> Serie A 2021/2022 Season, Serie A Discussion

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2021, 10:48 PM
Post #961

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 20 2021, 10:45 PM) *
It was a shock move. Not that Diaz was doing good or was useful today.

He was still a danger. Diaz is useful because he's always running, always pressing, always involved. He "glues" midfield and attack with his omnipresence.

Messias looked like he hadn't played football in a year.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 20 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #962

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2021, 10:38 PM) *
Speechless...

Never seen such a horrendous collection of brainfarts in a single game. Tata, Gabbia, Tonali, Theo. All massive errors that should never happen.

This match was doomed since yesterday with Rebic's injury, today Tomori, then the festival of errors.

Unforgivable. WTF is it with Theo and his little turns so close to the goal??? You never do that! They teach it to kids when they're learning about football. It's elementary.

Gabbia is a terrible defender. His positioning in their third goal was Serie B level.

Really I don't know what to say. This was such an easy game and we just squandered it.

Theo has that in him sadly, it's the price you pay for what we get at he other end

I'm not even angry today, just disheartened. These injuries are going to cost us another season, simple as that really

Today we made a couple of f@ck ups and got punished on each one of them, sometimes it happens.

I still don't understand how you start Gabbia when Romagnoli is called up. I'm sorry, but we'd have avoided 2 goals had Romagnoli been on the pitch instead. Or at least play Kalulu in the middle and just put in Florenzi on the right. Makes absolutely no sense to play Gabbia who has barely played against the best striker in the league. Pioli f@cked up on that one.

Each time Gabbia came up against Vlahovic he was in trouble.

It should have been an easy game, but this is what happens when you don't have continuity and your best players are consistently in and out of the side. At some point you're going to suffer for it.

We need to punt that A. Madrid game on Wednesday. Play the reserves and primavera, I do not care. We need to get Tomori fit again, we need to make sure Leao isn't out as well now, because if that's the case we're f@cked

Messias just doesn't look good enough, he looks like a Crotone player we picked up at the last minute.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2021, 10:40 PM) *
Oh, and subbing Messias for Brahim was an idiotic move. Messias is completely out of shape.

Brahim hasn't looked good since returning from Covid either, let's be honest.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2021, 10:50 PM
Post #963

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 20 2021, 10:47 PM) *
By losing our first team players while playing crappy players like Tata and Gabbia.

Why wasn't Romagnoli used? Surely must have been a late injury or fitness problems, I doubt that Pioli would have selected Gabbia out of the blue for no reason.

I think the Sky people said Romangoli wasn't in top shape.

Anyway, too many mistakes man. Too many. And this was a shitty Fiorentina side. Imagine being so careless against stronger teams. We lack concentration. But yes, also too many crappy players like Tata and Gabbia as you said.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 20 2021, 10:51 PM
Post #964

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 20 2021, 10:47 PM) *
By losing our first team players while playing crappy players like Tata and Gabbia.

Why wasn't Romagnoli used? Surely must have been a late injury or fitness problems, I doubt that Pioli would have selected Gabbia out of the blue for no reason.

Romagnoli was on the bench though.

Even Kalulu would have made far more sense since he has better speed and physicality than Gabbia

Pioli dropped the ball here. Gabbia vs Vlahovic was never going to end well

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 20 2021, 10:55 PM
Post #965

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2021, 10:50 PM) *
I think the Sky people said Romangoli wasn't in top shape.

Anyway, too many mistakes man. Too many. And this was a shitty Fiorentina side. Imagine being so careless against stronger teams. We lack concentration. But yes, also too many crappy players like Tata and Gabbia as you said.

We conceded 4 goals today, sad to say but those are not title contender numbers.

Let's just all play that Tomori and Leao don't have anything serious.

Because we've done well enough so far to allow ourselves to recover from this without much damage being done to our position, but we cannot have another game like today.

All goals coming from easily avoidable errors aside from the Saponara one. Tonali should have done better with the clearance but it's not as terrible as the other 3 f ups

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 20 2021, 11:01 PM
Post #966

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Let's hope for a draw tomorrow between Napoli and Inter

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 20 2021, 11:05 PM
Post #967

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

If Pioli kept Alessio on the bench because of that Atletico game I'll blow a gasket...

Romagnoli on the pitch and we win this.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 20 2021, 11:05 PM
Post #968

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 20 2021, 10:55 PM) *
We conceded 4 goals today, sad to say but those are not title contender numbers.

Let's just all play that Tomori and Leao don't have anything serious.

Because we've done well enough so far to allow ourselves to recover from this without much damage being done to our position, but we cannot have another game like today.

All goals coming from easily avoidable errors aside from the Saponara one. Tonali should have done better with the clearance but it's not as terrible as the other 3 f ups

You can concede 4 goals and still win the title. Milan 4-4 Udinese in 2011, for example. Or you can have a terrible match even though you're a great squad. Villa 7-2 Liverpool last season, or Gladbach 5-0 Bayern a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not worried about the loss, precisely because it came from easily avoidable errors and lack of concentration. This was an easy win, you could see it from a mile away in the first half, yet we f*cked up by conceding those mistakes and by wasting so many scoring opportunities.

If we had played badly and had been dominated by Fiorentina, that would have been another matter.

But this season we're making way too many individual mistakes. We have to fix it.

We also have to avoid playing duds like Tatarusanu, Gabbia, Krunic etc. who are not Milan level.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 21 2021, 09:33 AM
Post #969

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2021, 11:05 PM) *
You can concede 4 goals and still win the title. Milan 4-4 Udinese in 2011, for example. Or you can have a terrible match even though you're a great squad. Villa 7-2 Liverpool last season, or Gladbach 5-0 Bayern a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not worried about the loss, precisely because it came from easily avoidable errors and lack of concentration. This was an easy win, you could see it from a mile away in the first half, yet we f*cked up by conceding those mistakes and by wasting so many scoring opportunities.

