Nova
post May 1 2016, 08:55 AM
Post #2

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 34

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 30 2016, 10:35 PM) *
A must win if we want to stay in 6th...

Just out of curiosity , is 6th place really that much of importance ?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 10:42 AM
Post #3

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 08:55 AM) *
Just out of curiosity , is 6th place really that much of importance ?

I personally think it's important that we get our feet back into European football even if it is in the second rate competition. Why? Because we've been out in the wilderness too long and the longer we do spend outside the harder it will be

And IF major investment is truly coming our way it will be a good step forward for us to be in the EL

+Quote Post

Nova
post May 1 2016, 11:22 AM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 12:42 PM) *
I personally think it's important that we get our feet back into European football even if it is in the second rate competition. Why? Because we've been out in the wilderness too long and the longer we do spend outside the harder it will be

And IF major investment is truly coming our way it will be a good step forward for us to be in the EL

I didnt know 6th place was an E.L. spot , my bad ...

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 11:28 AM
Post #5

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 11:22 AM) *
I didnt know 6th place was an E.L. spot , my bad ...

It's not, but since Juve are already in the CL and they made it to the Coppa final, the EL spot awarded to the Domestic Cup winner will be given to the highest placed team out of the European positions (6th) thus if we lose the Coppa final (which let's face it, is very highly likely) then we can only get into the EL through 6th place

+Quote Post

Nova
post May 1 2016, 11:38 AM
Post #6

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 01:28 PM) *
It's not, but since Juve are already in the CL and they made it to the Coppa final, the EL spot awarded to the Domestic Cup winner will be given to the highest placed team out of the European positions (6th) thus if we lose the Coppa final (which let's face it, is very highly likely) then we can only get into the EL through 6th place

Well explained, thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I can only envy Juve , went to Serie B and are still flying high. It's obvious they don't have a senile management like we do.

I like it how the core of Juve is Italian , management wise. Even if we get some foreign investment or even ownership, I believe we sell our soul if we haven't lost it yet.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 01:10 PM
Post #7

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 11:38 AM) *
Well explained, thank you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

I can only envy Juve , went to Serie B and are still flying high. It's obvious they don't have a senile management like we do.

I like it how the core of Juve is Italian , management wise. Even if we get some foreign investment or even ownership, I believe we sell our soul if we haven't lost it yet.

Problem is that Italian players good enough to build a team around aren't as abundant as they once were. Sure Chiellini and Buffon are really great but they're not exactly spring chickens. Bonucci imo is a liability at times especially when he's not in the comfort zone of the Juve set-up which shields him a lot, and it's why he's less than stellar for the NT. Marchisio is also great but atm there aren't really any Italian mids outside of him and Verratti that I would say we should totally get and build around.

+Quote Post

Nova
post May 1 2016, 01:28 PM
Post #8

Giovanissimi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ May 1 2016, 03:10 PM) *
Problem is that Italian players good enough to build a team around aren't as abundant as they once were. Sure Chiellini and Buffon are really great but they're not exactly spring chickens. Bonucci imo is a liability at times especially when he's not in the comfort zone of the Juve set-up which shields him a lot, and it's why he's less than stellar for the NT. Marchisio is also great but atm there aren't really any Italian mids outside of him and Verratti that I would say we should totally get and build around.

True , but at least Juve still has that core. It's getting older but I do believe they have the professionalism to replace them. Plus , their management is pro Juve , while ours seems to be pro bank accounts. Sign some cheap or free players. I get it , it's a tough world , but this downfall could have been avoided . I'm not saying we should've been top of the world , but the state Milan is in now really flirts with the bottom I have ever seem them at.

I believe Milan lost their Dna or Identity , I just don't recognize them anymore. I have been supporting Milan since the Van basten days and during that period we had some lesser seasons , butter neven to the extend of being absolutely horrible. If we didn't had a good coach , we still had the funds or good players. If we didn't have good players , we had a good coach or funds. Now we have nothing. No players , no money , no coach and no management. This is getting out of hand and I believe the seasons couldn't end sooner.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 02:07 PM
Post #9

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nova @ May 1 2016, 01:28 PM) *
True , but at least Juve still has that core. It's getting older but I do believe they have the professionalism to replace them. Plus , their management is pro Juve , while ours seems to be pro bank accounts. Sign some cheap or free players. I get it , it's a tough world , but this downfall could have been avoided . I'm not saying we should've been top of the world , but the state Milan is in now really flirts with the bottom I have ever seem them at.

I believe Milan lost their Dna or Identity , I just don't recognize them anymore. I have been supporting Milan since the Van basten days and during that period we had some lesser seasons , butter neven to the extend of being absolutely horrible. If we didn't had a good coach , we still had the funds or good players. If we didn't have good players , we had a good coach or funds. Now we have nothing. No players , no money , no coach and no management. This is getting out of hand and I believe the seasons couldn't end sooner.

Agreed

Lol, left the room for 2 seconds and we concede (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

This Brocchi thing has sent us a million steps backwards

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 1 2016, 02:59 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

As I said, this is for the greater good. Surely Brocchi won't be picked as a new coach. Also, Milan has been rattled up pretty good lately. The small shareholders want Galliani's head, and it looks like they could do something real about it.

This summer must be the place and time where Milan steps forward and makes the transition away from Galliani and Berlusconi. If not, we can only expect things to get worse.

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 03:01 PM
Post #11

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 1 2016, 02:59 PM) *
As I said, this is for the greater good. Surely Brocchi won't be picked as a new coach. Also, Milan has been rattled up pretty good lately. The small shareholders want Galliani's head, and it looks like they could do something real about it.

This summer must be the place and time where Milan steps forward and makes the transition away from Galliani and Berlusconi. If not, we can only expect things to get worse.

Losing 6th this season won't do much good for us imo

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #12

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Brocchi absolutely has no idea wtf he's doing btw, we look a bigger mess than we were under Pippo

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post May 1 2016, 03:20 PM
Post #13

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

But in all fairness, the whole entity is a mess. Brocchi is a rookie who got thrown into the fire. And this match is a perfect example. Frosinone has luck on their side, Donna making first big mistakes and all. Really unlucky today.

+Quote Post

maldini03
post May 1 2016, 03:21 PM
Post #14

Esordienti A 95

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,029

Please tell meveryone again how good of a defender you think Alex is, two of the goals today fall directly on him. This isn't the first time either, he is Zapata level. One game excellent the next he looks like he belongs in Serie B. His aerial ability is always good and he can score from corners but I would trade those traits for someone with positional sense and quickness.

Edit: this is not to say that I don't appreciate his contribution this season or that I think there is anyone on the bench who is better. But just think of where we would be with out Romagnoli, he is head and shoulders above everyone else we have.

This post has been edited by maldini03: May 1 2016, 03:23 PM

+Quote Post

han2503
post May 1 2016, 03:28 PM
Post #15

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 1 2016, 03:20 PM) *
But in all fairness, the whole entity is a mess. Brocchi is a rookie who got thrown into the fire. And this match is a perfect example. Frosinone has luck on their side, Donna making first big mistakes and all. Really unlucky today.

That is why Miha should have never been fired, Allegri and Pippo made much bigger fouls and were given much more time

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:26 AM