> Summer Transfers 2017

Danny
post Jul 13 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #1036

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 6,730

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 13 2017, 08:13 PM) *
Done deal: Lucas Biglia from Lazio to AC Milan. Bid accepted for the Argentinian midfielder. He'll have medicals and sign soon ���� #transfers [FabrizioRomano]

BREAKING: BIGLIA TO @acmilan IS A DONE DEAL, PER @DiMarzio

Biglia will sign a 3-year deal until 2020 with Milan earning €3.5M/year, while Milan will pay €16M + €4M in bonuses, per @cmdotcom

I don't really know Biglia that well. Never followed Lazio at all, so I'll defer judgement. What position in midfield?

As for Bonucci - the last time I was on here it was a pipe dream, now we've practically signed him. F*ck me, delighted with that.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 13 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #1037

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 13 2017, 06:10 PM) *
I am not. He's welcome if he joins, but we all know our priority right now is a top CM. in defense we're covered.

I explained what I think our priority was. And it remains the case - we need alphas in that team. It's filled with followers. Bonucci is a marvelous start and the most important.

And the team looks so much better for it. Being greedy now but we need an alpha mid and an alpha forward.

You might wonder why I ramble on about alphas. Well, every great team needs their leaders. It's not enough to have a captain, you need a few. You need leaders through the spine of the team, and Bonucci is the first.

A reason we were so good back in the day is all the leaders and champions we had. It wasn't just their ability, it was their mental strength and ability to guide each other.

That has been depressingly absent since 2012.

Bonucci is the right direction. I will say though that if we get him, THEN I agree our priority has to be a big midfielder. Although some seem to think we have one now in Kessie?

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 13 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #1038

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,109

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 13 2017, 08:30 PM) *
I don't really know Biglia that well. Never followed Lazio at all, so I'll defer judgement. What position in midfield?

As for Bonucci - the last time I was on here it was a pipe dream, now we've practically signed him. F*ck me, delighted with that.

Yeah, I'm shocked reading all that has gone down, we've agreed personal terms with him but we're still trying to shake Juve down, I say, just give them the 40m they want and run like the f@cking wind!!

Biglia was one of the best mids in the league last season, he's a great regista, obviously not at the calibre of the top tier players in that position but he'll still be a great asset to have. He's a great organizer in the middle of the park, and that's what really draws me in with him. Very good passer and tackler as well, has a few goals and assists in him as well. Personally I'm very happy with him, especially if we get a pass master like Bonucci pulling strings from defence as well so the playmaking won't all fall on Biglia's shoulders

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 13 2017, 08:35 PM) *
I explained what I think our priority was. And it remains the case - we need alphas in that team. It's filled with followers. Bonucci is a marvelous start and the most important.

And the team looks so much better for it. Being greedy now but we need an alpha mid and an alpha forward.

You might wonder why I ramble on about alphas. Well, every great team needs their leaders. It's not enough to have a captain, you need a few. You need leaders through the spine of the team, and Bonucci is the first.

A reason we were so good back in the day is all the leaders and champions we had. It wasn't just their ability, it was their mental strength and ability to guide each other.

That has been depressingly absent since 2012.

Bonucci is the right direction. I will say though that if we get him, THEN I agree our priority has to be a big midfielder. Although some seem to think we have one now in Kessie?

I don't think we're going to get a marquee name in the CM position. Before the Bonucci firestorm I thought we would, but now I don't think that will be the case. They've closed out Biglia and if we get Bonucci I don't see a top class CM as such a huge necessity for next season.

As for leaders, let's put it this way, Biglia is (was) Lazio's captain, Musacchio has captained Villareal in the past, Bonucci is another strong personality as well. If we get that top striker we're craving than I'll go ahead and say that we're serious contenders for next season

We've basically weakened the majority of our direct rivals this summer. This is top dog stuff.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 13 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #1039

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Sky | Biglia will undergo his Milan medical tomorrow afternoon.

Biglia's agent to @MilanNewsit: "He is very happy to be at Milan. He will arrive tomorrow."

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 13 2017, 09:02 PM
Post #1040

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

Milan will look to close the deal for Bonucci by tomorrow morning. [@cmdotcom]

(IMG:https://media.giphy.com/media/4OowbIsmYHbpu/200.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 13 2017, 09:05 PM
Post #1041

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Happy to see Biglia deal finalized. Sounds like they're dickering over 5M for the Bonucci deal and I am still shaking my head over that one. Looks like the rumors of a rift w/Allegri and a fight during halftime in Cardiff may not be so fanciful after all.

+Quote Post

han2503
post Jul 13 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #1042

Prima Squadra
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Jul 13 2017, 09:05 PM) *
Happy to see Biglia deal finalized. Sounds like they're dickering over 5M for the Bonucci deal and I am still shaking my head over that one. Looks like the rumors of a rift w/Allegri and a fight during halftime in Cardiff may not be so fanciful after all.

Well the fight with Allegri was live for all to see during a match last season. Bonucci was subsequently sent to the stands against Porto after the incident. Also, going by what Dani Alves has had to say recently and that Alex Sandro wants to leave, I don't think all is well in that particular dressing room. This might be the only reason why they're even entertaining the notion of selling him to a direct rival for such a meagre fee (especially considering they've turned down bids of over 60m just last summer for him)

Anyway, last rumours are saying that the gap has been minimized and that he could be a Milan player by tomorrow...

Distance between Milan and Juventus has been minimized. Bonucci will become a Milan player tomorrow [@AntBarilla]

Corriere dello Sport's @AntBarilla claims Bonucci will be a Milan player by tomorrow.

Don't know how reliable this guy is though...

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 13 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #1043

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 13 2017, 09:33 PM) *
Don't know how reliable this guy is though...

For the purposes of morale, I say very.

+Quote Post

TriniKing_CE
post Jul 13 2017, 09:50 PM
Post #1044

CrAzY EyeS

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 3,723

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 13 2017, 05:36 PM) *
For the purposes of morale, I say very.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

Fishdoll
post Jul 13 2017, 10:09 PM
Post #1045

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 7,075

Fabrizio Romano is also confirming it and he IS usually fairly reliable.

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 13 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1046

Allievi Nazionali

We're not taking Suso to the ICC and Spurs are preparing a 22M bid.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 13 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #1047

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Member No.: 2,008

I must be the only who's not going crazy about Bonucci...

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 13 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #1048

QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 13 2017, 10:11 PM) *
We're not taking Suso to the ICC and Spurs are preparing a 22M bid.

F*ck! I'll be pissed if we sell Suso.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jul 13 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #1049

Suso and Romagnoli will stay in Milanello due to physical issues, not calciomercato ones.

Link

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jul 13 2017, 10:22 PM
Post #1050

Allievi Nazionali

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 13 2017, 10:13 PM) *
I must be the only who's not going crazy about Bonucci...

Yup!

+Quote Post

114 Pages V  « < 68 69 70 71 72 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:00 AM