Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Galliani hands-on to cure Milan

Rivaldo
post Mar 1 2009, 12:15 PM
Post #1

Giovanissimi Regionali B

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,063

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani reveals his cure for the team’s ills. “I want to keep a close eye and hands-on approach with every player.”

The club is in crisis after exiting the UEFA Cup, Coppa Italia and practically the Scudetto race too, so Galliani is taking control.

“I want to see each individual player’s intensity of their efforts during training,” he told the Corriere dello Sport.

“I intend to follow up on how the injured players are recovering, how the fitness Coaches are working and a few other aspects too.

“From now until May 31 I will run this club not from our offices in via Turati, but from Milanello.

“I will be present at the training ground every moment I can and I guarantee you that will be often.”

Although Silvio Berlusconi is the President, Galliani is the de facto general manager and man in charge of the day to day running of the Rossoneri.

This week he held two different sets of crisis talks with Carlo Ancelotti and the squad, in which he warned that failure to finish at least in the top three would mean massive sales and wages slashed.

“The club simply made its position clear. We told them what everyone already knew, that qualification for the Champions League cannot get away.”

Milan stuck with their stars and reinforced when they failed to reach the top four last season, but that was tempered by winning the Club World Cup and European Super Cup.

There is to be no such silverware this term and the pressure is on, but rather than pinpoint Ancelotti’s tactical short-comings, Galliani looks to the medical staff.

“We have been decimated by injuries and I think it’s obvious that is the problem. The team we drew up in the summer included Alessandro Nesta, Kakha Kaladze, Gennaro Gattuso, Kaka and Marco Borriello.

“With the complete squad we remain one of the top sides in Europe. The truth is when we play with Gattuso and Kaka, naturally, we do not lose.

“Without the Brazilian we have lost five Serie A games and gone out of the UEFA Cup.”

Kaka is still struggling with a sprained foot and is out of this afternoon’s match with Sampdoria, as are Ronaldinho and Massimo Ambrosini.

Some say this will be Ancelotti’s final year in charge of Milan and set the stage for a huge revolution at the club.

“With Ancelotti we have achieved extraordinary things. The current fitness staff are the same ones who took us to the top of the world.

“You cannot judge an entire club, Coach and professionals based only on their most recent result. The club is not for sale and Berlusconi continues to have great passion for this side.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar1h.html
---------------------
I don't understand why he didn't do this way earlier...he have to control each point of club's life! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 1 2009, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

but rather than pinpoint Ancelotti’s tactical short-comings, Galliani looks to the medical staff.

This just sums everything up nicely. Can't blame the players for the coach's incompetence.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 1 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,564

I think the medical stuff really is a big issue.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 1 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #4

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 05:43 PM) *
I think the medical stuff really is a big issue.

Bigger than subbing our only forward for a dm...

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 1 2009, 07:58 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 1 2009, 07:34 PM) *
Bigger than subbing our only forward for a dm...

Much bigger.

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 1 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #6

Allievi Regionali B

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 06:58 PM) *
Much bigger.

LOL medical stuff is just another excuse, we have a squad and not just a team if the squad is not good enough then it's down to the person who signed the players.

+Quote Post

dst
post Mar 1 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #7

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

Having a good medical team is fundamental and in my opinion we need both new medical staff and a new coach!

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 1 2009, 08:29 PM
Post #8

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

“Without the Brazilian we have lost five Serie A games and gone out of the UEFA Cup.”

No doubt. That is why he is our future captain. Without him or any Brazilians for that matter, this team plays like pure and utter trash.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 1 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #9

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Respectfully disagree. Remember the Napoli game last season.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 1 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #10

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 08:29 PM) *
No doubt. That is why he is our future captain. Without him or any Brazilians for that matter, this team plays like pure and utter trash.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ..nice statement.

Maybe we should hire a brazilian doctor as well? Just to avoid the doctor excuse?

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 1 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #11

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 1 2009, 01:32 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ..nice statement.

Maybe we should hire a brazilian doctor as well? Just to avoid the doctor excuse?

I wouldn't mind. They helped ronaldo out more than our doctors did.

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 1 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 1 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Respectfully disagree. Remember the Napoli game last season.

sure I do.

+Quote Post

whoarethepatriot...
post Mar 2 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #13

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 782

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 07:29 PM) *

So the following players are useless then

(IMG:http://www.footballitaliano.co.uk/images/articles/pirlo.jpg)

Pirlo is overrated anyway. I mean who benefits from his range of passing. Emerson's square and backwards passing is all we need

(IMG:http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00000/gattuso_892a.jpg)

I suppose we dont really need Gattuso. As long as we can score more than them then what is the need for defensive mid fielders. Who needs balance anyway?

(IMG:http://i.media.goal.com/g/19828_news.jpg)

Ambrosini, now where do i begin. I mean what decisive goals has he ever scored?

(IMG:http://images.quickblogcast.com/92912-88346/maldini2.jpg)

Maldini, he is a good looking lad no doubt, but i mean what is the point of having a player who dosent score goals or create them. Its not like we need someone to prevent goals being scored

(IMG:http://funwebtest.epfl.ch/site0607/Emma%20Betti/images/Nesta3.jpg)

Nesta? It dosent ring a bell. What position does he play?

Note my sarcasm. We are an Italian Serie A team, not the Brazilian national team. Saying we accomplish nothing with non Brazilians is spitting in the face of everyone at the club and the glory they have bought us.

Would Kaka be as effective as he is without Gattuso Ambrosini and Seedorf to cover him and track back. Would Pato score goals like he does without service? Who assisted his first goal at the club and his most recent? A non Brazilian, an Italian actually by the name of Guiseppe Favalli.

By the Brazilian rationale, should Emerson and Dida be made instant first teamers because of their heritage? Being Brazilian does not automatically make you a superior player

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 2 2009, 12:34 AM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

^^ Gosh, I think you're right!

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Mar 2 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #15

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

Fishdoll +1 cookie (and a case of beer) to whoarethepatriots. Lovely post. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:49 AM