> Summer Transfers 2010

X-Offender
post Jul 26 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #3871

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 27 2010, 12:09 AM) *
is it bad that i'm seriously considering not watching any games this year?

I've thought of it as well, but I'll probably end up watching them anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

nuh
post Jul 27 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #3872

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Member No.: 1,284

Come on, you guys can't do that...you can't just bail on this team just cuz we are going through a dark period, i know things are going bad but we fell in love with Milan not with Milan's trophies. Just stick by the team and slowly everything will get better.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 27 2010, 01:52 AM
Post #3873

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

I'm not bailing. I'm just not sure I'm going to spend a whole lot of money to go watch them in person this season.

+Quote Post

nuh
post Jul 27 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #3874

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 27 2010, 01:52 AM) *
I'm not bailing. I'm just not sure I'm going to spend a whole lot of money to go watch them in person this season.

I know and your right. But I was talking about warnchat and Xoff. But yeah from your point of view your right. I would probably do the same thing

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jul 27 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #3875

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I can accept failure if there's effort. Problem is, the management are seemingly making no effort to better the team, they're not even trying. We were awful to watch for periods of last season, I can see why some just don't want to watch.

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jul 27 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #3876

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 703

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 26 2010, 08:44 PM) *
I can accept failure if there's effort. Problem is, the management are seemingly making no effort to better the team, they're not even trying. We were awful to watch for periods of last season, I can see why some just don't want to watch.

this is my point

this management hasn't done anything since we sold sheva. i'm tired of watching us struggle against bottom of the table teams. it's gotten to the point where i'm embarrassed to say a root for milan infront of EPL fans.

just tired of seeing our management throw this club away. a club like milan should never struggle with bottom league tables...especially year after year.

+Quote Post

nuh
post Jul 27 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #3877

Giovanissimi Regionali B

QUOTE (Warchant @ Jul 27 2010, 03:10 AM) *
this is my point

this management hasn't done anything since we sold sheva. i'm tired of watching us struggle against bottom of the table teams. it's gotten to the point where i'm embarrassed to say a root for milan infront of EPL fans.

just tired of seeing our management throw this club away. a club like milan should never struggle with bottom league tables...especially year after year.

Well probably if it weren't for our management we wouldn't even be in the Serie A now. Berlu got us out of a big hole...and we might be doing bad rht now but at least not many teams out there have the same history and prestige as we do. I dunno about you guys but i will never get tired of watching Milan and i will never be embarrassed of them. Forza Milan.

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Jul 27 2010, 05:20 AM
Post #3878

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Nuh, I understand your point. I understand Warchant's point as well.

Here's my two cents.

The management in place at the moment has some of the best records and accolades in the business. Galliani and Berlusconi can be remembered as some of the best in the business. But you do not get recognition for a project that is not complete. AC Milan is an ongoing, never ending project. Their work is not done. I do not go to a farmer and congratulate him on how beautiful his crops are when he is not even done planting the seeds. If Berlu was to retire and sell the team, then is the time to talk about how wonderful a job he did. Resulting to talk about how good the past is, is an excuse for someone who is failing in the present. This, unfortunately, is what Berlusconi is stuck doing right now. I personally wouldn't put too much blame on Galliani, I actually think he is still quite good at his job. He just has absolutely no money to work with, and divas for veterans that won't switch teams. It is hard for a baseball player to play baseball without a bat, and this is how Galliani is without Berlusconi's investment.

So for me, yes I am going to watch every game this year and yes I will scream at the computer and wake my roommates up when we lose. Will I be purchasing my yearly jersey or buying a plane ticket to Italy any time soon? Or paying to join the Milan Fan Club? Doubt it.

This post has been edited by Dracoris: Jul 27 2010, 05:22 AM

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Jul 27 2010, 05:47 AM
Post #3879

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

QUOTE (nuh @ Jul 26 2010, 09:51 PM) *
Well probably if it weren't for our management we wouldn't even be in the Serie A now. Berlu got us out of a big hole...and we might be doing bad rht now but at least not many teams out there have the same history and prestige as we do. I dunno about you guys but i will never get tired of watching Milan and i will never be embarrassed of them. Forza Milan.

i will never say that berlu wasn't one the best things that has ever happened for our club. we've had an absolutely amazing history. and without him, we may have never had it.

however, a team with that kind of past should be doing whatever it takes to stay relevant, to stay competitive, and to stay at the top of the game.

milan has not done that for years. i would argue that our management hasn't done anything of significance (besides selling some of the best players in the world) since Istanbul. look at our transfer market since then...i don't know whether or not i should laugh or cry. it's embarrassing compared to teams of the same caliber.

we're an absolute joke of a club right now. all you have to do is look at the team that shares our stadium to see the vast difference between where we are and where we need to be.

now, if Milan manage to pull off some big scoop and grab some great players that will help our team compete for trophies, then i will gladly support this club with my hard time/money. if not, then i'll take them elsewhere.

don't get me wrong though. i will still wear my jersey, i will still support this club, but i won't waste my time getting frustrated everytime we lose to a bottom tier team because our management doesn't fill the need to field a competitive team.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Jul 27 2010, 06:31 AM
Post #3880

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Well I've always supported Galliani...whilst being very ambivalent about Berlusconi.