If we had played badly and had been dominated by Fiorentina, that would have been another matter.

But this season we're making way too many individual mistakes. We have to fix it.

We also have to avoid playing duds like Tatarusanu, Gabbia, Krunic etc. who are not Milan level.

I'm not worried about the performance in general either, because we were better, scored 3 goals and should have won this.

But, my main worry is that Tatarusanu isn't going anywhere until January, the injuries keep coming which will force us to play players who have barely played all season, which will make them error prone as we saw with Gabbia today who was all over the place. Krunic is a different matter imo. He's a good squad player, the problems come when you're forced to rely on these players regularly

Individual errors by players like Theo and Kessie is also hugely worrying as these are supposed to be the pillars of the team

Theo loves doing that turn, and I understand why he does it because it usually releases him into an open space to sprint through, but when it goes wrong on the rare occasion it's always fatal.

I'm sure we'll bounce back for the next one. Can't wait to tget that Atletico game out of the way so we can concentrate on the league

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 21 2021, 09:36 AM
Post #970

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Best case scenario now is Inter and Napoli draw tonight. If one has to win, I'd prefer Napoli to win it. I'd rather keep Inter at -7 personally because they'll be the one still there down the line imo.

I think Napoli are going to fall off.

Plus Napoli have Lazio next while Inter have Venezia

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 21 2021, 01:10 PM
Post #971

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2021, 09:33 AM) *
I'm not worried about the performance in general either, because we were better, scored 3 goals and should have won this.

But, my main worry is that Tatarusanu isn't going anywhere until January, the injuries keep coming which will force us to play players who have barely played all season, which will make them error prone as we saw with Gabbia today who was all over the place. Krunic is a different matter imo. He's a good squad player, the problems come when you're forced to rely on these players regularly

Individual errors by players like Theo and Kessie is also hugely worrying as these are supposed to be the pillars of the team

Theo loves doing that turn, and I understand why he does it because it usually releases him into an open space to sprint through, but when it goes wrong on the rare occasion it's always fatal.

I'm sure we'll bounce back for the next one. Can't wait to tget that Atletico game out of the way so we can concentrate on the league

Losses like last night are really irritating, though. Because it's a game you know we could easily won, so it was just 3 points thrown away.

Sans their second goal, which still came from a poor clearance from Tonali, all their other goals were due to individual mistakes. Gabbia is completely clueless. His overall positioning is terrible and all over the place. Vlahovic would have never scored that first goal had Tomori been there.

These injuries, man. I really don't know what's going wrong. I read that Tomori might be back for Atletico, but not Rebic (hamstring lesion), so he'll probably be out for another 2-3 weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2021, 09:36 AM) *
Best case scenario now is Inter and Napoli draw tonight. If one has to win, I'd prefer Napoli to win it. I'd rather keep Inter at -7 personally because they'll be the one still there down the line imo.

I think Napoli are going to fall off.

Plus Napoli have Lazio next while Inter have Venezia

Agreed. Either draw or Napoli win for me. Inter are the real threat, so best to keep them away.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 21 2021, 01:12 PM
Post #972

Anyway, we really have to work on our concentration. Our players have this tendency to switch off and lose stupid, stupid balls. Hopefully this game served as a wake up call for many.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 21 2021, 08:36 PM
Post #973

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 21 2021, 01:10 PM) *
Losses like last night are really irritating, though. Because it's a game you know we could easily won, so it was just 3 points thrown away.

Sans their second goal, which still came from a poor clearance from Tonali, all their other goals were due to individual mistakes. Gabbia is completely clueless. His overall positioning is terrible and all over the place. Vlahovic would have never scored that first goal had Tomori been there.

These injuries, man. I really don't know what's going wrong. I read that Tomori might be back for Atletico, but not Rebic (hamstring lesion), so he'll probably be out for another 2-3 weeks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Agreed. Either draw or Napoli win for me. Inter are the real threat, so best to keep them away.

Yep, the injuries...

We have a real chance to win this Scudetto. Inter are not as good as last year, Napoli will drop off as they have a great first 11 but not a great squad. Juve are just toiling.

Inter are our biggest threat ad they rarely have injury troubles.

I don't understand why the management does not look into the fitness team. A proper staff would avoid 50% of the injuries we get every season without a doubt.

Inter won tonight so that's a worry. They have an easy fixture list coming up with only Roma being halfway decent.

We need to be perfect going into the winter break. And make sure to keep that gap. Sassuolo will probaly be our trickiest fixture before the Napoli game

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 21 2021, 01:12 PM) *
Anyway, we really have to work on our concentration. Our players have this tendency to switch off and lose stupid, stupid balls. Hopefully this game served as a wake up call for many.

Agreed.

Too many individual errors have cost us this season. Kessie on that play against Inter, than Ballo Toure (which wasn't punished), and then the cherry on top yesterday with 3 huge f ups in the same game...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 21 2021, 10:21 PM
Post #974

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2021, 08:36 PM) *
Agreed.

Too many individual errors have cost us this season. Kessie on that play against Inter, than Ballo Toure (which wasn't punished), and then the cherry on top yesterday with 3 huge f ups in the same game...

Or Bennacer against Porto. Or Kessie against Atletico. Or Theo against Roma. So many brainfart moments I can't even...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 22 2021, 12:15 PM
Post #975

Sportmediaset claiming Maignan could return against Sassuolo this Sunday, or more probably, against Genoa next week. He's been training regularly and his operated wrist doesn't hurt anymore.

Link

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 63 64 65 66 67 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:07 AM