> Honda, Keisuke Honda

acid911
post Apr 6 2014, 01:31 PM
Post #61

Berretti

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (Linkman @ Apr 6 2014, 07:12 AM) *
He came on a free, and brings in dough from a market we didn't have. He'd still be worth keeping if he sucked (he doesn't).

Word. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As long as he's good enough, he's worth keeping for that special Far East touch that he brings. I wanted us to sign this guy since, what 2007 round abouts, because I was aware what he meant for marketing. For the time being I am yet to be totally impressed, but he's carried himself rather well.

I can only imagine how hard it muse be for Honda to communicate with the other players on the pitch. Unless he's got some super secret Italian language skills that we are unaware of.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Apr 6 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #62

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 6 2014, 01:31 PM) *
Word. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As long as he's good enough, he's worth keeping for that special Far East touch that he brings. I wanted us to sign this guy since, what 2007 round abouts, because I was aware what he meant for marketing. For the time being I am yet to be totally impressed, but he's carried himself rather well.

I can only imagine how hard it muse be for Honda to communicate with the other players on the pitch. Unless he's got some super secret Italian language skills that we are unaware of.

Well he speaks great English from what I can tell and I do think that most of the non-Italian players in the team plus Balo do speak English as well

+Quote Post

acid911
post Apr 6 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #63

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 09:52 PM) *
Well he speaks great English from what I can tell and I do think that most of the non-Italian players in the team plus Balo do speak English as well

Nice. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) He's one guy that I really want to do well for us. Let's hope he comes good!

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Apr 6 2014, 06:26 PM
Post #64

CrAzY EyeS

Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 6 2014, 12:52 PM) *

Yeah I believe in his recent interview he mentioned that he speaks frequently with Seedorf in English.

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Apr 7 2014, 05:36 AM
Post #65

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Yup. He speaks to Zee, Balo and Taraabt in English, Zee of course has excellent English skills. I love Zee. He is my hero. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Apr 7 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #66

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

There's also the small fact he conducted his press conference mostly in English.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 3 2014, 11:51 PM
Post #67

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I admit I was off-the-mark with this guy. When we signed him I thought he could really offer that much needed quality, passing and vision we lacked, but I've seen enough of him to say that he offers nothing of the such. His passing and field of vision are very limited. He can pull the simple pass or the obvious long ball, but in terms of creativity he's very, very average.

He totally reminds me of Montolivo. I thought Monto would become the brains of our midfield, but the guy is just an average CM more suited for dirty work than organizing play and making the smart pass. I suppose that's what you get from players you paid nothing for.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 4 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #68

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

Agreed.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 4 2014, 03:05 PM
Post #69

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 3 2014, 10:51 PM) *
I admit I was off-the-mark with this guy. When we signed him I thought he could really offer that much needed quality, passing and vision we lacked, but I've seen enough of him to say that he offers nothing of the such. His passing and field of vision are very limited. He can pull the simple pass or the obvious long ball, but in terms of creativity he's very, very average.

He had a very bright 3 matches and it deluded all of us into thinking he was suddenly a sensation, but if we really nitpick those displays he didn't exactly produce dominant passing or quality assists. It shows how desperate we are for a hero that Honda with a few goals suddenly went from zero to star in our eyes. He's back to zero.

He totally reminds me of Montolivo. I thought Monto would become the brains of our midfield, but the guy is just an average CM more suited for dirty work than organizing play and making the smart pass. I suppose that's what you get from players you paid nothing for.

Monto's first season was rather good; while his passing was not always outstanding he did a lot of all-round work in midfield. It made him seem better than he was.

Last season was a disaster - the captaincy didn't help, as I say I think it was one of the outstanding reasons he was so poor. While I'd say 'average CM' might be harsh (I'd argue Poli's closer to that while being a decent wee player anyway) he certainly isn't anything special and he isn't going to fix our current form crisis.

On a positive note he's really good in FIFA. So's Torres. He's my Serie A top scorer after 21 games with 37 goals (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 4 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #70

Do you play FIFA on 'amateur'? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 4 2014, 04:40 PM
Post #71

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 4 2014, 02:38 PM) *
Do you play FIFA on 'amateur'? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Semi pro. I gave Professional a shot but got destroyed by Porto in my mock-Champions League (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 4 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #72

Allievi Nazionali

PS Torres is an 80 in it (I think, at least 80) so he really is extremely good no matter what difficulty setting.

If only the real one was half as good as that.

PPS: I just beat Juve 3-2 - nice revenge for the 1-0 loss earlier in the season.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Nov 4 2014, 05:02 PM
Post #73

Your FIFA season sounds much more interesting than our real season.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Nov 4 2014, 11:16 PM
Post #74

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Nov 4 2014, 04:40 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Semi pro. I gave Professional a shot but got destroyed by Porto in my mock-Champions League (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I thought that was the case when you said that about Honda, I can't stand him in FIFA! So slow and bulky!

So far I'm up to World Class, haven't tried legendary

Btw, I think you guys are jumping the gun, as usual with this one, so first we all dismiss him, then he's the second coming after a couple of good games, now he's sh!t again.

The problem is that he's stuck on his wing, and there's not much he can do in terms of vision and passing when he's stuck wide and his only options are usually to pass back to Abate or cross himself.

I personally feel like he's been trying to make the best out of a bad situation through sheer hard work, but Serie A sides figure these types of players out easily, all you have to do is close him down quickly and he's out of the game on that right side, same thing with SES on the opposite side.

I'll reserve my judgment about his skill set until we see him in a position where he can utilise them, a position where he's being properly used.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Nov 4 2014, 11:47 PM
Post #75

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 4 2014, 10:16 PM) *
I thought that was the case when you said that about Honda, I can't stand him in FIFA! So slow and bulky!

Yeah he sucks in FIFA (guess that one's quite realistic). I have him as trequartista but considering a change again. Unfortunately I lost SES and De Jong through injury so I'm having to pick fucking Menez!

So far I'm up to World Class, haven't tried legendary

I think I jumped in at the deep end at professional, I'll try to win the league and see if I can upgrade after that. Or I may switch over to Pro Evo once it's out as the demo is frankly bewilderingly good IMO.

Btw, I think you guys are jumping the gun, as usual with this one, so first we all dismiss him, then he's the second coming after a couple of good games, now he's sh!t again.

The problem is that he's stuck on his wing, and there's not much he can do in terms of vision and passing when he's stuck wide and his only options are usually to pass back to Abate or cross himself.

And yet, for 3 games he almost looked half decent, and we all went ballistic thinking he was Herr Christ himself, as you say, because we are so desperate for a hero, a player we can truly rely on. In those 3 games of 'decentry' he was still on the wing.

I personally feel like he's been trying to make the best out of a bad situation through sheer hard work, but Serie A sides figure these types of players out easily, all you have to do is close him down quickly and he's out of the game on that right side, same thing with SES on the opposite side.

I'll reserve my judgment about his skill set until we see him in a position where he can utilise them, a position where he's being properly used.

Won't happen under Pippo. With MvG leaving in January back to Chelsea Inzaghi is starting to look like he literally doesn't know what he's doing now.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:32 AM