> Milan sack Allegri

KillerMax
post Jan 14 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #61

Allievi Nazionali

Group: Helpers
Member No.: 1,388

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2014, 09:11 AM) *
I just don't see it in him. Just as you believe he will be great. There's no real basis for either, his stubbornness will get in the way far too much.

Some of the best coaches around are stubborn as hell.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 14 2014, 03:56 PM
Post #62

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 14 2014, 04:50 PM) *
Some of the best coaches around are stubborn as hell.

Indeed, it's also a trait in some coaches who can't stay in a job.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 14 2014, 04:04 PM
Post #63

The brightest sun is the purest gun

Group: Full Members
Member No.: 2,008

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2014, 05:56 PM) *
Indeed, it's also a trait in some coaches who can't stay in a job.

Though your favorite coach is one stubborn SOB.

Rumor has it that Allegri will replace Prandelli in charge of the Azzurri. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2014, 04:08 PM
Post #64

Berretti

Member No.: 3,736

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 14 2014, 09:04 PM) *
Rumor has it that Allegri will replace Prandelli in charge of the Azzurri.

Can't wait. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif) Should be fun!

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 14 2014, 04:47 PM
Post #65

(IMG:http://i39.tinypic.com/dg5izk.jpg)

Welcome Clarence! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif)

+Quote Post

Danny
post Jan 14 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #66

Allievi Nazionali

Member No.: 6,730

My personal concerns aren't even just Seedorf - it's this 'dream team' nonsense.

Stam and Crespo seem, like Seedorf, to be appointed for who they are rather than what they can do.

I am more optimistic about the future than I might otherwise be but this 3 way appointment honestly strikes me as 'Hollywood' and short-sighted.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2014, 04:53 PM
Post #67

Berretti

Seedorf is still in FIFA 14, for crying out loud. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Would have preferred a real coach in his stead

But if this is it, then so be it. Welcome!

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #68

Berretti

QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 14 2014, 09:52 PM) *
I am more optimistic about the future than I might otherwise be but this 3 way appointment honestly strikes me as 'Hollywood' and short-sighted.

This! Not the guys one would associate with stability. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif) They may do wonders, or they may cause further wreckage. And Stam, really? He wasn't even that good of a defender to begin with. Reminds me of the FIFA 2006 days with his bald head signifying his reassuring presence in the field when I played matches. Unmistakable bald head.

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 14 2014, 05:21 PM
Post #69

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 14 2014, 06:55 PM) *
And Stam, really? He wasn't even that good of a defender to begin with.

Heresy! Stam was great.

Anyway, I share everyone's concerns. Seedorf is a novice. In fact, he's even less than a novice since he has never trained in his life. But he also has everything it takes to succeed. It's a gamble, but one I'd gladly take considering who was coaching us till yesterday.

+Quote Post

Jack Bauer
post Jan 14 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #70

Allievi Regionali B

Member No.: 6,705

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 14 2014, 07:53 PM) *
Seedorf is still in FIFA 14, for crying out loud. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Would have preferred a real coach in his stead

But if this is it, then so be it. Welcome!

I agree. I will be rooting for him and loved him a lot as a player, but this is too much of a gamble that big clubs usually avoid. He was an active player just a minute ago and even his staff will be mostly inexperienced. Even Pippo would have been a more logical choice. I would have preferred a caretaker till the end of the season and then look for someone more proven like Spalletti maybe. Seedorf should have started with smaller team/youth.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #71

Berretti

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 14 2014, 10:21 PM) *
Heresy! Stam was great.

No he's good. I was taking in the context of Maldini, Nesta, even Tassoti. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Fingers crossed Seedorf (and the management) know what they are doing, maybe Stam has good coaching skills and can gel the defense together. And heavens to bitsy, we need a coherent defense.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 14 2014, 10:21 PM) *
Anyway, I share everyone's concerns. Seedorf is a novice. In fact, he's even less than a novice since he has never trained in his life. But he also has everything it takes to succeed. It's a gamble, but one I'd gladly take considering who was coaching us till yesterday.

Yeah, less than a novice is the way to put it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I am not all that keen on gambles right now, considering what Allegri brought in his tenure here. But let's see. I would have much preferred Seedorf a couple of years later, maybe, after he was a tad more proven. Should be interestingly amusing, nevertheless.

+Quote Post

acid911
post Jan 14 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #72

Berretti

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 14 2014, 11:09 PM) *
I agree. I will be rooting for him and loved him a lot as a player, but this is too much of a gamble that big clubs usually avoid. He was an active player just a minute ago and even his staff will be mostly inexperienced. Even Pippo would have been a more logical choice. I would have preferred a caretaker till the end of the season and then look for someone more proven like Spalletti maybe. Seedorf should have started with smaller team/youth.

Now we are cooking with gas! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/king.gif) Spaletti level minimum. Pretty much everything at the club has been shot to shambles, and if there was a time we needed stability, this was it. The only real positive Seedorf brings for me, if we go this direction, is that he just may spark and foster that family atmosphere.

And that is a very positive viewpoint that can enrich the team. Who knows, maybe it does!

+Quote Post

kurtsimonw
post Jan 14 2014, 06:54 PM
Post #73

Prima Squadra

Member No.: 3,660

I wasn't even sure Seedorf would be allowed. I was under the impression that nowadays you required certain badges to coach at certain levels of football. Unless he does have them?

+Quote Post

X-Offender
post Jan 14 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #74

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 14 2014, 08:54 PM) *
I wasn't even sure Seedorf would be allowed. I was under the impression that nowadays you required certain badges to coach at certain levels of football. Unless he does have them?

Yeah, he does. His agent confirmed it.

+Quote Post

mishie
post Jan 14 2014, 07:14 PM
Post #75

Giovanissimi Nazionali

Member No.: 1,072

Seedorf as confirmed above has his badges and aswell as playing was working with Botafogo's youth side, Stam was a great defender maybe not when he arrived at Milan but was a very good one never the less, Ajax don't want him to leave to so he must be doing something right. Kluivert won the reserve team title with FC Twente, all young in terms of coaching i agree but not complete novices, I'm optimistic esp after hearing Clarence speaking this afternoon i think we can look forward to a more technical progressive style of football and after the last season and a half will be most welcome!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:15 PM