The thing why I would support the team is for the players. None of them can be held accountable for this mess. Ambro, Rino, Paolo, Nesta all our stalwarts have said everything about the situation basically conveying -"I'm too old, please get someone else!". Yet our hands are tied.

The problem here is the whole organization has got into a comfort zone...with the players...with the way things are run..etc.

I will never slate Galliani. Fester's working like a madman, opening up sponsorship deals for us (we've won zilch, we have no stadium, our ticket sales are dropping, and we have no stars AND we're Serie A) which is really difficult right now.

Right now, we have nothing..except our legacy. We need to build from there, and it will take a long time. I'd mentioned this sometime ago and I'll do it again. We won't be anywhere near the top for another 5 years. That's how long the various institutional changes will take to come into effect.

I just hope a new stadium is there somewhere in the plans. We're getting killed in terms of revenue. How many times has Galliani talked about how we're losing revenue coz of the stadium and we have Berlusconi come up saying the San Siro is our cathedral and FUD like that.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 27 2010, 08:52 AM
Post #3881

Primavera

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,265

nuh, you're the true heir to the Rossoneri7 throne! same logics, same lines, same "if it weren't for them we wouldn't be here" arguments (which I personally disagree with). it's fun/cool to have your kind of fans around (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But you do not get recognition for a project that is not complete. AC Milan is an ongoing, never ending project. Their work is not done. I do not go to a farmer and congratulate him on how beautiful his crops are when he is not even done planting the seeds. If Berlu was to retire and sell the team, then is the time to talk about how wonderful a job he did.

It's always like this. people tend to remember the negatives better. after the world cup few talked about what a wonderful defender Canna was back in 2006 (the Berlin Wall). two years of absolute mediocrity topped by a disastrous world cup performance was enough for most people (Italy fans) to forget everything he'd done and call for his head.

Same goes for our MGMT. they've already done enough (ignoring/overlooking) in the past few years for most of the fans to forget what they'd done in 20 years. IMO always keeping it up and ending your career (be it a footballer's or a football director's) on a high is the sole important thing. Canna failed at it. Maldini didn't. Berlu and Galliani have (unless they create an extraordinary Milan team once again which to be honest I can't see happening AT ALL).

I've been saying this for two years now and I still stand by it: the day Berlu is gone and this club has a new owner [who's willing to spend $$$ on it] will be one great day.

This post has been edited by Zed.D: Jul 27 2010, 08:54 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 27 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #3882

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I will never understand the support towards Berlusconi by some people at present times. Generally speaking, Berlusca is a crook, a mafioso, a filthy individual, but Milan fans have always loved and worshiped him for raising our club at the top of the world. I feel no different. But in the last 4-5 years or so, he's gone AWOL and the club has suffered enormously his absence. We're slowly becoming a joke of a club, signing old glories instead of promising youngsters, renewing the contracts of ex-footballers and struggling every season to finish in the top 4. Like Zed rightfully mentioned, all your past achievements and glories will come to a grinding halt if you're no longer willing to spend a nickle, and that is exactly the case of good ol' Silvio. Milan fans no longer remember him as a great achiever, but as the man who is slowly but surely sinking this club to the bottom of the pit.

This post has been edited by X-Offender: Jul 27 2010, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post

d'Arc.LP
post Jul 27 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #3883

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,786

I think that our next signing (if we will sign someone) will be a midfielder. It could be Blasi,Ledesma,Lazzari,Hernanes and/or Diarra.

EDIT :

Roman Babaev: Honda will not go to Milan - link

Inter will have 160 mil. ready to invest in new players - link

We have 16 mil. and still haven't spent them.

This post has been edited by d'Arc.LP: Jul 27 2010, 04:00 PM

+Quote Post

Dracoris
post Jul 27 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #3884

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,716

Expect Blasi, he's the cheapest/worst option.

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 27 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #3885

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Tuttomercatoweb quotes Tuttosport in saying that the reason Milan and gobbi directors met in Varese at the game a few days ago was to discuss the transfer of Camoranesi to Milan.

If this is true, I think I will cry. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cry.gif)

+Quote Post

403 Pages V  « < 257 258 259 260 261 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 02:21 PM