Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ambrosini, Massimo Ambrosini

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #151

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

I'd like to know what the salaries of our players are, to see who earns what in relation to others. Ambro doesn't deserve that much, but he certainly deserves double that of Flamini and Gattuso based on years service + ability.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 21 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #152

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2009, 04:51 PM) *
I'd like to know what the salaries of our players are, to see who earns what in relation to others. Ambro doesn't deserve that much, but he certainly deserves double that of Flamini and Gattuso based on years service + ability.

If we're going to compare ability, then he shouldn't even get half of what Rino and Flamini get.

Secondly Ambro, Rino, Pirlo, Seedorf and Flamini all are on the same basic salaries. Kaka was the one that got the highest salary.

And imo, Ambro does not have anything more then the other players mentioned. Looking at his age and how much a liability he's been most of the time. I'd say he should accept what he's already getting, either that or he should look for another club.

I don't understand how anyone can be condoning this. Paolo had Milan for much longer and was 10 times the player Ambro was and will ever be, yet he never demanded wage increases even though he was among the lowest earners on the team and to top it off Milan wanted to slash HIS wages, not Ambro's or Seedorf's or Dida's. But that's the type of club Milan has become.

And its shameful to see Ambro demanding such a sum, especially now that Milan have been made to sell Kaka, and considering selling Pirlo who is on the same salary as he is. Captain material MY @SS!!!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #153

Prima Squadra

Well that's a difference of opinion then, because Ambro is Gattuso + good in the air + scoring + better passing. In my opinion.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 21 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #154

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2009, 06:05 PM) *
Well that's a difference of opinion then, because Ambro is Gattuso + good in the air + scoring + better passing. In my opinion.

I really don't consider scoring a factor as it's not something that's in the job descrption for either player.

Do I want a mediocre Ambro to play in hopes of him scoring a header or do I want a far better player in Rino who will win balls and keep things simple on the pitch? hmm tough question.

I'm not an Ambro hater. I just find him so frustrating. And I don't understand how some here used to criticise a player like Gourcuff (not saying it was you) for trying to do the hard thing instead of the simple things yet overlooking the fact that this is something that Ambro constantly does, and what's really maddening about it is the fact that he has 0 finesse when it comes to controlling and passing the ball. He tries to take ridiculous shots that usually end up in the parking lot of the stadiums, tries to make passes that Pirlo doesn't even attempt and fails miserably. He's not even that good at doing his actual job which is winning the ball and passing it quickly to our ball players, something that Rino does to perfection.

I just find Ambro so frustrating I usually end up wanting to tear my hair out when I see him do these ridiculous things and yet Carlo never used to take him off because he's one of the old timer, experianced players

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 21 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #155

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 911

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2009, 07:51 PM) *

Ambrosini should earn double what Gattuso earns? Please, you could not like the former and dislike the latter more but try to be a bit more balanced for sanity's sake.

As for service, Ambrosini has indeed been at Milan for more but Gattuso has featured in more games than him.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 21 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #156

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 21 2009, 10:34 PM) *
Ambrosini should earn double what Gattuso earns? Please, you could not like the former and dislike the latter more but try to be a bit more balanced for sanity's sake.

It's called 'Exaggerating', type it in on google and I'm sure you'll find a few definitions.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 21 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #157

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2009, 12:36 AM) *
It's called 'Exaggerating', type it in on google and I'm sure you'll find a few definitions.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I'm better at it than you but this... this is not exaggeration it's "I can't stand Gattuso"... type... of thing.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jun 22 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #158

Prima Squadra

QUOTE (dst @ Jun 21 2009, 10:40 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) I'm better at it than you but this... this is not exaggeration it's "I can't stand Gattuso"... type... of thing.

Oh, and hans posts we're completely "I love Ambro" weren't they.

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jun 22 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #159

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 21 2009, 10:37 AM) *
Paolo never demanded wage increases even though he was among the lowest earners on the team and to top it off Milan wanted to slash HIS wages, not Ambro's or Seedorf's or Dida's.

Where did you hear that?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 22 2009, 06:54 AM
Post #160

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (MizNelson @ Jun 22 2009, 12:41 AM) *
Where did you hear that?

There was a big dispute about it, because apparently they wanted to cut his wage by 50% and Paolo was already one of the lowest earners on the team. And Paolo was threatening to not renew again.

It was even posted here IIRC. I'll try to dig it up.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jun 22 2009, 06:57 AM
Post #161

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 21 2009, 11:49 PM) *

I never said I loved the guy, but you always seem to manage to bring Rino into a conversation to criticise him and how he's not even a player.

+Quote Post

dst
post Jun 22 2009, 11:51 AM
Post #162

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 22 2009, 02:49 AM) *

Don't let han get between us, I'm teasing you now!

+Quote Post

MizNelson
post Jul 4 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #163

Dida per sempre

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 3,563

QUOTE (Channel 4)
Ambro: 'Milan rushed Kaka exit'
Saturday 4 July, 2009
Milan captain Massimo Ambrosini criticised his club for the “rushed” sale of Kaka and warned Ronaldinho cannot carry the team.

Fans protested when Kaka was sold to Real Madrid for £60m last month and as yet no replacement has been found, although Luis Fabiano stated he was eager to join the Rossoneri.

“It all happened so quickly. It felt rushed and without any real planning behind it,” sniped Ambrosini in the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It was decided out of nowhere to take this course of action, to sell the top player in order to balance the books.

“It can happen when a club ends every season in the red, but obviously it’s difficult for the fans to understand this sudden change of direction.”

President Silvio Berlusconi insisted Kaka’s sale would give Ronaldinho the opportunity to take a more commanding role, but Ambro isn’t convinced.

“Ronaldinho promised us all a great season and I believe him because we’re going towards the World Cup and he now cannot shake off the responsibilities handed to him after Kaka’s departure.

“In terms of personality, Ronaldinho needs to feel under pressure in order to give his best. Having said that, we must remember he can provide some elements to the team and not others…”

A centre-forward is still required and Milan are zeroing in on Confederations Cup top scorer Luis Fabiano.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 4 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #164

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

No Ambro its better that we got it over with quickly so we can move on and think ahead to next season. Instead of dragging the will he, won't he story until the final days of the transfer window and then scrambling to buy someone new...

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Jul 6 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #165

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

(IMG:http://media2.acmilan.com/200907/14395_big.jpg)

Ambro is the new captain. congrats Kurt!

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:46 AM