sure they haven't impressed that much so far but it's not like they play in every game, rustiness is bound to set in due to the time they spent on the bench.

Don't you think it's a bit too riskful to rest both Thiago Silva and Nesta against a side like Palermo? Silva didn't even play today, so surely he cannot be needing another rest same goes for Pato who only subbed un. Both need to start vs Palermo IMO.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 7 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Nov 7 2010, 09:01 PM) *
Don't you think it's a bit too riskful to rest both Thiago Silva and Nesta against a side like Palermo? Silva didn't even play today, so surely he cannot be needing another rest same goes for Pato who only subbed un. Both need to start vs Palermo IMO.

Well Thiago is having some recurring thigh problem so it could be completely out of our hands as to whether he starts or not. Plus even if he's fit I'd rather not risk him pulling up again before the Inter match like he did against Real.

As for Pato, I really think we can do it without him. I'm curious as to how a Dinho-Robinho-Pato trio upfront would look but that's just asking for a flat 3 upfront thanks to Allegri (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Anyways, like I said, if we're struggling that badly we can always put in Ibra and Pato for Robs and Pippo and put Nesta in the defence

+Quote Post

23 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:22 PM