> Ancelotti Stays Defiant, News

novfan
post Dec 16 2008, 09:07 PM
Post #1

Esordienti B 96

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,205

Ancelotti stays defiant, ‘Winter break will do us good’

MILAN: AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti refused to rule his side out of the Serie A title race after a 4-2 defeat at Juventus on Sunday.

Milan, who were without the injured Kaka, Mathieu Flamini and Gennaro Gattuso, are now nine points behind leaders Inter Milan and three behind second-placed Juve after 16 games.

The Rossoneri, only fifth last season, host faltering Udinese next weekend before a mid-season break when David Beckham joins on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy.

“I think there will definitely be a reaction to this defeat.

“The winter break will be useful as we will get some players back,” former Juve boss Ancelotti told Sky.

“From a defensive point of view, we gave them too much. We started the game really well.

“We’ve had a lot of injuries and been without some important players.”

Brazilian-born striker Amauri, signed for €22.8mil (US$30.3mil) from Palermo in the close season having played for Chievo among others, grabbed two of Juve’s goals.

Juve coach Claudio Ranieri was thrilled with the 28-year-old, who is waiting for an Italian passport and may make himself available for Italy boss Marcello Lippi having never been called up by Brazil.

“I expected it as the club paid lots of money for him. Amauri arrived at the right time, he has gained experience around Italy and has matured before joining us. He is doing great things,” Ranieri beamed.

“We knew Milan would start strongly and we suffered a lot in the first 10 minutes but I had faith.” — Reuters
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Dec 16 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #2

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I agree with him.

The break at winter will give our injured players time to rest up, and give the squad as a whole a bit of rest in general. Hopefully we may see a few new faces in the Winter transfer window and we can push on for the rest of the season.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 16 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #3

Token Girl
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,800

For what it's worth, Milan traditionally play better after the winter sosta than before.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Dec 16 2008, 09:38 PM
Post #4

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Hope springs eternal and i wonder if a new arrival or 2 other than Mr.Beckham may be in the offing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Dec 16 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #5

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

Though Milan have currently spread some distance between 3rd and 1st place .. And the odds have been stacked against Milan at the moment (considering the current state of the team /injuries etc ..), it seems like a moutain climb, considering both inter and Juve are in form now. But I believe this break is exactly what Milan needs, a recharge of batteries for the final push.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Dec 16 2008, 09:50 PM
Post #6

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

Too bad we're not going to Malta again instead of Dubai. That year we did, I believe we won the CL.

+Quote Post

Tennie
post Dec 16 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #7

Token Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,800

And han's penguins could get us some great pictures too....

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 16 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Winter always gives us a boost.

+Quote Post

dst
post Dec 16 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #9

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

I agree with what you said.

As for Amauri... how hard is to score when nobody's trying to stop you?

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Dec 17 2008, 04:08 AM
Post #10

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

It annoys the hell out of me, when they call him the former Juve coach. He's been here 7 years for god's sakes. He was in Juve for half that time. He's Milan coach period.

Call Mourinho former-Chelsea coach, that makes sense. Stupid reporters! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Dec 17 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #11

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 17 2008, 04:08 AM) *
It annoys the hell out of me, when they call him the former Juve coach. He's been here 7 years for god's sakes. He was in Juve for half that time. He's Milan coach period.

Call Mourinho former-Chelsea coach, that makes sense. Stupid reporters! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Ahhh, don't get angry, it's does stupid phrases abd journalistic tricks. Like when they say former Madrid director Arrigo Sacchi... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Mar 1 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #12

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Goal.com)
Carlo Ancelotti's Heart Belongs To AC Milan, Not Chelsea
The Milan boss reiterates his desire to stay at the San Siro...
28 Feb 2009 20:21:21

AC Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti has vowed to honour his contract with the club, rather than leave to manage Chelsea in the summer as many are expecting him to do.

The 49-year-old's contract ends in 2010 and it is thought that the club will not be renewing it when it runs out, with former Brazilian star Leonardo set to take charge at the San Siro.

Ancelotti's Milan have struggled in the last couple of seasons, only managing to qualify for the UEFA Cup last season and being knocked out by German side Werder Bremen earlier this week.

That result has left Ancelotti's job on a knife edge, and speculation has suggested that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is ready to employ him as manager of the Blues next season when Guus Hiddink's short-term contract runs out.

Ancelotti remains committed to getting Milan into the Champions League for next season, and he refused to comment on the possibility of his taking over at Chelsea.

Speaking to Setanta Sports, Ancelotti said, "I’ve been hearing my name linked to other teams for five years.
"As a consequence, it’s not a surprise to hear all those whispers, but my desire is to stay at Milan.

"From now on the team will do everything to qualify for the next Champions League.

"You can feel their motivation when you stare the players in the eyes."

The former Juventus coach is one of a number of big-hitters linked to the job at Stamford Bridge, with many fans hoping that Jose Mourinho will be heading back to London.

This latest fecal material brought to you by Goal.com. Sorry, Jack, he's called "former Juventus coach" in this one as well.

This post has been edited by MizNelson: Mar 1 2009, 06:55 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Mar 1 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #13

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

no thanks, please leave. Thank you for everything, but we need a coach who can do better than 3/4/5 in the league.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 1 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 1 2009, 07:49 AM) *
no thanks, please leave. Thank you for everything, but we need a coach who can do better than 3/4/5 in the league.

I like the rough approach.
Well, who can?

+Quote Post

I_Rossoneri
post Mar 1 2009, 04:03 PM
Post #15

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 558

Nothing would make me happier than to see carlo leave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:02 PM