4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Beckham's future to be resolved on Friday?

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 4 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #46

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,865

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 4 2009, 12:18 PM) *
I think this bit is a bit harsh.

It seems Landon Donovan is without blame in all of this, even though he went off to Europe as well. Is it Beckhams fault that Milan want to keep him? Not really. He's certainly raised the profile of football in the US, but some people didn't know what to expect from him and raised his expectations to an impossible level. I have one or two friend in alifornia who autmatically assumed that since Beckham is a great footballer, he was going to score stupid amounts of goals in every single game. 1 man doesn't make a team.

They're called smarter friends. If you look around hard enough, you can usually find a few. And where the hell is Alifornia, sounds like some place out of LOTR.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 4 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #47

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 4 2009, 08:13 AM) *
They're called smarter friends. If you look around hard enough, you can usually find a few. And where the hell is Alifornia, sounds like some place out of LOTR.

The keyboard mis-spelled it, not me!

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 5 2009, 05:29 AM
Post #48

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

And you blame Carlo for not taking responsibility. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Hypocrite!

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 6 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #49

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

It seems Becks is allowed to stay with us until the end of the season when he will go back to Galaxy and finish their season with them. He will then be able to come back to Milan in december for free. Apparently he has also taken a massive pay cut.

+Quote Post

Ro Rossonera
post Mar 6 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #50

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,201

Now is the time where I pack critter, in his critter taxi, and we head to Milanello where I will then unleash him to reek havoc on fester (Galliani) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) If I'm gone for a while you'll know why

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 6 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #51

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

QUOTE (Ro Rossonera @ Mar 6 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Now is the time where I pack critter, in his critter taxi, and we head to Milanello where I will then unleash him to reek havoc on fester (Galliani) ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) If I'm gone for a while you'll know why

Becks isn't our worst player though, if the rest of the team showed as much spirit as he does then we wouldn't be in our current position.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 6 2009, 09:23 PM
Post #52

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

So, is he staying?

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 6 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #53

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 6 2009, 02:19 PM) *
Becks isn't our worst player though, if the rest of the team showed as much spirit as he does then we wouldn't be in our current position.

+1

+Quote Post

Ro Rossonera
post Mar 6 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #54

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 6,201

QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Mar 6 2009, 03:19 PM) *

Never said it was JUST about Beckham did I? Just that it makes me want to do it more now...plus since the derby what has he really done for us??

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 6 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #55

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 6 2009, 08:23 PM) *
So, is he staying?

yea he will stay here till june then go back to la in jan 2010 he will return to milan that is what sky sports and gallaini said ( likely to happen)

+Quote Post

Warchant
post Mar 8 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #56

Giovanissimi Nazionali
Group Icon

Member No.: 703

LOS ANGELES (AP) - David Beckham will remain on loan with AC Milan for the remainder of the season.

The Los Angeles Galaxy announced late Saturday that it had struck a "multimillion dollar deal" to enable the former England captain to remain with the Italian Serie A club until the season ends, then return to the Galaxy in July.

The Galaxy had sought $10 million for the outright purchase of Beckham, but Milan officials had offered $3 million. The two sides were negotiating for weeks and reached agreement on the loan extension hours before it was due to expire after Milan's game with Atalanta on Sunday.

"I'm really grateful to the L.A. Galaxy and AC Milan for making this dream deal happen," Beckham said in the statement.

"It allows me to play for AC Milan and the L.A. Galaxy in the same year, and also to continue my commitment to develop soccer in the United States, which is something I am passionate about."

The announcement came three weeks after Major League Soccer's Feb. 13 deadline to resolve the situation.

"Much has been written and said but all along it has been our intention to keep David Beckham as a member of the Los Angeles Galaxy," Galaxy president and chief executive Tim Leiweke said in the statement.

"We are pleased he is returning and at the same time, we feel it is important to allow him to finish his run in Milan, as it has been a remarkable run."

The 33-year-old Beckham repeatedly said he wanted to stay with Milan to improve his chances of making England's team for next year's World Cup and described his experience there as "incredible."

Beckham has a five-year contract with MLS worth $32.5 million, and it includes a clause that would allow him to leave at the end of this year.

The Galaxy opens the MLS season on March 22. Beckham won't become eligible to play in league games until the international transfer window reopens on July 15.

That means Beckham's first game with the Galaxy will be July 16 against the New York Red Bulls, which will be moved up two days from its original date on the league schedule.

The change is necessary to accommodate another part of the deal, an exhibition between Milan and the Galaxy in Los Angeles on July 19.

Beckham won't count against the Galaxy's 20-man senior roster until he returns to the club in July, nor will he count against the club's salary budget until his return.

"I am confident that his presence will strengthen our roster in the last half of the season as we push for a playoff position," coach Bruce Arena said in the statement.

In a move to accommodate fans who endured the back-and-forth speculation on Beckham's future in Los Angeles, the team said it will cut ticket prices by an average of 10 percent.

Refunds, in the amount of the rollback, will be issued for anyone who has already purchased season or individual tickets, the team said.

Beckham said his ideal scenario for the year would be to help Milan qualify for next season's Champions League and for the Galaxy to make the playoffs and win the MLS Cup.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:24 PM