3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will the return of Ronaldo turn our season around?

Will the return of Ronaldo turn our season around?
Will the return of Ronaldo turn our season around?
Yes [ 9 ] ** [37.50%]
No [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
Maybe [ 9 ] ** [37.50%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 

m1ke
post Nov 5 2007, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Ronaldo has been included in the squad to face Shaktar tomorrow tonight, in what will potentially be his first game of the season after a long lay-off due to injury.

His arrival back in Jan '07 sparked somewhat of a Milan revival in Serie A, with his 7 goals in 14 games helping Milan reach those important CL spots after an indifferent start to the season.

Carlo believes our poor start to this season is due to our inability to score that first goal which forces the opposition to open up and start playing football, instead of sitting back on the counter. Surely Ronaldo, with his impressive movement and finishing, is the perfect player to achieve this?

Does his return mean that we switch back to the 4-1-3-2 which served us well during the last 3/4 seasons? What happens to Seedorf if that happens, a player who has arguably been our best player this season when playing just behind the striker(s)?

Discuss!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 5 2007, 04:20 PM
Post #2

Smoking Bianco

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 191

I believe Ronaldo will help the team turn around the season.

Our line-up will be something like this:

Dida - Oddo - Nesta - Maldini - Sergio

Gattuso - Pirlo - Seedorf

Kaka'

Gilardino - Ronaldo

A 4-3-1-2 formation has worked for this team in the past. What we lack today is someone decisive in the opponent's box and I believe Ronaldo is that someone decisive. Moreover, Milan is a solid team and with Ronaldo back, it will be from one victory to another (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

I believe that Seedorf will be part of that 3 man midfield or he could alternate with Kaka' to support the strikers when Carlo rests Kaka' for some games in the season.

I can't wait to see us in the 4-3-1-2. been sucha long time.

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 5 2007, 04:25 PM
Post #3

Primavera
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 911

Define "turn around"... IF he avoids injury for a large period we will reach the top 4 but we cannot win the scudetto.

I don't think he will turn anything around as our targets will not change. CWC and CL, he will help us achieve those goals but he can't lead us to a championship win! That would be a turn around...

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 5 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

I don't think he will turn anything around as our targets will not change. CWC and CL, he will help us achieve those goals but he can't lead us to a championship win! That would be a turn around...

Gear up...duck season starts this jan. (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 5 2007, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 5 2007, 05:34 PM)

We're out of ammo.

+Quote Post

Rossoneri7
post Nov 5 2007, 04:43 PM
Post #6

Smoking Bianco

Member No.: 191

(IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

U too .. Havn't I seen u two in Beavis and Butthead_ Do America (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post

Jack Sparrow
post Nov 5 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #7

Loves Greek Women esp Fay
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,865

We're out of ammo.

We'll make bang bang sounds and pretend we're shooting, and they'll all pretend they're dead. And then we can take the trophy(ies)

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 5 2007, 05:12 PM
Post #8

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 5 2007, 05:58 PM)
We'll make bang bang sounds and pretend we're shooting, and they'll all pretend they're dead. And then we can take the trophy(ies)

OR they might think we're idiots... I'm just saying...

Anyway... this is Mike's first thread in months so we shouldn't mess things up! (IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Ronaldo will surely be a breath of fresh air and so will be Pato. I hope with the help of these two guys we can do well in the CL again!

This post has been edited by dst: Nov 5 2007, 05:15 PM

+Quote Post

KillerMax
post Nov 6 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #9

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,388

I don't think so, no. It's great to have him back, but our problems go deeper than just the return of Ronaldo. We are pretty far from the the other top teams in the table and they are every good teams up there like Juve and Fiorentina, who will surely give us a very very hard time to reach fourth place. This has been a nightmare start and I think it will have its consequences. (Such as missing the CL) Ronaldo, will give us a fighting chance though.

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Nov 6 2007, 01:48 AM
Post #10

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I've put 'maybe'. He'll certainly improve us and as long as he stays somewhat healthy, we'll take 4th place. I'm just not confident that he won't have another big injury, which could lead to us missing out on 4th place.

This post has been edited by kurtsimonw: Nov 6 2007, 01:49 AM

+Quote Post

arivanjj
post Nov 6 2007, 03:52 AM
Post #11

7th Heaven

Member No.: 821

it's a definite maybe... a yes if his return sparks the teams confidence and game play. a no if the other players perform like recent forms so of course it's a team game and if they can't provide then he couldn't deliver.

This post has been edited by arivanjj: Nov 6 2007, 03:53 AM

+Quote Post

Bluesummers
post Nov 6 2007, 06:29 AM
Post #12

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,660

F@ck yeah it will turn our season around.

+Quote Post

Zed.D
post Nov 6 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #13

Primavera

Member No.: 1,265

I say "maybe" because the possibility of Ronaldo injuring himself for another three months looks to be more than [or at least equal] the possibility of him turning our season around.

EDIT: Even if he stays healthy, our @sses will be ripped to achieve our objective ((IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) of fourth place ((IMG:http://cyrus.medialayer.net/~m1ke/milanfan.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) ) because right now there are [at least] four teams who absolutely deserve to be in the next year's CL, more than us: Inter, Roma, Fiorentina and especially Juve [who were relegated to Serie B and lost some of their best stars but came back powerfully and never used the Calciopoli as an alibi like Milan did!].

This post has been edited by zdrossoneri: Nov 6 2007, 09:48 AM

+Quote Post

Fillipo Simone
post Nov 10 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #14

Primavera
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,564

QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Nov 6 2007, 09:43 AM)
...especially Juve [who were relegated to Serie B and lost some of their best stars but came back powerfully and never used the Calciopoli as an alibi like Milan did!].

Really?

They deserve it?? I don't think so. They play just like they did a few years ago. You can freely turn your TV on near the 80th minute, cause you won't miss any good stuff. It's still the irritating Juve it used to be.

And considering the "Calciopoli" excuse - don't make a parallel with Milan. Cause it's only naturally that Juve keep their mouth shut. They don't use the excuse cause they were found guilty and they have to play down for quite some time.

+Quote Post

dst
post Nov 11 2007, 06:44 AM
Post #15

Primavera
Group Icon

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 10 2007, 11:31 PM)
And considering the "Calciopoli" excuse - don't make a parallel with Milan. Cause it's only naturally that Juve keep their mouth shut. They don't use the excuse cause they were found guilty and they have to play down for quite some time.

They don't have to use any excuses; they are challenging for the scudetto, we're not!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 06:16 AM