22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CL - Round of Last 16 - Tottenham - Milan (2nd leg), Date: 09/03/11 Time: 19:45 GMT 1st Leg: 1-0 Spurs

rip
post Mar 6 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #31

Esordienti B 96

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,065

I cant believe i am saying this, but i too would prefer Seedorf over Merkel. Merkel is better than Sedorf but he doesnt have the mental strength to play big matches like this. In the few matces i have seen merkel play, he had played well, but he seemed nervous sometimes and this game is not the place to build your confidence.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 6 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #32

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Mar 6 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Han, you assume Merkel is not ready for a game like this, that's a huge difference with him being ready or not. You can't know that. Actually, no one knows until given the chance. And I would give him the chance, if the other option is Seedorf. Our worst player in second half of this season. My eyes got hurt reading you saying Seedorf did better than Merkel for us. OMG, we will never agree.

Looking at all the games each player played this season, then yes, Seedorf did better, providing some vital assists along the way, while Merkel had one really good game in the Coppa against Samp while all the others were pretty much meh, including one heart attack inducing showing against Catania.

I'm not assuming, I'm theorising based on what I saw from Merkel this season, and I'm sure that he's just not ready, or even good enough to play in a big CL game like this one, where it's either all or nothing

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 6 2011, 11:15 PM
Post #33

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Experience in CL games really shouldn't be underestimated. Young players or players new to the CL are more likely to get caught up in the moment of playing such a huge game, they try too hard. Players like Seedorf with the 'been there, done it' attitude are not going to get caught up in it at all.

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Mar 6 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #34

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 6 2011, 09:24 PM) *
Looking at all the games each player played this season, then yes, Seedorf did better, providing some vital assists along the way, while Merkel had one really good game in the Coppa against Samp while all the others were pretty much meh, including one heart attack inducing showing against Catania.

I'm not assuming, I'm theorising based on what I saw from Merkel this season, and I'm sure that he's just not ready, or even good enough to play in a big CL game like this one, where it's either all or nothing

+1

It's obvious he isn't ready, it's a big match and he wouldn't stand a chance against the Spurs. A big nononono for me.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 7 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #35

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

Latest reports from Controcampo say we'll play with Seedorf-Flamini-Merkel in midfield.

+Quote Post

shevchenko_007
post Mar 7 2011, 03:25 AM
Post #36

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,289

Seedorf should be strictly a last 20 minutes player, that is the only way we will get anything remotely good out of him before he hopefully retires at the end of this season.

My line-up would be :
-----------Abbiati--------------
Abate--Nesta--Silva--Antonini
--Strasser--Flamini--Janku--
----------Robinho-------------
-------Pato-------Ibra--------

Janku can attack and more importantly help Antonini in containing Lennon.
Flamini needs to show discipline in this game and only go forward when given a clear opportunity to and when he does go forward Strasser needs to tuck in and cover for him.
Seedorf can come on in the last 20 mins and hopefully have a positive impact in the result.
This line up can work if everyone is 100% focused on their job and put these pommy pr!cks to bed.

This post has been edited by shevchenko_007: Mar 7 2011, 03:26 AM

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Mar 7 2011, 03:42 AM
Post #37

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

^ I'd put Flamini on the right and Strasser in front of the defense.

+Quote Post

il_diavolo_mtl
post Mar 7 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #38

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,245

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2011, 09:42 PM) *

ordinarily i would agree, but with all the attention Flamini got on the Corluka tackle, i would not place him near people that can expose his aggression in VdV and Modric. I couldn't care less about the CL anyways, so why not place strasser in the middle. It could be worse, we could've been stuck with Seedorf, Ambro and Rino on the field...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Mar 7 2011, 09:07 AM
Post #39

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

Right now, everyone says they don't care about CL. Well getting dumped out by Tottenham f@ckin hurts!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Not going out to some newbie team without any CL heritage. NOT DOING THAT!! If we get Chelsea or United or Barca...in the next round, by all means play the primavera and get thrashed, I couldn't care less.

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 7 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #40

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2011, 04:42 AM) *

Yup. That's pretty obvious for the ones knowing the players and the formation. Antonini is left-back worries me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

shevchenko_007
post Mar 7 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #41

Esordienti B 96

Member No.: 1,289

If Strasser can out in a disciplined performance then he would be good in the central midfield role and I think he may do a better job there than Flamini would.. he may give too many fouls away around the edge of the area... so yeh I will change my line up to switch those two over.

I dont think we are out of this by any means and the champions league is my favourite competition so i want to go as far as we can, we should be trying our best in every game we play... After all that is what the players get their massive salaries for.

+Quote Post

CrazyMilanFan
post Mar 7 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #42

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 3,873

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 6 2011, 11:26 PM) *
Latest reports from Controcampo say we'll play with Seedorf-Flamini-Merkel in midfield.

"I would put Flamini, Seedorf and Merkel." This is what gallaini said ( read on milannews) he even said that silva should not be considered for Midfield and start at CB

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Mar 7 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #43

Prima Squadra

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,660

Sack Allegri, sign Galliani. /porty

+Quote Post

han2503
post Mar 7 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #44

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 7 2011, 12:26 AM) *

Way too attacking. We'd seriously get caught out with that. Flamini is not a holding midfielder, he pushes up way too much to be our only defensive presence there. Merkel would get eaten alive, aspecially without any real protection from a DM

Our midfield should be Flamini and 2 from Seedorf/Strasser/Janku

No Merkel!!!!

Oh and now I hear that Bale is fit, imagine Merkel up against him... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post

CHU-LIP
post Mar 7 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #45

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,230

QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 7 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Way too attacking. We'd seriously get caught out with that. Flamini is not a holding midfielder, he pushes up way too much to be our only defensive presence there. Merkel would get eaten alive, aspecially without any real protection from a DM

Our midfield should be Flamini and 2 from Seedorf/Strasser/Janku

No Merkel!!!!

Oh and now I hear that Bale is fit, imagine Merkel up against him... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I agreed with the bolded part. But then what you said about Merkel, applies also for Seedorf. I don't get why you are not worried about Seedorf.

IMO it should be 1 of Seedorf and Merkel, and 2 more defensive minded players like Flamini and Strasser.

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:48 AM