> Blatter proposal threatens Inter, Friday 5 October, 2007

acid911
post Apr 18 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #16

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 18 2008, 08:01 PM)
That's the main reason why the organization are against it, because it involves money, they don't give a s*** about being xenophobic or anything else, their only concern is MONEY!

All sports are completely about money. The lure of millions and billions is too much to resist for these organizations, be it FIFA, NHL, or ICC. Speaking of which, take a look at where Cricket is now that money has come into it. In fact, the only sports that's not as commercialized is what, maybe Sumo wrestling? Or ping-pong, for that matter? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

For fans, yes it's agonizingly frustrating, but who gives a rat's asss for the fans? (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 18 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #17

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 18 2008, 05:30 PM)
dst, imagine that there's a shopping centre that opens in your neighbour, and all the employees are from another city, while in your own there's a lot of unemployment, would you still find that stupid? Especially if those employees work for "cheaper" than your neighbours would, that exactly what's happening in football (not talking about the quality here), nowadays an average footballer wouldn't hesitate to go to play in the EPL because he knows he's going to get paid much more than in another country, yet his salary would be nothing compared to what a local footballer of the same level would ask. That's the main problem behind globalisation.

I don't really get what you are saying... Your example is about people from another place getting picked ahead of others because they accept being paid less... what Blatter is trying to stop is teams buying foreign players who they pay MORE... The thing is, this is not about money... Blatter just wants to see the clubs focusing on national "resources"...

And I don't think you're right about what you're saying at all... clubs don't pick foreign players so that they can pay them less. In fact, in Serie A and the EPL the highest paid footballers are foreign... (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

It's as simple as this... clubs choose QUALITY... and if you think about it, there are many more world-class players that are (for example) non-Italian (or non-whatever) than Italian... a single country cannot beat the rest of the world in total number of quality players... so in my view, it's normal that clubs have more foreign than they do local players.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Apr 18 2008, 05:08 PM
Post #18

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 18 2008, 04:50 PM)
I don't really get what you are saying... Your example is about people from another place getting picked ahead of others because they accept being paid less... what Blatter is trying to stop is teams buying foreign players who they pay MORE... The thing is, this is not about money... Blatter just wants to see the clubs focusing on national "resources"...

And I don't think you're right about what you're saying at all... clubs don't pick foreign players so that they can pay them less. In fact, in Serie A and the EPL the highest paid footballers are foreign...  (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

It's as simple as this... clubs choose QUALITY... and if you think about it, there are many more world-class players that are (for example) non-Italian (or non-whatever) than Italian... a single country cannot beat the rest of the world in total number of quality players... so in my view, it's normal that clubs have more foreign than they do local players.

No, they pay more the likes of C.Ronaldo, Pato, Anderson, Torres, Ibrahimovic ... etc Do you think Flamini is paid as much as Carrick, Walcott as much as Bentner, Berbatov as much as Rooney, of course no! Blatter was not talking about the stars but about the young players.

Right now, this problem is only in the EPL because the others countries don't spend as much (on the young players) but with time, and if they want to be competitive they'll have to.

Clubs choose quality of course, but what I was talking about are the average players, an english version of Diabi, L.Diarra, Elano, Bentner, Clichy, Mickel ... would cost 3 times more to the club, so he prefers to go shopping aboard.
You that it's normal for a club to have more foreign then quality player, and I say no (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 18 2008, 05:39 PM
Post #19

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (morgoth @ Apr 18 2008, 06:08 PM)
Clubs choose quality of course, but what I was talking about are the average players, an english version of Diabi, L.Diarra, Elano, Bentner, Clichy, Mickel ... would cost 3 times more to the club, so he prefers to go shopping aboard.

I guess this is where we disagree as I don't think this is bad.

This post has been edited by dst: Apr 18 2008, 05:44 PM

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 18 2008, 05:57 PM
Post #20

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I'm really for it, unfortunatly it will never happen. What Blatter is trying to do wil basically help the World of football. Instead of spending millions a year on new players, the money will be spent on the youth academies, improving the quality of younger players as they'll have better facilities to use. Each team will be able to rely on younger players that are in a sense 'free' rather than having to pay tonnes of money on new players. It will still happen, but less frequently.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 18 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #21

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

football is a business first sport second. If kaka plays better football than delpiero. Milan will buy kaka. End of story. Its the same idea as why we bought pato where we could have easily bought g rossi. Hes italian, pato is brazillian. When buying players they look at skill not cost.

+Quote Post

morgoth
post Apr 18 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #22

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,827

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 18 2008, 08:34 PM)
football is a business first sport second.  If kaka plays better football than delpiero.  Milan will buy kaka.  End of story.  Its the same idea as why we bought pato where we could have easily bought g rossi.  Hes italian, pato is brazillian.  When buying players they look at skill not cost.

Football was never a business, it has become one (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 18 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #23

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 18 2008, 07:34 PM)
football is a business first sport second.  If kaka plays better football than delpiero.  Milan will buy kaka.  End of story.  Its the same idea as why we bought pato where we could have easily bought g rossi.  Hes italian, pato is brazillian.  When buying players they look at skill not cost.

But it isn't helping the game. And Italy will suffer because of this. Have you seen the Italy Under-21s? They're... average, very average. The Championships in Holland last year were terrible for them, having too many foreign players in your league doesn't help at all.

It's not the end of the World if it doesn't happen though I suppose. Ah well.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Apr 19 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #24

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 18 2008, 04:48 PM)
But it isn't helping the game. And Italy will suffer because of this. Have you seen the Italy Under-21s? They're... average, very average. The Championships in Holland last year were terrible for them, having too many foreign players in your league doesn't help at all.

It's not the end of the World if it doesn't happen though I suppose. Ah well.

The top teams in the world should incorporate whoever they like while they smaller teams use their youth systems. Its been working good and has always worked in the past. Blatter's problem is that they dont see enough of italians say in inter but thats a special case. Milan juve and roma have a fair share of italians. In england united, liverfool,chelsea also have a fair share of english players. Arsenal is the only one who looks like inter.

My point is that top clubs shouldn't be limited to they use because that just turns the level of football quality down. The under 21 italians suck yes but would you think it would be any different if milan started rotating them around? Look at gourcuff. Look at gilardino now who used to be good and now is trash. what i'm getting at is that top teams shouldn't be forced to bring down the quality of their game because their home country youth arent cutting it.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 19 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #25

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2008, 12:48 AM)

Italy's U21 team is not so bad in my opinion but anyway.

In general, it does not really matter what the youth teams do in terms of results. There can't be good teams on all generations, it's only normal... there are a number of good players though. The senior team consists of players of different generations... and that's where results matter.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 19 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #26

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2008, 12:48 PM)
Italy's U21 team is not so bad in my opinion but anyway.

In general, it does not really matter what the youth teams do in terms of results. There can't be good teams on all generations, it's only normal... there are a number of good players though. The senior team consists of players of different generations... and that's where results matter.

World cup winners doesn't come from having too many foreigners in your league too

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 19 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #27

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Apr 18 2008, 11:34 PM)
The top teams in the world should incorporate whoever they like while they smaller teams use their youth systems. 

That's my point exactly.

If the majority of young players are coming through at smaller teams, and never get a chance at the top, they're generally not going to be as good - worse training facilities, playing alongside worse players, etc. And this will eventually reflect on the NTs, obviously not right away. As dst said the NTs are made up of many generations, but eventually squads, in Europe at least, will consist of teams from outside the top 4. Just look at the current England squad as an example.

+Quote Post

dst
post Apr 19 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #28

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 02:10 PM)
World cup winners doesn't come from having too many foreigners in your league too

Victory in the World Cup comes from 11 great players and a good bench. The number of foreigners in a league has nothing to do with how many great players a country "produces". There would be more good players yeah but the great ones will always come through... so, in my view, the results of a national team in a World Cup (or Euro for that matter) are irrelevant to the number of foreigners in the league of that country.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Apr 19 2008, 03:35 PM
Post #29

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Well yes its 11 of the best then a good bench (plus a great coach) ... Thats a given.

But what I meant was Serie A, has more of an Italian feel to it. I mean you look at the Italian championship (regardless of the cugini of course) and can get that feel. You could say the same about the Bundesliga.

You go to the EPL and you count the number of foreigners playing their trade there, along with the La Liga ...

Ok for the sake of example ... When you think Serie A; name the best players in each position for the Italian national side: Buffon, Zambrotta, Oddo, Nesta, Matrix, Cannavaro, Panucci, Cameronesi, Totti, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, De Rossi, Aquilani, Toni, Inzaghi, Iaquinta, Del Piero, (and this is just for the sake of example 2 have retired).

Can you do the same for the EPL ?! I mean when you think of the EPL for example when you think Gkeeper, Cech comes to mind not Robinson ... Then for a winger CRonaldo comes to mind not Bently etc etc ...

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Apr 19 2008, 03:40 PM
Post #30

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2008, 02:35 PM)
Ok for the sake of example ... When you think Serie A; name the best players in each position for the Italian national side: Buffon, Zambrotta, Oddo, Nesta, Matrix, Cannavaro, Panucci, Cameronesi, Totti, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, De Rossi, Aquilani, Toni, Inzaghi, Iaquinta, Del Piero, (and this is just for the sake of example 2 have retired).

Can you do the same for the EPL ?! I mean when you think of the EPL for example when you think Gkeeper, Cech comes to mind not Robinson ... Then for a winger CRonaldo comes to mind not Bently etc etc ...

I don't see what the relation is between the top paragraph and the bottom one. You said "Name the best players in each position for the Italian NT" Obviously there's going to be no foreigners, as no foreigners can play for the Italian NT.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:11 AM